Buddy List

Started by paladincarvin, October 03, 2011, 11:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paladincarvin

The buddy/ignore list is one of the most useful pages on E. In fact, it is the page I come in on. Knowing which of the people you RP with is online is extremely important. This raises an important question: why is it so hard to get to?

I have it bookmarked because it takes at least two clicks to get to. Not to mention, it isn't where one would expect... before I bookmarked it, I often had to search for it. I mean, it would make more sense to be in members than profile. After going to profile you have to know to look in the modify profile drop down.

I'm sure this makes sense for the sake that this is how you edit it, but after I found it, I can't imagine not knowing about it. It seems like something anybody who adds friends to their buddy lists would want.

tl;dr, you should make a shortcut to the buddy list that is in/on the main menu.
I am Warp, creator and master of The Transdimensional Brothel, where I can make your dream come true, at the simple cost making sure my dream comes true.

Lilias

People on your buddy list show up bolded on the Users Online list, at the bottom of the front page, so you don't even need to get to your buddy list if that's all you want to see.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

paladincarvin

I wasn't aware of this... but the list is more compact. A more concise set of data. I rarely see the front page, really... I travel through my bookmarks. Not to mention, I often like to see what my friends are doing in their other stories, and if I can't see the offline people on my list, then it isn't as useful.
I am Warp, creator and master of The Transdimensional Brothel, where I can make your dream come true, at the simple cost making sure my dream comes true.