SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

If you'd like to, sure. Don't feel pressured or rushed though - Kingpin will do me just fine in the meantime.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 01, 2013, 08:20:49 PM
If you'd like to, sure. Don't feel pressured or rushed though - Kingpin will do me just fine in the meantime.

Pshh there are perks to partnering up characters with mine.  The fact that I enjoy playing around with images is just a plus.  So if you do find an image you like, and want it changed to fit your character idea, just throw it my way and I'll fix it for you, to the best of my ability.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

CurvyKitten

Working on a few character ideas, the skills section are we limited to the skills you listed? Or can we add some as long as we spend the points correctly? Things like performance, crafts and the like?

Ciosa

Quote from: Josietta on January 01, 2013, 05:35:05 PM
like this sweetie.

[float=left][url=http://......][img] Evil genius .jpg[/img][/url][/float]  [float=right][url=http://....][img]SR banner pic here[/img][/url][/float]
[center][url=http:// ons and offfs link] Ons and Offs.. etc.... [/url][/center]

try that!

ps: PUnkin'  you are my genius baby! *snogs*

Thank you so much, Josi!  <3  You are the best!

Pumpkin Seeds

Hopefully will have my character done and up very soon.  Have a few days off coming up.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 01, 2013, 08:45:29 PM
Working on a few character ideas, the skills section are we limited to the skills you listed? Or can we add some as long as we spend the points correctly? Things like performance, crafts and the like?

We are restricted to what's on the wiki. That being said, if you want to say that your character can sing or dance or something like that, that should be fine, it will just be your regular, run of the mill singing and dancing and won't infer any strengths, just character.

Correct me if I'm out of place here, Lunar.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

ReijiTabibito

*Beep*

Lunar is not here right now.  He will be back tomorrow to answer all of your questions.  Please leave a message and try again later.

Pumpkin Seeds

:: voice recording:: So Lunar, I wanted to know if I should wear the lace thong or the silk.  Not sure what you like.  Give me a call back real soon or I'll just assume you don't want me to come over tonight.  See you!

:P

undisclosedtoyou

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Josietta

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 01, 2013, 09:16:36 PM
:: voice recording:: So Lunar, I wanted to know if I should wear the lace thong or the silk.  Not sure what you like.  Give me a call back real soon or I'll just assume you don't want me to come over tonight.  See you!

hah! He says neither.. you won't need them for long anyway.

he's actually in bed.. this cold has him down for the count.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 01, 2013, 09:12:24 PM
We are restricted to what's on the wiki. That being said, if you want to say that your character can sing or dance or something like that, that should be fine, it will just be your regular, run of the mill singing and dancing and won't infer any strengths, just character.

Correct me if I'm out of place here, Lunar.

May just have to rethink both my idea's then. One of the required things like forgery and few other things. And another that was going to use her fame as a musician as a cover for other things she does. That seems like a very narrow list of skills, specially if we will be required to have the sheet to back up every talent or skill our character has, like most system games require.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 01, 2013, 09:16:36 PM

::Quickly snatches up the handset at the GMs office and clears his throat:: Wear the lace thong, please with the stockings and garter. Oh, and uh... don't dally.
The Oath of The Drake

Kuroneko

::beeeeep::  Dear GM's, how much synthleather is too much?  Should I be worried about chaffing?  Is there a special outfit I can buy for that?
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Michael Corvus

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 01, 2013, 09:21:15 PM
May just have to rethink both my idea's then. One of the required things like forgery and few other things. And another that was going to use her fame as a musician as a cover for other things she does. That seems like a very narrow list of skills, specially if we will be required to have the sheet to back up every talent or skill our character has, like most system games require.

Well, the skills are the basic, essential skills that might be needed by a shadowrunner. Lunar and I can discuss adding other skills like forgery when he returns to determine if we will be adding anything else, but I don't suspect that we will.

As far as as a singer goes, If you want to make her a big time, famous singer that's fine.  Fame is fine, just keep it reasonable. I wouldn't recommend too much fame while being a runner, though. It can cause problems for her later on if someone recognizes her during a run.

Also, her fame will not add anything to the mechanics of her shadowrunning career, nor will it equate to her being wealthy. All of that will need to be determined via the character creation rules found on the wiki.

So, in short, she could be famous within reason, but it would all be the role play and would be superficial as far as game mechanics.

Does that make sense?

I'll let Lunar elaborate more on this tomorrow.
The Oath of The Drake

Callie Del Noire

Looks like my concept is taken (Face) so I'll have to think up something.. can I do it in 4e formate (helps me think things out) then translate to your sheet with help?

Or is it already too full?

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 01, 2013, 09:51:12 PM
Looks like my concept is taken (Face) so I'll have to think up something.. can I do it in 4e formate (helps me think things out) then translate to your sheet with help?

There are no number of spots to be filled. If you want to create a Face, then create a face. There is no one and done. Who's to say that we won't have more than one runner team?

Some of characters might not even know each other while others might be enemies... the competition. Who knows?

You can create it however makes it easiest for you, so long as it conforms to the rules of this game when all is said and done. :)
The Oath of The Drake

CurvyKitten

Actually the idea I have in mind wouldn't make it hard to have fame and be a shadow runner at all. As her face would never actually be seen. But it allows for her to have some very interesting connections and contacts. More a girl you go to for information, setting up a job, selling some goods,getting documentation or duplicates of something and so on.

I actually have a few ideas that could work for this game. A gang member that owns a chop shop/ regular mechanics shop. Neutral ground for the most part between the local gangs. Specializing in rigging and explosives(Mainly because it entertains me :P). Has gained the respect of the people around her mainly for the way she operates. (slight inspiration of barbed wire in this one :) )

A hired gun, straight up combat time possibly physical adept. Either that or straight up cybernetic enhancement implants not sure yet. Her BG is still forming in my head and will choose which route she will take. I know she is probably a bit of a drunk, and has a bit of an anger management issue. LOL Hmm I do believe a red head would be in order for this one. :P

Michael Corvus

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 01, 2013, 10:00:35 PM
Actually the idea I have in mind wouldn't make it hard to have fame and be a shadow runner at all. As her face would never actually be seen. But it allows for her to have some very interesting connections and contacts. More a girl you go to for information, setting up a job, selling some goods,getting documentation or duplicates of something and so on.

I actually have a few ideas that could work for this game. A gang member that owns a chop shop/ regular mechanics shop. Neutral ground for the most part between the local gangs. Specializing in rigging and explosives(Mainly because it entertains me :P). Has gained the respect of the people around her mainly for the way she operates. (slight inspiration of barbed wire in this one :) )

A hired gun, straight up combat time possibly physical adept. Either that or straight up cybernetic enhancement implants not sure yet. Her BG is still forming in my head and will choose which route she will take. I know she is probably a bit of a drunk, and has a bit of an anger management issue. LOL Hmm I do believe a red head would be in order for this one. :P

As long as her fame wouldn't make her instantly recognizable, it should work.

Both sound like lovely ideas, Curvy.

Why don't you make a character sheet for one or both of them and PM them over to Lunar and myself and we'll look it over, see if there's anything that needs tweaking and let you know. :)
The Oath of The Drake

CurvyKitten

you mean for all three...those were all separate idea's. lol And I will work on some sheets and see what I come up with.

Michael Corvus

Oh... Yes. All THREE were good ideas. I can't fraggin count anymore after building my Street Sam guy and figuring all the essence and nuyen and stuff.  ::)

I look forward to reading what you come up with. :)
The Oath of The Drake

Kuroneko

You know, I'm glad to hear that even if GM is having trouble putting everything together. It makes me feel a little better, lol.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Callie Del Noire

DO you allow Surge Victims? (figured I should ask now)

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 01, 2013, 10:17:56 PM
DO you allow Surge Victims? (figured I should ask now)

Probably not, but Lunar and I will discuss this further and come to a decision.
The Oath of The Drake

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 01, 2013, 09:51:12 PM

There's no limit to the number of Faces, since we're not going to be Running with each other all the time, so as long as you're not making a Troll Face, your concept hasn't been taken at all.

Josietta

Yup yup..

same for any archtype/concept!

One of my concepts borders a similar vein as Curvy's but its doubtful they'd be alot a like. :)

Character Blurb Bit as Reference to That

Name: Analise McGregar
Race: Human (petite with a pronounced "Short" Flaw)
Class: Rigger Mechanic

Height:  4'8"
Weight: 89 lbs

Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

Nationality: UCAS Born Citizen of Seattle

SIN:  Yes (Fake)

Both of Analise's parents died in a gang war in the middle of Tacoma when she was only three. She was then taken to an orphanage because she had no other family to accept her into their home. No one had the funds to take in another mouth to feed and so she was made a ward of the City/State of Seattle.  She escaped the facility when she was 15 and found her way out. There was a small trust fund left for her by her parents but she would not have access to it until she was 18.  She spent the next three years working with an old mechanic in a run down shop in Tacoma. He taught her how to repair vehicles, do standard maintenance, and eventually rebuild engines and other complex parts. She became a top commodity in the vehicles area of blackmarket mechanics. To earn extra cash she started doing milk runs for local corp guys. Eventually learning that she could be a runner and do her mechanics work at the same time.  She slowly built up enough rep and cash that she bought her own small shop that she lived in and worked out of. Ana wasn't the best rigger in the biz but she did okay for herself. She specialized in vehicles and equipping them for maximum effectiveness as well as weaponry, stealth, and armor. She didn't deal with drones much at all but could work one if she had to. She hopes to create her own specialized bike built from scratch with sweet weaponry and armor included someday.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!