Demons in Victorian London (Freeform Game) (Interest Check)

Started by Tokyorose627, September 02, 2018, 01:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

Synopsis

The year is 1888, the reign of Queen Victoria is strong over the bustling, yet equally dreary city of London, England. People go about their days, merchants, philanthropists, Earls, and Heiresses, all with their own agenda, their own schedules, their own lives. Nothing seems to bother the humble lives of humans, or rather, nothing seems so, to the naked eye that is.

In the darkness of the night, during the darkest hours, explicit activity run amok. Drunkenness, prostitution, gambling, and even darker monstrosities run rampant within the ever growing city. Wealth, power, and status are what make or break a person entire life. In a blink of an eye, a persons life can be changed for the better, or uprooted and trampled on. Only the strong survive, and in the city that has whispers of a killer after women, trade deals that can change the course of history, and the invention of steam powered machines coming to life, the city of London becomes the heart of an ever changing world.

The ever changing becomes more interesting, especially when rumors of real life devil summoning becomes a discussion amongst the whispered populace...

~~~~~

This game is inspired by the Japanese anime, Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler. Elements such as religion, demons, and the setting of Victorian Era England are main focuses of the game. The game will be played in freeform, with a mixture of many races of humans, and if players wish, demons that can fall into the fray. Plots surrounding real life events, such as the Jack the Ripper Murders, could be one of the many situations that the group could explore and go down, or other plots or ideas that others come up with!

~~~~~
Notes
~~~~~

This game will/may contain:

-Sexual situations

-Prostitution

-Murder

-Demonic summoning

-Religious elements

-Alcohol consumption,

and other very mature subjects.

If some of that stuff ain’t your thing, please don’t join! I want this game to be fun, but there may be something’s that may happen that people aren’t comfortable with, which I understand!

~~~~~
Races
~~~~~

For this game, I would only prefer:

Humans: You know, like what we are. Nothing exciting or interesting, we die pretty quick though.

And

Demons: Demonic beings summoned from the underworld by a ritual. Demons can have multiple looks and personalities, but if they are to go amongst the human populace and roam around, they must have human disguises. In this game, demons, and any sort of occult magic, is forbidden and laughed at, however, people do have a secret fear of the unknown.

For Demons, a contract must be made between them and a human. Depending on the type of demon they are, the contract may bind the two from a certain condition, such as an action needing to be fulfilled, the humans life being cut in half in exchange for something of value, or a certain request is taken. When the contract is created, a seal is etched somewhere in the humans body that binds said contract. Breach of contract results in the humans death instantaneously.

Note: -Demons should not oversaturate the game! For every human, their can be one demon. In order for a demon to be in the game, they must have a contract or be summoned by a human in game. No demons can be off on their own, for demons can only be summoned into the physical world with a contract with another of the human race. However, if people wish, two human can share a contract with a demon, or more. Please PM Mod for further questions or concerns.

-Other races may be appealed to the Mod, but the Mod has the final word and say about what will be accepted, and what will not.

~~~~~
Rules
~~~~~

More will be added.

1. If there is any issues regarding a particular player or a scene where people cannot seem to agree, PM me and I will handle it. I want everyone to have fun, and fights and disagreements can easily be solved, to an extent.

2. You will give each and every person that same respect that you wish to be treated as. No harsh words regarding people, or making fun of others for something that they said or did in game. If you aren’t going to respect others, then you can’t be in this game.

3. Since this is an anime-inspired game, I want people to use anime pics for their character! I’m a bit of a stickler for continuity, and since we are basing this off of an anime, I would like everyone to use an anime pic. RL pics in an anime game just don’t do well for me because it takes the whole experience out when you see an RL pic mixed together with anime pics. If you need help ask others, or myself even, but this is something that I have to stress because I can never really seem to get my head wrapped around it. If you ABSOLUTELY can’t find anything, then we can come to an agreement, but for now, please use anime pics.

4. Grammar, this is a big thing for me as well! Grammar is something that is super important to me because if it’s bad, it can take RPers out of an experience by seeing grammatical errors, or run on sentences that don’t seem to have an end. Please make sure to check your grammar in posts, and if you need help, feel free to ask myself or others.

5. No god-modding. I can’t stress this enough but if you have a plan for a character or wish to do a certain scene and you control another persons character without asking, it’s gonna be bad news. You have to ask permission from th either user before you can perform any such actions that would involve two characters for a plan. As well, no automatically landing hits or attacks, simply because you need to give the other user the chance to react to your post and what has happened in said post. It wouldn’t be fair if someone were to control your character in game right when you had a reaction planned, now would it?

6. Characters must be 18 years or older! As well, please make sure your face claim for the game is 18 years or older in order to not have any problems in the future!

Andol

azzmeister89

Sounds interesting to me, I've never watched black butler but I'm willing to give this a look.

EvieFrye

I have not watched Black Butler but I am both a fan of anime and the Victorian era. I would love to join. I am also wondering, can there be humans with magic? Also, I have an anime character I want to use as a face claim, though her age in her show is 15, she looks like she could be 18. Would she be allowed?

Kokaine

Possibly interested. Will check out Black Butler to be sure but I'd probably want to play a demon.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Tokyorose627

Quote from: EvieFrye on September 04, 2018, 06:15:35 AM
I have not watched Black Butler but I am both a fan of anime and the Victorian era. I would love to join. I am also wondering, can there be humans with magic? Also, I have an anime character I want to use as a face claim, though her age in her show is 15, she looks like she could be 18. Would she be allowed?

If you wish to have a flaceclaim the character must be 18 years of age, that is if you wan to show the picture in your posts. If you do not embed the picture into your posts and instead link, that is alright. However please look up Elliquiys rules as well to be safe.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Kokaine on September 04, 2018, 02:15:47 PM
Possibly interested. Will check out Black Butler to be sure but I'd probably want to play a demon.

No problem! You don’t have to have seen the skiers out right to be able to be in this game, however it’s good idea to simply look up some of the lore nd what not, as well as some scenes so people have an idea!

EvieFrye

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 04, 2018, 05:22:02 PM
If you wish to have a flaceclaim the character must be 18 years of age, that is if you wan to show the picture in your posts. If you do not embed the picture into your posts and instead link, that is alright. However please look up Elliquiys rules as well to be safe.

I would provide a link to a picture of her in my profile and maybe first post. If you are interested, this is the character I meant: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/53/63/05/536305498ff3a5a968d0614f96a7bafd.jpg https://images4.alphacoders.com/119/119824.jpg

Also, is my character allowed to have magic?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: EvieFrye on September 04, 2018, 06:12:43 PM
I would provide a link to a picture of her in my profile and maybe first post. If you are interested, this is the character I meant: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/53/63/05/536305498ff3a5a968d0614f96a7bafd.jpg https://images4.alphacoders.com/119/119824.jpg

Just in case, make sure to ask a Mod to be safe. I dont really have the right judgement to make sure its ok; it’s just as a precaution, you know?

As for magic, I’m not quite sure yet. I imagined this game to be more of humans with demons in he mix. Magic isn’t really used in this world, and is more of an occult type sense. It sounds like non-sense, but it’s also sounds interesting and enticing for people to actually try. Much like real life curiosities, the occult and dark magic are a rumor and possibility, but if it actually works, no one is for sure.

I’m not sure if I want magic in this game, just because people could be very picky about it, and some could get over there head and it could get OP and such. For the time being, I’d say only things such as summoning and binding contracts with demons is the only magic that will be approved, for the time being that is.

EvieFrye

Ok, do you know, just to be safe, I will chose another face claim. Now Magic is out of the question, what about weaponary? I may have a female that is good with weapons, is that ok? She could even be a hunter on the side, if thats ok with you.

Andol

Well if we need demons and humans I can certain play one of our pitiful humans  >:)

Kokaine

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 04, 2018, 05:22:39 PM
No problem! You don’t have to have seen the skiers out right to be able to be in this game, however it’s good idea to simply look up some of the lore nd what not, as well as some scenes so people have an idea!

No worries, it was on my watchlist anyway. Just an excuse to bump it up a bit.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Tokyorose627

Quote from: EvieFrye on September 04, 2018, 06:53:00 PM
Ok, do you know, just to be safe, I will chose another face claim. Now Magic is out of the question, what about weaponary? I may have a female that is good with weapons, is that ok? She could even be a hunter on the side, if thats ok with you.

Weaponry would be interesting, but remember that demons aren’t common in the world; or rather, they aren’t common knowledge. People summon them when they get desperate, or actually know about the demonic beings from word of mouth, or from experience. They could be a hunter if they wished, just don’t expect for them to be waving weapons around in public and doing crazy stunts around London; they would be probs be considered mad. Lol

EvieFrye

Oh yeah, no. I was thinking if nothing else my character could be someone who grew up around weapons (Daddy was a hunter of animals) but with the idea of demons coming around, especially if she gets pulled into a situation involving one, she may use what she knew and learned from her father. And would also be discreate, moving mostly at night. but if you would rather I not do that, let me know.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: EvieFrye on September 04, 2018, 10:26:01 PM
Oh yeah, no. I was thinking if nothing else my character could be someone who grew up around weapons (Daddy was a hunter of animals) but with the idea of demons coming around, especially if she gets pulled into a situation involving one, she may use what she knew and learned from her father. And would also be discreate, moving mostly at night. but if you would rather I not do that, let me know.

It’s no problem! It all depends on what demons we have, and your own character’s backstory and what they themselves have been through.

EvieFrye

Great. I will look up pictures to use for her. Oh, and I’m guess there can’t be anything steampunk, right?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: EvieFrye on September 05, 2018, 07:17:08 PM
Great. I will look up pictures to use for her. Oh, and I’m guess there can’t be anything steampunk, right?

No steampunk please. This is purely realistic Victorian times. :D

EvieFrye

Just checking, since a lot of things use steam punk too. I need to make sure.

Oh, if I can’t find a picture, would you accept a character maker picture, that is still anime?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: EvieFrye on September 05, 2018, 07:22:19 PM
Just checking, since a lot of things use steam punk too. I need to make sure.

Oh, if I can’t find a picture, would you accept a character maker picture, that is still anime?

That would be fine, if you would like. Simply make sure the maker that you use looks enough like an adult; if not, simply link the picture.

In the meantime however, no characters will be created yet until we get more interest. :3

EvieFrye

Ok, I hope more join. I would hate to see this die before it begins.

Tokyorose627

Yeah I’d rather this not die either. ;A;

Hopefully mor einterest cmes our way! :D

VonDoom

I'm kind of interested, though the lack of magic is making it more difficult to me -- perhaps because I haven't seen Black Butler -- one of the draws of a game involving demon pacts and potentially playing a human within them, in my mind, would be a theme of the occult and ritual magics.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Tokyorose627

Quote from: VonDoom on September 06, 2018, 12:59:36 AM
I'm kind of interested, though the lack of magic is making it more difficult to me -- perhaps because I haven't seen Black Butler -- one of the draws of a game involving demon pacts and potentially playing a human within them, in my mind, would be a theme of the occult and ritual magics.

I do understand the potential downfalls of not having magic. One of the things I’m worried about, however, is everyone wanting to have magic for their characters, in a world that doesn’t know anything about it. Demons are the only ones that have supernatural abilities, so if it were to be up to individuals with magic, I would have to say maybe only demons would be able to?

I could have it where magic is allowed but only a very limited amount of people can have characters that have magic. Would that be a better solution?

EvieFrye

Well, I will say this, with the original character I was going to use, I was going to use the ability she had in the series that she came from, to light things on fire, like looking at a candle to light it, or looking at cloth to make it ignite. And in the series, she had to where glasses to aim properly because of her eyesight.

Andol

It could also be a type of magic that is very limited... or at a high cost as things that come from demons tend to be XD

AnnieSatin

Ieatcookies

Ieatcookies

Quote from: Andol on September 04, 2018, 07:21:51 PM
Well if we need demons and humans I can certain play one of our pitiful humans  >:)

If you're interested in playing a human male, would you also be interested in playing one who makes a contract with a succubus or other type of female demon?

Andol

Quote from: Ieatcookies on September 17, 2018, 01:04:05 PM
If you're interested in playing a human male, would you also be interested in playing one who makes a contract with a succubus or other type of female demon?

Yes I most certainly am going to be making a human male and sure I would be interested in playing one who does just that  >:)

CurvyKitten

Quote from: EvieFrye on September 04, 2018, 06:12:43 PM

Just a heads up that character is 15 in the anime so you can't use her as a face claim. Just didn't want you getting into trouble. :) I've been having to do a lot of research and asking about anime FC lately so I totally get the struggle hehe

Also tempted, I'll keep an eye on things and see how they develop.

ElizabethLamperouge

I'm really interested in this! I would love to play a human male. I hope more people show interest so this idea can take off.

By the way, can a person play more than one character? Is there a limit?

Jinpia

Tokyorose627

Thank you for all the interest everyone! Unfortunately I don’t think this idea will pan out as mich due to the low number of people, so for the time being I put this on the back burner until I think it may do better in regards to turnout. I may edit it as well to make something different, and fix some ideas I may want for it.

Thank you for the interest however, and I’m sorry that I’m closing it for the time being. :(