Shindo Supremacy--planning for Kingdom Supremacy has begun

Started by Jezabelle, September 05, 2017, 12:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Quote from: Faeli on September 26, 2017, 11:24:57 PM
That is why recruiting is crucial.  Doing it with cap actions per clan will mean no one but the clan lead gets to play

Not exactly,

1 clan 2 people

1 action each, simple as that.

Faeli

Quote from: Aiden on September 26, 2017, 11:34:50 PM
Not exactly,

1 clan 2 people

1 action each, simple as that.

And when clans are eliminated and there are 5 people per clan?

Aiden

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Aiden on September 27, 2017, 12:00:34 AM
You increase the amount of actions...

Which leads to problem as if all migrate to one clan to create super clan where is +5 people and other has just one or two people in it. More so if clan members are allowed aid each other (not taking action as it does now) then clan armies always tap on item given turns and clan with less PC's will always loose a battle as they run out of item charges and get steamrolled (unless they have superior number of troops but even then depending dice roll can be tough call).

Autocad

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Autocad on September 27, 2017, 12:27:08 AM
So is there a market for mercenary bureaucrats?

Probably, up to GM decide can players play as mercenaries (meaning not staying in single clan but more and less swap sides to whoever pays most).

Aiden

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 27, 2017, 12:11:18 AM
Which leads to problem as if all migrate to one clan to create super clan where is +5 people and other has just one or two people in it. More so if clan members are allowed aid each other (not taking action as it does now) then clan armies always tap on item given turns and clan with less PC's will always loose a battle as they run out of item charges and get steamrolled (unless they have superior number of troops but even then depending dice roll can be tough call).

You missed the entire point, the actions are capped PER CLAN, not by players.

So my example would be...

3 players in 1 clan A

2 players in 1 clan  B

1 Player in clan  C

In this case, give the members in Clan A 1 action each, Clan B 1 each (and 1 extra  to plan among themselves) and Clan C gets 3 actions.

As it stands, having more in a Clan, means those without members in a clan are at a clear disadvantage.

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, so cap is based on largest number of PC's in any clan then? Makes sense then. But still even if actions are capped on 1 per PC (or several to single PC), the disadvantage is still there. As single PC cannot specialize to all three skills (Kogatana example cannot never organize fleet and building anything with her clan takes several seasons or even years and courtly matters she is shut down in any negotiations) and thus their actions are limited as they can only take specific set of actions only (even if remove cap how many times they can take actions like take multiple actions to claim/attack territories). More so in army scenario where you have single PC lead army and other side 3 PC's which each one has their own tools which to tap into during the battle.

FollonStars

Do you mean like a "bureaucrats for hire" kinda deal?

Autocad

Quote from: FollonStars on September 27, 2017, 12:47:41 AM
Do you mean like a "bureaucrats for hire" kinda deal?

Yup! Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like demand exceeds supply.

Jezabelle

You can switch sides fluidly, you just need to RP arriving in the territory of your new clan (as simple as crossing a border often but if you're going to an island on the far side of Shindo that'll be a bit of a travel) + spend an action, no roll required, to do so.

You take your inventory with you so you could demand nice items and shit for your services.

On the Action Economy Debate
Larger numbers of characters grants an objective advantage in the RAW.

I do not intend to alter this.  Shindo Supremacy will play out as it will, and before I begin recruitment for my next game, I will engage in an honest and in-depth discussion with all interested parties on the best ways to refine the Supremacy system such that it can be fun, quick to set up and easy to play, and fair. 

I'm not going to give dummy characters, and I do expect Clans to congeal into Superclans as the game goes on.  I fully anticipate 4-3 Clans at time of game's end, not a full 6.

Aiden

Quote from: Autocad on September 27, 2017, 12:58:41 AM
Yup! Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like demand exceeds supply.

I need more people, as it stands I am at a disadvantage and I could use a strong bureaucrat to strengthen and build my clan

Autocad

Wandering bureaucrat (buronin? ronincrat?) for hire!

Name: Nishizu Chie
Sexuality (IC): Bi
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-Con acceptable, just ask first OOC
Physical Description: Chie is a young woman whose ambition dwarfs her small stature. Despite her purely Shindo features she carries herself with foreign airs, not least of which is the pipe she is never seen without and the sweet smoke of exotic herbs rising from it.
Personal History: Chie was born in a foreign land across the sea, the daughter of an ambassador of the late emperor. Despite the difficulties her father gave her a proper Shindo upbringing as much as possible. When the emperor died the ambassador and his family was recalled, but on the way home they were shipwrecked by a storm that left her as the only survivor. Washed up on the beach with little more than the clothes on her back and a few possessions salvaged from the debris, she finds herself in a home foreign to her and in need of a patron.

Culture: Tea Etiquette
Ethnicity: Shindo

(you may have up to 5 stars in each skill, you begin with 7 stars to spend across the three as you see fit--you may have zero stars in a skill)
Etiquette: ⭐⭐
Bureaucracy: ⭐⭐⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐+⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐ (you use these to increase stats at the end of the year if your Clan has the right building)

Inventory:  Lucky Beads [Tapped 0/2]

Zaer Darkwail

Just note the pipe she is using was rather common design in Japan/oriental setting, it was even used as discreet weapon.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Autocad on September 27, 2017, 01:24:49 PM

Physical Description: Chie is a young woman whose ambition dwarfs her small stature. Despite her purely Shindo features she carries herself with foreign airs, not least of which is the pipe she is never seen without and the sweet smoke of exotic herbs rising from it.
Personal History: Chie was born in a foreign land across the sea, the daughter of an ambassador of the late emperor. Despite the difficulties her father gave her a proper Shindo upbringing as much as possible. When the emperor died the ambassador and his family was recalled, but on the way home they were shipwrecked by a storm that left her as the only survivor. Washed up on the beach with little more than the clothes on her back and a few possessions salvaged from the debris, she finds herself in a home foreign to her and in need of a patron.

(you may have up to 5 stars in each skill, you begin with 7 stars to spend across the three as you see fit--you may have zero stars in a skill)
Warfare: ⭐⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐ (you use these to increase stats at the end of the year if your Clan has the right building)

Approved with the provisio that you've always got to either be in someone's court (member of their faction) or with the bandits to be able to take actions.  You can leave and belong with no-one but w/out the infrastructure of a Clan you won't be able to get anything done on "the world stage" so to speak.

Aiden

Warfare: ⭐⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐ (you use these to increase stats at the end of the year if your Clan has the right building)

Im interested, we non natives should stick together.

Vonandi

I feel like I might have a more imminent need, having a war to win and all. I would be willing to trade quite a bit as my need is fairly dire.

Edit: I don't mean to create a cleft before you even join, you are a mercenary so could assist us both, or neither of us if you so desire.

Aiden

Quote from: Vonandi on September 27, 2017, 07:04:34 PM
I feel like I might have a more imminent need, having a war to win and all. I would be willing to trade quite a bit as my need is fairly dire.

Edit: I don't mean to create a cleft before you even join, you are a mercenary so could assist us both, or neither of us if you so desire.

You are the one who declared war

Vonandi

As is my wont? I'm not trying to start an argument here I only wished to reiterate my interest in a bureaucrat as I hadn't posted on it in a while.

FollonStars

I like the title xD
So which beach did you wash up on? The Krai Folk would be my first choice  ;) Though we don't need a ronincrat, I welcome all ship-wrecked people.

Autocad

Let the bidding wars begin! The side with the most attractive offer gets a shiny wet new buronincrat.

Aiden

I got nothing to offer, so good luck.

Its not like we have currency to bargain.

Zaer Darkwail

I got loads of iron to offer and educational academy for arts of war where you can study while working for me.

FollonStars

I might sincerely cry if you go to the Gunba. Is that what you want? Tears? Cause I can pay in tears xD

But seriously you should consider one of the clans that only has one person in them. But I am not a dictator, I won't, and really can't, force to you do anything :P

Jezabelle

Made a thread for us to discuss the system.  Head a bit fuzzy, it's 6AM, hopefully iHaven't made a horrible mistake.