Dungeon Girls (Fantasy, NC, Seeking GM)

Started by Daril, January 02, 2017, 12:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daril

A while back I was part of a RPG called Dungeon Runners which had groups of adventurers clearing a dungeon on the fantasy land equivalent of a reality show.  That RPG more or less died, but I'd like to try doing a more serious game based on a similar concept (Dungeons Runners was rather comedic and had a fairly controlled environment).  In a fantasy setting where major existential threats have subsided, groups of adventurers get paid to go into dangerous old ruins and such while being magically recorded for entertainment purposes.  This particular group of adventurers would happen to be a group of beautiful young women who end up facing plenty of monsters, bandits, cultists etc who want to capture them.

The game that inspired this was a D&D 5E game, but I'd be good with freeform (or maybe just using occasional dice rolls to spice things up rather than using them for everything).

I have a few different characters I could use for a game like this.  Perhaps the best developed are a lady knight who wants to prove herself and a half-elf mage/entertainer (and former slave).

Lady Knight (NSFW)

Half-elf Mage
Half-elf Mage in Distress (NSFW)

Is anyone interested in GMing or playing in a game like this?

wander

I'd play, though I'd prefer Dungeon World as a system personally.  :-)

Vercile

I'd love to play, I always enjoy putting my well-established Knight, Thief or Wizard character into anything Dungeon-y or NC!

Haztur

I game Daril
I can always bring Sophie (pragmatic sorceress with thievery tendencies with a mind for profit, even at expence of family :P
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Daril

Note for potentials GMs -Hatzur's Sophie and my Maria (the lady knight) were twin sisters in the previous game we were both part of.  Maria is the knight in shining armor while Sophie is the runaway black sheep (though the two are pretty close in spite of that).  ;)

One thing I've been starting to question is whether the "fantasy world version of reality TV" aspect is actually a good idea.  I'm not sure I like the idea of all the girls' misfortunes being broadcast for a huge audience.  Though on the flip side, I like the kind of characters the premise leads to.  One of my characters is an entertainer trying to hit it big for instance, while the other is a lady knight who seeks to prove herself despite not having a war to fight in.

Sabre

You could bait and switch the female adventurers. Have a rich noble call out for adventurers for a rigorous selection process to form a qualified party to then explore a newly discovered dungeon deep in some mines he owns. He claims he only wants the very best, and would like his property secured by having the hand-picked adventurers bring an enchanted seeing crystal with them to catalogue everything. Of course it's all a front for the noble and his friends to spy and bet on the women as they run an erotic gauntlet of his own making. Even the selection was a ruse, mostly a flirtatious interview process to screen and introduce candidates based on their looks, unique charm, or even personal grudges.

Biles

I'd be interested in this game so long as free form is available. I myself was never good at playing RPs with super complex systems like pathfinders and stuff which is why I often avoid them.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Haztur

Quote from: Sabre on January 07, 2017, 03:36:42 PM
You could bait and switch the female adventurers. Have a rich noble call out for adventurers for a rigorous selection process to form a qualified party to then explore a newly discovered dungeon deep in some mines he owns. He claims he only wants the very best, and would like his property secured by having the hand-picked adventurers bring an enchanted seeing crystal with them to catalogue everything. Of course it's all a front for the noble and his friends to spy and bet on the women as they run an erotic gauntlet of his own making. Even the selection was a ruse, mostly a flirtatious interview process to screen and introduce candidates based on their looks, unique charm, or even personal grudges.

This sounds like an awesome idea
and yes, freeform sounds good too to me, I mean I can follow rules or go freeform, whichever is good.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Daril

Quote from: Sabre on January 07, 2017, 03:36:42 PM

The main reason to have the "entertainment" aspect of the premise at all is because it justifies the inclusion of flashy characters who are to a large degree entertainers (like my half-elf mage character).  So I think if we're going to keep the "broadcast" part of things the girls should know going in that they're doing this for an audience's entertainment (though perhaps they don't realize they're being set up to lose).  If the girls aren't getting a chance at fame then I think the broadcast aspect is pointless and can be cut.

Of course all this is a bit of a moot point without a GM...

VenatorBC26

I'd be willing to GM if the position is still open.

that said, would anyone be opposed to me adding a bit of Homebrew to account for the sexual side of things?

Haztur

Quote from: VenatorBC26 on January 31, 2017, 10:05:31 PM
I'd be willing to GM if the position is still open.

that said, would anyone be opposed to me adding a bit of Homebrew to account for the sexual side of things?

position is indeed available
and we can help with the homebrew and ideas for naugty portions :D
-Mark Twain

VenatorBC26

Well the current 'version' of the Sexual Homebrew stuff(we'd be using D&D5E or Completely Homebrew based on a simplified 5E system if that's Ok with you guys) is built around a 'Sex Appeal' Number that represents how sexy your characters are to the people and creatures around you. A Neutral Sex Appeal is 10, and you get modifyers starting out of the gate based on your Species and Gender(a non issue here as I'm assuming your all going to be female)...but don't consider yourself safe because you chose Half-Orc or Dragonborne, because species like that get base 'contextual' modifiers that trigger for specific enemies. Like all the more 'inhuman' species are gonna trigger the 'Exotic' modifier in certain creatures that 'like that kinda thing, and Half-Orcs are gonna trigger a modifier with Orcs and enemy Half-Orcs because your character is likely the result of an unfortunate encounter that makes the Orc/Half-Orc horny just thinking about. Then there are modifiers based on how attractive your character is individually, and what she is wearing. Heavy Armor gets a negative modifier with most creatures, again with the exception of certain contextual cases, and being naked(by choice or by force) conveys a massive positive modifier. There's then modifiers based on what your doing and what's happening, this doesn't really effect you much unless your doing something nasty or your having sex(willingly, or more likely, unwillingly). The average sex appeal modifier of the group is applied as a penalty to encounter rolls, but the individual sex appeal modifiers can be applied to charisma rolls(except for Intimidation), and you may eventually get the option to 'offer sex' with a high enough sex appeal; You can use that to get out of a fight, win negotiations, or get something at a store for a discount or for free. Keep in mind high level enough creatures make 'offer sex' options a roll test, and you may have to pool several character's sex appeal modifiers together if you want to win. Sex appeal modifiers work by subtracting 10 from your sex appeal and deviding the rest by 2. The Sex Appeal modifier also effects how likely it is for someone to get raped at any moment, like a character who broke the 16 mark may as well just bend over and 'offer it up' if something with a penis comes by, you may even get gold for your humiliation.  XD That said, if you somehow dip below 4, you run the risk of a creature outright killing you because it doesn't want to stick it's dick in 'that'. There's also the obvios bonus applied to 'used' women.

The other big part of the homebrew element is actions and adding a pair of 'health bars' to your character. All creatures that you encounter will get three new kinds of attacks: Armor attacks; attacks that target armor HP exclusively for higher damage to it, Stamina Attacks; which target your stamina stat to wear you out, and Sexual Assault attacks; which basicly mean rape. This is only possibly after your armor reaches below the 3 mark in HP. Sexual Assault attacks hit your armor first, and then slowly sap away your stamina. You can make dexterity checks to get out of the rape if needed, but you have to roll with a penalty equal to the amount of stamina your missing. Stamina 'bars' are decided by the Gender, species, and class of character; It will go down as a 'day' wears on. The only way to get it back is eather an energy potion that will give you a bonus to stamina for the moment, but you'll lose the bonus and take stamina damage later...or a short/Long Rest. Resting in an unsecured area runs the risk of an encounter roll being rolled while your character's are asleep...and me deciding what the creatures that came upon you want from you. Armor HP is self-explanatory, it's the health of your armor, acid damage will permanently lower this number and may even give a bonus to armor attacks against you if bad enough. damaged and ruined armor(Half way and 3/4 of Armor HP gone respectively) confer boni to Sex Appeal, and may open your character up to Sexual Assault attacks. Non-Armor clothes confer armor HP of 1, but your not supposed to be close enough or slow enough to feel an Orc's cock invade your neither regions anyway.

This system is very much adaptable, and slanted against the player a bit because I mostly used this system with people who want to play out their character being abused...

Any requests of the setting and system? 

Haztur

personally, i think the whole system sounds perfect, and certainly the prefered part is to have the girls taken advantage instead of killed in general.
:D

of course the idea would be to check the numbers and see it doesn't becomes too complex to run, but otherwise sounds pretty solid.
-Mark Twain

Daril

That sounds kind of complicated.  My own thoughts have been moving towards freeform to keep things simple and flexible.  I had also been thinking perhaps we could have several small groups going on independent adventures in a common setting, not all necessarily managed by the same GM.  Groups of players with compatible ons/offs could create a part of characters, link up with a GM, and run an adventure.

Of course that's being very optimistic about the number of players, and I'd probably need to come up with some sort of ruleset and setting overview to tie everything together...

I also feel a bit bad about standing in the way if other people want to do something else.

ZameRagues

I'd be interested in Gm-ing the idea of an all female adventuring party "reality" show. I could host either by post or through Roll20, preferably for 1 - 3 players. I'd use just the standard 5e rules, with one homebrew rule of my own that the players don't have to worry about in terms of numbers or complications.

Naturally girls would be taken advantage of when defeated and would either have to escape or give into their new life style.
Standard array for stats 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
Starting Level 3
Humans and Elves only for race

You could be on the island for any reason, but you would know or at least think there is a king's treasure somewhere on the islands for you to find. There will be several crystal eyes dotted around the less dangerous areas for the general populace to watch the show through. Meanwhile those who can scry will be able to watch the action at any time from any angle. "Contestants" would start at one of two points on the island and could stay at the sites where a small base camp has been set up. These camps can be used to trade and rest, and will be where players gain there xp and level up should they earn enough. The island's difficulty would be rather easy near the camps but increase as they head towards the opposing ends or underground. Naturally the higher the difficulty the greater the spoils and danger.

The island is known as The Dragon's Land, it is a gorgeous lush forested set of islands filled with natural beauties such as hot springs and other natural wonders. Without the "hostile" creatures it is a paradise by all definitions.

"Contestants" can participate for any reason, simple pheasants seeking fame and fortune to nobles hoping to earn more renown for their family name. All contestants due have to go through a screening before they are allowed to board the ship heading for this glorious chance at treasure.

My own thread
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Daril

@ZameRagues

That doesn't quite fit with where my own thoughts are going at the moment, but it does sound interesting.  Why don't you split your idea off into its own "Dragon's Land" thread?

As for my own idea, I'm now thinking along the lines of a shared setting with multiple parties and GMs.  I'm not sure whether or not to keep the "reality show" aspect or not.  Irregardless I probably need to give matters some thought so I'm thinking of putting things on hold for a while.  Once ZamaRagues has made his own thread I will likely lock this one.

VenatorBC26

I'd still be willing to GM, I just thought the thread died...

Haztur

I would love either or both campaigns, both sounds interesting and I will be willing to play in roll20.

And yes, this thread has been slow, but we can push it alive!
-Mark Twain

Daril

Sorry Venator, but I'm putting this idea on hold for now (my ideas on what I want to do with it have shifted and aren't currently ready for prime time).  You could try splitting your ideas into their own RPG like ZameRagues has done though.