The rise of the Rose- (Fairy Tail based rp, open)

Started by Bloody Rose, April 17, 2011, 09:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

The city of Lamia is the greatest city of all of the planet Earth. This small city contains one of the most famous mages guild in the land, the guild is known as ‘Ember Rose’. The guild is said to be one of the most long lasting guilds in existent that was until a great war happened that nearly obliterated all of the guilds member and the guild was broken apart. Those who survived wondered on other guilds but they would never feel the same again. However there is a young woman by the name of Elizabeth who is trying her best to bring the guild back together, she is with her own hands constructing the guild. Since she is the daughter of the dead guild master it fell upon her the responsibility of the guild, however she was too young at the time to do anything about it and the guild just fell apart. Now being older and wiser she is trying her best to bring back what was left of the old guild, and let it grow wings once again with her as the new leader of ‘Ember Rose’.

OOC:

This is a ‘Fairy Tail’ rp, I am leaving the main plot of the rp as a surprise. I am looking for people to help me run this game. Those of you who don’t know anything about ‘Fairy Tail’ I will put here the basics so you can do character sheet and get into the game. First of all Fairy tail consist of a country that is ruled by Magic. Everybody has magic inside of them but those who use it as a job are called ‘Wizards’. Guilds are formed to house Wizards and give them jobs, if you join a Guild you cannot join another one. However there are allies and enemies of your guilds. Since this rp will be concentrated in one guild you all must belong to it. I will rule all of your powers and decide if they are good enough for the rp or if they need to be toned down a bit. Here is some basic info you all will need….

Ranks: (Wizards are divided by ranks, the Higher the rank the higher and more dangerous missions you can go, think of it as the jobs in Naruto series)

Rank D: The lowest of the low, this rank is the rank for all those who are still in training.

Rank C: A little bit farther up first missions will be given on this ranks, however they are not dangerous at all.

Rank B: Middle rank- This rank is where most of the jobs are, this is the standard rank for all missions except S mission.

Rank A: Upper rank: Dangerous missions in this rank, these people are consider powerful and dangerous wizards.

Rank S: The highest of the high, only those who are in this rank might get S rank missions wich are by far the most dangerous missions in existence made to be solved by armies. Only the best of the best are able to get to this rank.

Type of magics:

Holder Magic: Holder magic typically involves a object or objects. These type of magic does not work if the caster does not have the necessary component in order to activate it.

Caster Magic:
Magic of what you know today, the type of magic that comes from the body inner energies and does not need a item in order to work.

Lost Magic:
Is the rarest type of magic, this Wizards tend to be very powerful if they know how to develop their powers well (WILL STUDY THIS MAGIC CAREFULLY, WILL NOT ACCEPT IF I THINK IT’S TOO POWERFUL)

Forbidden Magic:
(to put it simply, forget about choosing this one for now)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=104317.0#new  - IC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=104323.0 – IC Outside Guild Hall/ Town
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=104320.0 -OOC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=104321.0#new  -Characters

Bloody Rose

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Rank: (From A to S, and if you were one of the people in the guild before destruction)[/b]
[b]Type of Magic: (Holder, Caster or Lost)[/b]
[b]Magic: (Be reasonable with your age and background)[/b]

Bloody Rose

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Magic  -this site is a source of information about the series and magic and everything you need to know.

Yorubi

Ah you beat me to it! Was going to link that page. ^^;; I noticed though that they seem to have change the actual page. The old page I thought was better, it had a lot more varied types rather then more general skills. Oh well its still nice, just lacks some of the more varied types.

Bloody Rose

LOL hehehe I am only at episode 27 so yea I know what you mean. Anyways I will be working in the guild leaders in a little bit. Why don't you people start with the profiles.

Yorubi

Might wait a little bit to see what we have. Still not sure exactly what I'm going to play or how original I will be. ^^

Bloody Rose

Appearance: http://www.flash-screen.com/free-wallpaper/uploads/201012/thus/1293072117_470x353_hot-anime-magic-girl.jpg
Name: Alexandria Lonestar
Personality: She is a very uptight woman, she loves to have fun and loves to hang out with her friends. Drinking is her passion and won't take anything seriously unless provoked by hurting her or her friends and family.
History: She was born in the guild Amber Rose with her father the great wizard Lonestar. Ever since little she always was with the guild and grew to have a lot of friends inside the guild. Her father was always with her and she helped him run the guild as best as she could. Once she reached the age that she could start training her father sent her to train with his best friends out in the mountains. While she was there the invasion of the guild started and her father with most of the guild died. Now she comes back fully trained with one goal in mind, make the guild what it used to be and honor her fathers name and bring justice and hope to those in need.

For a few months she battled on her own building the small guild hall as best as she could however with the little manpower she had she could not continue and had to rent a old abandoned were house and turn it into the guildhall for now. Now with the new guild hall opening she delivered news to all of the continent that the new 'Amber Rose' was formed hoping to get some of her old friends back and form new ones.
Rank: (From A to S, and if you were one of the people in the guild before destruction) S (Guild Leader)
Type of Magic: (Holder, Caster or Lost) Lost
Magic: (Be reasonable with your age and background) She never uses her powers in public so nobody has ever seen her magic. She tends to reserve the usage of her power unless it's really necessary reason why nobody has seen it

Zaer Darkwail

Appearance:

Name: Vega Ghelder
Personality: Goth (dark, philosophical, fascinated about macabre stuff like death, graveyards, also liking fine art and music, prefers wear black), Cannot swim and is scared for death for water or crossing it (even with transport/carried)
History: Vega Ghelder is son of Magus Clark Ghelder, or known as 'Night Mage' as tales and legends go. He was one founding members of Amber Rose and before that he came from peculiar noble family which had centuries had bloodlined mages with peculiar powers. Old myths tell that Ghelder family was founded by vampire and that all family members have taint of vampire in them and they actually channel vampire powers than traditional magic. None these claims have not been confirmed but consider the macabre atmosphere of the family and their mansion and that all are natural born (altough healthy) albinos only feeds on the rumors. So far what magic council considers that Ghelder family is definitely not monsters who disguise as humans but they do not discuss further on the matter and leave rest of rumors untouched.

Magus Clark Ghelder died during the invasion period, details of his death are sparse at best and Vega believes he likely survived with using orthodox method by using their family magic. But either case there has been no sign of his father and Vega himself has started wander and travel to find clues or full tale of the event. As the battlefield where Clark fought there were not none from the guild (he fought alone) and what he heard there was no survivors from the invaders. But all that is based on scared peasant who went mental institute from being scared about 'shadows made from blood'.
Rank: (From A to S, and if you were one of the people in the guild before destruction) A during day, C during night. Blood feasting increase rank by one category (if feasted a lot, means if someone is willing they fall unconcious for a scene and they must have their most spell power/energy left in them or at least healthy, also that Vega has not extended his magic powers very low).
Type of Magic: (Holder, Caster or Lost) Caster
Magic: (Be reasonable with your age and background) Vega comes from Ghelder family who has over six hundred years given birth to unique mages known as 'Night Mages'. Their magic is strongest at during midnight or darkness while weakest (and not functioning outright) during daylight. The magic they use is plainly bunch of odd bag of tricks. They channel their magic through their bodies to create magical effects and also manipulate their bodies and their attire. But a secret is held close to chest in family; the only way to empower their own magic besides right time of the day they can drink blood from someone. It's first tricks learned as 'Night Mage' to conjure pair of vampire fangs and suck blood. This method both empowers and refresh their magic supply, may even allow cast spell during daylight hours.

In general Vega knows how to avoid enemy spell attack by turning into swarm of bats (can also attack enemy in this form and this evasion works only non-area effects). He can turn into mist and blend into shadows perfectly and can also see in darkness perfectly. He can conjure blood red energy blasts and shields of medium power (not massive blasts, more single point accurate attacks) but these shields and blasts drain his magic greatly and actually hurts him physically to do so (despite they are his most potent defense and offense). Also he can sprout pair of bat wings to fly faster and use bat wings as makeshift shields to block physical attacks which do not penetrate a magical steel shields. Same wings he can morph into physical attacks. Also he has gaze spell which he can only use when he is not hostile with the target, it's a 'gaze of compulsion' which allows him to lock target stare on his eyes and follow simple commands. Works only weak willed targets (or those who have strong attraction to him). He has keen smell for blood and can tell lots of qualities of the person by smelling and tasting their blood (with varied success).

Physically Vega is quick and finesse fighter, he is not tough nor strong. He mostly avoids and blocks attacks, attacks from ambush if possible and he aims penetrate defenses to give hurt than raw power.

Bloody Rose

mmm I like it, although you forgot to put your rank. I will accept only three rank S besides mine btw.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, my char has variable rank. Rank A during day and C during night time. Also blood feasting can increase rank by one category if used to empower himself (but that's a short timed buff and it is risky for someone regularly jump to his fangs to be fed from). The blood feasting is meant to be his trumph card in tough battles. It does not give extra powers (not yet at least) but it makes all his present skills just a much more potent and stronger (bat wing shields can deflect both magic AND physical attacks and he can more casually use blood red energy to attack and block).

Bloody Rose

ok as long as you don't go super powerful with it I am fine with it

Zaer Darkwail

Well, not plan go nuts like Natsu does with his regular fire feeding with blood feasting :P. Also unlike fire feeding the blood feasting has kind of drawback to anyone who volunteers to donate. But let's say if my guy gets deep sip from someone who is demigod in magic power level.....well.....his powers get heck lot boosted up in kind. Anyways do not plan blood feasting be regular thing in every battle. It may not even win the fight.

Bloody Rose

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I think your char knew well Clark Ghelder. I imagine him as warm father figure with badass scary reputation (a guy who could make members of magic council shit their pants if they meet him angry during dark hours). But Clark was real softie guy and likely had given you gift somepoint, perhaps as farewell gift when she went study in to the mountains. She may had seen Vega once along with his father (probably in farewell ceremony). But considering the family tradition the gift must be macabre someway but I let you decide what gift (if any) you got from Clark.

Bloody Rose

pimpdan

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Michelangelo Broadside

Personality: Loud and overbearing, if he isn't drinking he will be fighting and if he isn't fighting then he is swearing. For all his bluster he is a secret softy and is constantly pushing himself to be better and be more of a man. He isn't the brightest bulb in the box and tend to rely on raw talent than figure out how best to beat an enemy or achieve a mission.

History: He was just a young apprentice when the guild broke up, it affected him deeply. The invasion of the guild left him lamenting his own ability to do nothing and has driven him to become as great as the former members of the guild. He drifted around the country, developing the little magical knowledge he had acquired before the guild was broken up. Unfortunately due to his less than intellectual nature instead of mastering the powerful titan ability he instead developed a new type of magic, which he called compression magic. He never joined another guild, though he could have done, and instead simply trained his body and magic and occasionally worked or helped out people he came across during his journey.

Rank: A (was just an apprentice before the guild broke up)
Type of Magic: Caster
Magic: Compression
- Allows Michelangelo to compress his own body, concentrating his strength so that his power is greatly magnified
- He can compress objects for storage, making them easy to throw and manipulate. He can revert them to their original size if they are within fifty metres
- Has the potential to use titan magic, sadly hasn't figured out how and hasn't thought to try.

Bloody Rose

Approved although a note, a wizard cannot do jobs unless they are in a guild, at least not a good paying job. Two more profiles and we start start it up.

pimpdan

ah by work i mean like very simple tasks and labour, any real 'wizarding' he did in his travels was for free to help people he met

Bloody Rose

Yorubi

Hmm I think i'm going to go with the lazy(ish?) route and go Dragonslayer. Bleh I blame the 4th opening being stuck in my head where Natsu +  Gajeel combo making me want to haha. I'll just need to think of an interesting element. Was leaning towards spacial dragon (basically able to eat through space itself, leaving distortions where it was consumed from) but at the same time, it seems a little redunant to be eating space around them, and while the area would technically be unusable once eaten until it is naturally stored,  it still doesn't change the fact its not that difficult to just move locations and keep going. ^^;; Well that, and the fact outside eating space, I'm not quite sure how attacks would work and still keep that kind of surreal feel towards it.

Hmm... any odd element thoughts on your guys parts or suggestions? :) Oh and as a side note, I probably will lean at B-A rank. Maybe a bit stronger then the usual, but still having great potential to grow through the RP. I like character development though I like for a dragon slayer to kick some butt too. :)

Bloody Rose

mmm eating space is a bit overpowered, it's something everybody needs and you are not thinking of the consequences if your character starts eating space ^^

Yorubi

Yeah thats why I was thinking against it lol. It just seems a little bit to easy to get. Well consequence wise, its pretty much causing disruptions in the world. I guess in the end she would be in a way like global warming to the world haha XD Though yeah, it wouldn't literally be eating space more so the fabric of the world, so anything in it might become distorted in some twisted way.  Trust me I have it figured out in some way so its not overpowered, but at the same time I just see to much potential even then being so strong.

I just see it, even if I can figure it out, being more of a ranged kind of fighter. Dragon Slayers deserve to be going crazy at the front lines more. XD

Edit: Hmm could try maybe lightning though that would be more difficult to come by. Grah I need something that is somewhat practical yet could be more potent and promote her being a little bit more in the action.

Bloody Rose

mmm up to you hon, but I don't think the entire eating space thing would be good unless you prove me wrong.

pimpdan

the lightning slayer wasn't actual a true dragon slayer in fairy tail if I remember