X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

King Serperior

Okay, I am officially back on the drawing board.  Going to recreate the Mutant, "Husk."

I have not seen a "Husk" so I am reserving her.  There were too many issues with Mimic  :<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Lockepick

Ah, damn! I love Husk's power! If I had thought of that earlier, I probably would have gone with it. Lucky you!

Let me know if you change your mind, I might use it for my third. No pressure though -- I don't even know if I'll go for a third yet.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

King Serperior

Quote from: lockepick on June 01, 2014, 01:30:31 PM
Ah, damn! I love Husk's power! If I had thought of that earlier, I probably would have gone with it. Lucky you!

Let me know if you change your mind, I might use it for my third. No pressure though -- I don't even know if I'll go for a third yet.
Well, here's an updated list of characters taken/reserved.  Had to make it so I could keep track of who was unavailable   :-\

Thanks for the well wishes.  My primary choice was Marrow  D:
Characters already taken:  Updated

Marrow
Beast
Jubilee
Quicksilver
Cloak
Forge / The Maker
Pyro
Juggernaut
Wolverine
She-Hulk
Deadpool
Iron Fist
Cyclops
Iceman(woman)
Cronus
Rogue
Mirage
Dazzler
Wiccan
Phoenix
Sabertooth
Q / Omega
Lucifera
Domino
Nirvana
Spiderman
Nightcrawler
Black Bishop
Construct
Hulkling
Amp
Spiderwoman
Twins
Influx
Rampart
Pulse
Colossus
Longshot
Firestar
Shadowcat
White King
Shade
Wildcard
Chamber
Blink
Enigma
Ghost
Daredevil
Multiple man
Rictor
Polaris
Wolfsbane
Jade Spider
UpLink
Black Queen
Komodo
Sunfire
Toad
Gambit
Storm
Husk (King Serperior)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 01, 2014, 11:04:20 AM
Rem-my... Hnnnng. *loves all over*

I never get reactions like that...<.<

Quote from: King Serperior on June 01, 2014, 01:24:52 PM
Okay, I am officially back on the drawing board.  Going to recreate the Mutant, "Husk."

I have not seen a "Husk" so I am reserving her.  There were too many issues with Mimic  :<

She'd be a fun choice. 
Coming soon...

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on June 01, 2014, 02:22:50 PM
I never get reactions like that...<.<

In my defense, the guy you're using for Shaw is kind of... not at all my type, so getting all drooly isn't much of an option for me. I know lots of women out there are all about that but I'm like "...nah. >.>"
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Worshipping Master

A finished, spiffy-looking Toad:

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Mortimer Toynbee
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: 'Toad' - Prefers to be called Tim
Citizenship and other legal info: British
Place of Birth: York, England
Education: through his Freshman year of high school

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'9
Weight: 169lbs
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Black
Ethnicity: Caucasian
General Appearance: Toad's appearance leaves him memorable. With his chartreuse skin tone, somewhat stooped and bow-legged posture, disheveled hair, repeated lip-licking and propensity to stare really, really intently at the person he's talking to, Toad definitely leaves an impression.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: unknown
Ons: Genuine kindness, Confidence, Assertiveness
Offs: Shallow and/or manipulative people, cruelty and bigotry
Goals: To make Xavier proud. Finding his niche amongst the X-Men and earning his colleague's respect.
Wealth Level: 1
Personality: Toad could be regarded as a perfect case study for the power of negative or positive reinforcement. When encouraged, complimented or reassured, he can very quickly find himself on cloud 9; a spring in his step, a song in his heart - feeling like he could accomplish anything. This attitude fills him up so completely that it overflows, reaching out and potentially lifting the spirits of those around him. Unfortunately, on the other hand, a single unkind word - real or imagined - can place him in the depths of self loathing and self doubt. Leaving him lethargic, unmotivated and with a generally toxic, misanthropic attitude towards others. The more he cares about someone, the more power their opinion has over him. A childhood of cruel taunting and teasing has left him fairly distrusting and cynical of new people, though Xavier's interaction with him seems to counteract it. He has a sarcastic sense of humor, given to low-brow sophomoric (or even dirty) jokes. When not in class, Toad can be found tooling around on his latest invention or possibly going for a swim.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: general high school, advanced math and science placement
Year: Highschool Sophomore
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: Survivors of Humanity

STATS:
Fighting: 3 - Agility: 6 - Strength: 5 (6 in legs) - Endurance: 6 - Reason: 6 - Intuition: 4 - Psyche: 3

POWERS:

• Superhuman Leaping:
    QuoteThe Toad's primary mutant power is the ability to leap to heights and distances far greater than that of an ordinary human. He possesses a degree of superhuman strength, particularly in his back and legs, which grants him his superior leaping abilities (able to reach 25 feet in a vertical leap and 37 feet in a broad jump), as well as deliver kicks with superhuman force. Although the Toad usually stands in a crouching position, he can stand erect if he wishes. His unusually flexible spine enables him to crouch continually without strain.
  • Superhuman Strength:
    QuoteThe Toad is superhumanly strong, primarily in his lower body, and is capable of leg pressing 3 tons. He possesses superhuman strength in his upper body as well, although to a much lower degree, and can lift about 1 ton. Toad's elongated tongue is also able to lift heavy weights, though the exact limit is unknown.
  • Superhuman Stamina:
    QuoteThe Toad's muscles produce a significantly lower amount of fatigue toxins during physical activity than the muscles of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair him.
  • Superhuman Agility:
    QuoteThe Toad's overall equilibrium application is enhanced to some degree and his bodily coordination and balance are enhanced to levels that are beyond the human body's natural limits. Toad's reflexes are enhanced to levels that are beyond the human body's natural limits.
  • Superhuman Durability:
    QuoteThe Toad's body is tougher and more resistant to physical injury than an ordinary human's. He can withstand major impacts and physical trauma that would severely injure or kill an ordinary human with moderate discomfort.
  • Regenerative Healing Factor:
    QuoteThe Toad has a limited healing factor that allows him to recover from injuries and ailments at an accelerated rate. He can recover from minor ailments, such as a cold, within a few hours. Larger, more damaging injuries, such as broken bones, heal within a matter of days. He has also been shown as being able to regenerate severed body parts. (hasn't happened yet)
  • UV/Infrared Vision:
    QuoteThe Toad's enhanced vision allows him to see into the ultraviolet and infrared spectrum, granting him a degree of heightened night vision. However, his eyes are also sensitive to certain types of lighting, forcing him to wear light-filtering goggles that allow him to operate in strong daylight that would otherwise blind him.
  • Paralytic Resin:
    QuoteThe Toad's pores secrete an adhesive resin that allows him to stick to any surface and paralyzes the nervous systems of any living organism that comes into contact with it
    . Toad has not developed the paralytic agent yet but can stick to walls.
Powers he does not have yet
  • Pheromone Secretion:
    QuoteThe Toad's can secrete an odorless pheromonal venom from glands in his tongue and fingertips that seeps through the skin directly into the bloodstream. This venom allows him to control minds of any exposed to it to a limited extent. It is presumed that the victim's skin must be porous in order to take effect.
    Toad does not have this ability yet.
  • Acidic Saliva:
    QuoteThe Toad's saliva is highly acidic and can adheres to most surfaces and quickly dissolve most materials with ease.
  • Superhuman Respiratory System:
    QuoteThe Toad's lungs can expand and compress large quantities of air that can be expelled with enough force to knock a fully grown human off their feet
    . Toad cannot use this ability yet.
  • Amphibian Control:
    QuoteThe Toad the ability to psionically communicate with and control amphibian life, such as frogs, toads, newts, and salamanders, who he often uses as spies.
(Powers are in quotations because I took them from here.)

ADVANTAGES:
Flexible Bone Structure: -  The Toad's bone structure enables him great flexibility. He can remain in a crouching position for long periods of time and perform contortionist type feats without causing any damage to his spine.
Prehensile Tongue: -  The Toad has the ability to extend his tongue up to 30 feet in length and use it as a whip to ensnare objects and people. His tongue is superhumanly strong.

DISADVANTAGES:
Photosensitive - he has an aversion to light and often wears light filtering goggles that allow him to operate in strong daylight that would otherwise blind him.
Near-sighted - Anything beyond the 5 foot mark starts getting blurry. The substance his body secretes makes it difficult to wear contacts to he generally has to wear glasses or his favored goggles.
Low Self Esteem - His early life set him up for doubt and a real detriment to his assessment of self worth.
Bipolar - Toad  has a neurological chemical imbalance, which explains his drastic changes in personality.

SKILLS:
Tinkerer: - Toad has a knack for figuring out how mechanical things work, usually through trial and error. He understands basic circuitry and gear mechanics and has been known to put a new twist on existing technology, creating a new use for it.
Parkour: - Toad's leaping ability makes him a natural for picking up this unique, non-competitive defensive art.
Sense of Rhythm - While he's had no formal training, Toad has spent some time picking up on dance moves in his own time. He particularly enjoys performances of the old "Show Tune" variety.

HISTORY:
QuoteMortimer Toynbee was abandoned by his parents so early in his childhood that he couldn't remember them. He was placed in an orphanage where the other children, who regarded him as a freak due to his ugliness, his unusual physique, and his leaping ability, continually tormented him. Toynbee was so traumatized by his loneliness and the continual abuse he received that it affected his learning abilities. The teachers and administrators in the orphanage therefore regarded Toynbee as mentally retarded, even though, in actuality, he had a rather gifted intelligence. So desperate did Toynbee become for affection that he developed a pathetically subservient personality, and would unquestioningly obey anyone he thought sincerely cared about him.

Tim didn't come into his abilities suddenly on the onset of puberty, rather they slowly appeared throughout his adolescence. Shortly after he turned sixteen, Charles Xavier visited the orphanage after sensing through Cerebro the ebbing manifestation of Toynbee's powers and fearing that his personality would lead him down the wrong path. He petitioned the orphanage to allow Tim the opportunity to learn at his school for the gifted, brushing aside their arguments of him being "slow."

Upon arriving at the Xavier Institute, Tim spent the first week and a half working in a one on one setting with Professor X. Then another several weeks being gradually introduced to the school's core teaching staff (with the exception of Deadpool). Slowly, Xavier began to broaden Tim's horizons and lay a foundation that he hoped would bolster the boy's self esteem. Soon, he was ready to begin attending classes alongside other students, reassured by the Professor that he would be able to forge friendships and find a place for himself among his peers.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 01, 2014, 02:26:59 PM
In my defense, the guy you're using for Shaw is kind of... not at all my type, so getting all drooly isn't much of an option for me. I know lots of women out there are all about that but I'm like "...nah. >.>"

I'm just picking.  S'what I do.  I still have a potential third to fall back on to get a reaction :D
Coming soon...

SpiralSpider

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on June 01, 2014, 02:44:13 PM
I'm just picking.  S'what I do.  I still have a potential third to fall back on to get a reaction :D
Pssst... Go with Tom Hiddleston... he's hotter.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Bloodied Porcelain

third??

Oh yeah! I forgot you made Chamber. He's pretty cute ^.^

Rave

Quote from: SpiralSpider on June 01, 2014, 02:45:42 PM

NOPE. Nope nope nope.

Tom Hiddleston is like Hugh Jackman. If he's not being used for Loki, I'll be just be like hnnnnrgdoesnotfit.

Bloodied Porcelain

Hey, I'm all for someone using Hiddleston. He's an acquired taste, but I finally caught on to why people like him after the second Thor movie.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: SpiralSpider on June 01, 2014, 02:45:42 PM

I wouldn't go that far.  but...He's Loki.  that's it.  There's no other use for him in Marvel-verse.

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 01, 2014, 02:47:33 PM
third??

Oh yeah! I forgot you made Chamber. He's pretty cute ^.^

lolya.  I haven't posted him much but he's there. 

Quote from: Rave on June 01, 2014, 02:48:35 PM
NOPE. Nope nope nope.

Tom Hiddleston is like Hugh Jackman. If he's not being used for Loki, I'll be just be like hnnnnrgdoesnotfit.

Seconded. 

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 01, 2014, 02:50:48 PM
Hey, I'm all for someone using Hiddleston. He's an acquired taste, but I finally caught on to why people like him after the second Thor movie.

I just think he's an amazing actor that pulled off that character perfectly. 
Coming soon...

SpiralSpider

Quote from: Rave on June 01, 2014, 02:48:35 PM
NOPE. Nope nope nope.

He's a cute guy and it doesn't look like there's much room for Loki in this game.

Besides... Loki would get all the pussy.

Bloodied Porcelain

SpiralSpider

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: SpiralSpider on June 01, 2014, 03:21:23 PM
Poor straight guys would be in so much want...

There would finally be a character in higher demand than Danny. xD

Rave

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 01, 2014, 03:25:23 PM
There would finally be a character in higher demand than Danny. xD

Not gonna happen probably >_>

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rave on June 01, 2014, 03:25:43 PM
Not gonna happen probably >_>

If someone makes a Hiddleston face, I think you might be surprised. :p

King Serperior

Okay, everyone, meet Paige/Husk:

More Husk

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name:  Paige Elizabeth Guthrie
Codename/Nickname/Aliases:  Husk
Citizenship and other legal info:  American Citizen
Place of Birth:  Biloxi, Mississippi
Education:  Some Highschool

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height:  5"5'
Weight:  127lbs; Varies at times
Hair color:  Red
Eye color:  Blue
Ethnicity:  White
General Appearance:  Paige's appearance varies depending on her powers.  In her normal form, she is your typical, red-headed girl, without the freckles, thank the lord!  She typically has a smile on her face and is quite the approachable woman.  She dressed in cheap, but nice clothes, the kind of clothes that one wouldn't care if they were shredded.  In private, she tends to wear the bare minimal clothes, if only because her power tends to destroy whatever she wears.  Besides that, Paige keeps her appearance looking neat and beautiful.  She wears no makeup, since her powers make that a waste.  They say that beauty is only skin deep and Paige also agrees.  What is the point of superficial beauty when it can and will all disappear at any moment?  It's not uncommon for people to see Paige nude in private due to her abilities

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation:  Bisexual
Ons/Offs:  Link
Goals:  To help those who can't help themselves
Wealth Level: 2
Personality:  Paige is your typical country girl, sweet as can be and kind to anyone who she thinks needs a kind word.  However, like her powers, that is only skin deep and can instantly change into quite the vengeful woman when she's defending someone she cares for.  One could say that she has personality issues and major mood swings, which could be true, but she does what she can to survive, adapting to the situation in order to protect herself and those she loves.  Paige is someone that anyone can get along with, but she rarely gives second chances after someone has betrayed her or a friend. 

SCHOOL INFO: 
Classes Taken or Taught:  Standard High-School classes
Year: Senior (12th grade)
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:  N/A

STATS: Stats depend on what form she has 'husked' into.
Fighting: 03-04 - Agility: 03-07 - Strength: 03-08 - Endurance: 03-09 - Reason: 04 - Intuition: 04 - Psyche: 04

POWERS:
Transitional Omni-morph Husking - Paige has the mutant ability to shed her outer layer of skin and reveal a new layer or shape underneath. While she can sometimes acquire new forms, she has been able to shift into anything that does not exceed her body mass. Any extra mass left when she shifts into a smaller form such as a cat, dog, or a bird is shunted into an unknown extra-dimensional space, and will return to her when she resumes her human form.  Paige most commonly takes on a Paige-like form in a new material, and much prefers to do that. She can become any solid that she has studied and can Husk into adamantium, diamond, granite, wood, rubber, brick, even glass. She has the capability to blend in with surroundings, but in order to do so, she would have to study the texture she seeks to mimic first. She was able to shift into liquid substances, including complex acids capable of affecting organic steel. Paige also has the ability to change only part of her body (such as changing a hand into a bladed weapon). When Paige morphs into a different layer, she often takes on new physical abilities or qualities, such as increased weight, strength, or invulnerability. She can husk away minor, skin-deep injuries, but deeper ones will stay with her.   She can hold a form for about an hour before she needs to revert back to her original form. She can morph repeatedly and is not required to stay in any one form, but too many transformations in a short period of time can become very painful (No more than 5 in an hour). In great stress or trauma, Paige can shed without control, revealing patchwork forms.  When Paige ‘husks’, she always sheds her clothing as well.  This has the unintended side effect of leaving her nude when she returns to her normal form.

ADVANTAGES:
Adaptability - Can 'husk' into nearly anything in nearly any situation.

DISADVANTAGES:
Only 5 'husks' in an hour without becoming extremely pained - Explained above ^
Low Alcohol tolerance - Becomes extremely drunk after a single bottle of beer

SKILLS:
Computers - Paige is fairly gifted with computers, able to make great powerpoints, videos, and spreadsheets;  Is also a good gamer.

HISTORY:

Paige was born on a small farm in Biloxi, Mississippi, Paige had a good life with a caring mother, father, and grandparents.  No, they weren't poor, but they weren't rich either.  Paige had an older brother, but her parents were not ready to keep a child, so they gave him up for adoption.  Paige came years later when her parents were ready, but she never knew she had a brother until she was 15.  A year later, when her grandfather's barn caught fire, trapping him under a wooden beam, Paige ran in there and tried to save him.  It was during these panicked moments that Paige 'husked' for the first time, shedding her skin and clothes as she prayed to have the strength of the tractor outside.  Having driven the tractor, she knew everything about how the metal felt.  Her skin and clothes shed, giving her increased strength and made her fireproof as her body became metal. 

For the next two years, the family kept Paige's powers to themselves, worried that the anti-mutant groups in the area would turn against them like they did to a family who's son could breath underwater, and oust them.  On Paige's 18th birthday, a week before she was to start her senior year of high school, a nice man in a wheelchair met with them and spoke of a place where Paige could live and learn to use her powers without judgment.  Paige's parents and grandparents agreed with little hesitation and told Paige that she should go to the school for the gifted.

Now, at the school, Paige has started taking some basic senior-level classes.  She has yet to make any friends, being the new girl, and has not yet revealed her abilities to anyone.  It's not out of embarrassment, because she is used to her powers leaving her nude at the end.  It's more of the fact that she doesn't yet know anyone.  But, each day, she gains more confidence and will soon try to make friends with someone.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

SpiralSpider

jilorbb

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 01, 2014, 03:26:04 PM
If someone makes a Hiddleston face, I think you might be surprised. :p

Oh, yes. A Hiddles entrance would force me to create a female character if he was straight.

Lady Lunarius

Ok that's it....my 3rd will be Hiddles. That's it. I just have to come up with a concept. *Snags Hiddles!* Mine!
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

RainbowRian

This excites me so much, I have PM-ed my sheet for approval, but I can post it here if it is permissible so backstory could be discussed, should he be approved.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh