News:

Main Menu

Fantasy Football!

Started by LunarSage, November 04, 2015, 08:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Who else does Fantasy Football?

I'm having a lot of fun with it this year.  I even got Josi and my mom into one of my leagues.  I thought it would be cool to give folks a chance to share their teams and how they're doing in their own leagues this year now that we're going into week 9.

Here's my team for League 1 set for week 9.

Record: 5-3 (4th Place in a 12 Manager League, coming off a loss in week 8)

QB: Matt Ryan (ATL)
WR: Odell Beckham Jr. (NYG)
WR: Allen Hurns (JAX)
RB: Mark Ingram (NO)
RB: Doug Martin (TB)
TE: Vernon Davis (DEN)
W/T: Stevie Johnson (SD)
K: Blair Walsh (MIN)
DEF: SanDiego

BN: WR - James Jones (GB)
BN: QB - Russell Wilson (SEA)
BN: RB - Chris Johnson (ARI)
BN: K - Steven Hauschka (SEA)
BN: DEF - Seattle

I just picked up Stevie Johnson to replace Steve Smith Sr., who I had to drop because of his season ending IR.  I picked up Walsh for one week to fill in for Hauschka, who's my main kicker on a bye this week.  Vernon Davis catching passes from Peyton Manning sounds intriguing enough to take a chance on picking him up as my primary tight end, a spot that's been a real weakness of this team all season.

Here's my team in the 8 manager league that Josi, my mom and a smattering of friends and acquaintances are in.

Record: 8-0 (1st Place in an 8 Manager League)

QB: Aaron Rodgers (GB)
WR: Antonio Brown (PIT)
WR: Julio Jones (ATL)
WR: Amari Cooper (OAK)
RB: Todd Gurley (SL)
RB: Devonta Freeman (ATL)
TE: Gary Barnidge (CLE)
W/R/T: Lamar Miller (MIA)
K: Blair Walsh (MIN)
DEF: Buffalo

BN: TE - Antonio Gates (SD)
BN: WR - Travis Benjamin (CLE)
BN: RB - DeAngelo Williams (PIT)
BN: K - Steven Hauschka (SEA)
BN: DEF - Seattle

I'm actually a little embarrassed about this team.  I know it's just 8 managers in the league, but how I managed to walk away with Aaron Rodgers as my QB, the two best wideouts in the draft (Brown and Jones) and the two best running backs this season (Gurley and Freeman), leaving me to wonder whether to play Lamar Miller or DeAngelo Williams... Travis Benjamin or Amari Cooper.  Just wow.  I don't even have TE as a weakness when I have both Barnidge and Gates, both of whom I managed to pick up off waivers.  I'm not one to pat myself on the back, I'm really not... but man, the team I have mostly lucked into building is just not fair.  It's not like the managers other than my mom and Josi are new to fantasy either.  I've just managed to stay on top of the up and comers and snagged good players off the waiver wire (though what Julio Jones was doing at number 7 in the 3rd round I have no idea).

I'd love to see everyone's teams!

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

LunarSage

I finally lost in the second league.  10-1.

I was projected for 135 points. I got 83.  Sadly my opponent got 84.  >.<

Freeman's injury that week -really- hurt me.

MasterMischief

LunarSage

MasterMischief

Nothing wrong with that.   ;D

LunarSage

I'm the rarer breed of nerd.

Sports/Gaming/Comic Book Nerd POWER!!!! 

*flexes rather unconvincingly*

MasterMischief

I was into football for a while but my teams have sucked so hard for so long I am losing hope.

LunarSage

Quote from: MasterMischief on November 28, 2015, 07:32:51 PM
I was into football for a while but my teams have sucked so hard for so long I am losing hope.

What teams are those?  I can tell you if there's any hope for them in the next few years since I pay a lot of attention t nfl news and stats for all the teams.

MasterMischief

Quote from: LunarSage on November 28, 2015, 07:36:54 PM
What teams are those?  I can tell you if there's any hope for them in the next few years since I pay a lot of attention t nfl news and stats for all the teams.

There is not.

University of Texas might come around in a couple years.  College can change drastically from year to year.

Lady Sakura

I think I shot myself in the foot this week. Will get my current team now. This is my very first time doing FF. So I'm so inexperienced since all I did was follow the Patriots.

Damn you James Jones for dropping every pass and getting me shit points...

I'm currently 5-6 in my league so not bad for a newb...sigh.

Lady Sakura

For Week 12

My current line up for ESPN (projected to get 134 fp)

D. Carr (QB Raiders)
D. McFadden (RB Cowboys)
T.Rawls (RB Seahawks)
L. Fitzgerald (WR Cardinals)
J. Maclin (WR Chiefs)
G. Olsen (TE Panthers)
D. Amendola (WR Patriots) (Subject to change due to injury)
R. Cobb (WR Packers)
Falcons (D/ST) (Subject to change depending on the match ups and availability) 

Bench

T. Ginn Jr (WR Panthers)
J.Jones (WR Packers)
L. Blount (RB Patriots)
T. Taylor (QB Bills)
J. Hill (RB Bengals)
J. Nelson (WR Cardinals)
Bills (D/St)

IR: Deion Lewis and Jamaal Charles...sigh

LunarSage

*waves to VMS*

Call me weird, but I'll be really happy even if Carolina goes 15-1, as long as they lose one.  I don't want anyone breaking the Dolphins' perfect season.

I picked up Ben Roethlisberger a couple weeks back but I'm starting Aaron Rodgers this week so I have a reason to watch tonight's game.  We'll see If that bites me in the rear in the end.

Lady Sakura

Rogers isn't doing what he is suppose to!

Cobbs is not getting any receptions! WTF! I need to win this game to get into the playoffs...wah.

And I want to dolphins to suck it! so if I need to route for the Panthers if the Patriots don't make it I will!! However, we were totally cheated out of that win sunday night. I mean really...if you see the cover of the SI magazine you could clearly see a choke hold on Easley that was NEVER called!

*Throws stuff*

LunarSage

I'm not a current Dolphins fan, but I have mad respect for the 70s and 80s eras of the team.  Marino was awesome back in the day.

Apologies though... I have no sympathy for a 10-1 team when mine is 6-5.   :P

Lady Sakura

What are the Packers doing!? It's like ever since they lost to Denver they've been playing like crap!

┻━┻︵💨ᕙ(🔥益🔥ᕙ )

LunarSage

Quote from: Vampire Mistress Sakura on December 03, 2015, 08:09:39 PM
What are the Packers doing!? It's like ever since they lost to Denver they've been playing like crap!

┻━┻︵💨ᕙ(🔥益🔥ᕙ )

I regret my decision to not start Ben already... >.<

Lady Sakura

Why wouldn't you start the rapistburger?

Isn't he still on Concussion protocol?

LunarSage

Quote from: LunarSage on December 03, 2015, 07:48:01 PMI picked up Ben Roethlisberger a couple weeks back but I'm starting Aaron Rodgers this week so I have a reason to watch tonight's game.  We'll see If that bites me in the rear in the end.

Nah he passed all that.

Lady Sakura

Seems like Lions are legit.

LunarSage

Quote from: Vampire Mistress Sakura on December 03, 2015, 08:25:26 PM
Seems like Lions are legit.

Yeah, they're doing a stellar job of obtaining a much worse 2016 first round draft pick than the number one overall I thought they'd earn earlier this season.

Lady Sakura

Jordy Nelson can not be the only reason that team isn't doing well...much like Romo is to the Cowboys...wow.

Lady Sakura

LS what is your line up for this week?

I know you had Rogers; who else?

Mintprincess

Posting to put this on my radar.  I have a team.  Was so pissed last week.  I was winning up until the moment Baltimore defense decided they needed more points :(

Lady Sakura

Minty you're my hero! Yay...yeah the Ravens are not good this year. Wish I picked up the panthers defense...I have the Bills

Mintprincess

I have the Jets right now.  I should have kept Carolina.  Defense I'd kinda a week to week things.

And wtf Lacy again right?