Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Even in my time this place is the stuff of legends," Merlin continued. "It's said that those who populate the fortress guard every timeline known. But they don't intervene unless they perceive a sufficiently severe threat or someone can persuade them they need their help."

Lady Temptress

" Who owns it?" she asks and then Hannah faints against Jake, the time traveling made her light headed again.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"No-one knows," Merlin replied. "No-one has ever reached this limbo world and made their way out of it again. It is said that the inside of the fortress is a massive labyrinth. I might know a way to get through there though."

Lady Temptress

Hannah doesn't hear anythong that Jake and Merlin have said, because she has fainted, out cold.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Before Jake or Merlin could react one of the lights from the fortress approached her, reaching out and touching her gently.

"Focus on me," a strange voice with no apparent source said, ringing out from all around them. "You must get used to the effects of existing outside time like we did long ago."

Lady Temptress

she wakes up and Hannah stares at the strange light, then she listens to another mysterious voice. " Yeah yeah, I'm tryong. Give me a fucking break." she is a bit aggitated and frustrated all at the same time. " Whose voice is that now?" she asks no one on particular.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"What are those things?" Jake asked as the light floated away to rejoin the others.

"I don't know," Merlin replied. "I suspect all the answers we want are in that castle somewhere though."

Lady Temptress

" Lets go find out. I'm starving and maybe we can get some food in there." Hannah is a bit on the cranky side right about now.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Careful," merlin said as they walked towards the fortress. "I don't know what awaits you if you fall off this bridge but I doubt its the land of milk and honey. You fall here and you're unlikely to ever be seen again by anyone."

Lady Temptress

" I wasn't planning on falling off and nor is Jake." she is not a happy girl right now and she goes silent with a shake of her head.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

They finally reached the entrance of the fortress whose door was already open, stepping inside to find themselves confronted by an immense chamber with at least fifteen doors leading off it.

"We could really do with a hint where we're supposed to be going," Jake said, looking around him with a confused look on his face. Another light had appeared next to Hannah but Jake and Merlin appeared oblivious to it.

Lady Temptress

Hannah stares at the light and she follows it, as she assumes that Jake and Merlin would follow right behind her. she seems to be mezmerized and hypnotized by the odd light.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Don't follow it," a voice boomed out before Jake or Merlin could respond. "The sprites in this castle do not meet mortals often, they forget that not all creatures can traverse this castle like they can." The light vanished suddenly, before another appeared, forming into a tall, athletic looking young man who bowed to them. "Ayan here will guide you to my room, follow him, he will keep you safe."

Lady Temptress

Hannah sighs and she ceases in following the light. She shrugs her shoulders at the newest arrival and she gazes at Jake and Merlin. " this is all so confusing. Someone best start explaining things to me." she says rather irritated and frustated, while her stomach growls loudly and she follows Ayan.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"What are you?" Jake asked Ayan. "I'm guessing your kind aren't human or Time Hunter."

"We are..." Ayan said, pausing for a moment. "I'm not sure I could explain what we are in a way you could comprehend. We do not exist within the time-space continuum in any way you understand. Even what you see here are simply extensions of our minds, ways for us to communicate with those who seek an audience with us. There are however mortals who exist within this reality, otherwise we would struggle to monitor every timeline at once. I could take you to our mortal allies first or take you straight to the master of this operation."

Lady Temptress

Hannah stands there and listens to it all as they ignored her request for food. she needs to eat soon before she passes out again, due to the effects of the time traveling.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Ayan waved a hand and food appeared in front of Hannah, fresh and exactly what she had wanted.

"How did..." Jake started asking, staring between the food and Ayan.

""It is not magic," Ayan replied, clearly guessing what they would think. "My kind can manipulate matter. In theory we can make whatever we wish appear at will."

Lady Temptress

Hannah blinkes at Ayan and the sudden appearance of food and she grins at Jake. " I 'm going to eat, join me if you want jake. Thank you, Ayan. Wha do we do now?" she says as she begin to eat the food.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You will need a table to eat on I'm guessin," Ayan said, as a door appeared next to them and opened, revealing an impressive looking dining room. "This is why so many get lost in this fortress, there are hidden doors all over this place. You could be here years and still not get close to mapping the whole place."

Lady Temptress

" Thank you." Hannah follows them to the table and she sits down with them. " Who owns this place anyways?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"It does not belong to one being," Ayan replied. "It belongs to many of my kind. I am simply here as it's...guardian is probably the closest word you have."

"But there are other humans here too?" Jake asked, to which Ayan nodded. "And I thought this place was simply a legend spread by crazy time travellers."

Lady Temptress

she nods her head at Ayan. " Ah. I see. Thats rather interesting and why am I so very hungry?" she questions them both.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"That I cannot explain," Ayan replied. "I do not understand how mortal being's bodies work. There's as much food as you need here though so don't worry about eating too much."

Lady Temptress

" thank you Ayan and Jake. . " She smiles warmly at Ayan and then she gazes lovingly at Jake. " Eat Jake. You need to eat."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Okay, okay," he said, laughing as he and Merlin started eating. "I was going to say we're not in a hurry but I'm not sure time as we know it exists in this dimension. Am I right?" he asked Ayan, who nodded.