The Royal Society of Hunters - [Interest Check, Monster Hunters, Van Helsing]

Started by MissFire, July 02, 2016, 09:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

The Ink. This oily black substance is the foundation of the world we live in. It contains everything that makes everything anything, if that makes sense. It is called 'The Ink' because it is akin to what flows from a writer's pen. It is the very substance which we are all made of. It is infinite possibility and infinite darkness. Everything in our world contains traces of it. Normally, it remains sealed far below us in the depths of our world. The Ink runs in it's veins. Sometimes it seeps above and when it does, magic happens. Curses are cast, monsters are created, insanity sprouts in the minds of men. Events good and bad transpire in small part because of it. Ink is responsible for the monsters that haunt our world.

In the early 1800's one Abraham Van Helsing became one of the first professional monster hunters. He traveled the world dispatching werewolves, witches, vampires, the undead, and all sorts of things that go bump in the night. His altruism changed the world and inspired others to follow in his footsteps. He was eventually Knighted by the Queen and put in charge of an officially sanctioned group of hunters. The Royal Society of Hunters. The RSH fought with such ferocity that more intelligent monsters eventually relented their assault on humanity and an uneasy peace was brokered. This became known as The Pact.

It is one hundred years later, the year 1904. Monster hunting is not done quite so openly anymore, but the RSH still exists to hunt down mindless or rogue monsters that terrorize humanity. To keep what they do fairly hush, members of the RHS identiy themselves as Van Helsing - a tribute to the greatest monster hunter ever known. By perpetuating his name, the general populace thinks that the Van Helsing family is solely responsible for fighting back against the darkness.

A contact in the city of Borgova (capitol of Borgovia) has put in an urgent request for aid. It seems that a mad scientist by the name of Lugosi is causing chaos in the city and creating abominations that put even vampires and werewolves to shame while the city's ruling council does nothing to stop him. It is up to four members of the RHS to cross through the treacherous Gorgon Pass on a dark and stormy night and set right what has gone terribly wrong...
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Ontan

Bookmarked for interest! This looks like a great concept, and I can’t wait to see how it develops.

TheDarkGoddess

Alhanna

The Oath of the Drake

She's real, she's deep, she's logical and mystical. She believes in kindness and oneness and romance. She's sensitive and distant, a warrior, a lover. She believes in road trips to the stars and dancing with the universe. She's fearless and gentle, wondrous and brave. She lives in waterfalls and forests and sunsets and galaxies. She's the artist, the thinker, the poem and the dream. - Creig Crippen

MissFire

The player characters are going to be members of the RHS. They can be new members, veterans, or anything in between. They should at least vaguely know each other, ie; they should be friends (or more), have worked together or at least heard of one another. Your hunter can fight monsters in the style of your choosing. For instance, they can be a Van Helsing-style  slayer, chasing down prey with firearms and a wooden stake. They could stick to the shadows and assassinate prey with silver knives and a variety of sneaky tools, akin to a monster-hunting Geralt from Thief. They could use steampunk inventions to create things like holy water grenades, bolt guns, and other gadgetry. They could even tap into the Ink to wield strange and unusual magics.

The hunters need not be human. The Pact means that humans and the more intelligent monsters hold an uneasy truce. If you opt to play a monster character, that's quite fine, but remember to stick to the lore of the monster! Vampires cannot be in broad daylight, fear religious symbols, are weak to silver and holy water, etc. Werewolves are berserkers when transformed, extremely weak to silver, mercury, and wolfsbane. Most monsters are also afraid of fire. Humans should treat monster (or half-monster) PC's warily.

Tech level should be early Edwardian-era and Steampunk. Basic telephones and motorcars exist. Steam power has made these things relatively cheaper and more affordable by the general populace so they are everywhere, but there are still plenty of horse drawn carriages about. Steampunk influence should be fairly low, though. There won't be any automatons or rayguns here. These things are still being discovered, too, as it is an 'age of invention', so the characters won't instantly recognize everything that comes their way.

If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to ask.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

TheDarkGoddess

Cool! I'll throw an idea for a character out there as a guinea pig.  :-)

What do you think of an undead/franken female, maybe who had previously dedicated her life to fighting monsters and was killed and brought back, by some evil deranged villian, to be a slave... when she woke up and discovered she herself was a monster she killed the evil guy and went a little evil herself from the pain of hating her monster self... She was brought into the RHS instead of being eliminated, out of respect for the work she did in her previous life. The RHS gave her "life" purpose again, though sometimes her desire for vengeance can get the best of her and make her impulsive and rash. She could make decent bait from afar, though up close of course she doesn't look like a normal woman.

frankenfemme pics

CurvyKitten

Quote from: TheDarkGoddess on July 03, 2016, 02:01:31 PM
Cool! I'll throw an idea for a character out there as a guinea pig.  :-)

What do you think of an undead/franken female, maybe who had previously dedicated her life to fighting monsters and was killed and brought back, by some evil deranged villian, to be a slave... when she woke up and discovered she herself was a monster she killed the evil guy and went a little evil herself from the pain of hating her monster self... She was brought into the RHS instead of being eliminated, out of respect for the work she did in her previous life. The RHS gave her "life" purpose again, though sometimes her desire for vengeance can get the best of her and make her impulsive and rash. She could make decent bait from afar, though up close of course she doesn't look like a normal woman.

frankenfemme pics

This concept sounds awesome and I'd love to read it hehe.

idea removed due to not fitting setting

MissFire

Interesting ideas. I was leaning toward using real images, though, instead of artwork.

And CurvyKitten, I'd also like to stay away from angels and demons.
    - Sima Yi

Florence

I might be interested!

I've got a few ideas I'm bouncing around that I could use for something like this.

I was thinking of perhaps playing a dhampir. Though I'm curious how they'd work in this world, or if they'd exist at all. Would they still possess any of the conventional weaknesses of vampires? In any case, I imagine the amount of vampire powers she possesses would be roughly proportional to how much their weaknesses impact her.

Another idea I had was for a witch and alchemist who has toyed around with the ink in so many ways that some might view her with the same mistrust as a monster. Despite her dark inclinations, however, she has decided to hunt monsters; perhaps so that she's not hunted as one instead.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: MissFire on July 03, 2016, 03:21:23 PM
Interesting ideas. I was leaning toward using real images, though, instead of artwork.

And CurvyKitten, I'd also like to stay away from angels and demons.

Ahh ok, well that scrubs my idea. Oh well, I'll let you know if another one comes up.

MissFire

Quote from: Florence on July 03, 2016, 03:36:51 PM
I might be interested!

I've got a few ideas I'm bouncing around that I could use for something like this.

I was thinking of perhaps playing a dhampir. Though I'm curious how they'd work in this world, or if they'd exist at all. Would they still possess any of the conventional weaknesses of vampires? In any case, I imagine the amount of vampire powers she possesses would be roughly proportional to how much their weaknesses impact her.

Another idea I had was for a witch and alchemist who has toyed around with the ink in so many ways that some might view her with the same mistrust as a monster. Despite her dark inclinations, however, she has decided to hunt monsters; perhaps so that she's not hunted as one instead.

Both of those ideas are good. As a dhampir I think you would get the vampire's slow aging, enhanced toughness, and some regenerative ability. You would still be hurt by silver, though, and would be required to ingest blood or at least consume raw (or rare) meat to stave off cravings.
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

- Sima Yi

TheDarkGoddess

Found some real images! Her skin would be more grayish than the picture. Obviously being "dead" she has no way of healing so the more injuries she sustains the more disfigured she will become.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ontan

Quote from: MissFire on July 03, 2016, 03:21:23 PM

Is portrait style / realistic artwork an acceptable compromise?

If you wanted to stick with real images, it's not a huge deal. Just thought I'd ask  ;)

MissFire

Quote from: TheDarkGoddess on July 04, 2016, 12:10:01 AM
Found some real images! Her skin would be more grayish than the picture. Obviously being "dead" she has no way of healing so the more injuries she sustains the more disfigured she will become.

The clothing and gear is too modern. Do any of these appeal? I spent some time looking around.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/81/d4/ec/81d4ecd23676f3b92f3cdda1a4e9458b.jpg
[ulr]http://65.media.tumblr.com/7d9506fe2e5f2d4718c0b76676382c02/tumblr_nw4lfe5tCI1ttszx1o1_1280.jpg[/url]
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/90/84/b1/9084b12d3c73e19cf84b315c67bc0f13.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/76/ff/ac/76ffac3d7dab0c2e8a4eb2444be99879.jpg

Quote from: Ontan on July 04, 2016, 03:17:04 AM
Is portrait style / realistic artwork an acceptable compromise?

If you wanted to stick with real images, it's not a huge deal. Just thought I'd ask  ;)

Yes, something that realistic is acceptable!
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

Profile tempalte is up! There's a lot here, so I expect to see some nice well-rounded characters! As far as merits and shortcomings go, these are not abilities (ie; he's a great fighter, she's really smart, etc.) but more personality-based positives and negatives.

[float=right][img height=350 padding=7]IMAGE LINK HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Race: [/b]
[b]Role:[/b] (What does your agent do? Scout? Inventor? Medic? Knight [ie; a fighter]?)
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b][u]Notable Abilities/Skills:[/u][/b]
[list]
[li][b](Ability One Goes Here)[/b] (Description goes here)[/li]
[li][b](Ability Two Goes Here)[/b] (Description goes here)[/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Notable Equipment:[/u][/b]
[list]
[li][b](Gear One Goes Here)[/b](Description goes here)[/li]
[li][b](Gear Two Goes Here)[/b](Description goes here)[/li]
[li][b](Gear Three Goes Here)[/b](Description goes here)[/li][/list]

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Any additional description or image links you may want to include)

[b]Employment History:[/b] (Describe your agent's time working with the RSH)

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Hobbies:[/b]

[b][u]Background:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Merits:[/u][/b]
[list]
[li][b](Merit One Goes Here)[/b](Description goes here)[/li]
[li][b](Merit Two Goes Here)[/b](Description goes here)[/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Shortcomings:[/u][/b]
[list]
[li][b](Shortcoming One Goes Here)[/b](Description Goes Here)[/li]
[li][b](Shortcoming Two Goes Here)[/b](Description Goes Here)[/li]
[/list]
    - Sima Yi

Chreestafer

Still looking?

I'm definitely interested in the idea :)

I'm thinking something sort of Era equivalent technomancer. Someone whose dipped into the ink to better his inventions as well as out curiosity.  Obviously tampering with the ink comes at a price and I have a whole background idea for that. :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

MissFire

- Sima Yi

Chreestafer

Cool, I'll start working on a character sheet asap!

So is the ink more like a magic? Like the "fell" from wow?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

MissFire

The ink is the dark material of creation and dreams. It binds the world together and is the essence of everything. It occurs naturally in the very center of the world and in a scant few places, leaks up to the surface. It is obscenely difficult to obtain, even for someone in power, and working with it is about the most dangerous thing you can do. It's like grabbing God's wrist and trying to get him to sign a check for you.
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

Name: Jack The Ripper
Sex: Female
Race: Dhampir
Role: Knight
Sexuality: Lesbian

Notable Abilities/Skills:

• Surgeon: Jack is a 'talented' surgeon, for certain definitions of the word. She knows where all the parts go, certainly. Trusting her to put them back where they belong, however, is a gamble. She is far more skilled in taking people apart than putting them together, but in a pinch she can make for a fine doctor. For certain definitions of 'fine'.
  • Combatant: With training in Baritsu, Fencing, and Boxing, Jack is an excellent fighter. She's spent much of her time after the Whitechapel incident reading and learning instead of fighting, so she is a bit rusty and has doubtless been surpassed by all the younger up-and-coming fighters in The RSH, but she can certainly hold her own against many a supernatural entity.
Notable Equipment:

• Rainmaker: Designed and built by Jack, this specialized umbrella appears to have a fine black canopy and a lovely oak handle with a silver raven's head at the very end of the crook. In actuality, it has an extremely strong yet light metal core which houses a sharp silver fencing blade. The canopy is extremely durable and treated to withstand fire, corrosive agents, small arms fire, and blades.
  • Weighted-Knuckle Gloves: Jack needed a pair of gloves to protect herself from her own silver cutlery and so acquired a pair of black leather gloves. Upon further consideration, she figured that adding some extra 'punch' to her punches couldn't hurt. Called weighted-knuckle gloves, they have powdered steel sewn between layers of leather just over the knuckles. They add a bit of 'oomph' to her strike and while common enough to not make these stand out, they're unique enough to warrant a passing mention.
  • Throwing Knives: Made to order by New South Wales Steel Moulders, Jack carries a brace of throwing knives in her coat. Custom weighted and made of silver. She is no crack shot, but can hit a stable target fine enough. It's always handy to have some sort of ranged weapon.

Appearance: Addt'l Image, Outfit, Outfit (sans coat)

Employment History: Jack owns a vintage and rare book store called 'The Black Library'. After The Whitechapel Incident she (mostly) retired from slaying monsters and focused on her love of research and reading. She does not have any noteworthy feats outside of literary acquisitions after that point, though will happily talk the ear off of anyone whom asks what her most treasured book is. In any case, a historic serial killer is an interesting target indeed and when The RSH found out that the so-called 'Butcher of Whitechapel' was still alive, they sought her out - with the intention of finding and killing her. Surprised were they when they found out that Jack The Ripper was female and actually rather quite pleasant. Her skills would come in handy and so she was brought into the fold, after many promises of exciting new research and a chance to get back into action.

Personality: Talking to Jack is an invitation to either boredom or madness, depending on your personality. She often speaks in riddles, literature quotes, or what seems like utter nonsense. Yet behind all the absurdity lies a keen intellect and one of the sharpest minds that the world has ever known. Would that she could focus on any one thing for more than a moment, for she might revolutionize entire industries. Yet, like a child with ADHD, she bounds from one thing to the next with little regard for anything in her way. Her strangeness can be off-putting to some (most), but those that can hold a conversation with her can find the great wisdom and insight she imparts. Jack is mostly concerned with herself and her own studies, but eagerly protects the things she loves, such as her hometown of London and her precious books. It's hard to wind up in her good graces, but once someone does they have a friend for life. She has a bit of a violent side as well. Jack finds combat an exhilarating change of pace from studying and relishes the chance at a good spar - but not too good. She'd find a challenging fight too exhausting to bother with. Jack fancies women and in a slight bit of hypocrisy, she finds men to quite often be brutish, despite her own penchant for slicing things to ribbons.

Hobbies: Cleaning, Reading, Fencing

Background: One Vlad Dracul III, Prince of Wallachia became known far and wide for his cruel and usual methods of tormenting those that dared cross him. He became known quickly as Vlad Tepes - Vlad The Impaler. His soul was perhaps the darkest in Europe. It is unknown how or when he became tainted with vampirism, or weather the transformation was his own meddling with the Ink in search of power or if it was forced upon him. What is known is that his newfound power and immortality made him even more of a terror to Romania than ever before. Terrifying, but not unstoppable. Not when an entire country was ready to rally against him. Eventually the populace started fighting back and Vlad (now going simply by Dracula) decided to move to London, a city teeming with life and growing ever more prosperous. He conducted business with a solicitor by the name of Jonathan Harker and made arrangements to move his affairs overseas.

Arriving in London much later, the vampire and his brides soon took to the city. While the count spent his time planning his methodical takeover of the city, his brides sowed chaos. In the guise of harlots, the brides of Dracula turned other women into vampires and drained men of their life, leaving them as little more than emaciated corpses. In that age the death of the poor was mostly ignored, simply chalked up to over-work, starvation, or the burgeoning taste for opium that the city was developing. One of the brides, however, made the tragic mistake of falling in love with one of her 'johns' - one Regenald Rimsby. Visiting him night after night, the couple soon gave birth to a daughter, which they named Jacqueline.

It is impossible to keep secrets from one of the most powerful vampires in existence for long, however, and Dracula soon found out. He had Jacqueline's mother torn to pieces by the other brides. The sight of it left Regenald a broken man and even though he tried to continue to take care of his daughter, he soon fell into alcoholism and when she was sixteen, he died of liver failure.

With a mind set on vengeance, a young Jacqueline found herself alone on the streets as a six year old girl. Left to her own devices, the girl struggled to juggle making ends meet, discovering her supernatural ability, and developing the skill she'd need to destroy Dracula's brides. As time marched on she grew ever stronger - and crazier. At the age of seventeen she finally felt strong enough to have her revenge and took to the streets, preying on prostitutes, human and vampire alike. The papers called her 'Jack The Ripper' and 'Springheel Jack'. The public were both horrified and intrigued. Yet after a year, the murders stopped. All vampire activity in London seemed to cease.

Despite thorough investigation by both The RHS and outside sources, no one can understand what happened in 1889 to bring and end to the Whitechapel murders and Jack herself refuses to comment. It is also unknown what happened to Count Dracula, or if any of his brides survived Jack's killing spree.

Merits:

• Dhampir: Jack's heritage provides her with much of the powers of a vampire, yet only some of the weaknesses. She has superhuman, stamina, slow aging, and limited wound regeneration. Holy water, icons, and weapons (unless made of silver) have no affect on her, as blessed objects affect not the physical body, but the unholy darkness in the soul and Jack's is still human. Jack suffers from blood cravings on occasion, but can stave them off with a rare steak.
  • Learned: With over a hundred and forty years of existence behind her, Jack is much smarter than her rather odd personality would let on. She is extremely knowledgeable in world history, language, the occult, medicine, biology, and mechanics. Her quarters hold a vast library of books both common and rare. Jack has a fanatical dedication to reading and learning.
Shortcomings:

• Undead: She does not burst into flame when exposed to sunlight, but it does make her uncomfortable and staying out of the shade for too long will make her ill. A stake to the heart will kill her and silver will inflict grave wounds upon her that halt her supernatural regeneration and bring it to more human levels. A deep gash from an ordinary blade, for example, could heal within an hour or two and disappear as if it were never there. A similar wound from a silvered or holy weapon, however, will take days or even weeks to heal and leave a scar. Though she doesn't crave blood as much as a full vampire does, the hunger pangs she get can become extremely painful or even crippling if she goes too long without eating rare meat. This can be quelled by blood, of course, but she is loathe to do such a thing. In a bit of a miscellaneous quirk, Jack has a reflection, but not a shadow.
  • Reviled:Jack's personality tends to drive off some people and her reputation as a world famous serial murderer tends to send the rest off screaming. Her reputation and the folklore surrounding Jack The Ripper is a double-edged sword. It causes her enemies to fear her, but her colleagues to shun her. Those in The Society tend to stay away from her unless they need something and only a select few can see through the myth and stories to find the woman that loves a good read and was close friends with Arthur Conan Doyle. What's more, Jack has plenty of enemies; most other monsters despise her for her half-breed heritage, rich and powerful men have been sniped for rare books by a woman with a bank account over a hundred years old, and the elusive Dracula still walks the mortal world waiting for his revenge. Jack even hates herself, in a way. She loathes her vampiric heritage, despite the benefits it has given her.
  • Obsessive Compulsive:Jack has OCD, if the massive library of books and fascination with learning wasn't a giveaway. She has an obsession for making things even, neat, and orderly. Everything must be at right angles, her clothing must be neat, her hair must be neat. She hates throwing away old books out of fear she'll forget the information it contains and won't have easy access to it. Jack can easily become distracted on an operation if things are too messy and she is loathe to get herself dirty on a job. While she's got her behavior tempered enough in public, she might end up staring at someone for a bit too long if, say, their outfit is lopsided or uneven.
    - Sima Yi

TheDarkGoddess

Let me know if anything needs changing. I'm sorry if I botched the merits/shortcomings! I think I did them right but I wasn't 100% positive.

Name: Nyx
Sex: female
Race: Resurrected Undead
Role: Knight though often plays the role of bait
Sexuality: Pansexual

• Immunity Being undead, Nyx is immune to a number of things; mind-altering effects (charms, compulsions, hypnotism, etc), substances like poisons, and any kind of electric shock that would stop the living's heart. It takes a lot of creativity to destroy the undead. Fire or other ways of complete decimation (exploding, shredding, disintigrating, etc) of the physical form are the obvious ways to keep Nyx from being put back together. Unfortunately, this means her soul can no longer move on without help from strong magic. If her physical form were to be obliterated, her soul would be stuck in a state of limbo.

• Enhanced Endurance/Stamina Nyx does not need any form of sustenance to survive. She does not eat, sleep, or get tired. This is something that separates the undead from other types of monsters, as most need nourishment of some sort eventually.

Notable Equipment:

• Shield Nyx's shield is the only thing she has left from her past life. It is a family heirloom, given to her by her father when she was old enough to begin fighting. It was blessed long ago, in ancient times, and is able to deflect most dark magic as well as being suitable against many weapons.
    Shield

• Dagger Axe This is an item that Nyx took from the Necromancer who killed her and made her what she is. It is also the weapon he used to kill her, and she in turn used to kill him after she was resurrected. It is used for keeping distance between her and her enemy, as well as makes a great stabbing and decapitation tool. She straps this weapon to her back, so it takes more effort to unsheathe than her other weapons.
    Dagger Axe

• Silver Hand Sickle Another item that she took from her captor. Nyx uses the hand sickle for close combat.
    Hand Sickle

Appearance:
Outfits

Employment History: Nyx fought monsters with her father when they were alive. They didn't have much in the way of belongings, aside from weapons, but they had made a lot of connections through their work. Often times they were provided with shelter and meals from people they had either helped or people who had heard of their work. They were also skilled at living off the land, hunting and gathering to survive. If they were desperate they would resort to stealing only what they needed to survive. After being brought back as an Undead, Nyx dealt with a lot of self-hatred and confusion. This led to a wild rampage that left both monsters, and innocents, at risk. However, she didn't manage to harm anyone before she was caught by the RSH. After much debate they decided to bring her onto the team, instead of eliminating her.

Personality: Nyx is a shadow of the person she was. Her sense of humor has turned into cruel sarcasm, her desire to protect mankind is now an incessant yearning for vengeance, and the fact that she has nothing to lose or “live” for makes her a ticking time bomb. Nyx's actions are often rash and impulsive, and she is more for head on attacks than stealth. Life has beat Nyx down and left her bitter and sullen. Her only purpose is to destroy her enemies. Deep down within her there is a shred of humanity left, though not even she knows it exists. She prefers silence and solitude, which is good, because most avoid her company if they can.

Hobbies: Picking fights, killing monsters, pouting in the corner... In all seriousness, Nyx doesn't have many hobbies. She does spend a lot of time reading and training, since she doesn't sleep, but it's more out of a need for knowledge and skill, she doesn't find any particular joy in it.

Background: Nyx was born and raised in Romania, as were her ancestors before her. Those who didn't know better thought her family were gypsies, since they were constantly moving around. This was the nature of their business – monster hunting. She was an only child, and her mother's throat had been ripped out by a vampire, whose mate Nyx's father had killed, when she was very young. Her father raised her no differently than he would have raised a boy. She spent her days studying monster lore and training to fight, and at night she watched her father at work, until she was old enough to join in.

When Nyx turned sixteen, she became the obsession of a very deranged, powerful Necromancer, Lord Vasile. He had asked her father for her hand in marriage, which her father of course refused. Deeply offended, Lord Vasile spent the next five years psychologically torturing Nyx's father, using her mother's animated corpse. In the end, his madness led him to leap to his death from a cathedral tower window.

Crazed with grief, Nyx made a reckless attempt to avenge her father. It took her a couple years, but eventually she had found where he resided. After a heated battle, Lord Vasile killed her by piercing through her heart with his dagger-axe. He then attempted to reanimate her corpse to make her his undead slave. Something went wrong with his ritual, and he ended up resurrecting her instead, the difference being she had her free will. Nyx promptly used the Necromancer's dagger-axe against him to chop him up into little pieces and set him ablaze. She spread his ashes on consecrated ground so that he would be unable to bring himself back.

Once the realization set in that Nyx was now the very thing she hated, severe depression took hold. She went on a rampage, having the intention of destroying towns that were rumored to be monster-friendly. This put countless innocent lives at risk and brought the attention of the RSH who captured her before she could kill anyone and ended up giving her a job and a purpose again.

Merits:

• Iron Will Nyx has one goal and one goal only; destroy monsters. Nothing will get in the way of her end goal. She has nothing to lose, and she desires nothing, so she cannot be manipulated by her enemies. This leads her to be impulsive, as well as causes her to struggle to see gray areas. She has a hard time trusting monsters, even though she is one.
  • Daredevil While most are all about self preservation, that is not the case for Nyx. She does not value her “life”, which means she is willing to put it at risk without a second thought. Being bait, a distraction, or the first line of attack is common for Nyx.
Shortcomings:

• Self-Hatred Nyx despises herself. She is the very thing that she loathes, and it is a reminder of her failures in life. This makes Nyx pretty bleak to be around, but also makes her reckless and unable to see likely consequences of her actions. Not only does she hate who she is, but she blames herself for the fact that her family line ended with her.
  • Driven by Vengeance The only end goal Nyx sees is destroying monsters. There is no bigger picture than that. It is her obsession. However, it's a battle she can never win. You can stop evil temporarily, but you can never eradicate it. Nyx is like Sisyphus, destined to spend eternity pushing the boulder uphill, only to watch it roll back down.

Madriv

Florence

Just wanted to say that I've been working on mine. I'm a bit at a loss for images, though.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

TheDarkGoddess

Quote from: Florence on July 06, 2016, 10:32:22 AM
Just wanted to say that I've been working on mine. I'm a bit at a loss for images, though.

I googled "1900s Gothic women" and "Steampunk women" and found a lot of options that seemed to fit the vibe

MissFire

Quote from: Florence on July 06, 2016, 10:32:22 AM

If you need help, I'd be happy to.

And, DarkGoddess, your sheet looks just fine to me. The only problem is see is her background. If she was torching villages or killing innocent monsterfolk, the RSH would probably, um, kill her dead. For real this time. Although I can think of a way to make it work! If, say, the RSH sent in Jack to kill Nyx and upon arrival, found a woman not unlike herself with a similar history. She could, perhaps, convince the RSH to take her on. It would make the background work  and give our characters a bit of a connection.
    - Sima Yi

TheDarkGoddess

Quote from: MissFire on July 06, 2016, 01:08:47 PM
If you need help, I'd be happy to.

And, DarkGoddess, your sheet looks just fine to me. The only problem is see is her background. If she was torching villages or killing innocent monsterfolk, the RSH would probably, um, kill her dead. For real this time. Although I can think of a way to make it work! If, say, the RSH sent in Jack to kill Nyx and upon arrival, found a woman not unlike herself with a similar history. She could, perhaps, convince the RSH to take her on. It would make the background work  and give our characters a bit of a connection.

Ohhh I like that idea! I will leave it up to you what you would prefer, I don't mind editing! Since she was far from stealthy about her rampage, maybe the first town she hit they were able to hold her off for a while and evacuate, so she didn't manage to kill anyone. Then before she could hit another town your character found her. She would be on foot, and I imagine the lair of the Necromancer was in an area where towns are few and far apart. That way there was only some destruction of property and intent to harm innocents, which is a little more likely to be forgiven than having a stack of bodies on her hands.

MissFire

- Sima Yi

Chreestafer

Definitely still working on my concept.

An idea I had was with the ink, being cursed by it.  Not sure to what extent, but enough to label him as "different" in the eyes of so many as I'm going to make him human anyways. I had thought of say his family perished (wife and child) and driven a little bit crazed at the time hunted down a manifestation of the ink.  Trying to control it he found himself in to deep and nothing good came of his attempts to control it.

Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

Name: Kyler Bishop
Sex: Male
Race: Human (Ink Cursed)
Role: Inventor / Knight
Sexuality: Omni-Curious

• Skilled Inventor: Give him a layout, a plan, some materials or even leave him to his own devices and ask him to make something, and he will.  Kyler is extremely skilled at creating things, seeing what can be used in the most unique ways that make life easier for anyone.
  • Sword Expertise (specifically the Cutlass): Since he was constantly taught b his father and other ship mates on his travels he has learned to make his cutlass feel like an extension of his own arm.  Both skill in attack and defending he is quit the swordsman when it becomes necessary.
Notable Equipment:

• Cutlass: During his rampage of revenge he remembered all that he had read as a child.  The books were of medieval nature, some talking about hero's fighting certain ways and certain ways to train.  It all seemed to click when he snapped, the cutlass seeming like an extension of his arm.  None the less, he would work on his skills and stances daily.  Since growing older and tinkering more and more, he has made a few modifications to his sword, like silver edged and small battery in the hilt which produces a shocking effect to knock out a horse, literally he's done it before. 
  • Grappling bracer: One of his easier and minor inventions was the grappling bracer.  A single gauntlet that would fit over the wearers dominant hand giving them free range of movement as needed.  Yet when the occurrences would rise, the wielder only need point their arm in the direction they wanted and squeeze said hand into a tight fist.  This reaction would cause a small blade to shoot forth from the wrist leading a thin wire, rated up to 300 lbs, about 3o feet before stopping or hitting said target. 
  • Light Orbs a.k.a Flash Bangs: Small crystalline orbs with a copper banding that exploded on contact with hard surfaces.  They emit a high concussion blast that is detrimental to hearing as well as bright flash of light disorienting most.  Secret side effect, it actually chars the skin of vamps to close to the blast, un able to be healed by their abilities.

Appearance:

Employment History: He's been working with the RSH for a little over 6 years now.  He fights only when he is called upon, otherwise his time is spent in his shop working on gadgets and weapons for others to better defend this world.  When he isn't doing that, he can be found in the library, buried deep in books about The Ink with a bottle of whisky at his side.

Personality: When all is said and done, Kyler is honestly a nice guy who would do anything for anyone.  However he does have his issues and emotional baggage.  Some would classify it as bi-polar others would call him depressed.  There are times when he can be nice, wanting to chat and see how your day is and was.  Yet there are times, and this has become more frequent, where he is withdrawn from the world.  Annoyance painting his face as he could snap and be rude.  When he drinks, he can be kind of a dick, rude and crude, thinking he's a ladies man only to wake up hours later angry at himself for the fool he was.

Hobbies: Reading and researching on "The Ink" to try and find a cure for himself.  Tinkering with his inventions. Drinking... A lot...

Background: Kyler wasn't born a hunter nor was he born an inventor, he was born to American immigrants. His father an Englishman from London, his mother and Irish cook who could knock your socks off with her skills in the kitchen.  Kyler's father was a traveling business man, selling everything and anything.  He settled down after finding the Irishwoman in the states and falling for her instantly.  Not even a year later Kyler was born, scrawny and crying.  The years passed as he would attend school after school never really finding a home as his father was always moving.  He never really found a liking for classes only really content with reading and being alone since he never really had any friends.  This would soon change as Kyler's father would land the deal of a life time.  Settling down in the suburbs of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, the older man became a sales man for a famous inventor.  Helping the inventor market his ideas across the world.  At times Kyler would join his father, traveling from the states across the seas to many countries.  Yet what he really wanted to do was stay home with the inventor, truthfully the inventors daughter.  Scarlet was her name, and the young boy grew quite fond of her. 

Friendship became instant and as a few more years passed they were set to be married.  There wasn't ever a happier couple in the United States, an inseparable pair the two were.  He would only break away from her to tutor under her fathers guidance.  Because as they grew to love each other, Kyler felt the calling to invent things to better peoples lives.  He started out with small nick knacks that would do tricks, or put on little light shows.  Yet his work was always top notch even for his smaller devices.  That was until he created the "light orb" or a device he dubbed the "flash bang".   A small crystalline ball with a copper ring about it, when struck against a hard surface the materials would react and explode causing a deafening concussion blast yet more so the bright flash that burnt brighter than the sun for an instance.  He was a young adult now, and both his father and father in law were proud of him.  They set up a get together to meet with current military to showcase his latest invention.  With a soft kiss to his pregnant wife he was off on a train heading to the capital for a few weeks.

His time in D.C. was remarkable, yet Kyler came home to desecration.  His family has all been murdered, and he was charged with fleeing the crime.  While in custody though he met a man who freed him and revealed to him what truly had happened.  The inventor had created a device for another hunter group which had slain quit a few vampires.  Seeking vengeance, a few vampires came to slaughter all they could, taking everything from Kyler.  At first he was perplexed, confused as to how monsters could even be real.  He had heard the stories, read them, seen the new articles, yet he never took any of them as truth.  Insanity set in and he spent the next 3 years hunting down any monster he could, reeking havoc on not just them, but whole groups.  Inventing items to take mass amounts out, like silver fleck grenades, balls that when broken release silver dust into the air putting werewolves into fatal asthmatic attacks.  Cruelty was his world, and vengeance was his to hold.  He spent years hunting the vampires that murdered all he had.  Until finally the day came where found them.  Scars littered his body after the fight, his cutlass gleaming in the light as he held his last flash bang in one hand.  Begging for mercy the vamp, a weasel of what the rest were, bartered his life to be spared.

The vampire lay dead at his feet, Yet his anger wasn't quenched.  He planned more attacks, and he would've had them seen through if the RSH hadn't stepped in.  Sending in one of their best agents, she was to end the threat to the peace that they lived in.  Yet when she arrived she found a man so lost in guilt it was sad.  Bottles of booze lay mixed with the inventions that had given him a name in the States.  Pardoning for his sins the agent got him recruited to the RSH to serve and protect with his unique creations.  Yet guilt still ate at him nightly, the bottle was his only escape.  It wasn't until the Great Nikola Tesla had refereed to the essence of everything, that a gleam of hope popped into his head.   

Guilt stricken he hunted the Ink down, finding an area where the manifestation was thought to be.  Pooled up like puddles from the rain, the oily black substance lay through the grass of an open field.   Laying articles of clothing and hair of his wife down he began the incantation of what he though was a spell to bring the living back from the dead.  Yet, as an odd smoke filled the clearing and the skies began to darken, he was sadly mistaken.  Wisps of darkness lashed out at him, grasping and pulling him towards the center of the field, a demonic laughter thanking him for freedom.  The darkness began to eat at him, his hair greying and his body feeling frail.  His skin began to bruise as dark blotches began to appear all across him.  He was surly dead, if it wasn't for his flash bang.  Yanking free with all his might he slammed the glass orb down, light flashing about him and a deafness soon came.  He lay in the grass holding his head from the pain of light and sound, yet he could feel his heart wasn't hurting anymore and when the world came back into view he could see the darkness was dissipating.  He was soaked from the ink, as he lay in one of the puddles curious as to what had just happened.

Weeks passed with nothingness, silence in his head and all around.  Until one night while he slept he dreamt of the shadow that held him hostage.  The same demonic voice, calling to him, screaming at him that it will claim him and his world.  When he woke he found the bruises and blotches of darkness on his chest and arms had returned.  Fear swept through him, he knew the RSH would find out, he knew something was up with the weird smoke, was it their hunting the ink also?  He knew he needed to do something, to find some cure to remove the blotches. Yet the nights remained the same, dreams of terror and anguish filled him, soon his nights ended in the cup to drown all thoughts from him for him to gain proper sleep.  He needed to do something, yet he wasn't sure on what.

Merits:

• Relentless: He isn't a superhuman like most of the others.  Yet he still has heart and still has the will to press forward.  He never gives up, even if it means hurting himself, to get the job done or to save someone from something. 
  • Engineering Smarts: Since being an inventor he has a slight knack for figuring out puzzles or deciphering things that most might blankly stare at.
Shortcomings:

• He is only human after all: Kyler, unlike most from the RSH, is still in fact only human.  The Ink Curse hasn't done much in ways prolonging his health or giving him super human strength.  So when push comes to shove, if Mr. Shove is bigger than Mr. Push, Kyler will go down.  So no he can't leap far, or lift boulders over his head.  No he doesn't heal quickly nor can he run fast.
  • Alcoholism: Due to his constant night terrors and the Shadow monster he let loose upon this world Kyler has turned to a life in the cup.  Often he can be found sipping from a flask to silent the voices in his head.  Or when sleeping, bottles of whisky or rum strewn about his room as if they were clothing.  It has affected his abilities at time being unreliable or to far drunk to battle impending danger.  As well it has been an issue brought to light by the RSH on many occasions.
  • Ink Curse: His body is covered with what seems like bruises that fade from sight or grow in dark color as they seem fit.  As of this moment, other than linking him to the Shadow, they haven't cause any physical discomfort, just a reminder to himself and the world what he tried and failed to do.

Ons and Offs
F-List

Florence

Still working on my sheet, but so far the concept I've come up with is a dhampir orphan who wound up working for the Sicilian mafia in its early days, worked her way up and had the whole thing fall apart. She's since taken to using the skills she's learned as a criminal assassin to hunting monsters. Her weapons of choice are a sword, knives (melee, not throwing), and a custom revolver. As for the specifics of the sword, I was thinking she'd use a basket hilted broadsword, but I think a cane sword would be more era appropriate.

As far as sexual preferences go, she's pansexual with a dominant streak to her.

MissFire

@Florence Well, we already have a dhampir. I'd like a diverse cast. Do you have any other race ideas? Werewolf? Dullahan? Banshee? Human?

@Chreestafer, he looks pretty good so far but needs a few tweaks. Grammar and syntax needs some fixing in general. Can you find another reason for him to be trained in swordplay though? The age of piracy had pretty much long passed at this point in time. There would be no reason for the RSH to contact him at that point in time. They wouldn't call him in since at that point in time he's still basically unknown. Plus, he's not going to be meeting with the RSH and then suddenly be surprised that monsters are real - monsters are the RSH's deal. If they'd contact him, it would be to employ him.

Then, he has the same problem Nyx had. If he's slaughtering vampires and other inteligent monsters with abandon, the RSH is going to notice and come after him. That puts a real strain on The Pact. Intelligent monsters are supposed to play nice with people. The ones that are 'feral' or go rogue, the RSH hunts down. The RSH doesn't like random civilians jumping in. So, they'd likely send Jack in to investigate. If you want, we can do a similar thing and have her recruit him that way.

Also, the Ink isn't.. wispy. It's like, well, ink. It's black, oily, viscous. It doesn't have anything to do with demons or demonic power. It's the essence of creation. Other than those details, what happened to him is fine. Trying to rez his family is a cool bit of backstory and a good excuse for him to go messing with power beyond his control. He can have those blotches all over where the Ink grabbed at him and have odd dreams that terrify him nightly with horrible images that he can't remember when he wakes up.

So, how do you feel about this;
1. He goes on his monster-killing rampage.
2. Jack is sent to investiage and she introduces him to the RSH and gets him recruited.
3. With the facilities and connections the RSH offers (their resident in-house scientist is Nikola Tesla!) Kyler hears about the Ink
4. Going off on his own, he messes with the Ink and has his event there. Now he has to try and hide this or the RSH might find out what he's done.
    - Sima Yi

Chreestafer

Quote from: MissFire on July 07, 2016, 01:53:41 PM
@Florence Well, we already have a dhampir. I'd like a diverse cast. Do you have any other race ideas? Werewolf? Dullahan? Banshee? Human?

@Chreestafer, he looks pretty good so far but needs a few tweaks. Grammar and syntax needs some fixing in general. Can you find another reason for him to be trained in swordplay though? The age of piracy had pretty much long passed at this point in time. There would be no reason for the RSH to contact him at that point in time. They wouldn't call him in since at that point in time he's still basically unknown. Plus, he's not going to be meeting with the RSH and then suddenly be surprised that monsters are real - monsters are the RSH's deal. If they'd contact him, it would be to employ him.

Then, he has the same problem Nyx had. If he's slaughtering vampires and other inteligent monsters with abandon, the RSH is going to notice and come after him. That puts a real strain on The Pact. Intelligent monsters are supposed to play nice with people. The ones that are 'feral' or go rogue, the RSH hunts down. The RSH doesn't like random civilians jumping in. So, they'd likely send Jack in to investigate. If you want, we can do a similar thing and have her recruit him that way.

Also, the Ink isn't.. wispy. It's like, well, ink. It's black, oily, viscous. It doesn't have anything to do with demons or demonic power. It's the essence of creation. Other than those details, what happened to him is fine. Trying to rez his family is a cool bit of backstory and a good excuse for him to go messing with power beyond his control. He can have those blotches all over where the Ink grabbed at him and have odd dreams that terrify him nightly with horrible images that he can't remember when he wakes up.

So, how do you feel about this;
1. He goes on his monster-killing rampage.
2. Jack is sent to investiage and she introduces him to the RSH and gets him recruited.
3. With the facilities and connections the RSH offers (their resident in-house scientist is Nikola Tesla!) Kyler hears about the Ink
4. Going off on his own, he messes with the Ink and has his event there. Now he has to try and hide this or the RSH might find out what he's done.

I'll work right away on it.  Do forgive my grammatical errors as I do a lot of this via phone at times and did so with this character sheet.  I'll work on correcting that for future purposes though. 

I like the idea of the connections, those work perfectly! The shadow was just an idea I thought you may be able to run with and use as your own if you'd like.  As well with the curse he has.  I haven't highlighted what the blotches do or if they're a side affect of something much worse, yet that is left open ended for your purpose as well.  Yet all in all I love the connection ideas and ill work on fixing what I can.
Ons and Offs
F-List

MissFire

- Sima Yi

Florence

Ah, nevermind then. I'll probably just bow out.

It would take too long to start from scratch.

dale108

Hmmm!  I like this.  I'll have to think of a character to fit in.
"Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning."

Grammar is Important:
Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Correct word choices is knowing if you'd rather be pissed off THEN pissed on or pissed off THAN pissed on.
Punctuation is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

https://www.f-list.net/c/breathlessforyou

MissFire

Sure! One more would be perfect. Just try not to overlap too much with existing characters.
    - Sima Yi

dblkrose

"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D

dblkrose

To be specific now that I thought about it I was actually thinking of something that was more of the Werewolf type but with a little twist.

An Egyptian Anubis Warrior.

He would appear as an normal Egyptian man but have the enhanced abilities of a Dog (Hearing, Smell) and in full Anubis mode some combat abilities and supernatural toughness.

"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D

MissFire

- Sima Yi

dblkrose

-D

TheDarkGoddess

Quote from: dblkrose on July 09, 2016, 05:41:33 PM
To be specific now that I thought about it I was actually thinking of something that was more of the Werewolf type but with a little twist.

An Egyptian Anubis Warrior.

He would appear as an normal Egyptian man but have the enhanced abilities of a Dog (Hearing, Smell) and in full Anubis mode some combat abilities and supernatural toughness.

Very cool twist!

Gjevv Übryzdā

One language is never enough.
Ett språk er aldri nok
Eine Sprache ist niemals genug.
Une seule langue n'est jamais suffisante.
Jeden język nigdy nie wystarcza.
Unu lingvo neniam sufiĉas
Väddä awësanëgi jazina trernste.

MissFire

- Sima Yi

Gjevv Übryzdā

Quote from: MissFire on July 10, 2016, 09:52:08 AM
I'm full up for now, unfortunately.

Dang. Oh well. Seems I was approved just a tad too late for this.
One language is never enough.
Ett språk er aldri nok
Eine Sprache ist niemals genug.
Une seule langue n'est jamais suffisante.
Jeden język nigdy nie wystarcza.
Unu lingvo neniam sufiĉas
Väddä awësanëgi jazina trernste.

dale108

Quote from: MissFire on July 10, 2016, 09:52:08 AM
I'm full up for now, unfortunately.

If you're saving a slot for me, I've changed my mind.  I think I've got enough on my plate.  I like the story.  I just got too much I'm doing right now.  Sorry about that.
"Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning."

Grammar is Important:
Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Correct word choices is knowing if you'd rather be pissed off THEN pissed on or pissed off THAN pissed on.
Punctuation is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

https://www.f-list.net/c/breathlessforyou

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Ontan

Quote from: dale108 on July 10, 2016, 05:34:20 PM
If you're saving a slot for me, I've changed my mind.  I think I've got enough on my plate.  I like the story.  I just got too much I'm doing right now.  Sorry about that.

So... is there still a slot open? I'd be more than happy to submit my CS if there is.

dblkrose

Name: Djari "The Jackal" Sakadian
Age: 28 (Has existed as a Scout in the Army of Anubis since the First Dynasty (c. 3100 – c. 2890 BC)
Sex: Male
Race: Egyptian (Anibus Dog Warrior)
Role: Scout
Sexuality: Heterosexual

• Stealth: As a Scout for the Army of Anubis Djari has mastered the art of moving swift and undetected. In his Jackal form Djari can move virtually undetected in low light or under the cover of night; his jet black skin blending perfectly with darkness and shadows. His movements are practically soundless even when in full sprint or climbing. In his human form he still possess a measure of this ability and can surprise, evade, or infiltrate with the skill of a world class thief or assassin.
  • Enhanced Senses: In full Jackal form Sakadian possess the senses and ability that are normally attributed to a canine enhanced to a supernatural degree. Both hearing and smell are extremely heightened. Djari can see in completely darkness and his sense of taste is highly refine. Like most predators and animals he is capable of sensing danger on an instinctive level (though not the exact nature) as well as some limited weather prediction abilities. As a human Djari Sakadian possess some degree of heighten awareness though it is at the limits of human ability.
  • Enhanced Running Speed: As an Anubis Dog Warrior, Djari Jackal Form allows him to reach at top speed of 40 Kilometers per hour (25 mph) or maintain 20 Kilometers per hour (12.5 mph) for an unholy length of time and distance. This speed is achieved by running upright not on all fours. This speed can be used to scale vertical surface far easier than normally would be possible as well as achieving unnatural heights in a running jump. Again as a human Djari possess this skill to a limited degree and is able to achieve speeds common to an Olympic athlete
  • Jackal Form: Djari Sakadian true form is a that of an Anubis Dog Warrior which in essence is a corpses like humaniod with the head of a Jackal standing about 9 feet tall. In this form Djari possess an unnatural level of endurance, requires very little food or water, and has a high tolerance to pain. Djari can only be completely destroyed by decapitation which reduces his body to black ash. This form has the added advantage of both canine teeth and claws. Sakadian uses a special amulet, worn around the neck to transform himself into a human. This transformation normally appears as black ash falling away from the Jackal form to reveal a human male underneath while reverting back is a sudden metamorphosis similar to a lycanthropic change without the agony.

Notable Equipment:

• Anubis Amulet: Djari's Amulet allows him to maintain the form of a human male indefinitely. In essence the Amulet holds his Jackal Form at bay allowing him to experience the world as a mortal. Removal of the Anubis Amulet will cause Sakadian to transform back to his natural form almost immediately though Djari has been practicing on maintaining his human form thru sheer effort of will for a few moments after the Amulet is out of contact. Also extreme emotions or pain can overload the Amulet ability reverting Djari back to his Jackal Form. The Amulet is triggered mentally and worn around the neck and is normally not displayed for obvious reasons. Djari's Sakadian's human form does not change in appearance or relative age and damage to the mortal shell is normally mitigated in the transformation but while human his as vulnerable as a normal man. For instance he can be incapacitated by a blow to the head or drugged; if mortally wounded he will bleed out and appear to die until his amulet is removed. He can experience pain and thus be tortured though he would normal transform to avoid such things. Decapitation in human form is as fatal to Djari as if in Jackal Form. It has been rumored that anyone else wearing the Amulet of Anubis will experience some unique side effects.
  • Ring of Anubis: The Ring of Anubis allows Djari to exist in the mortal plane and loss of the ring before a sunrise would cause Djari to expelled back to the underworld. If the proper ceremony is performed Sakadian can be summoned back after sundown but the ritual would involve a living human sacrifice. The ring possess one more unique ability which allows the wearer to be drawn to Death. This can manifest itself in a number of ways and is not actively control by the wearer. At times it will draw the Anubis Dog Warrior to the location of someone who has just past or give him a sense of someone who is about to die. It also helps him seek out the undead.
  • Black Bladed Khopesh: Djari Sakadian's weapon of choice is a ancient Black Bladed Khopesh which is actually made up of two blades. It can be wielded as a single blade or broken down to form thinner twin blades. He is very skilled with this weapon and it's type and has been known to dual wield against multiple combatants with deadly skill.

Appearance: Djari's Jackal form has been describe above but in summary it is a nine foot tall humanoid with dark skin and the head of a Jackal. It has a leanness to it that is almost skeletal, it is monstrously swift and deadly with both razor sharp teeth and claws on both hands and feet. Properly attired for combat Sakadian will make use of an ancient set of Egyptian armor and headdress. As a mortal human male, Djari is a lean but tightly muscular man standing just about 6'1" and looks to be between 28 and 34 years of age. He has developed a taste for fashion and the finer things, speaks with an Egyptian accent and is considered by some to be quite handsome.

Employment History: When the RSH ran afoul a rather destructive and powerful mummified Pharaoh who reawaken after his remains where disturbed and brought to London they beseech the Egyptian God Anubis for help by ritual ceremony. He answered by sending his best scout Djari to the mortal plane to aid in the return of the Pharaoh to the afterlife. With the help of the Dog Warrior the RSH was able to track down and the Mummy and defeat it, returning its remain to a lost tomb near Cairo, Egypt. Djari found mortal life to be fascinating and decided that he would resist the call of Anubis to return to the underworld and such risking the wrath of his Lord & God. After 5 years with the RSH Djari is most effective in tracking down monsters and leading Hunters to their prey; this is especially true for Undead creatures.

Personality: In the animal kingdom, jackals are often mistakenly thought of as lazy scavengers who don’t like to take risks or venture outside of their own territory;  Djari Sakadian embodies these traits to most observers.  Seen as an opportunist to most Djari will normally sit back and let others do the hard work often looking bored, disinterested, and lazy yet when the time is right he will step in and make the most out a given situation display both skill and cunning. Most who are close to Sakadian will realize this is a playful illusion that the man cultures to disguise his true nature. Djari is at times hard to read and isn't above living in squalor and eating scraps; yet this will always be part of a larger plan to eventual achieve extravagant comfort and finery. Sakadian can be self-indulgent, but will never sacrifice his future security for momentary bliss as overall personal security, routine, and territory is truly what the man seeks. The Jackal has a reputation for being sullen, evasive, and even moody, but can be quite social and even charming when the need arrives. A truly pack animal Djari will always be loyal to his friends in the RSH and if need be defend them to the death. Jackals mate for life so that any love interest that Djari has will be primary and he will be possessive. In his more bestial form Djari Sakadian prefers to scout ahead and attack in blinding surprise fashion. Though capable of holding his own in a straight up fight he likes to be on the outside of combat waiting for the right time to make his move. He is capable of speech in Jackal form but tends to just respond much like a canine, with growls and expressions normal to a doglike creature.

Hobbies: Djari has made quiet a reputation as a expert dog breeder & trainer and runs a world famous kennel. He seems to actually be able to communicate with the animals and his dogs have place highly in every competition and hunt they participate in.

Background: Djari "The Jackal" Sakadian served in the Army of Anubis when Egypt was merely a gathering of tribes along the Nile. As the Lead Scout of Anubis's Army there wasn't anything that Djari could not track and find. He would range out on his own to located objects and beings that had escape the underworld and report back to his Lord & God. Skilled with Khopesh he mission sometimes involved the killing of an enemy from the shadows though Djari never consider himself a true assassin. As Anibus and his minions left the mortal plane and fell to myths and legend Djari would still venture into the world of man fascinated by their lives and their desire to create and build incredible wonders. When the RSH called to Anubis for aid, Djari literally leap at the opportunity. After the task was completed he was called back but he had stolen some artifacts from the vast treasure of the underworld that would allow him to not only stay in the mortal plane but exist there as human being. Djari took the last name Sakadian and walked back from the tomb near Cario to joined the human race. Sakadian lived off the streets using his wits and charm and scavenge out a measure of wealth and fortune. He soon found the members of the RSH and through them created an identity as a renown dog trainer.

Merits:

• Loyalty: "You are my Pack, you are my Life." Despite his acting to the contrary Djari will ferociously defend those he calls friend even at the cost of his life. He will normally go above and beyond to help out a member of his inner circle and he will never leave a member of his pack behind.
  • Tenacity: "I have never given up the hunt. Never." Once Sakadian is on your trail he will find you; no matter how long or how far he has to travel. If you are being tracked by the Jackal you can't even escape by dying as he will simply follow you into the afterlife.
Shortcomings:

• No Moral Compass: The Jackal doesn't really have a since of morality and though he understand the concept of right and wrong he doesn't really care which side he happens to be on. He does have honor and lives by his own set of codes and since he has aligned himself with the RSH he will follow their guideline of morality to not upset his companions. Yet left to his own there is no guarantee Djari will do the right thing and he is very likely to simply remain neutral in any given situation.
  • Morbid Sense of Humor: Death is a state of being that is part of the natural cycle of all things. As a creature under the aegis of Anubis, Djari is not only fascinated by Death but finds the act of actually dying to be some what humorous, "You mortals make such hilarious sounds when you die and why do you keep clutching your throat as if you could actually stop the bleeding!?"
  • Technologically Inept: As a being from the "Old World" Sakadian does not fully comprehend technology or it uses and is quiet inept at using the relatively advance technology of this day an age. He is learning but hasn't yet grasp why you would have a pocket watch instead of an hourglass or a sundial. He is not stupid, just ignorant.
  • Hatred of Cats: Djari hates Cats with a passion and Felines hate him and will become very vocal and aggressive in his presence. He is not above becoming just as vocal and even doing harm to a Cat if given a chance.
  • The Wrath of Anubis: Djari Sakadian has in effect deserted the Army of Anubis as well as stolen powerful artifacts that he wasn't meant to have. He has no illusion that a fate worse than death awaits him should he fall in the mortal world or lose his ring. He also knows that sooner of later his Lord & God will come for him one way or another. To this end, Djari doesn't like to put himself in harms way if he can avoid it which sometimes makes him seem a bit cowardly.

-D

dblkrose

-D

MissFire

Very much approved. As soon as Chreestafer gets his changes in, we can begin.
    - Sima Yi

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

MissFire

Okay, that all works for me so he's good to go. I will get the game up and running within the next day or so!
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

- Sima Yi