[Interest Check] Kingdom Hearts: Advent of the Crystal Blade [NC-E]

Started by Zadaris, January 23, 2011, 01:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyIvan

Zadaris

Quote from: CrazyIvan on January 29, 2011, 10:26:43 AM
are you still looking for more people?

Recruitments are still opened, yes. We're still in the interest check stage but one or two more people and I'll be ready to start it. Care to be one of those people?  ;D
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Lightshock16

sorry for being pretty quiet. had a wierd night last night. didn't go on computer at all. lol

As for ideas, I'm sur ei'll probably end up thinking of some sort of idea for a world or something. depend's on how it goes. lolol

Yorubi

Quote from: Zadaris on January 29, 2011, 09:09:00 AM
Too cute to kill off?! Psh! No such character exists in our incredibly dark and twisted rp. No one shall be spared, no matter how cute or huggable or other such qualities.  I look forward to breaking this character of yours, bwahahahaha >:)

I agree completely; she has the appearance and overall feel of someone who would fight for the honor of the heart and love and friendship and other such fluffy things. Very noble of her.
Meany! ^^

Well can't wait for the RP to start. I'll be thinking up ideas for my character. Probably going to cheat and use my avatar cause its the one RP she seems to fit so perfectly into XD

Zadaris

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 29, 2011, 12:51:47 PM
sorry for being pretty quiet. had a wierd night last night. didn't go on computer at all. lol

As for ideas, I'm sur ei'll probably end up thinking of some sort of idea for a world or something. depend's on how it goes. lolol

No worries Shock, just hope it wasn't a bad weird night. You'll have plenty of opportunity to be loud with us once everthings done and dusted which will hopefully sometime soon. And I'll look forward to any and all ideas that you all have; anything that would make the story that much more enjoyable.

Quote from: Yorubi on January 29, 2011, 01:58:27 PM
Meany! ^^

Well can't wait for the RP to start. I'll be thinking up ideas for my character. Probably going to cheat and use my avatar cause its the one RP she seems to fit so perfectly into XD

Cheating.... and you call me the meany xD

With CrazyIvan having enquired about the game we may be close to a minimum amount of people to get things started so *crosses fingers* Here's hoping!
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Yorubi

Well hopefully so I'm feeling more and more excited about trying this out. Either way I'll be waiting to see for the opening while thinking up my characters.

Lightshock16

Quote from: Zadaris on January 29, 2011, 02:38:29 PM
No worries Shock, just hope it wasn't a bad weird night. You'll have plenty of opportunity to be loud with us once everthings done and dusted which will hopefully sometime soon. And I'll look forward to any and all ideas that you all have; anything that would make the story that much more enjoyable.

Lol no it wasn't in a bad way...It's just wierd cause I felt drunk afte ronly one pint of Irish Cider...I wasn't drunk enough to forget thigns though, because I quite clearly remember walking into the lampost outside the club. lol

Yorubi

Name: Hana
Appearance: The Sweet Girl

Personality: She is a very kind hearted and selfless person. She tends to be more soft spoken often being rather quiet not tending to be very talkative beyond trying to spark kindness to someone and make them feel more comfortable. She holds a strong conviction towards protecting others and is unfavorable to taking the life to another. She does not like violence and tries to avoid it as much as possible although should she need to fight she manages to hold a very calm demeanor behind her and shows a strong sense of resolve and bravery despite the challenge to protect others.

Home World: None

Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjd2l4NnmPc#
Class:  Keyblader

Weapon: Light's Embrace
Light's Resolve - The blade itself glows with a strong glow that is charged up. When struck it reacts to the darkness in an individuals heart releasing a strong attack that multiplies based off their alignment with a divine power. This can be used in range format though its power is much less effective emitting beams of light that deal lesser damage.
Light's Redemption - The alternate form when utilized on that aligned with the light (even if it is not completely) the blade is able to create a barrier in front of the chosen individual blocking any attacks towards them while emitting light healing them to some degree depending on their alignment to the light. This can be used away from an individual to form barriers were they are desired that could be used as possible platforms.

Heart System: 90/100

Background Story: Hana grew up moving world to world with her mother since before she could even remember. She grew up learning to show respect for those around even those who seem to show little light. She grew up to believe that even the faintest light can be redeemed. She followed her mother through many worlds traveling with her through as she made a point to help others when possible and live a rather interesting life taking some odd jobs to make a living for herself and her daughter. Hana found a deep respect for her mother as she seemed to hold such a great view on all living things finding it to be so warm. As she grew older she realized just how tragic her mother's life had been and how she has managed to turn so strong through subtle signs only finding more respect for her as they continued to travel together using gummi ship known as Paradice, spelled purposely in that form from her mother's saying that 'paradise is waiting, just one roll of the dice away.

It was several weeks after she turned 16 that her mother fell ill leaving them both stuck in one world. She worked hard to try to get a living for them both taking in the kindness of strangers as she worked. Unfortunately, her mother soon gave into sickness as she passed away leaving the teen all alone in the world with her keyblade known as Light's Embrace. She stuck to the world she was at hiding away the gummi ship as she kept herself on the world working as a waitress at a somewhat popular food stop working to make a living. Her thoughts linger back sticking to the world keeping at peace not wanting to engage in the violence that her mother undertook to protect others. It left her in an almost daze as she worked to live staying with the same family in their small apartment paying a small bit of rent as she made a living working for them.

Now over a year later, Hana continues to work not seeming in the least bit ready to move on. Her heart still seems to linger as her mind wonders of the tasks her mother had performed as the thought of continuing on lingered in her mind. While she works to protect the world she is in she knows full well there are many that are worst off and need the aid much more. All she needed was the right push to give up the daze her current life gave to begin her journey through the worlds to continue on her mother's legacy in her own way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there we go! Some tragedy hinted in. I figured it be neat to make a keyblade that reacts on the basis of how much light a person holds since the heart system is in here it could be interesting ^^

Zadaris

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 29, 2011, 03:20:11 PM
Lol no it wasn't in a bad way...It's just wierd cause I felt drunk afte ronly one pint of Irish Cider...I wasn't drunk enough to forget thigns though, because I quite clearly remember walking into the lampost outside the club. lol

The lampost gave you an Irish kiss eh. xD
But man I know those nights; they can be brutal, especially if the people with you are as loony as yourself. You wake up the next day in bits.  >:)

Hana looks great Yorubi! Approved.
I have to agree with her ability; you made her a brilliant support type character. And she'll see plenty of dark hearts on her journey. Oh, loved the ship naming too. I can envision Paradice already!

Good job!  ;D

Yorubi

Thanks ^^. Well now that you said it, the ship name sounds cheesier then I thought haha XD Still I'm keeping the ship name.

Yeah I figure it would be fun specially with her supportive ability being able to defend and heal and also be utilized in a way as platforms if she placed them right for allies, while her damage ability can be used as a more supportive means providing attacks at range that can help to limit an enemies movement luring them possibly into an allies attack. ^^ I'm a geek when it comes to figuring out character abilities I like to make them more unique XD

Lightshock16

Quote from: Yorubi on January 29, 2011, 05:15:23 PM
Thanks ^^. Well now that you said it, the ship name sounds cheesier then I thought haha XD Still I'm keeping the ship name.

Hana sound's really cute and awesome, just like her pic. <333
can't wait to see her in the RP.

Yorubi

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 29, 2011, 05:19:18 PM
Hana sound's really cute and awesome, just like her pic. <333
can't wait to see her in the RP.
Thanks ^^ Though now I feel even more pressure to play her really good lol.

Zadaris

Pretty in Pink

Name: Mina
Appearance:

Personality: Somewhat reclusive, Mina doesn't open up easily, for various reasons, all of which will be understandable once someone manages to get her to open up enough to talk about her past.  This is rather difficult, because she sees talking about your past as attaching to someone, and she is VERY slow to allow that to happen, no matter how much she may enjoy being around the person.

Home World: Traverse Town

Theme: Alan Wake - Poe - Haunted - SPOILERS!
Class: Twilight Keyblader

Weapon:
Name - Cerberus
Unsealed Form -
KeyChain Form -
The pendant hangs from a thin wire necklace around Mina's neck, the chain made of filigreed silver, twisted together into a cord that is much more durable than it looks.
[-] Cerberus Wave - A three pronged wave of pure force jets out from the tip of the blade, ripping through any surface in the way, leaving a swath of emptiness in its wake.  It only strikes the closest target in each of the three directions, and if no target is struck within a few feet, it dissipates.
[-] Fire Magic
[-] Light Magic
[-] ____ Magic

Heart System: 50L/50D

Background Story: Mina was born in Traverse Town, but lost her mother when she was born.  Her brother, Darin, raised her as best as he could, enlisting help from a few of his friends around Traverse Town to help him raising a young infant girl when he was only 13 himself.  So she grew up with not so much a group of friends of family, but a rather large, extended, and dysfunctional, but complete, family.

Her brother did what he could to provide for her, while keeping one thing secret from her, something that he didn't want her to know.  The necklace she wears now originally belonged to him, and he never once took it off, for any reason whatsoever.  Being as young as she was, she didn't understand why he always wore it, because he always refused to talk about it.

Her brother would occasionally vanish for a few months, not telling her where he was going, and then come back with word of 'finding' money out there between the stars, and they would have an easy time of it for a few more months, and then he'd vanish again.

This went on for as long as she can remember, until she was 15.  He took off one night, not knowing she was wide awake and following him.  When she saw where he vanished to, her eyes widened in shock.  He was going to a gummi ship the likes of which she had never seen before.

Making her move as he was getting ready, she snuck on board, hiding away from him inside the ship, and when it took off, she felt a pang of guilt, for leaving people behind to worry about her.  But she was tired of wondering where he got that money.

Imagine her surprise when, rather than stopping in space somewhere, they touched down on another one of the many myriad worlds, and her brother left the ship.  She vowed to stay put until he returned, but that vow didn't last long when he didn't come back for four days.

One of the many things he had taught her to do growing up was track things, so leave the ship and track him she did, hunting around the planet looking for him.

She reached him just as a large Nobody lashed him open from shoulder to hip, just before being split in half by a strange looking blade that she knew for a fact he hadn't been carrying when he'd left the ship.  He dropped, and the blade vanished, as he fell face forward in the dirt to the sound of her scream.

She ran to him, cradling him in her arms and bawling her eyes out.  He wasn't quite dead yet, and managed to work out what had been happening, coming clean to her at last.

So it was that she learned of Keyblades, and their power over all the creatures of the Creeping Darkness, and how her family was always capable of weilding one, if they could find one.  He had, a Keyblade by the name of Cerberus.  He had been flying to various planets taking care of the nastier Nobodys and the smaller Heartless for years now, providing for her with his own blood and sweat.

He told her to take his necklace, to take the Gummi Ship, and after burying him, make her own way in the world, using the munny he had managed to save up over the years, which was still stashed in various nooks and crannies in the ship.

With that, he breathed his last, and her heart-wrenching wail was heard halfway across the world she was on.  She buried him as he had asked, and then boarded the Gummi Ship and never looked back.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Xiphon III

Not too late for a warrior character, are we? I'll be a spped based, footwork type guy, who kicks things a lot, if I can get in... any objections?

Yorubi

Um O.o Well I don't think there is any restrictions on anymore joining... though to be honest not quite sure about that description I'd have to see what it is done haha ^^;;

Xiphon III

Alright, I'll work up the skelly, see what you all think. Hm...if a weapon is really recomended(which I suppose it is), could motorized skates work? I'm planning on him being from Air Gear's version of Earth....

Yorubi

Xiphon III

What do you folks think? That ability would also apply to his point values, if that's cool with the GM....and for the song, the chorus fits, the verses fit, and it's the kind of beat he would listen to, as well! It's his theme in all ways.

QuoteName: Liam D'Angelou
Appearance:

Personality: Extremely honorable, he will do anything he thinks is right. He believes that females deserve the highest honor above all, and is quite loyal to his friends. He would do anything for them. In battle, prefers the use of raw speed and maneuverability, rather than power. After all, no need to be able to take a hit, if you can't get get hit. Debilitating Agoraphobia(Fear of crowds) Fluent in both French and English, Conversation Proficient in Japanese.

Home World: Air Gear's version of Earth.

Theme: Not Gonna Get Us-t.A.T.u.
Class: Warrior

Weapon: His skates. They are essentially high powered motorized skates, that build up power in the battery through friction, essentially giving it a limitless charge. When the charge is high enough, the wheels are able to spin with such speed that it can ignite with flames. The skates can also let loose the charge externally, emitting lightning.
Name -The Splitters
[-] Ability Name & Effect - Make Your Choice-All light and dark effects enacted by or on the wielder have a double effect, all other elements have half the effectiveness, both ways as well. Constant ability(support).

Heart System: 7/30, L/D

Background Story: Liam's parents moved him to Japan from France, when his father joined the Research and Development division of an Air Gear production company. Liam became, through his father, the companies unofficial new tester for the company. This meant he was wearing the prototype perpetual skates when the heartless attacked. His world was overrun, but many of the various skating gangs were actually able to escape through the dark portals, being fast enough to actually catch the creatures as they escaped. Many of them have since lost the charge on their skates, excepting those who made it to sufficiently advanced worlds, and the gangs have all but dissolved. Liam ended up in Radiant Gardens, and has been making his living making delivery runs. As far as Liam knows, his family didn't make it out alive, though he has seen some of his old gang skating the Garden's rooftops. Obviously they've found some charge. Among those he's spotted was his best friend since the move, Yumiku Nekozawa, skating away from some Heartless. He was too far away to catch, but it was definitely him. Liam's been here about a week now. He's made it his goal to round up those who survived his world's onslaught, and form a gang back together, to fight this menace.

pendarious

care to explain in more detail what it is the ability does?.....I don't fallow that halfing or doubling damage thing........
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Xiphon III

Quite simply, any attacks of the light or dark elements are twice as effective against him, or when used by him, and all other elements are half as effective, also both ways. As far as the L/D meter goes, it also double the point change. Using post #1's example, that five point murder would give him a ten point shift instead. It basically makes it much harder for him to be neutral, as he is affected much more by light and dark. Also, he won't be using Light or Dark attacks much, just physical, with maybe an elemental here and there, so doubling his attck power shouldn't break him too much. If anything, it's a detriment, because everything else is half as effective.

pendarious

well since youve explained that to me in a way that makes more sense i have no problems with the character......now it's up to the GM