Dark Fae: World End [Still Recruiting...We have cookies!]

Started by Esoteric Myobi, May 27, 2010, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizz

Could I reserve the marked Pentacle human, hopefully getting a profile up later today?

Esoteric Myobi

Thanks for the interest, Fizz! It looks like you're rather new to Elliquiy as well so welcome to the forums! Hopefully it's not too overwhelming.

All profiles need to be approved first, but I don't think you have any competitors so there shouldn't be a problem. I'll be looking forward to seeing your completely character sheet then. ^^

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Esoteric Myobi

Currently searching for:

- Sword Messenger
- Pentacle Marked
- Cup, Pentacle, Wand Minions

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Pretty in Pink

So this is still open?  You had me at Dark Fae.  None of the rest was even necessary!  *Glee*

As for what I'm going to take.....

Uhm... anything marked like so is open right?  That person backed out or whatever?
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Lady Kitsune

Pentacle Marked is open, if that is what you would like to put in for.   :-)

I am working on it, I swear!

Pretty in Pink

WHOOHOO!  *snags, and starts firing out an app*  That's exactly what I wanted!
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

cere

Heyyy...great...another star in the making!  We can compare birthmarks!!

8-)

** Light is life.  Dark is divine!  **
  ~Ons and Offs of import~        ~Away times~

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

Narianna

I would really really like to join this RP. Everything about it from plot to writing ability looks superb. I am fine with playing anything you have in mind. If you would like to let me know what is needed most, I could draw up a profile or 2 for your approval.  :-)

I wouldn't mind playing the sword messenger. I will write up a profile in the meantime. But if you would rather I fill in a minion spot, I could do that as well. It really doesn't matter.  :-)

Esoteric Myobi

Thanks for the interest!

Pretty in Pink: Looking forward to seeing your profile for Pentacle Marked. =)

Narianna: Hmm, well, we do say that if a player feels able, they are free to dual role if they'd like. So technically you could play the Sword Messenger as well as one of the Minions. However, if you'd prefer to only play one character then I'd say to just choose whichever role you prefer more. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Narianna

Wand minion! The perfect idea for a character just popped into my mind! I will try and flesh her out as soon as possible and post a profile.

Narianna

Name: Ariella Corrigan
Race/Symbol: Minion
Weapon/Ability:  Ability

Cloak of Shadows – This ability permits the caster to manipulate the shadows around and inside an object.

Shadow Movement – This permits the caster to move objects with the use of shadows.

Summon Shadow Pet – This permits the caster to summon shadow pets. The shadow pets do the caster’s bidding but their actions and reactions are tied closely to the caster’s thoughts and feelings.

Appearance: Ari didn’t always look like her current true form. She used to have dark vibrant and curly purple hair, with ringlets that bounced when she laughed. Her skin had been a soft pink with a warm glow and her wings are merely a whisper of the fullness of the past. When she cast her magic, a dark purple emblem glowed from the center of her forehead.

Much like her demeanor, her physical attributes have taken a toll in this dark realm. Her wings have depleted, her hair has paled and lost its curl, and her skin has turned an ashen grey. Her forehead is now sealed eternally by a crystal that was smashed into her skull by the Four, trying to temper her magic ability. Her cloak of shadows is no longer so viscous that it can drown, her shadow movement only moves light objects, and she can only call to her presence a single shadow pet.

Personality: Ariella has a “special” personality. She’s a bit quirky and possibly mentally unstable. She’s in her own world most of the time and has a very curious nature.

Biography:  Ari was created from the darkest shadows of Arcadia when the human race was in its infancy. Though she is close, she is not as old as most. She grew up constantly getting in trouble as her curious nature lead her to try many things forbidden to her. Her mental instability was ever present in her as a child and the Four watched her closely as she blossomed into an adult.

One evening Ariella was out playing with her shadows when she came across a small boy near a pond. Ariella drew the shadows up around the boy who shouted in confusion. This made her cock her head curiously and she lifted the boy from the ground, holding him mid-air with her shadows. She moved in closer as the black mist material engulfed the boy and she watched intently as her shadows entered every open orifice on the boy. The boy choked and spurted as the shadows entered his lungs but Ariella just watched on. After awhile, the boy ceased moving, and her intrigue died. She left the hollow shell laying near the pond, neatly groomed, the orifices rimmed in black. Little did Ari know – or care – that the boy had meant something great to one of the Four. That One was so outraged that they attacked Ari with all out ferocity, bashing her skull with a stone, and banishing her forever to the Fifth’s dimension. Ariella fought but it was no use. She wasn’t as strong as one of the Four. But as she fell, she ripped a necklace from the neck of the One that banished her.

True Form                                                               Human Form

cere

Intriguiging profile Nari, well done! If even minions are this powerful then Joel had better get protection...I don't think a keyfob torch would keep the shadows away...nope...unless nuclear powered! :o

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

Narianna

Oh her powers aren't as powerful as they used to be. In her appearance section, it talks about how her powers have been tempered.

Esoteric Myobi

Narianna, Ariella looks to be wonderful fun. =) Looks like Shihong will finally have some company. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Narianna

Yay! Thank you!

Am I correct that this hasn't started yet? I have not read this entire interest thread. Has it started and I've just overlooked it somewhere?

Found it!

Esoteric Myobi

The game is already underway. =) You can find our OOC thread here. Links to the game threads are listed on the first post of the OOC. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Crovonovin

Wonderful, another minion for the pyre prison!   >:)  I'll be sure to get a proper update for Abhoth's realm done soon enough, so that any minions can have a place to fall back to when not in the human world.

TheHangedOne

So, what's everyone's status, if it's not too much to ask?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Narianna

I'm here and hangin around. Just waitin for Abhoth to post in his realm. May venture to the human realm in a bit if I don't hear anything...

cere

Joel is simply going about his normal schedule in the human realm.  Feel free to hop in to his space anytime.

It seems that we are shy of posts that link the realms.

:-\

Starlequin

Well, my character is still sitting in the coffee shop, I suppose. I don't really know what else to do right now, except wait and see where everyone else goes. Unless someone thinks I should, or would like me to, rewrite my last post or create a new one to stir up some more action. Have we heard from Shihong lately, does anyone know if he's ok?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Esoteric Myobi

Unfortunately, I haven't heard from Shihong in a while. I'm assuming he's still busy.

On the other hand, I also haven't heard back from a few other players. Seeing as how I have terrible luck with recruiting, and how it's going to be very difficult to pull off the game with our current cast of "active" participants, I'm afraid that I'm going to be putting this game on hold. I may try to revive and recruit again sometime in the future, but for now all I can say is:

Thank you everyone for participating thus far, your posts have all been wonderful and I'd hate for this to be the last time I read them. Perhaps we'll be able to pick this up again in the future and resume the game. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy E elsewhere!

My most sincere apologies,

Your humble GM - Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Narianna

This makes me sad. It's such a brilliant idea, Myobi, and the posts from players were excellent. I was looking forward to playing with such a high caliber group. I'll be looking forward to continuing this RP in the future.

Loves to all.