News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

I can usually play anytime 4pm and 8pm EST during the week.  It varies on the weekends.  I'm also more willing to play summoner's rift if it's with people I know.

SinXAzgard21

I like to play SR on occasion but I mostly stick with ARAM.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on February 14, 2014, 06:38:28 AM
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/11667

Hexakill incoming!

I'm gonna play it maybe once, I'm not really a big fan of this mode idea.  Just opens up one more person to start raging and trolling.  Four was enough and I could care less that this is a "for fun" mode.   I can't stand ragers and trolls in any game mode.

QueenWolf

I am a huge league of legends fan. Mostly I play Morgana mid but I'm trying to venture out. I love Caitlyn but she's ADC and I dont like that much pressure.
-Work has decided to swamp me, I am going to post as soon as I can, I'm sorry for the delay.

Make her crawl on hands and knees; head bowed and eyes lowered. She'll never remember who she had before, because all she'll remember is Master.

SinXAzgard21

Starting to hate ARAM.  Nothing but trolls, one sided teams and seeing the same champs over and over and over again.  Yi, lux, teemo, ziggs.

Shjade

Yeah, I kinda stopped playing ARAM as much when Riot made the mistake of turning it into a legit matchmaker game mode, thus prompting a whole bunch of people to make ARAM-only accounts with only the "OP" ARAM champs unlocked on them and destroying the whole point of the R in that acronym.

Sigh.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on February 14, 2014, 06:27:19 PM
Yeah, I kinda stopped playing ARAM as much when Riot made the mistake of turning it into a legit matchmaker game mode, thus prompting a whole bunch of people to make ARAM-only accounts with only the "OP" ARAM champs unlocked on them and destroying the whole point of the R in that acronym.

Sigh.

That pretty much sums it up.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on February 14, 2014, 06:27:19 PM

Sigh.
Really?  Seriously.  That's what they did?

Then I'm done.  I'm not downloading or logging into the game ever again.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

Depends on which "they" you're asking about.

Yes, Riot did make ARAM a matchmaker game pick. You can queue up for ARAM like you can normal, dominion, TT and ranked games.

No, not everyone made ARAM-specific accounts with only their favorite ARAM champs unlocked on the account to exploit in ARAM mode.

...but a lot of them did. And, since the matchmaker version of ARAM gives you rerolls, it's also easier to get the champs you really want than it was in custom games. You could argue this is why the custom games were dodged so often (which is true), but since I've seen matchmaker ARAM queues get dodged just as often anyway, it's a moot point.

Long story short, people are dicks. This isn't news.

Oh, addendum: I find it completely stupid that the matchmaker ARAM games don't let you see the enemy team's champions until seconds before the game starts. At least in customs you could see the team you were up against and plan accordingly. There's barely any time to make reaction mastery/rune/summoner spell changes if you need to (like if you see the enemy team has Mundo, Fiddlesticks and Vlad and would like to persuade your team to get at least a couple of ignites in place of barriers to deal with all the healing that's going to be going on, or more than one exhaust to deal with a team that has nasty jump-in assassins, etc.). The only nice thing about it is that you get more IP, but who the hell was playing ARAM for the IP in the first place?
◕/◕'s

apygoos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAjGNEKMBYI
this gentleman, is what we live for. from last night's Korean Master's competition SKT T1S [their B team] vs Incredible Miracle's A team

Shjade

Quote from: apygoos on February 16, 2014, 01:06:41 PM
this gentleman, is what we live for.

...a solid engagement that leads to what looks like a 4 for 3 trade (if Caitlyn chased down the super low health Lucian and Lee Sin at the end of the clip)?

Your bar's set kinda low, isn't it? >.>
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on February 16, 2014, 05:29:02 PM
...a solid engagement that leads to what looks like a 4 for 3 trade (if Caitlyn chased down the super low health Lucian and Lee Sin at the end of the clip)?

I couldn't help but laugh.

apygoos

Quote from: Shjade on February 16, 2014, 05:29:02 PM

well i was talking about the 4 man command shockwave into last breath itself. but if i can get that in soloqueue, fuck man, id be much better off.

QueenWolf

I enjoyed Aram but I agree with you all said about it. I rarely play it because most of the time, I dont know how to play the character and than both teams flip out. It's horrible
-Work has decided to swamp me, I am going to post as soon as I can, I'm sorry for the delay.

Make her crawl on hands and knees; head bowed and eyes lowered. She'll never remember who she had before, because all she'll remember is Master.

SinXAzgard21

I have all chat off... Lowered my rage for this game by about 90%.

QueenWolf

See, the opposite team's never been a problem for me. It's my team that usually enrage me.

SinXAzgard21

I tend to start muting people after about the first craptastic comment.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 17, 2014, 01:28:36 PM
I have all chat off... Lowered my rage for this game by about 90%.

Can you set it to permanently be off in options/settings?

Shjade

Pretty sure you can, yeah. I forget where the option is though.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on February 18, 2014, 05:32:05 AM
Can you set it to permanently be off in options/settings?

Yeah, don't know where it is in the new effing menu.... I hate the new set up.

Chaosfox

Ah League I love this game...... actually I love Mobas While I still play league I have branched out into some other games.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chaosfox on February 21, 2014, 07:03:38 PM
Ah League I love this game...... actually I love Mobas While I still play league I have branched out into some other games.

I've tried smite and Dota 2...  Both are horrible in my opinion.  Dota more so with its full screen UI.

Shjade

I have to agree about Dota 2's UI. I kept clicking on the minimap or portraits or other things when just trying to run toward the bottom of the screen. -.-
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on February 21, 2014, 08:41:32 PM
I have to agree about Dota 2's UI. I kept clicking on the minimap or portraits or other things when just trying to run toward the bottom of the screen. -.-

UI the game.