The Doves' Talons (Star Wars FFG) [Closed]

Started by TheFourthShade, March 15, 2018, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annaamarth

Ons/Offs

My sins are pride, wrath and lust.

ShadowFox89

For backgrounds, I imagine Laeli was about 14 or 15 when the Theeban massacre happened. Only a Padawan at the time, she would have left the order a few years later after fighting her sister. If anyone wants a background connection, either during that time or after she left the order and took up teaching.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Annaamarth

You took up teaching- what did you teach?  Did you work with xenology, archeology, geological or planetary survey?  Rabme spend a couple of years on academic expeditions in the past few and you might have seen her on the Outer Rim- or even just seen her holopicts.  She likes documenting critters.

Of course, you might have also heard about her fall from grace after delivering a wampa to a hutt to be stuffed- or turned into a Hutt-sized coat.  Stories differ.
Ons/Offs

ShadowFox89

Laeli currently teaches mechanics in a small town on Alderaan, building and repairing on commission as a side gig.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

Just wanted to remind everyone that I'll be returning home tomorrow, and that if you need any help with your characters feel free to ask me, so we can get everything sorted out quick.

Annaamarth

I have a question- I took the +5 Obligation for +5 XP.  Should I have taken instead the -5 Duty, or should I take both for the +5 xp?

Also, directed at everyone- I did not optimize my character build.  Should I optimize it more for an additional attribute point, or will my build be acceptable?  As an additional question, would it be worth losing 5xp in order to get bonus credits to put towards and AWESOME rifle, instead of the perfectly adequate slugthrower I have now?
Ons/Offs

TheFourthShade

You can't take both, but if we have less than six successful applicants you could sacrifice ten duty for what you want.

My opinion on the rifle situation is as follows:

A slugthrower is perfectly adequate, but many of the situations you might end up using the rifle in might involve that first shot being very, very important.
The extra damage a better rifle might do might be the difference between great success and needing to confirm a kill.

Annaamarth

To clarify, +5 xp causing BOTH a -5 to duty and a +5 to obligation.  As in, the one upgrade affects both tracks negatively.  I wasn't trying to double up on rewards :-)
Ons/Offs

TheFourthShade

Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

Characters are only using Duty, so that's a non-issue.

ReijiTabibito

GM, question.  Do we need to roll on the table for our Motivations and Duty triggers or no?

TheFourthShade

You may if you wish, but you can choose if you don't want to roll.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Annaamarth

I think Rabme's sheet is finalized as well.

Acknowledging 'Shades advice, I reallocated starting XP significantly, and instead of +5 xp from -Duty, I took +1000Cr and bought a FANCY RIFLE.  Which is, I think, appropriate for a big-game hunter.  That and the holopicter, for documenting things.

She's intended to be sort of an armed photojournalist (or, I guess, holojournalist).
Ons/Offs

clonkertink

Vo is also ready. Didn’t really feel like anything needed much changing.

TheFourthShade

So that's three that are ready so far.  Barring some serious mistakes or problems that I haven't seen, I'm fine with Vo, Rabme, and Laeli.

So, those three are approved.  I'll approve a maximum of three more.  I believe more people had finished character sheets, but I'd like a confirmation that you're still interested/are done before I move ahead with accepting more.

For now:
Character Sheets
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286356.0

OOC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286357.0

Arcanist

Hi Fourshade,
Yes still interested. Basics of character there, just need to adjust the Duty and a bit of the history.

Will appreciate any feedback.
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Annaamarth

Arcanist- Your character seems heavy on skills, light on attributes- this is not optimal, but otherwise seems fine as long as it's the character you want to play.

You may want to repost and rewrite your character's background from scratch, including the links you and I share, with the object of the background being "Have Wall on Alderaan and in a position to be recruited into the senator's team."
Ons/Offs

Arcanist

Modified and revised.
Would appreciate a look see please.
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Guancyto

Oh yeah, I'm still interested.

Shash is technically done, but I might want to scrap him and make something else, though...

TheFourthShade

Arcanist,  Guancyto, you're both approved.  Sorry it took me so long, it's been one of those weeks.

That's going to be a wrap on this interest check thread.  Please move to the OOC to discuss things and post your finished character sheets in the character sheet thread.

ReijiTabibito

TheFourthShade