Any way to delete my account on here?

Started by Charlemagne, June 04, 2018, 01:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlemagne

I haven't been active and just want to delete it, although I haven't been able to find a link to do so like on other websites.

Thanks.

Oniya

We don't delete accounts, but you can message any Staff member to put the account on Hiatus - this locks it down to keep it secure.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Charlemagne

Do you at least offer name changes? Rebrands?

I feel as if my messages showing interest in a roleplay are ignored because a user's post history is open to everyone, which shows a lengthy time of inactivity which most people here find unnattractive when looking for a story. And with the lengthy application time to become a member here, it feels a tad unfair that I'm being judged before anyone has seen an improvement in writing.

Amaris

They do offer one name change, but truly I've seen lots of people take breaks and come back and have no issue with finding roleplays despite their post history. I don't think you'll be judged at all and if you end up running into an issue where someone is being disrespectful then that can always be taken to staff.

Oniya

We do allow members to have a name change, but that will still have your post history attached to it.  If I might suggest, one way to get those improvements visible and 'up front' in your post history would be to put up some solo writing samples in the Storytelling Forum, or participate in some of the various writing prompts around the site.  We have a 'Word of the Day' thread, as well as the 'Storytellers' Cafe' and a 'Daily Writing Prompt' that provide starters.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Charlemagne

Oniya

Drop me a PM with the name you'd like, and I'll see if it's available.

Iejir

Quote from: ItsOzone on June 04, 2018, 01:28:28 PM
Do you at least offer name changes? Rebrands?

I feel as if my messages showing interest in a roleplay are ignored because a user's post history is open to everyone, which shows a lengthy time of inactivity which most people here find unnattractive when looking for a story. And with the lengthy application time to become a member here, it feels a tad unfair that I'm being judged before anyone has seen an improvement in writing.

Quote from: Amaris on June 04, 2018, 01:46:40 PM
They do offer one name change, but truly I've seen lots of people take breaks and come back and have no issue with finding roleplays despite their post history. I don't think you'll be judged at all and if you end up running into an issue where someone is being disrespectful then that can always be taken to staff.

I will echo what Amaris said here. I recently came back from an eight-year on and off period of absence and over the last two months I've reconnected with old writing partners, started new stories with a number of new acquaintances and friends.

You're not always going to get a hit when it comes to new writing partners and that's okay! There are a number of factors that go into how someone decides if you're the right partner for them and often times they have to do that based on that one PM you send.

Since I'm not in your PMs I can't offer any direct feedback regarding your interest pings and I'm not implying it is you at all. But if you believe you're not receiving responses to your interests perhaps it might be worth considering changing up your messaging. I do believe I remember seeing a couple of threads from the staff talking about what to be mindful of and what to take into account when reaching out to people to help them get a holistic impression of how you would be as a writing partner.

Also, regarding being judged before anyone has seen an improvement in your writing, if you don't have any recent posts that potential partners can prowl through when trying to make an assessment, the best way to catch them up to speed on your writing now is to send a writing sample. That puts your current writing right in front of them (doesn't hurt to make make the writing sample build off the idea they crave and that you want to write with them, either).

RedPhoenix

I was a terrible writer when I first joined. My only experience RPing was in yahoo chat rooms, and it was basically one line cyber. I didn't fit in right away and was barely active for three years. I came back though, and found a lot of people willing to give me a chance.

If you make a thread or an o/o or something, don't be shy about saying you know you've gotten better and asking people not to judge you on ancient history. A lot of people will give you a chance. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Mellific

I've had the personal privilege of writing with you, and I would gladly do it again, without hesitation.

I'm sure many others will feel the same way once you make a request thread and an updated O/O. Please reach out to me for help if you need it, I don't mind at all. You're a wonderful writer - sometimes it just takes getting your name out there a little more by being involved in socializing threads or writing sections (the Forum, the Cafe, as Oniya mentioned), or reaching out to others who have request threads up.

Not every writing partner will work out, but that doesn't mean you should take it personally or that it has anything to do with your skills as a writer. I know it can be daunting and difficult, especially when you've had a few bad experiences of games not lasting or people disappearing. But not everyone here is like that. Don't let a couple of bad experiences push you away.

You're a wonderful writer, and it would be our pleasure to have more of your words posted here. :3

O/O | A/A | MM

Charlemagne

Thanks for the support, everyone.

As for name changing, I don't think I will.

I have some short intros to stories I wrote simply for my own pleasure, so I'll see about posting them as a sample. And I'll probably have to take a few hours and really get a new O/O set up, because my tastes have drastically changed in past months.

Mirrah

Those sound like great ideas. :-) Feel free to post them to the Storytelling section, and don't hesitate to add a link to your O/Os in your signature for them to be easily found by others. (Though to be honest, my links in my signature are to make things easier for me, most of the time. ::))

Good luck on finding lots of new stories, and happy writing!
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?