Another question...

Started by Mithlomwen, December 20, 2013, 10:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithlomwen

Since I am technologically challenged, I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. 

I've been getting the busy or unresponsive script with shockwave for a while now.  Tried to uninstall and reinstall it.  Didn't help.  But another issue I'm having is that my computer is taking forever to load pages, especially if it contains videos. 

I've run a virus scan, a malware scan, refraged and nothing seems to be helping.  I have no earthly idea what needs done.  I pull up my task manager and there will be an updater program taking up a lot of CPU.  But even when I end that program it is still slow. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Autumn Sativus

Have you checked your internet speed?
www.speedtest.net

It may be a slowdown with your network, if you're not having issues with anything other than page loading. Does it freeze up trying to open programs or just webpages?
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Vekseid

Quote from: Mithlomwen on December 20, 2013, 10:54:38 AM
Since I am technologically challenged, I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. 

I've been getting the busy or unresponsive script with shockwave for a while now.  Tried to uninstall and reinstall it.  Didn't help.  But another issue I'm having is that my computer is taking forever to load pages, especially if it contains videos. 

I've run a virus scan, a malware scan, refraged and nothing seems to be helping.  I have no earthly idea what needs done.  I pull up my task manager and there will be an updater program taking up a lot of CPU.  But even when I end that program it is still slow.

What's the name of the program? Or post a screenshot?