Necromancer, A Modern Arthurian (Interest Check)

Started by The Dark Raven, March 19, 2015, 02:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

In the exodus of the Romans from the British Isles, there left a dearth of power when the remaining tribes fell upon one another, struggling to find who would reign supreme among them.  One, a Briton by the name of Arthur, dreamed of a peace everlasting, to rival even that of the Pax Romana and fought the Saxons and Kentishmen alike, to bring his own people to power.  For a time, he was successful, reigning over a mini-Golden Age, hosting tournaments and acting as patron to his knights who journeyed on the quest for the Holy Grail. 

But the hearts of men were not so easily pacified, lending to distrust and jealousy, his own knights turning against him.  His most trusted Lancelot seduced his queen, Guinevere, while other knights had their foibles as well.  Tristan seduced his uncle's wife, Isolde, while Mordred journeyed away only to return to fight him at the Battle of Camlann, where both met their end.  The great dream of Albion went with them, buried on the Isle of Avalon, where rumor said Arthur would be healed and return when Britain most needed him.

Poets and historians alike kept the dream alive, as word of the man and his deeds passed from tangible truth to hazy myth and stories told to children.  Tournaments were held in the style of Arthur by kings seeking to tie their own reign to the golden age of Arthur, and perhaps their own claim to his rumored lands.  Artists in the Victorian age romanticized the legends, painting series of works on the subject and sparking the fire once more.  The fire could not go out if one remembered the deeds...

Now, with the upheaval of the world, hope is fading and with it the dreams of man.  But as the world seeks to tear itself apart, magic is reawakening and so are the souls of the lost, waiting for Arthur's return.

Setting:  New Orleans, 2017.
Rating:  Extreme

Extra information here.  Game threads are up, besides IC threads.

If interested, pop me a message below.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

rotburn

Showing interest.
You've done a lot of work on this, I checked out the other links and it looks superb.
Is it going to end up like an action/adventure?
Are there mortal enemies or is it a wait for Arthur to keep mankind from collapsing?

Bibliophilia

I'm noting my interest, as well.

I have so many questions, but I imagine most will be answered, eventually.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: rotburn on March 19, 2015, 03:43:41 PM
Is it going to end up like an action/adventure?

After some setup, yes.

Are there mortal enemies or is it a wait for Arthur to keep mankind from collapsing?

A little bit of both.

QuoteI have so many questions, but I imagine most will be answered, eventually.

Ask away!

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Faustus

Oh, Daylily! This is beautiful!

You have all my interest.

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

rotburn

Well that sounds especially neat  8-)

If you need a Mordred, I would love to put a character sheet together.
My second choice would be Lancelot if you already have player for Mordred.

Bruja

You have my Interest my dearest!!! I would love to play Merlin as a woman...

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Faustus on March 19, 2015, 03:52:24 PM
Oh, Daylily! This is beautiful!

You have all my interest.

h/t

QuoteIf you need a Mordred, I would love to put a character sheet together.
My second choice would be Lancelot if you already have player for Mordred.

Actually I'm looking for a Mordred.  Lancelot was taken in planning stages. :)

QuoteYou have my Interest my dearest!!! I would love to play Merlin as a woman...

Will nab you to plot.

The Dark Raven

Don't forget! 

When you claim an analogue, don't forget to tell me a faceclaim as well. :)

Faustus

Question: How many characters may an individual potentially play in this game?

Also, may I please place Percival on hold with a faceclaim of James McAvoy? c:

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Faustus on March 19, 2015, 04:05:30 PM
Question: How many characters may an individual potentially play in this game?

Also, may I please place Percival on hold with a faceclaim of James McAvoy? c:

Done.

Answer: For now, one each, but I'm not averse to a few extras once we get enough interest or plotbunnies floating around.

Bibliophilia

Are the characters aware of the entirety of their past when their souls awaken, or does awareness of their past life come upon them gradually?

Are there any other big changes to the world, aside from New Orleans being half under water?  Where was Avalon?  Does the location still exist in the current world?

Will old rivalries still exist?  Will you be incorporating Arthurian quests into the story?

rotburn

Hunting for that Mordred faceclaim. <3
You all thinking he's a medium height, dark haired, young troublemaker?
Or a tall, dark personality, gruff jaded type this time around?

Bibliophilia

May I place Tristan on hold with Ruby Rose as the face claim?

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 19, 2015, 04:10:17 PM
May I place Tristan on hold with Ruby Rose as the face claim?

Done.

QuoteHunting for that Mordred faceclaim. <3
You all thinking he's a medium height, dark haired, young troublemaker?
Or a tall, dark personality, gruff jaded type this time around?

Up to you. ;)

QuoteAre the characters aware of the entirety of their past when their souls awaken, or does awareness of their past life come upon them gradually?
QuoteBasically, the premise is that these characters are reincarnated into modern bodies? Were they always aware that they were these people or will they have some realization suddenly down the line?

Depends on how you want to play it, really.  Some will be fully awoken, some partially, some not at all yet.

Regarding reincarnation:  that's the idea.

QuoteAre there any other big changes to the world, aside from New Orleans being half under water?  Where was Avalon?  Does the location still exist in the current world?

I'm thinking that it is a pseudo-dystopian type idea, almost in the vein of Logan's Run, where the few that survive whatever the cataclysmic event was, happened to converge on New Orleans.  Or at least that is where our slice of civilization is.

Avalon was in the British Isles, but is as we know it today.  Lost, despite much searching.

QuoteWill old rivalries still exist?  Will you be incorporating Arthurian quests into the story?

Old rivalries may exist, if enemies are both in an awakened state.  There are some over-arching ideas that are going to be brought to bear, but those are possibilities for Big Plots, so I'm not revealing those quite yet until we have the characters needed.

Quests will be a big part of the Big Plots, with their own twist. ;)

rotburn

Lookout~
Mordred faceclaim <3

Mordred

Ian Somehalder

The Dark Raven

Aiden

Lancelot checking in!

You can find me on the mumble or yahoo, those who have it. Any other plottings can be done by PM.

Hell I don't know where to start yet myself!

Bibliophilia

Oh!  One more question, are the characters from Arthurian legend that you don't have listed actually available for play?  I'm just wondering if there's a chance Isolde will show up at some point.

la dame en noir

Holy moly

this sounds almost exactly like my table top game that I had to make for Game Design - it was a futuristic/modern take on Merlin(and the fables).

Really cool.

Good luck! :3
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 19, 2015, 05:09:40 PM
Oh!  One more question, are the characters from Arthurian legend that you don't have listed actually available for play?  I'm just wondering if there's a chance Isolde will show up at some point.

That is covered in game information, yes.  There are only a few women listed, but I was working with the knights for the listing.

Xurtan

Potential interest as a male Morgana, but a couple of questions. Can we get an example of skills/weaknesses? Abilities? In the case of Morgana, would 'Magic' be an 'Ability', or a 'Skill'. It might be innate, but if it's learned.. Beyond that, assuming one is 'Awakened' is it merely knowledge that they were this person, or actual memories? If memories, how detailed? 

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Xurtan on March 19, 2015, 07:21:22 PM
Potential interest as a male Morgana, but a couple of questions. Can we get an example of skills/weaknesses? Abilities? In the case of Morgana, would 'Magic' be an 'Ability', or a 'Skill'. It might be innate, but if it's learned.. Beyond that, assuming one is 'Awakened' is it merely knowledge that they were this person, or actual memories? If memories, how detailed?

Morgana is taken.

I have determined that abilities are innate, skills are learned.

Regarding memories and their awakenings, that is covered farther up in the thread.

CurvyKitten

I have no idea who I'd play but totally interested!

The Dark Raven