News:

Main Menu

This depresses me..

Started by Transgirlenstein, September 05, 2009, 11:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Well, you really can't argue the fact that 'sticks and rocks by the old ravine' (or whatever they really played with) would be less regulated than what we played with.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nimmy

Quote from: Michi No Sora on September 08, 2009, 05:22:37 AM
We had one of those jungle gyms. Ours was a dome shaped one.

We also had real see-saws. The kind where you 'pop' people up on and they slam back down and if they are a guy they get that funny face and fall off it...>.>

OH! And the slider things. The big bar with the sliding rail on it that if you jerked yourself in the middle of it and let go it would go slamming into the other side and possibly hit the other kid's hands...>.>

And swing sets that you could fling your self off of and go sliding into the woodchips after attempting to land on your feet...>.>

And the merry go rounds that if you spun it fast enough it might fall off the axis or possibly fling someone off it...>.>

How did I survive?!

... THE SLIDERS! :D I had one of those!

.... until they chained it up when I was in 4th grade and the bars they slid on served no more purpose. I recently went back to my elementary school playground and discovered that they had replaced the sliders with more monkey bar-type things (like we need more), had gotten rid of the tether balls (someone probably whacked themselves in the face with one - I did it on occasion) and we used to have a set of 3 chains running across the gap between two of our wooden platforms that you could walk across (they had chains wrapped in rubber to use as handholds)... that no longer exists. Nor do the parallel bars that used to exist too.

... They have completely ruined the fun of "Don't touch the ground" tag for the new generation. SERIOUSLY.

Serephino

I remember blacktops.  I fell off a slide in 1st grade and landed face first.  I learned the hard way that rules for propper use of playground equipment  existed for a reason, and falling 7ft and landing face first on blacktop really hurts.  Fortunately my nose healed just fine and isn't crooked. 

I remember when we weren't allowed to play dodge ball anymore.  Then we got new playground equipment. 

Each generation probably does get more and more spoiled, but it's getting ridiculous.  My boyfriend said something about Barney being taken off the air because he hugged little kids and therefore is a child molester.  The world has become way too paranoid.   

Oniya

Barney is an embarrassment to T. rexes everywhere.  Unless he's lulling those kids into a false sense of security so he can eat them.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nimmy

Barney. *shudders* I think I sped through that phase and went for Thomas the Tank Engine.

Is that still around?