The brains rattling and now has a list of ideas (M/F)

Started by SassyB, June 01, 2015, 06:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SassyB

Hi

I am just going to jump straight to the ideas that are currently floating about my head, since I'm sure you will read my O/O's and look at my posts and all the stalker things we do before sending a PM.    All ideas are basic to allow discussions, plotting, scheming,  to create something we will both enjoy, they are also my opening thoughts, doesn't mean the story has to end after the initial idea is done.   

Writing Prompts - These are all opening posts, where the stories are headed is still up for discussion, and the opening posts aren’t set in stone, merely some ideas that wouldn’t go away until I wrote them down.   
Prompt 1
He hated being late.  Christopher Daniels pulled open the door to the bar that he had agreed to meet ***** in, glancing at his watch at the same time.   Ten minutes late to be precise.  Running his fingers through his damp black hair, he walked in and paused to look around for his date.  Crystal blue eyes scanned the room, except instead of finding the woman he was looking for, his eyes were drawn to all the brightly coloured furnishings.  Well could it be called furnishings since most of the seats looked like they belonged on the rides of a carnival  Well this was different.  Giving him the impression that **** was a little quirky.  He wasn’t sure how he felt about that, quirky could go either way.  He looked around the room again, searching for the face he had been looking at in the little profile picture for the last week or so, but didn’t see her anywhere.  He glanced at his watch again, had she given up on him already?    With a sigh he walked over to the bar, got himself a whisky and then sat in one of the booths.

It was Sarah’s fault he was late in the first place.  His sister was meant to have come over around dinner time to watch the kids, except he’d been putting the twins in the bath when she had finally turned up.  Sarah was a bit of a whirlwind, breezing in with "Sorry I know I’m late, I got caught up at work."  Nudging him out of the way she’d hunkered down beside the bathtub, reaching out to tickle the two little girls who were already splashing about in the bath, with delight.  She looked up at him with eyes much the same colour as his own "Shoo, go get ready, I’ve got this."  Fifteen minutes later he had emerged from his bedroom, showered and wearing a pair of Levis, a white shirt, a grey blazer and brown lace up shoes.  "Co-ordinated, the belt goes with the shoes." Sarah had teased him from the doorway of the bathroom, as the girls ran across the hall with their hooded towels wrapped around them. 

"I’m not sure about this." He said, not about his outfit but the whole dating thing.  He wasn’t sure if he was ready for this yet.  It had been Sarah who had talked him into signing up for the dating website, he’d been under the influence of a few too many beers that night, when she had pulled out his laptop and sat with him setting up the profile.  He hadn’t been expecting much from it, and in truth over the last few weeks he’d been on the site, he’d exchanged some messages with three women, and he wasn’t sure if he wanted more than that, until ***** suggested they meet face to face.   

"It’s been nearly three years Chris, go meet the woman, have a few drinks.   It will do you some good to get out and be yourself, rather than being dad."  Sarah gave him an encouraging smile.

And that was how he now found himself sitting in a carnival themed bar, wondering if his tardiness had resulted in his date leaving already, or if he was being stood up.  He glanced at his phone, lying on the table beside his glass.  They should have exchanged numbers, he could have at least then told her he was running late.  Looking at his watch again, he decided to wait until he finished his drink and if she hadn’t shown up by then, he’d head home.    Dating had never been this complicated before, had it?  His fingers went through his hair again, he never thought at thirty eight he’d be a widow, father of three and trying to get back in the dating game. 

The front door banging, drew his attention, and he looked round as a woman stumbled in with the wind and rain blowing in with her.  A slight smiled tugged at his lips as he recognised her from her profile picture.  It was a smile of relief he hadn’t been stood up, as he wasn’t sure he could enduring admitting that to anyone.  His smile turned to amusement as he watched her tug down the hem of her little black dress and fingered her hair into some semblance of order.   As she approached, he slid from the booth, pocketing his phone as he did so, and stood, all six foot four of him, as she gave him an awkward smile and a wave.  Maybe she was as nervous as he was about this date, she’d come across as confident and bold over the few messages they had exchanged.  Then again it might have just been the confidence of being hidden behind a screen. 

"Hello ******."  He greeted her with a warm smile.  "It’s nice to finally meet you.  What can I get you to drink?" he asked, lightly touching her elbow as he held out his hand in a gesture for her to take a seat.   Something was telling him that she need a drink to settle her nerves as much as he did, and maybe she’d then let go of the hem of her dress.    It was a lovely dress, it moulded to her figure perfectly, from what he could see of it from beneath the jacket she wore.  Not that he stared, he kept his eyes focused on hers, as he didn’t want to come across as a letch.  Sarah complained about letches all the time, he definitely wasn't one of those.
Prompt 2
High school reunion.   It was hard to believe it was only ten years since she’d left, it felt like a lifetime ago.   A lot had happened in the intervening years.  University, a career, falling in love, getting engaged and being jilted the day before wedding.   The twenty eight year old curled her hair with her straighteners.  Hair now a silver colour with pale pink and lilac highlights underneath, another recent change as part of her recovery from heartbreak.   The other being coming back to her hometown after being away for the last six years.   After qualifying as an elementary teacher, her first position had taken her across country.   

But after Liam had left her she hadn’t been able to stay where she was so she had returned home to lick her wounds.   She’d been back six months and now taught at her old elementary school.   Her childhood best friend had been excited to have her back, and had been instrumental in her recovery.   It was due to the bubbly redhead she was now getting ready for her ten year reunion.  Initially she hadn’t wanted to go, but Melanie was on the reunion committee and wasn’t about to let her best friend get out of going.   

Nora Campbell looked at herself in the mirror, her long hair, with subtle coloured highlights, framed her face.  Crystal blue eyes staring back at her.   She gave a little sigh before standing.   The cobalt blue, one shoulder cocktail dress hugged her figure and skimmed just above her knees.   Low heeled black shoes adorned her feet.  At five foot eight, she was taller than most women, and often a similar height to the men around her.  She lifted a dark grey knitted shawl, draping it over her shoulders, before lifting her purse and headed out the door.   

Driving into her old school car park, Nora felt butterflies in the pit of her stomach.  Other than Melanie, she hadn’t kept in touch with her childhood friends, they’d all drifted once they’d all gone off to college or uni.   It also felt a little weird being back here.   When Melanie has told her about the reunion she’d asked why it was being held at the school and not in a hotel function suite.  Apparently the committee had decided the old school gym was nostalgic of all school dances of the past.  She got out the car and stood for a moment, a flood of memories washing over her.  All good memories, even though at the time it had seemed like a chore at times. 

There were others heading inside, none that she recognised.  She wished she’d tagged along with Melanie and her husband Nate, so she didn’t have to walk in alone,  but Melanie had arrived earlier to make sure everything was ready.  Her friend was an organisational manic and would have made sure everything was as it should be before the guests arrived.     Nora headed into the building and through the corridors, more memories of her time here coming back to her.   Outside the gym was a table with an array of name badges for everyone.  It didn’t take her long to find hers and she pinned it to her dress as she entered the gym.   

It was done up the way it was always done up for school dances, although there were also boards around the room with photographs from their final year book as well as personal pictures people had sent in.   Nora stood just inside the entrance taking it all in, and scanning the crowd for a familiar face.   

“Mademoiselle, I have been instructed to find you and ensure you do not become a wallflower all evening.”  A male voice said from beside her. 

She turned and smiled at Nate as he offered her his arm, tucking her hand into the crook of his elbow she asked.  “Where is our little busy body?” 

“I have no idea.”  He chuckled “I lost sight of her about half an hour ago and have been loitering waiting for you to keep me company since you are the only other person I know here.” 

Melanie and Nate had met at University. Melanie had been studying travel and tourism, with plans to travel the world once she graduated and Nate had been studying civil engineering.  Melanie was now a travel agent and Nate worked in construction.   The two of them were still as besotted with each other as they had been when they met.  It was sickly sweet watching them sometimes, and in truth Nora felt a little jealous that she didn’t have anyone who loved her as much as Nate loved Melanie. 

Nate guided her straight to the drinks table, and for once it wasn’t all soft drinks.  Nora knew how much work had been involved to get a drinks licence for the night, Melanie had told her.  Nor were the drinks free.   All money raised tonight was being put towards the schools funds to upgrade equipment.   There was a raffle as well as a date auction later on in the evening.   Melanie had teased Nora, when she revealed the details of the auction, that she could finally get a date with Marcus Mackenzie.  Nora’s crush back in high school.  He’d been a bit of a bad boy back in the day.  Did karate, rode a motorcycle, smoked and always had a string of girls in his wake.   Nora had never said a single word to him, she’d admired him from afar.   Apparently he was still single and had agreed to be sold off to the highest bidder for a date.  Nora had no intentions on bidding on anyone.  She wasn’t quite ready to start dating again, even though according to Melanie the only way she was going to get over Liam was by getting under another man.

After Nate bought her a glass of rose wine they circled the room, a few people stopping her to say hi.  Nora only recognising some of them by their name tags.  Others she couldn’t remember at all, but they remembered her.  She made small talk with them nonetheless, as if she did remember them.   Questions like “What do you do now?”  And “Got any kids?” Was a common theme so no one really noticed she had no idea who they were.  They had just bumped into her childhood sweetheart, James Riley, and his very pregnant wife when Melanie found them. 

“Sorry to interrupt, but can I borrow Nora for a few minutes?”  Melanie latched onto her friends arm and pulled her aside with “I need your help.” 

“What’s up?”  Nora asked. 

“Sally Miller pulled out of the auction, she’s apparently dating some girl she met online and doesn’t want to jeopardise the relationship.  I need you to take her place.” 

“Mel, no!”  Nora protested “I don’t want to go out on a date.”

“You need to get back out there.  Liam’s not coming back.” 

“I don’t want him back.”  Nora muttered and she meant it.  Days after he told her he couldn’t marry her, Nora would have taken Liam back, but she knew now it was best they hadn’t gotten married as it wouldn’t have worked out.  Even if cancelling the wedding at the last minute had been an upheaval and she’d been devastated.  It still didn’t mean she was ready to start dating again. 

“It’s just dinner with a friend.”  Melanie countered. 

Although Melanie protested she wasn’t doing it, ninety minutes later she found herself standing on the makeshift stage, under a spotlight.  She was the last to be auctioned.  She had met Marcus Mackenzie while she’d been waiting on the sidelines.  He hadn’t been anywhere near  as handsome looking as she had once thought, and he came across as a bit of an ass.   Bidding had been a bit slow, but he’d eventually been sold for fifty dollars. 

Nate had taken pity on Nora and promised to bid on her, after finding out the predicament his wife had put her in.  She’d pay him back, and he could take Melanie out instead.   She pasted on a smile as Mrs Graham, the school principal and Nora’s old maths teacher, announced her.  “Last up is Nora Campbell.  This is a special auction, not only is Nora available for one date, but she’s available for a date every week for a month.  Dig deep people.” 

Wait! What?  She hadn’t agreed to four dates, she’d barely agreed to one.  Blue eyes searched out and zeroed in on her friend.  Melanie stood next to Nate, holding onto his arm as she gave Nora an innocent little wave.    Nate gave Nora an apologetic shrug, indicating he couldn’t get her out of this.  Most of the auctionees, ten in total,  had gone for between fifty and one hundred dollars.  Nora blinked as she reached two hundred dollars and the bidding continued.  With the spotlight in her face, she couldn’t really see those beyond three rows back from the stage to see who was bidding.  And even then her gaze narrowed in on Melanie.  She better know how to run in those spikes heels she wore because Nora was going to murder her as soon as she got off this stage.

Prompt 3
Alexandra White was firing off instructions to her team when her “boss” arrived.  Harry McKinnon was actually the Governor and Alex's team was a special law enforcement agency SCSO (Silver City Special Ops) set up to tackle high profile crime and terrorist threats within the district.    Only moments ago the team of five had been mobilised for a kidnapping which had just happened. 

“The local's are going to send through the GPS for the phone used to make the call.” Harry announced, as the large screen at the end of the ops room came alive with a map and started tracking the vehicle.

“We'll get there quicker with the chopper.” Alex stated after only watching the dot on the screen for a few seconds.  The kidnappers were driving along a rural road, a road that would soon turn into dirt track and off to some remote building in the middle of no where.  “Steve your with me,” the five foot eight blonde ex marine called out to the new guy on the team as she grabbed her flak jacket and shrugged it on. 

“Just two of you?” Harry asked alarmed “This one's important Alex, ***** is the son of a close friend.  This is personal, its not the first attempt just the first successful one.”

Alex hadn't heard a thing past *****.  Her heart literally skipped a beat.  Of course she knew who the high flying executive was, anyone living in the district of Silver City knew who he was, but Alex knew him more personally.  As her husband.  Legally anyway, she hadn't seen him in years. Her marine training was enough not to betray her emotions as she just nodded and headed out the door with her sharp shooter. 

Up on the roof Alex climbed into the pilots seat of one of the two helicopter kept by SCSO, the one she picked looked like an ordinary pleasure helicopter taking tourists out on tours.   It meant they would be able to get close to the fleeing car without calling too much attention to themselves.  Fifteen minutes air time and they could see the dust cloud the kidnappers car was kicking up.   Flying over the car, Alex dropped down low and tried to force the car to stop when it didn't she instructed Steve to shoot out the tyres before she landed the helicopter. 

A brief fire fight broke out between them and the two kidnappers, Steve taking one out quickly and Alex injuring the other.  With Steve covering the injured man Alex walked slowly towards the car peering inside to make sure there were no surprise kidnappers lurking or even *****.  Walking around to the back of the car she popped the trunk and looked down at her very dishevelled and disoriented looking husband.

“You always did have a unique way of getting a girls attention *****, but this is a little drastic even for you.'' She stated holstering her firearm and then took her pen knife from her utility belt to cut the cable tie binding his hands before him.
Prompt 4
The Stone's Throw was your typical sports bar.  Long mahogany wood bar, giant screen on the far wall with smaller screens suspended from the ceiling and a few pool tables in the back.  And on a Friday night it was teaming with sports fans. 

The soft tap of boot heels herald the arrival of another customer, not that the noise was actually heard over the buzz of the crowd.  Amy-Leigh Thomson stood in the entrance of the bar, a denim covered hip cocked slightly to the left as hazel eyes scanned the crowd.  It had been one hell of week, one hell of a month in fact, but the last week had just been crazy and she couldn't tell you how many towns she had been in.  Now she just wanted some fun and to forget all about it. 

Her gaze swept the room again, seeking that familiar face.   ***** hadn't been at his apartment which was where she had headed as soon as she had finished for the weekend, and unless he was on a date or something this was the second place she expected to find him.  God she hoped she didn't have to cock block him, it wasn't something she'd ever done before but she would do it tonight.  She needed him.  That's if he was talking to her that was.  He'd called a couple of weeks ago needing to talk, but being in the middle of the mess she had promised to call him back.  She hadn't.

Heading over to the bar, the twenty nine year old, ordered a couple of beers and a couple of shots before spotting her quarry down the other end.  He was propping the bar up, chatting to some guys and since he had his back to her he hadn't seen her.  Paying for her drinks, she downed one of the shots, feeling the liquid heat slither down her, before grabbing the other glass and beers to head down the far side. 

Slipping onto the bar stool behind him Amy-Leigh shrugged out of her leather jacket, laying it across the bar to her other side at the same puffing out a breath to blew a violet strand of hair out of her face.  Then pushed one beer and the shot glass past his elbow, just enough for him to catch them out the corner of his eyes and to announce her presence, before lifting her own beer and and taking a sip. 

General Story Idea Ideas that are just floating about my head. 
Ideas that pop into my head.

Story Idea - Mistaken Identity
MC was dating a guy in college, and one night after a party she ends up slipping into bed with him, intent on losing her virginity.  Except at the crucial moment, the lights come on and her boyfriends standing in the doorway.  Who has she been getting hot and frisky with?  The boyfriends twin.

I kinda want to write the scene as the Prologue to a story where several years later her path crosses with YC (whichever of the twins he may be) and see where they end up. 

Story Idea - Step Siblings
Our characters are in their 30/40’s and their parents are about to marry.   Our characters meet for the first time either at the dinner the night before the wedding or at the wedding itself.  Not much more thought on this one, thought it could be the fact they are now essentially step siblings which could cause some awkwardness when the sparks start to fly. 

Alternately, it’s the younger couple who are getting married and our characters are their single parents who meet at the wedding and end up having a fling which the kids feel weird about. 

Story Idea - Roommates
This idea is that a sports star/actor/playboy, has gotten himself into a spot of bother.  To keep him out of jail and out of the media his bosses/agent/parents decide to hire someone to become his roommate to make sure he keeps a low profile and out of trouble for a few months. 

Story Idea - Your who?
He's a sports star/playboy, always surrounded by beautiful women etc, but he feels empty.   Half the women he's photographed with he's never slept with and the other half are just interested in his money and social stature.  Then he bumps into my MC and it becomes pretty apparent right away she has no clue who he is.  Intrigued he pursues her, since she sees him and not his money and stature.  She's definitely your average girl, makes enough to pay her bills with very little for luxuries etc.    I kinda see him being use to getting what he wants, he's dominate, protective etc, but I see her standing up to him, fighting him, in the driving him crazy sense that she's won't accept his help financially etc once it’s revealed who he is, but also in the way that makes him want her even more. 

Story Idea - Seduction
Out with her friends one night MC is seduced by an older man.  It starts off innocently enough with the two of them noticing each other, exchanging looks, and then spending an amazing night together.  In the morning they part ways not expecting to see each other again.  Perhaps she ends up pregnant and he decides to do the right thing and take care of her.  Or he can't get her out of his mind so he tracks her down and woos her for something more long term.

Story Idea -Marriage of convenience
I have a couple of ideas for this one.  He's a millionaire  and for whatever reason he needs to find a wife, so he 'hires' someone for a fixed period to be his wife, the future divorce date in the contract. 

The other idea is he's a millionaire but already married, they are just no longer together.  They got married while at college, drifted apart before he made his fortune and now he needs his wife for whatever reason.   (Would consider twisting this plot where she's now rich and has to track down her husband for whatever reason)

Story Idea - Amnesia
Waking up in hospital with no idea of why she's there, who she is.   Who comes to claim her?  Her husband and kids, her boyfriend, her boss?  She needs to learn to live her life, but is it the life she led before?   Willing to play this alternative role where he wakes up with amnesia.   

Story Idea - Unexpected
MC has agreed to be auctioned for a charity event.  The person who wins the bidding for this date is someone unexpected.  Think opposites attract, so he could be geeky and she's not expecting to enjoy the date.   Or maybe he has a bad boy reputation and he turns out to be very sweet and caring.  It's about preconceived notions about someone and finding out there is more beneath the surface. 

Story Idea - Faking It
One character is dared to date/bed the other character.  Of course it starts out that way, but soon they start to like the other person.  And how will they convince the other their feelings are genuine once the details of the dare are revealed?

Story Idea - She believed no one could love her
MC believes she will never find love because her mom/co workers/ex have had some mean things to say about her being bigger built.  She exercises regularly, she diets, but she just can't seem to shift those few extra pounds she's carrying.  YC, however thinks she's the sexiest thing he's ever seen and wants her.  He is someone she'd never expect to show any interest in her, so he has to convince her to go out with him, that he does find her sexy, makes her feel sexy etc.  I'd like him to have a flaw too, whether it's a scar he can hide beneath his clothes, or an insecurity, something to prove he isn't perfect, but she can see past it.

Story Idea - The Boss
A slight twist on the secretary falling in love with the boss.  How about the boss is lusting after his secretary.  Nothing's happened, he keeps it hidden from her because 1) he doesn't date employees and she's a dam good assistant and 2) when she first started working for him she was in a relationship.  He's hidden his feelings from her by being a bit of an ass, but gets a kick out of her smart mouth retorts and the fact she doesn't take his nonsense laying down and stands up to him.  Basically she's driving him crazy in all ways.  Then he finds out she's no longer in a relationship.  Is he willing to break his number 1 rule to pursue her? 

Story Idea - Office Romance
Your typical office romance, two colleagues end up dating.  Perhaps at first MC is clueless to YC interest, thinking he’s just being friendly, the usual office chat getting a cup of tea.   Then they are at a work function/party or maybe just a coincidence they end up in the same bar/club.  He offers to take her home, and makes his attention more obvious.  She’s a bit reluctant to date anyone from work at first but is unable to resist and they try to keep their relationship a secret from their colleagues.   

Story Idea - It’s too soon
Her husband passes away in a tragic accident/killed in action, whatever, and shortly there after she finds out she’s pregnant.   In my head I see a heavily pregnant woman so I’m guessing it’s about 7/8 months later when she meets YC.  Who he is, what he does etc is up to you, but I’m thinking although she’s about to pop, he likes her.  Over the next few weeks they get to know each other a little, platonically, and for whatever reason he’s the one that ends up taking her to the hospital and ends up in the delivery room with her.  Obviously this could be a bit awkward since they’ve just started to get to know each other.  But he will know about her husband, and after the birth of the baby he sticks around.  He helps out where he can, they build a relationship over the weeks/months that follow.   Obviously the drama will be she’s pregnant, people think she’s moved on too quickly even though they are only friends at this point after the baby is born.   Their relationship is a slow build, but I think it could be kinda fun to write, he’s not the baby’s father but he feels as if he is since he’s been by her side.  And how they go about “dating” once they do get to that stage and all the awkwardness of having a baby etc. 

Picture Prompts - Sometimes a picture screams out it needs a story, if you are inspired lets talk.
Picture Prompt 1

Picture Prompt 2
Picture Prompt 3

Basic story lines that I would play over and over again! 
Idea - Best Friends
Idea - Older Brother's Friend
Idea - The Boss
Idea - Man in Uniform 
Theme Idea - Reunited

Of course if you have any ideas you think I might like instead let me know. :)

If an idea is marked under discussion and you like the idea, PM me your ideas for it, I could be persuaded to run more than one version of an idea.
Slow postings and reasons why? - Work as usual! 
On & Offs ¦ A & A's ¦ What's rattling around my brain?

SassyB

SassyB

SassyB

SassyB

SassyB

SassyB

I tried to ignore it, but the muse has been rattled! 

Some new ideas added, some deleted and couple of pictures that have been calling out to me, but I can't settle on a story for them. 

SassyB

Been a while since I’ve done this, but I can take on 1 or 2 more stories, if anyone’s interested. 

SassyB

SassyB