Post Apocalyptic Roleplays?

Started by FeelTheRhythm, October 01, 2012, 06:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeelTheRhythm

I'm looking for a group of people who may be interested in a Fallout-style post-apocalyptic roleplay.

Set in 2300 A.D., it takes place 155 years after the surface of the Earth is annihilated after an alien invasion. Much of the world's remaining population has been moved underground into a series of 'Vaults' located in many major cities and rural areas across the globe. Many of these vaults have been sealed since Day 0, and each one has developed their own methods to survive (or have died trying).

The surface of the Earth still has not recovered very well from the attack. Much of the land is scorched beyond recognition. Forests in the area consist of only a few large trees, with many burned trunks still littering the landscape. Wildlife is sparse, and most of what is left has been altered by heat and radiation. Lack of vegetation has forced many animals to feed off of each other, and even the most tame creature now must fight to survive.

Each Vault is a small, self-sufficient ecosystem for humans. They can grow crops, filter and recycle water, and have many of the amenities known to our current communities. The majority of these Vaults are run by a single leader, known as the Overseer.

This story begins in Vault 509, located in a thick forest in what used to by known as Northern Ontario, Canada.

This is a rather large Vault, with a population of over 2500 people. Recently, the Vault has erupted into turmoil. What was once a strong democratic system has collapsed. The last Overseer was brutally assassinated during a public speech, putting the entire community on edge.

As the assassin attempted to make his escape, he was captured and questioned. After some time, he cracked, and admitted that he was sent from another vault, something everyone thought was impossible. He took his own life before any more information was extracted from him.

Now, the powers that be have decided to select a group of individuals to be the first to leave their vault, and find out exactly what lies behind the giant steel sealed doors.

The Last Standing

I like it a lot! I never got to play Fallout (heresy, I know), but always have wanted to see why it received so much praise. Count me in.

SunflowerKisses

I love the idea! I'd be happy to join in on this! It's a really great idea (:
MY O/O 
Take a look at my Ideas.
Currently open for a few more topics.

Armand

Snozz

If it's not too late, I would so be interested in trying this.
|-"The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open." -Chuck Palahniuk -|
The Red Pill (O/Os)  |  I assume I need no introduction. |
|- "When the fox hears the rabbit scream, he comes a-runnin';  but not to help." -|

Armand

Kember we could start a different one though if these people aren't interested anymore.

KatKwik

Not sure if this is still in the works, PM me if it is as I'd like to be involved. :)

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

mayovagn

I am up for this.

PM me what I needs to sort out for you to be involved..

M.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Sushi

Fallout-inspired, or actual Fallout with Vault-Tek, Chinese Assault rifles and the Brotherhood of Steel?
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

ChainsawAdams

I'm in, lets get this party started!
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
(Fridays 11pm EST on Party 934)
ON / OFF's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=152802.0