Power Rangers [Recruitment Thread - CLOSED]

Started by TheBlackThrone, October 07, 2016, 03:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

Inspiration | There haven't been that many Power Ranger genre games in play, and with inspirations from the new Voltron, Pacific Rim, Transformers, and with the excitement about the 2017 Power Rangers remake being on the horizon, I wanted to give it a true science fiction spin. So here is my idea.

Inspiration: New York City

Population: 8.406 million

Mayor: Richard "Dick" Matheson

Police Department: Mega City Police Department (MCPD)

Basic Description: Mega City is one of the largest cities in North America with a heavily diverse population. The city is a figurehead of revolutionary technology, and one of the most popular touristic spots in North America. Scientists openly test their prototypes in this city, so finding androids walking around passing out flyers for the latest Technology Expo or directing traffic during a crash is not out of the ordinary (to the citizens of Mega City). Robotic pets and people are a regular occurrence.

Important Notes
  • Mega City has strict gun control laws. The only personnel who legally wield guns in the city are the MCPD. The guns use DNA recognition and so only a qualified officer can wield and fire their respective handgun. Even with guns being banned, there are still criminals who manage to wield guns using false-fingerprint technology. Knives and other weapons not banned are still a problem.
  • Street racing is popular, although illegal along with other things such as graffiti.
  • Just like any city, drugs, prostitution, and the usual riffraff exist but mostly in the poorer areas.
  • The currency is Credits. Everyone has a card with a special chip inserted within it that they can slide in and out of registers to purchase products. Cash; bucks; paper was banned due to how easy it was to reproduce. With chip technology, counterfeit cards are difficult to reproduce.
  • The primary methods of transportation are: vehicle, subway, bus, and monorail. There are no flying cars.

The main setting of our game takes place in Mega City, New York. This is a fictional city and I have chosen New York City as an inspiration because it is the city most people are familiar with. You can be as creative as you want when having your character navigate this city. If you create a regular spot such as a cafe or shop, then I will add it to a list of popular places that other characters may choose to frequent. Mega City is the overall setting, but our primary setting is going to be around a certain college.

Inspiration: New York University (NYU)

Population: 57, 245 students and faculty

Acceptance Rate: 31%

President: Arthur Zacharias

Basic Description: Omega University is one of the many schools in New York responsible for the revolutionary technology that Mega City is renowned for. The school hosts many concentrations in a well-rounded diverse student community. Students from around the world flock to Omega University to bring their imagination to life with its prolific technology programs. Characters are allowed to live on campus or off campus. They are free to participate in sports, clubs, theaters, exhibitions, etc. Whatever their character enjoys doing. College won't be a focus in this game because this is a Power Rangers game! However, it will be a setting of common interests for our characters.

From a galaxy far, far away...

October 1, 2706

Katie McLernon Reporter

"Good Morning, this is Katie McLernon with Triple 9 news here on a fishing boat and we're sailing along the Connecticut-New York channel. This boat has been trolling the ocean bottom, searching for the mysterious object that crash-landed into the sea seven days ago." She turned toward an old man wearing a dark wool sweater, gray pants, and black rubber boots. His gray, paintbrush mustache was thick enough to hide his lower-lip and his dark-brown eyes were near hidden beneath his thick, bushy brows. "I have here Captain Bill as he likes to call himself, who says he has seen the object. Can you describe it, sir?"

"Yes, yes I can. It was a white light. I won't say it actually crashed into the water because there wasn't a great splash. It passed through the water without disturbing it, and it was big. It was like a giant flying saucer!" he enthusiastically explained.

Katie curiously frowned. "Sir, are you saying that you think it might have been a UFO?"

"Might? It had to be, and I'm going to find it."

"And how did you see this phenomenon, sir?"

"I was out here on my boat trying to catch some crabs when I saw it. I think it scared away all the crabs for I haven't been able to catch any since."

"Very interesting, sir. Thank you." Katie faced the camera. "So we have one witness who believes that it might have been an alien ship. The search for the object continues!"

Six college students awake from their beds after a strange dream. They dreamed about a brightly-lit room and laying on a cold table similar to an operating table. Everything after that is unclear. They feel different today. There is something about today that feels different than yesterday, but they can't explain it. Objects that they might have worn regularly: watches, belts, jewelry, shoes, etc. are no longer what they seem, but to them they are as they remember them being. Disguised as the characters' old belongings are morphers that grant them the ability to transform into Power Rangers.

What the characters can't remember is that they were all abducted and genetically re-engineered to be a superhuman fighting force. The re-engineering was established through a symbiotic relationship with an alien creature known as a Mobicyte. The Mobicytes have been fleeing from another alien race called The Tauron that have been set on conquering the universe and wiping out any lifeforms that could potentially threaten its own species. They are evil, prideful and cannot be negotiated with. Several planets prior to Earth have tried and perished for having not dealt with the menace as soon as it arrived. The Mobicytes have been fleeing from host to host and have chosen six humans to bestow upon them their powers so that they can fight off the Taurons and end their destruction once and for all.

Summary of General Abilities
  • All rangers possess strength, speed, reflexes, thought-processes, toughness, etc. above any human being at peak athleticism.
  • All rangers can hear their Mobicyte symbiote's voice. The symbiote has learned whatever language the ranger speaks. It knows what the ranger knows and feels what he/she feels.
  • Mobicytes can communicate with other Mobicytes telepathically, which grants the rangers the ability to also be able to communicate with each other telepathically.
  • Mobicytes will guide, teach, and train the rangers how to use their powers, morph, and control their zords called Warp Units.
  • Mobicytes possess one special ability that they grant their host. Not three different abilities in one or five different abilities in one. One ability.

Warp Suits

• The warp suit comes in a variety of colors. Rangers don't wear the same color.
  • The warp suit possesses an invisible shield that protects rangers from man-made weaponry, making them impervious to even the explosive power of a nuclear weapon. However, they are not impervious to alien technology.
  • The warp suit possesses one primary weapon (this includes any dual wield weapon or cannon) and one secondary weapon that is a side-arm.
  • The warp suit can only be accessed when the ranger performs a series of movements. However, its morpher appears when a Tauron is nearby. That purse you thought was just a purse? Guess what? It just transformed into an alien morph device, waiting to be activated.
  • If the host trusts its Mobicyte, then the sync they share will allow the ranger to grow stronger and access weapons they didn't know they had.

Warp Unit

• The Warp Unit is called the "warp unit" because of its unique ability to rebuild and reshape itself. The warp unit can be summoned by the ranger's morpher and it can take on whatever shape the ranger desires for convenience sake.
  • Because the warp units are obvious alien technology, it may be smart for rangers to disguise them as every day vehicles when not in combat.
  • The Warp Unit has the same color as the Warp Suit.
  • The Warp Unit specializes in the same weaponry as the Warp Suit.
  • The Warp Units can combine into a larger robot if the minds of all six rangers were to sync and make it so, which isn't an easy feat. They all have to have the same desire, which is to win!

Requirements
  • I will only be accepting five rangers (GM has taken one). It can be 4 males and 2 females (as it was in the show), 3 males and 3 females, or 4 females and 2 males. Other characters I will accept are non-ranger supporting characters.
  • Non-ranger supporting characters are characters who can potentially replace any of the rangers if that player is to lose interest, go AWOL, die in game, or who knows. These characters are potentially the next power rangers. They can be the best friend, boy/girlfriend, sibling, etc. They have some relation to the characters. If you want to play a non-ranger, then be sure to collaborate with the writer whose character your character plans to be associated with.
  • You have to be able to take science and BS it when describing weapons. If you don't have the science fiction imagination, then this game may not be for you.
  • I will only be accepting writers who can produce good quality posts. No one or two-liners. No horrendous spelling errors. Just posts that look like you actually care about grammar and quality.
  • Try to create a character that you know and like. When you make a character that you don't know or love, then you won't have a good time. If they don't have a believable personality, then not only will we all see it, but you'll see it too when you find it difficult to interact with others. So please take your time when creating a character.
  • I am only allowing real-life photos for this game. So please reserve your face claims.
  • 7 Days Policy. Once you post interest in this game, you have 7 days to post a CS. If you don't post a CS by the 8th day, then your interest is dropped. I will have a list posted of interested players as well as a list of approved profiles.
  • All characters will have heard, seen, or know of each other some way and somehow. Either they had the same class, in the same clubs, see them walking to class every day, etc. Somehow they know each other.
  • Characters initially are not aware that the other has had the same dream, and when in close proximity of each other, they can hear each others' thoughts.
  • The effects of the powers the Mobicyte gives each character are in development so characters may notice some changes.

This is the basic character sheet. I don't care how you design it as long as it has this basic information.

Name:
Nicknames:
Height:
Weight:
Hair Color: (can have highlights or be any color because this is the future)
Eye Color: (can be whatever color you want as long as you have a logical explanation for it)
Sexuality:
Occupation: (besides a "student" if your character works a job somewhere, then you mention it here)
Degree: (what degree are they pursuing. If you don't know or they don't know then write "Interdisciplinary Studies")
Languages: (I made a category for it so we don't have mary sues choosing every language on the planet. Please specify if the language is native, fluent, or survival.)

Physical Description: (General appearance of your character to include piercings, tattoos, scars, etc.)

Personality: (Summarized we don't need to know every detail)
Dislikes: (non-sexual)

[u]Ranger Info[/u]

Color:
Primary Weapon:
Secondary Weapon: (This will be a sidearm but for those who like to describe or even name their weapons, they can.)

Power: (Remember...one power. Not five different abilities in one. One power.)

Benson "Bence" Marconi - Red Ranger - TheBlackThrone
Kara Pennant - Pink Ranger - Rachubka
Vivienne Kalahara - Black Ranger - Lithium
Santiago Leon - Purple Ranger - TheRomanticPerv
Ashley Winters - Blue Ranger - CurvyKitten
Tyree "Ty" Barrington - Gold Ranger - Juggtacular
Updated: 2 November 2017

Any questions this game introduction doesn't answer will be written here with the GM answer.

1. Activity. If you cannot afford to actively participate in this game at this time, then don't. There is no point creating a CS, getting it approved, posting once in the game, and realizing that you don't have time and dropping out. Why waste your time and why waste mine?
2. Game Speed. I expect the game to move only as fast as it takes for your RP partner to post. However, when there are missions, the game will move every GM post. Meaning, everyone will post once per rotation until the mission is completed.
3. Sandbox. There will be a side thread for sandboxing for those writers who have storylines or who desire more character interaction between their characters who have some chemistry. You can even come up with your own plots in this thread as long as it doesn't involve the alien threat.
4. Current date. The current month we will be RPing in is October. The first playable week is October 1st - 7th. The GM will announce when the game will move forward to the next week.
5. Drama. Drama is pretty prevalent on this site and I do not tolerate or care for it. If you bring me drama, do not be surprised if I give you the cold shoulder. This is just a game and there are way more important things going down in the world to be mad or frustrated with than some play-by-post game. If you have a problem, PM me, and I will address it if I think it needs to be addressed. However, if you are having a bad day, then just go do something else until you're in better spirits. The excuse, "Sorry GM, I was having a bad day and I felt like disrupting the OOC with negative drama for no reason" doesn't fly. We're all adults here. Just don't do it.
6. Whatever I say goes. I do my best to be a fair GM, but I do not bend over backwards to please everyone. I don't. So if I say something is going this way, then it will. I am open to criticism and suggestions. Always open for feedback as long as it actually tries to offer a solution/improvement. However, if I make a decision that you don't like, then don't argue with me about it. You won't get far and I won't argue back. If it ever comes down to that, then you might as well leave.
7. GM Goal. My goals are to keep this game moving smoothly, create fun scenarios that players can participate in, keep the drama to a minimum if not stamp it out, and give writers a place where they can see their characters grow and allow their imaginations to run wild. That is my goal; that has been my goal forever; and every time I GM a game it never changes.
8. Have fun.
More rules may be added if necessary.

OOC

IC

Character Thread
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

TheBlackThrone

Face Claim: Nick Bateman
Nicknames: Jersey Boy, Bence, Benny, Italian Stallion (he wishes)
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 185 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Sexuality: Heteroflexible
Degree: Culinary Arts
Languages: Pretty fluent in Italian (spoken), some French (because of his major), and Ebonics

Physical Description: Bence is a handsome young man with a boyish charm. He can mostly be found smiling since his life tends to treat him mostly right. He likes to keep in shape, although he doesn't participate in any sports. His hair is brown and feathery, though he keeps it short at the sides and nape (he cuts it himself). Similarly, he keeps his facial hair neatly groomed. He wears what most lazy college boys wear when he's going to class: sweatpants with Omega going down the leg, white T-shirt, hoodie, and some comfortable moccasins. Sometimes he wears a beanie as well. He saves his best clothes for those special dates he gets every now and then. On his right pectoral is crucifix. He was once overly religious, but he has since become more agnostic.

Personality: Bence is open with his opinions. He is quick to open his mouth and critique something before he wonders whether he hurt someone's feelings or not. Some find it hilarious and an attractive character trait, while others find it rude and annoying. Being a chef in the making, it could have spawned from all the food he has to taste and prepare on a daily basis. Bence is nowhere on the level of Chef Ramsay with his critiques of others, shit-talking is still a pretty bad habit. He takes pride in his cooking and he loves cooking for others, especially when his cooking makes everyone smile. He doesn't take his dates out to fancy restaurants. He takes them to a place with a kitchen where he can prepare the dinner himself. He won't hesitate to try and impress a pretty face.

The guy is slick like ice when he finds someone he likes. He isn't afraid to compliment someone who deserves it, and he takes rejection pretty well. In the kitchen, Bence has a whole different personality. He's pretty commanding when the restaurant is busy. He also has a no nonsense attitude. The worst anyone could do is waste his time and waste good food. He won't stand for bullying and he's pretty out-going when he has time to party.

Likes: Cooking, trying new things, cooking for others, being artistic, and partying.
Dislikes: Bullies, people who are rude for the sake of being rude, and incompetence at the workplace.

Color: Red
Primary Weapon: Great Hammer - the great hammer is what is called to be the seismic hammer. With the right strength and force, the hammer can disturb the earth in a cone that can reach at max 50 m. The weapon is best suited for shattering power shields and heavily-armored foes.
Secondary Weapon: Sidearm - "Daisy" automatic pistol with plasma belt artillery.

Power: Super Strength - Users have incredible ability to defy weight limitations of their race, but not completely break them. Dense, lengthy, or overweight items are easy to move and simple to use in nearly any manner. Users can crush, lift, throw, or catch items of great weight. His strength is currently Type I: Being able to lift up cars to trucks, buses, and large boulders.
The gates are open

Rachubka

Shotty pink! :O

I'll start working on something tonight. I mean, if I'm allowed. :O

More shocked face emojis. :O

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Rachubka on October 07, 2016, 10:44:44 PM
Shotty pink! :O

I'll start working on something tonight. I mean, if I'm allowed. :O

More shocked face emojis. :O

Yes you are. Also, if you want to play with different fonts. I've been asked about the fonts I use lol.  You can find them here. Just right click them and treat them like an image url. http://www.1001fonts.com/  :-)

Also, I'll add you to the interest list and reserve pink for you. But yes, start right away!  ;D
The gates are open

Lithium

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Rachubka

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 07, 2016, 10:47:22 PM
Yes you are. Also, if you want to play with different fonts. I've been asked about the fonts I use lol.  You can find them here. Just right click them and treat them like an image url. http://www.1001fonts.com/  :-)

Also, I'll add you to the interest list and reserve pink for you. But yes, start right away!  ;D

Oooooooooooooooooooh. Neat. I was totally actually wondering. Hahaha.

ElvenKitten

Pumpkin Seeds

:: peeks:: How quickly are you wanting applications?  I'd be interested in a Green Ranger if possible.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on October 08, 2016, 06:21:09 AM
:: peeks:: How quickly are you wanting applications?  I'd be interested in a Green Ranger if possible.

7 day policy. I'll reserve green.
The gates are open

la dame en noir

What kind of supporting characters are you looking for?

I'll tenatively reserve Yellow, unless you need something specifically.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: la dame en noir on October 08, 2016, 09:53:36 AM
What kind of supporting characters are you looking for?

I'll tenatively reserve Yellow, unless you need something specifically.

The supporting characters are just like the friends of the rangers. They can even be a sibling or lover.

I don't know if Elven Kitten was making a reserve or not but after you, I am no longer accepting females.

I have the ratios on the opening post and it looks like it's going to be the 4 females and 2 males ratio.
The gates are open

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

ElvenKitten

TheBlackThrone

All right; so this is how we're going to do it. I'm going to put up these interests, but whoever gets the four final spots is going to be determined by the character they present. Because we've exceeded the limit on females, which usually doesn't happen in games I normally GM lol. If you have time for this game and you're not just jumping on the train because people are flocking to this game, then feel free to keep going with the Character Creation process. There is also the supporting option. The non-rangers will normally take the slot of the ranger if the player of that ranger dropped from the game for whatever reason. But if you're planning to just drop interest at the get-go because you realize you got too much on your plate, then this game is probably not a good idea and coming to that realization right now would not only do me a favor, but it won't waste your time. But again, there's always the supporting option. I need to go change that. I don't know why I wrote it as "non-supporting" lol. Nope, I wrote it as non-ranger. I'm good.

Really trying to avoid the "Power Harem Rangers." Even though they haven't done that theme yet. But still lol. Usually that's not fun for the ladies.
The gates are open

Pumpkin Seeds

Wonder is Maneater is a good song for a Power Ranger.

Pumpkin Seeds

Face Claim: Alice Matos
Nicknames: Bella
Height: 5'9
Weight: 143lbs
Hair Color: Raven black hair with green highlights
Eye Color: Emerald Green
Sexuality: Bisexual
Degree: Business Administration with a dual major in Economics and a fast track toward a MBA
Languages: Portuguese (native), Spanish (fluent), English (fluent), studying German

Physical Description:

Intimidating might be the word most people use to describe Isabella Santos.  The daughter to a business tycoon and the heir to a fortune, she walks with an air of superiority few can manage.  Haughty and cool under pressure she has been known to slice contenders to her throne down with a look of displeasure.  A regular at the gym and with her training in Capoeria, she keeps her body in toned and muscular shape.  Such a dedication is almost prideful at times as she wears clothing that sets on display her natural curves and the effort she placed in ensuring those curves are firm to the touch.  That each article of clothing could probably feed a family of four is something she doesn't flaunt but also doesn't let others forget.  Every piece meant to enhance her unapproachable nature and ensure that when her hips move, people turn their eyes.  Isabella never leaves her apartment without her hair being brushed, glossy and perfect.  Impossibly thick and dark, the strands seem almost like water to touch.  Lately she has taken to wearing green highlights that set off her eyes and lighten the darkness.

Personality: Isabella comes off as a mean girl and she accepts this knowledge easily.  At home there was no tolerance for excuses and she carries that weight with her.  People fail because of their own failures and their success is likely based off their own efforts.  She walks and moves with confidence because she knows that confidence in herself means that those that follow her, invest in her and challenge her respond to that confidence.  Time is precious and she makes sure that each second of her life is productive.  At the gym she shows up to work her body, at school she comes to work her mind and at a party she comes to work her image.  Serious attitude exudes from her so that her compassion remains hidden.  Only the observant few might notice how she pushes local business owners to push themselves, that she donates much of her trust fund money to local parks and schools for the young.  While she is not the kindest soul to be found, she firmly believes that pushing others to their best performance is the greatest gift she can give.
Dislikes: (non-sexual)

Color: Green
Primary Weapon: Lasher - Lasher is a single handed sword with a razor sharp edge that comes down to a tapered point.  Developed as a thrust weapon, the sword is typically cast in a defensive role when kept in this form.  Magnetic links along a central shaft of the rod can be activated that separate the blade into segments held together by cords.  Each segment vibrates with the magnetic fields giving the already sharp edges a constant thrum to slice into targets.

Secondary Weapon: Wind - Wind is a chakram attuned to the telekinetic aptitude of the Green Ranger, allowing the individual to send the weapon in a series of strange patterns.  The weapon will always return to the owner after striking an opponent unless the owner is incapacitated in some fashion.

Power: Telekinesis - Ability to move and guide small objects with her mind.  Currently she is able to move only objects of up to ten pounds with a small amount of concentration.  Anything heavier causes her severe headaches and requires rest afterward.

Rachubka

Faceclaim: Stacey Hannant
Nickname(s): Penny - only really used on the soccer field
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 143 lbs.
Hair Color: Medium blond
Sexuality: Heterosexual (Unless no other dudes show up...)
Degree: Human Resources
Languages: Native English, faux-French, faux-Spanish, faux-Italian -- "Si, monsieur, I do enjoy a nice paella every other Samedi. Buon Appetito."

Physical Description: Kara is rather easy on the eyes and the perhaps preferential treatment she has received because of it is reflected in the constant glow that she seems to have. Even if it all is more of a blessing, she does well to maintain herself with diet and exercise. It helps when you're on the varsity soccer team as well. Her medium blond hair hasn't been cut in a few years, allowing it to flow right beneath her shoulder blades. It's often worn long unless she's had to step out in a hurry or is working out, then it's either bunned up or tossed into a ponytail. Messily. Kara has long since forgotten what it feels like to always be 'on' when about campus, electing to wear what is quick and easy rather than to impress; jeans, old boyfriends' hoodies, baseball tees, sneakers and slip-ons. She does own a few pieces of clothing for the occasions that call for it but those are tucked away into boxes or hangers deep in her closet. A pink stud is pierced into her left nostril and a top navel piercing with pink jewellery are her everyday jewellery pieces with earrings on special instances. No tattoos to speak of.

Personality: Kara is far from a shy girl but she is never going to be the one that throws out ideas or even her desires on a whim. She likes to sit and think about what possible impact her words and actions have before letting it rip. It is very easily for Kara to become restless which is probably why she tends to keep her schedule busy between her schooling, keeping fit, and maintaining her spot on the soccer roster. Being rather privileged by being in the top end of attractiveness, Kara has rarely come up against opposition when it came to interacting with other people - she tends to get what she wants. When she doesn't, she gets agitated and her normal cool demeanor gives way to a more direct and reckless one. Kara would never be described as the funny one; there are very few times that she would make a clever observation or just drop a joke on anyone but she does try and be silly and light when with friends.

Likes: Reality TV, soccer, the colour pink, socializing, comfort, campfires, rye & gingers, pumpkin spice lattes (jokes... are those even in the future?)
Dislikes: Close talkers, 'chameleon' personalities, thunder, ugly crying, dry cake, tequila 

Color: Pink
Primary Weapon: Dual blades - often wielded with one gripped traditionally and the other reverse for more diverse striking. They snap into place on the outside of either thigh when not in use.
Secondary Weapon: Silenced rail pistol - used sparingly, practically when only disarmed or the time calls for it. Kept on the small of her back when not in use.

Power: Short bursts of speed - it's almost akin to teleportation or a type of blinking ability where Kara will be in one place and then the next in an instant. She can lose her bearings, however, so it is not something she can do for long nor can she blink from one spot to another immediately. This is used to devastating effect when she encounters a large number of enemies or even one hulking beast.

Mostly done. Actually probably done unless I spot something silly. Maybe I'll get some names for weapons or whatever. I'll take ideas. Tony and Steve? Barbie and Ken?

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Pumpkin Seeds

ElvenKitten

Damn now I have to come up with a new power :P

Lithium

Face Claim: Rinko Kikuchi
Nicknames: Vivi
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Sexuality: Bisexual
Degree: Forensic Science
Languages: Native French and Japanese, fluent in English

Physical Description: Vivi is naturally built slim and lithe, with a metabolism that seemingly prevents her from putting on any weight even if she tries. Even though her lifestyle probably isn't the healthiest overall, she still does at least some physical activity to stay in shape, mainly running and playing soccer. Her jet black hair is cut in a rather distinct style, starting short at the nape of her neck in the back and gradually getting longer towards the front where its reaches shoulder length before suddenly transitioning into short straight bangs. Vivi often wears the right side of her hair over her ear while tucking the other side behind her left ear, which has multiple piercings, giving a more asymmetrical look while exposing her bling. There's also the ring piercings in her right nostril, the one in the right corner of her bottom lip, and the two barbells that she has through her nipples. All surgical grade stainless steel, since her skin is very sensitive to nickel. As for her personal style, she leans towards the edgier side of the fashion spectrum, with a particular fondness for leather, fishnets and pointy accessories. And she likes black. A lot.

Personality: Despite what some might assume based solely on her appearance, Vivienne isn't a gloomy Debbie Downer. Typically rather laid back, she takes things as they come and tried to have a good time. Her humor can be dark, much of what she says is sarcastic and she doesn't have much of a filter, so she's probably not to everybody's taste. Perhaps her biggest vice is that she tends to be quite lazy about things that disinterest her, which would explain why she gets top grades in some of her classes while barely attaining the passing mark in others.On the other hand, Vivi does get very passionate and even competitive about the things that she does enjoy, and so she's pretty good at them.

Being somewhat of an extrovert, she's not shy about interacting with new people and doesn't have much trouble making friends. She's always craved adventure and excitement too much to be a homebody, and her time spent out and about has helped her to develop a good bit of street smarts, so playing or duping her would be a challenge. She's not the type to pick fights or get involved in business that doesn't concern her, but she's no pushover if attacked or threatened either, and the same goes for her friends.

Likes: Music, partying, dancing, drinking, junk food, 420 blazing it on occasion, soccer, movies, reading, video games, cars and tuning, street racing, the human form, blood (aesthetically!), cute critters of all sorts.
Dislikes: Fair weather friends, dishonorable people, being manipulated or bossed around, people who don't get sarcasm, vultures (the human kind), Sunday drivers, traffic.

Color: Black
Primary Weapon: Plasma Scythe - The Plasma Scythe can be a tricky weapon, unwieldy in certain situations, but when used right it has the potential to inflict some devastating damage. It can reap the energy from anything that it destroys, supercharging the plasma blade once enough energy has been accumulated for one powerful strike. The Scythe excels at efficiently cutting down weak foes as well as executing the more powerful ones who've already been weakened or had their defenses compromised.
Secondary Weapon: Doom & Gloom - Twin magnums, high impact but low rate of fire and considerable recoil.

Power: Intangibility - The ability to move her own particles through other particles, allowing her to phase through solid objects or avoid physical attacks. Only usable in short bursts, she can maintain the effect, at most, for a few seconds at a time.

Pumpkin Seeds

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on October 08, 2016, 06:38:53 PM
Looking like our Red Ranger is in trouble.

Bence: You kiddin' me? I can handle all you gals. No sweat.  ::)
The gates are open

Lithium

Pumpkin Seeds

Something tells me there will be plenty of time afterward to catch the evening stock reports.

TheBlackThrone

Bence: Not much of a fight when you're a god in the kitchen!  8-) I'll melt them panties right off!
The gates are open

Pumpkin Seeds

So will there be a running joke of us telling Bence to make us a sandwich?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on October 08, 2016, 07:14:05 PM
So will there be a running joke of us telling Bence to make us a sandwich?

Oh god lol. I bet.

Bence: Shaddaap~
The gates are open

Pumpkin Seeds

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on October 08, 2016, 07:18:04 PM
Bemce, sweetie.  No mayo this time.

Bence: I'll bring the glaze instead.

I might have to make us an OOC for our chatter lol.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Here's the OOC for all of our chatter, plotting, whatever you guys want to discuss.  :-)

OOC
The gates are open

Mathim

Just saw the trailer for the new movie. As much a departure as it is from the spirit of the original series, it's certainly well-put-together.

I kinda wanted the Black Ranger role but if anything other than Pink is still available, I'll say I'm interested.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Mathim on October 08, 2016, 11:30:54 PM
Just saw the trailer for the new movie. As much a departure as it is from the spirit of the original series, it's certainly well-put-together.

I kinda wanted the Black Ranger role but if anything other than Pink is still available, I'll say I'm interested.

All colors of the rainbow are available.
The gates are open

Lithium

Quote from: Mathim on October 08, 2016, 11:30:54 PM

Fight me to the death D:

Mathim

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 08, 2016, 11:32:04 PM
All colors of the rainbow are available.

I assumed the submitted profiles were already claimed characters, so I don't want to compete with anyone who beat me to the punch. Maybe White? I'm heading off to bed now though, but I am still interested.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Matttheman89

If all the Ranger spots are taken I could make a supporting character. That could be an interesting experience in a game like this.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Mathim on October 08, 2016, 11:45:26 PM
I assumed the submitted profiles were already claimed characters, so I don't want to compete with anyone who beat me to the punch. Maybe White? I'm heading off to bed now though, but I am still interested.

They're already taken colors but there are various colors to choose from. Orange, Purple, Gray, Silver, Gold, Salmon, etc.
The gates are open

Lithium

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Writersblockade

lol oh shit, someone just took it there. I'm totally willing to create something for this. The Desert Ranger. Something like a dark, rich, sand color with black highlight!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Writersblockade on October 08, 2016, 11:59:26 PM
lol oh shit, someone just took it there. I'm totally willing to create something for this. The Desert Ranger. Something like a dark, rich, sand color with black highlight!

Woah, hey, it has to be a solid color. We're not doing multi-colored flamboyant rangers running around. o_o So yes, he can use tan if he wants but not tan, with silver stripes and pink poka-dots.
The gates are open

Writersblockade

This from the guy who threw out Salmon? lmao my second choice was Gray. I'm cool with that too.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Writersblockade on October 09, 2016, 12:08:37 AM
This from the guy who threw out Salmon? lmao my second choice was Gray. I'm cool with that too.

Hey, Salmon is a solid color lol.
The gates are open

Relikai

Lithium

Quote from: Writersblockade on October 09, 2016, 12:08:37 AM

Let's face it, gray is just a less cool black. :P

Writersblockade

Quote from: Lithium on October 09, 2016, 12:11:02 AM
Let's face it, gray is just a less cool black. :P

Gray is Black without the need to cut itself :p
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

TheBlackThrone

So, if all the players who have posted interest to this game so far send me CSes for Rangers, then I am no longer accepting rangers for either gender. I will accept support characters and that'll be it. So I added everyone who posted interest to this game to the OP. We will see who sends me a CS or who bails. You all have 7 days from now.
The gates are open

Writersblockade

Will PM this as well. I can get more into detail if you'd like, just let me know.

Face Claim: Keiynan Lonsdale

Nicknames: Nitro
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 180lbs
Sexuality: Hetero
Degree: Pursuing a Mechanical Engineering major with a focus on robotics
Languages: Primarily Fluent in English. Survival Japanese verbal, early grade school reading. Does recognize certain writings from memory, for performance parts.
Physical Description: Fit, in the way a young person can be just by being physically active. Doesn’t do gym-time. Tall, but not gangly. Naturally exudes a sort of confidence when he moves that could be mistaken as arrogance to those not secure about themselves.
Personality: More than meets the eye. Surprisingly deep at times. Clear-headed thinker, and used to problem-solving under stress. Very live and let live, and usually the first person willing to talk about an issue in need of a solution.
Likes: The smell of gasoline and oil. Listening to ancient music while working on cars, and joy-riding whenever possible. And yeah, he includes street races as joy rides.
Dislikes: MCPD getting in the way of a good race, shitty school group members, and Pablo from the Speed Shop, cuz he always trying to ruin his flow with female customers.

Color: Gray
Primary Weapon: Power-amped Escrima sticks that boost power without sacrificing speed.
Secondary Weapon: Short to mid-range rapid fire plasma bolt gun. Slightly larger than a handgun, but smaller than a traditional submachine gun, due to future/alien tech. Assigned Power Distribution on verbal command, catch-phrase activated

-Knock ‘em around! – Stun bolts (highest shot capability without reload)
-Put ‘em down! – Medium bolts (Default setting)
-Bring the pain! – Max bolts (makes holes, adds recoil, and much reduced shots)

Power: Flight. Perhaps as a result of an unusually high compatibility with his Mobicyte, Jake has the ability to fly without really thinking about it. Possibly because the Mobicyte is doing the heavy lifting while taking mental cues from Jake regarding speed and direction. Max speed is currently 40mph, but that may change as their symbiosis develops

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Mathim

Hope this is good enough...

Face Claim: Anton Yelchin
Nicknames: Ben, 'Doc'
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 179 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Sexuality: Hetero
Degree: Biology, leaning towards medical
Languages: English fluent, vacation Spanish

Physical Description: Ben is very thin, being a very busy person he expends lots of energy with his hectic side job and school. He doesn't work out but manages to stay fairly fit at work carrying things and moving around a lot.

Personality: People who know him describe him as a caring, compassionate and dedicated person. He often puts others' needs before his own and can rarely witness something causing distress to someone else without at least asking if he can help. His job is where he can put his desire to help relieve others' pain and suffering and bring relief and comfort to work, and is immensely satisfied by his efforts and success at it. He'll go out of his way often to be of assistance to someone and has a particular soft spot for animals, though he personally owns no pets.

He strives to be honest but his personality won't let him say anything that would hurt someone's feelings, and tends to ask a lot of questions to get as much information as possible before forming an opinion or expressing a sentiment to someone unless he's firmly grounded in a belief pertaining to the situation.

Dislikes: Rudeness, inconsiderateness, laziness

Color: White
Primary Weapon: Morphing Crossbow - While its default is to be mounted on his arm and fire a regenerating supply of arrows, it can be detached and enlarged into a longbow for more power and longer range; when close combat is necessary it can be folded into a bo-staff (like how Hawkeye's bow did in Civil War when he was fighting Black Panther)
Secondary Weapon: I guess the bo-staff thing is considered secondary even though it's technically the same weapon? He can also use the arrows alone as daggers...

Power: Healing Light - Because of his background as a fledgling medical student in the making, he can generate a small healing field between his hands that speeds up the recovery of minor wounds. More serious wounds can only have the temporary effect of minimizing blood loss or keeping the spreading of poison from happening too quickly, or making a broken bone able to be walked on for a few minutes if a quick escape is needed, but the effect if purely temporary if the wound is not superficial enough to be healed completely.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

All right; everyone; I'm going to seem like a meanie because I did say I was going to make all the interested writers rangers, but I'm going to have to go against what I said.

Because I perfectly have a ratio of 3 female rangers and 3 male rangers who have sent me approved CSes so far, I'm going to cap off the rangers there. You are welcome to play non-ranger characters who are friends, boy/girlfriend, sibling, cousin, whatever story you want to make between one of the ranger writers and your own. Those would be the next rangers if anything were to happen to our current rangers. But I'm capping the rangers there because I really don't want 10 or 11 rangers running around. That's too many.
The gates are open

ElvenKitten

*Gets her childish tantrum out the way after almost having a character sheet finished* Now that's done I have a huge change in my character concept. 

Lithium

I'm super open to any sort of connections with non-ranger characters, hit me up if you're interested!

TheBlackThrone

Yes, roommates are a very good option. I forgot to mention.
The gates are open

ElvenKitten

Is there an active police or military response to the alien threat?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: ElvenKitten on October 09, 2016, 11:26:54 AM
Is there an active police or military response to the alien threat?

No. Because the aliens haven't even appeared. No one is aware of there being aliens at all.
The gates are open

ElvenKitten

But I imagine there will be a hasty response once the aliens do appear?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: ElvenKitten on October 09, 2016, 11:37:29 AM
But I imagine there will be a hasty response once the aliens do appear?

If you're planning to make a cop or some military type, I'm going to say no. I want players to be around the college campus theme because that's where majority of the interaction is going to take place. Players who are just off in their own world doing something entirely different aren't going to get much interaction.

That's why I gave those being non-rangers specific recommended options.
The gates are open

ElvenKitten

I figured someone with connections with the police. (part time job , not a cop) might be useful as a supporting character, just wondering if anyone wants some sort of connection with my character? Possible friend or girlfriend?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: ElvenKitten on October 09, 2016, 12:12:29 PM
I figured someone with connections with the police. (part time job , not a cop) might be useful as a supporting character, just wondering if anyone wants some sort of connection with my character? Possible friend or girlfriend?

Go ask these questions in the OOC.
The gates are open

Theo

Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure.

On and off

TheBlackThrone

Nope. Not at the moment. I haven't had anyone fall out yet. *gives the group a look* ...
The gates are open

Mathim

I'm still here. Can't speak for anyone else, though.

TheBlackThrone

This game is still running and you can refer to the OP for links. I am looking to replace the Green and Gray Rangers due to activity reason. You can choose any color in the rainbow that is not taken. We just need two new people. It can be one male and one female or slightly harem it up with two females.
The gates are open

KnowThySire

That is a fantasy every man has the right to live, but I'm going to have to be around somewhere as you try to make it happen. The Green Ranger - how do I earn that power coin and morpher?
There can only be one king.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

KnowThySire

I gotcha. Thanks, amigo. Give me the day.

la dame en noir

I had forgotten all about this because it disappeared!D:
A&A | FxF |

Theo

If there are still any openings, could I steal one now??
Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure.

On and off

TheBlackThrone

Well, we need to replace two people. One has gone on to other games. The other is on/off with activity. We only have 2 female rangers and 3 male rangers. I do not want the females to get overwhelmed by too many males on the team so I am accepting only 1 male and 1 female.

In the story, they fought their first battle and learned about their Mobicytes, powers, and uniforms. We did not go into Zords yet that will be next battle. But they are about to just decompress at a club or bar. Get to know each other as a team and discuss this whole "Power Rangers" business.

There I just summarized the story so far. :-)
The gates are open

Mathim

You might as well replace me too - I'm having shoulder surgery on Friday so I have no idea what my typing ability will be limited to for the next several weeks.

Rachubka

I'm still around! Come play with meeeeeee.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

KnowThySire

Yeah... I'm pretty f'ing late, but better late than never, I say. Hello to all. I hope I can be considered for this.

Face Claim: Travis Williams

Name: Santiago Leon
Nicknames: Santa
Weight: 189lbs
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Degree: Botany
Languages: English and Spanish.

Physical Description: Santiago stays in shape. His time at the rec has done him justice. Between the basketball and his nightly boxing workouts, a chiseled physique is not complex to maintain. Some people question the piercing, but most know it's just an aesthetic. With a predominantly green wardrobe, something was bound to eventually stand out. His tats were no exception to this concept. Ultimately, Santiago's patent, outlandish image gets set off by the Boricua's preferred stubble as only clean himself up on selective occasions. The cut is always fresh.

Personality: Rough around the edges, but Santiago prefers to keep things light. It's gets tougher as the world throws its obstacles at him and troubling circumstances have him quick to use his rage to fight back, but the young Latin is a good aura to be around and definitely one you want with you in hard times.

Likes: Boxing, basketball, chilling, good food, ganja, and nightly affairs.
Dislikes: Bullshitters, authority, losing a fight, and being broke

Color: Green
Primary Weapon: Glimpse - Razor-sharp and of a short-blade's length, there is a constant flow of gravity linking both the weapon and the warp-suit as it emits between them. Therefore, it will only go far as the applied strength , which due to the gravity requires an immense amount of.
Secondary Weapon: Haymaker - Resembling a sawed-off shotgun, this firearm converts the emitted gravity from his warp-suit into ammunition that fire as immensely heavy gravitation waves. The range is a little more than fair compared to typical sawed-offs, but is almost certain death when the target is within Santiago's personal space.

Power: Gravitational Manipulation - Santiago can use the gravity emitting from his body to manipulate the way it affects himself, and as well as other manifestations within a 5 ft radius of himself. Combined with his wielding of Glimpse and Haymaker, the results become deadly.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: la dame en noir on May 02, 2017, 10:06:53 AM
Can I still make my yellow ranger?

Yes.

@TheRomanticPerv: I will be looking over your sheet. I hope you aren't too set on the color green because our green ranger just came back. If you don't mind changing your ranger's color, then that would be great. You can use any color of the rainbow.

Reading your profile, you can only have one power and trying to put "immense strength" to imply inhuman strength, which means "super strength" in there makes you have a secondary power hidden in the primary power. You can only have one power.
The gates are open

KnowThySire

If she's coming back, I have no issue picking another color. I was moreso trying to imply that it wouldn't be easy to be the green ranger. Santiago would have to use his gravity manipulation to even move the dagger farther than out of his hand, but, ironically, using the power too much would take its toll on his body since being in alternate gravity conditions usually doesn't bold well for human physiques. Now, if he was Kryptonian... In the end, my idea was to make playing him a challenge for myself, not imply that he had super strength, too.

Plus, all of the good powers were taken.

Pumpkin Seeds

Lithium

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 01, 2017, 11:03:56 PM
I do not want the females to get overwhelmed by too many males on the team

As if  ::)

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

KnowThySire

TheBlackThrone

The brown ranger? That's a bold color.  ::) Approved.
The gates are open

Pumpkin Seeds

Telekinesis?  S'alright.  There are a lot of things out there though.

For instance like...a living lightning type power would be neat.  Maybe something where it infuses into a pair of gauntlets so there is a sort of taser effect when channeled through them.  Then say that if he touches like something mechanical he can infuse himself into it and control it.  I dunno..something like that would be neat.  Or maybe an ability to distort his own form so when he is fighting someone he appears like a blur, making him harder to hit.  Just lots of stuff out there. 

KnowThySire

I hear ya. I've been doing my mulling. For the new ranger color as well.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Pumpkin Seeds

That is awesome.  Does he gyrate his hips and make women fall over?

KnowThySire

He wouldn't be the purple ranger if he didn't. Just wait until he takes off the blouse. The helmet always stays on, though.

KnowThySire

YESSSSS!!! Nice catch. Requiescat in Pace to both Prince and Charlie.

KnowThySire

This is my new proposal. Let me know if it is suffice. To be honest, I don't care too much to have a secondary. I'd like to forgo it if can leave my primary as is. So you have an idea, if he slices an arm of a shadow, Wraith only gains shadow the size of that arm, not the whole shadow. The idea is to make it take time to build these shadow counts.

Physical Description: Santiago stays in shape. His time at the rec has done him justice. Between the basketball and his nightly boxing workouts, a chiseled physique is not complex to maintain. Some people question the piercing, but most know it's just an aesthetic. With a predominantly purple wardrobe, something was bound to eventually stand out. His tats were no exception to this concept. Ultimately, Santiago's patent, outlandish image gets set off by the Boricua's preferred stubble as he only cleans himself up on selective occasions. The cut is always fresh.

Personality: Rough around the edges, but Santiago prefers to keep things light. It's gets tougher as the world throws its obstacles at him and troubling circumstances have him quick to use his rage to fight back, but the young Latin is a good aura to be around and definitely one you want with you in hard times.

Color: Purple
Primary Weapon: Wraith - A purple katana blade that can pierce not only flesh, but the shadows of its foe in order to incur damage in the same spot on their physical form. The more shadow that Wraith devours, the stronger the blade becomes. Depending on how much shadow is gathered, Wraith can create shadow constructs equal only to the size of the stored amount or less. Once this is done, the shadow count in the blade is reset, and the shadows must be stored all over again.

Power: Shadow Transportation - Santiago can travel through shadows.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on May 05, 2017, 02:50:11 AM
This is my new proposal. Let me know if it is suffice. To be honest, I don't care too much to have a secondary. I'd like to forgo it if can leave my primary as is. So you have an idea, if he slices an arm of a shadow, Wraith only gains shadow the size of that arm, not the whole shadow. The idea is to make it take time to build these shadow counts.

Physical Description: Santiago stays in shape. His time at the rec has done him justice. Between the basketball and his nightly boxing workouts, a chiseled physique is not complex to maintain. Some people question the piercing, but most know it's just an aesthetic. With a predominantly purple wardrobe, something was bound to eventually stand out. His tats were no exception to this concept. Ultimately, Santiago's patent, outlandish image gets set off by the Boricua's preferred stubble as he only cleans himself up on selective occasions. The cut is always fresh.

Primary Weapon: Wraith - A purple katana blade that can pierce not only flesh, but the shadows of its foe in order to incur damage in the same spot on their physical form. The more shadow that Wraith devours, the stronger the blade becomes. Depending on how much shadow is gathered, Wraith can create shadow constructs equal only to the size of the stored amount or less. Once this is done, the shadow count in the blade is reset, and the shadows must be stored all over again.

Power: Shadow Transportation - Santiago can travel through shadows.

I'm going to say no because you're giving him too many powers. Also, his sword could kill anyone if all it needs to do is devour someone's shadow. It wouldn't be much of a fight if that's all it needs to do. I wouldn't see a point in there being a boss battle if it was that simple.
The gates are open

KnowThySire

'ey man, being a ranger is dope. I'm just trying to make a dude that's dope. And, no bullshit, I'm more interested to play Santiago himself. So much so, that if this is the character you'd accept, I'd play so gladly.

Primary Weapon: Wraith - A katana blade whose purple steel makes it look really cool.
Secondary Weapon: Glock 17 - Carries around the handgun of his deceased father who was a police officer. The color was customized after he became the purple ranger.

Power: Doppleganger - Santiagio can make an identical replica of himself using his shadow. Neither of them have shadows after it. The doppleganger can don the purple ranger mantle as well.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on May 05, 2017, 08:13:06 AM
'ey man, being a ranger is dope. I'm just trying to make a dude that's dope. And, no bullshit, I'm more interested to play Santiago himself. So much so, that if this is the character you'd accept, I'd play so gladly.

Primary Weapon: Wraith - A katana blade whose purple steel makes it look really cool.
Secondary Weapon: Glock 17 - Carries around the handgun of his deceased father who was a police officer. The color was customized after he became the purple ranger.

Power: Doppleganger - Santiagio can make an identical replica of himself using his shadow. Neither of them have shadows after it. The doppleganger can don the purple ranger mantle as well.

Are you sure you don't want him to have "clones?" If you put a cap on how many clones he can make, then he can make more than one.  Also your katana blade can have interesting properties, you just have to not be overboard about it. You can read the CSes of other characters by flipping back through this thread to get an idea how they gave their weapons interesting functions without those functions being another ability.
The gates are open

KnowThySire

As cool as that would be, I'd rather only have to keep track of one. Is this set any better?

Primary: When the katana's swung, it uses an illusion to appear as if 7 blades are being directed at the target. It can be countered if the opponent has super-high senses, or can see through illusions.

Seconday: A handgun that shoots shadow pellets that spread like paint on impact, and are extremely difficult to get off. The more a target is covered, they are slowed and eventually immobilized in the covered area. We can say it takes 21 hits to spread across a body.

Power: Doppelgänger.

TheBlackThrone

At this rate, I am about to just ask you to go back to the CS I originally approved.
The gates are open

KnowThySire

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: TheRomanticPerv on May 06, 2017, 01:50:01 AM
I have no idea which one that was.

I had approved your gravity one. All you had to do was change the color of the ranger.
The gates are open

KnowThySire

Then why do I keep bothering you with CS posts. My bad, man. I'll tweak the "immense strength" shit, though, since I think that's where this started.

TheBlackThrone

Hey everyone,

It's that time again. This game is still going but I need to add some active players to the game to keep it rolling. If you're interested, then feel free to drop a sheet and I'll get you up-to-speed on everything.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Mathim on November 01, 2017, 03:59:52 PM
I might be open to returning if we've got a more-or-less full roster. Not sure how far things moved ahead since I saw there being zero activity but if it didn't go too long after, I'm willing to pick up where I left off without a hard reboot. Or soft reboot.

This game has been active since it started. If the speed of it doesn't work with you, then I don't recommend re-joining since that was the issue you had before. Besides, I already have someone interested in the male slot. I am looking for active and dedicated players.
The gates are open

CurvyKitten

Possibly interested,  depending on muse juice.  Just watched the new movie again and my inner big kid finds the idea fun.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 02, 2017, 01:50:27 AM
Possibly interested,  depending on muse juice.  Just watched the new movie again and my inner big kid finds the idea fun.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get the last female so the two girls won't be so alone. We'll then have six rangers. Getting you up to speed only takes a single paragraph of recap. I did that for our new male ranger we're getting.
The gates are open

CurvyKitten

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on November 02, 2017, 03:49:59 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping to get the last female so the two girls won't be so alone. We'll then have six rangers. Getting you up to speed only takes a single paragraph of recap. I did that for our new male ranger we're getting.

I'm working on a character now, working on some of the last details.

CurvyKitten

Ashley Winters

Face Claim:Ana Cheri
Name: Ashley Winters
Nicknames:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 135 Lbs.
Hair Color: Brown with Honey Highlights
Eye Color: Hazel
Sexuality: Bi-Curious (says she is heterosexual)
Degree: Physical Therapy
Languages: English, spanish Fluent in both

Physical Description: Ashley has a well tone hourglass figure, long legs that seem to go on for days and a sun kissed skin that always seems hot to the touch. Her hair falls in long soft waves down to mid back when allowed to flow freely. Long waves of honey spread through highlight her hazel eyes. She has her ears and bell botton pierced, but no tatto's as of yet. A small scar runs against her right him from a surving accident when she was younger.

Personality: Ashley is a great many things wrapped into one sexy frame. Determind, straight forward, honest, free spirited, and fun loving. She doesn't hide behind lies and bull shit and can't stand when people do that to her. She is the type of person that gives others a chance, but when wrong will be quick to cut you from her life. She doesn't see the point in lingering on the bad in life, not when there is so much more she could be doing. Be good to her and she will be good to you, as she always welcomes a new firend in her life. Living life to the fullest she can come off as fearless at times, but everyone has their boogieman. Ashley is just good at dealing with hers.
Likes: ocean and swimming, being outdoors, thunderstorms, video games, comic books, being active, camping, old movies, eating great food, partying or hanging with friends
Dislikes: being cooped up, snobs, bullies, sour food, people who just give up,

Ranger Info

Color: Blue
Primary Weapon: Engery Long bow - strapped to her back when not in use this bow flips together when grabbed from the back. Engery arrows come from the quiver, as she learns more about it she will have more options when it comes to ammunition.
Secondary Weapon: Plasma Chakram - strapped to her right thigh the engery engages when in her hands. This weapon can be used as a malee weapon as well as a throwing weapon.

Power: Healing - Ashley has the power to heal herself and others. This ability does take energy however and can leave her drained when used in extreme circumstances. This ability is still new and will grow over time, the more she understands it the better she can control the energy lost during use.

Juggtacular

Face Claim: Michael B. Jordan
Name: Tyree "Ty" Barrington
Nicknames: Golden Boy, Tree, Tiny, Superstar
Height: 6'4
Weight: 245lbs
Hair Color: Dreadlocks
Eye Color: Gold(Due to the highly advanced technological state of the world, I figured changing eye colors wouldn't be much different than something like Lasik. Or they changed when he gained his Mobicyte)
Degree: Business Management
Languages: Patois[Native], Portuguese[Native], Spanish[Fluent], English[Native]

Physical Description: Tyree is 6'4, 245lbs, and cut like a slasher victim. He's been exercising nearly every day since childhood, and it shows on his nearly perfectly sculpted form. He's got golden eyes that glint just so in the right light, pearly white teeth, and a killer smile that just melts right through you. He's got short-ish dreads that come down to a bit above his shoulder, but he keeps the sides of his head shaved. He's got a ton of tattoos including a sleeve on both arms and a back piece. He likes the color gold, or any variation of it and tends to wear gold and any color that pairs well with it. He even dyed some of his dreads golden.

Personality: Ty is calm, casual, and confident in himself. He's always been bigger than the other kids, but he embraced his size and made it work for him. He tends to see the glass as half full, and always tries to find the bright side and silver linings. He's a joker, and loves to play around and put a smile on people's faces. At the same time, he's one of the hardest workers you've ever met once he sets his mind on something. Between his smile and sweet words, he could probably charm the frock off a Nun if he really wanted to. While not a party animal, he does enjoy blowing off steam in a number of ways, and loves to have fun outside of the ring. Maybe because he's so big, he always tends to stand up for the little guy.
Likes: Racing, Fighting, Anime, Reading, Food, Party Drugs(mainly ganja), the fairer sex
Dislikes: Assholes, bullies, corporations, waking up early, bugs

Ranger Info

Color: Gold
Primary Weapon: Ruin & Damage - A pair of large, golden butterfly swords with chains attached to the pommels that allow Ty to use them as both close and long range weapons.
Secondary Weapon: Nova - A revolver that hits like a cannon, Nova fires off hyper-dense shells that obliterate enemies.
Power: Electrokinesis - Tyree's ability allows him to generate and manipulate electricity. He can fire it off like lightning bolts, or surround himself with it to electrocute anyone trying to touch him, etc...