[Pathfinder, Recruitment Closed] Warpath of the Righteous: WotR & Path of War

Started by indarkestknight, September 18, 2016, 08:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

Changingsaint, Zaer, MrBubbles, you're all set.

Skynet
• Your starting wealth is 260 gp. Your equipment, including the masterwork cost for your armored coat, is 267 gp.
• A brief backstory writeup, please.

Latooni Subota
• There's still a mysterious +2 to your Reflex save on top of your +1 from Halfling luck that I can't seem to account for.

Premier
• You gained Sacred Tattoos by trading out Orc Ferocity, so that goes under your racial features like darkvision and weapon familiarity. As such, you still have one trait left – you can still pick Finish the Fight as your second trait along with Fate's Favored.
• See note in this post regarding Stolen Fury.

ShadowFox89
• Still have to pick out two traits, one of which needs to be a campaign trait.
• Please mark which of your maneuvers are readied, and which are flagged as being automatically granted.
• A brief backstory writeup, please.

Guancyto
• Banjo is not a permitted divinity.
• Naginata have their own stats. Slashing reach weapons, like glaives, but unlike glaives they deal 1d8 base damage and have a x4 crit multiplier. They cost 35 gp.
• Please mark which of your maneuvers are readied, and which are flagged as being automatically granted.
• Have you applied a favored class bonus yet?
• A brief backstory writeup, please

Snake
• Remember Pitborn suffer a -2 racial penalty to Intelligence.
• Please mark which maneuvers you have readied.
• Did you assume average wealth?
• Since I haven't made any rulings regarding drawbacks, here goes: you're welcome to take drawbacks if you like for flavor reasons, but at the moment, you won't be compensated with bonus traits.
• You still have room for one more trait.
• A brief backstory writeup, please.

Guancyto

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 06, 2016, 02:19:33 AM• Banjo is not a permitted divinity.

Nah, that's just what they want you to believe.  ;)

(It totally wasn't a placeholder because I know nothing about Golarion deities and they aren't on the SRD...)

indarkestknight

Link to the Pathfinder wiki's list of Avistan's core 20 deities.

If you just want to know their alignments and portfolios at a glance, a chart is available here. Followers of good gods are, in general, appropriate. Especially Iomedae and Desna, and Sarenrae's themes are a good thematic fit for the campaign. But, again, none of the good gods are inappropriate choices.

Skynet

@indarkestnight: in that case I'll drop the light crossbow and 20 bolts to get 37 gp back, leaving 30 gp in the wallet. With that, I'll buy 8 darts for 4 gp total, leaving at 26.

Backstory: Mitsuyo was on the border when darkness fell. It was not the darkness of stormclouds, nor the onset of night, but a huge, indescribable, thing crawling across the horizon. Light itself seemed to fade, and even valiant paladins seemed to freeze and keel over without a mark of frost nor wound on their bodies. This was but one of many nameless demons coming in through the tear in reality, but it was enough to kill the entire militia and blight the fields with ash.

Her father and mother stood firm, ordering her to get on the wagon and escape with the others before all was lost. She did not want to leave them, but the grasping hand of her aunt forced her onto the cart. One would think to take one last look at their hometown and their parents' noble sacrifice, but Mitsuyo dared not look; she knew it would be the last she saw of them, and could not confront this fact. She dived under a fur blanket, squeezing her eyes shut until they hurt, trying to will herself out of the nightmare.

This was 4 years ago. But it feels like a distant memory. Mitsuyo dedicated her life to never be a victim again, to not run away or let others force her retreat. She would stand fast against the Worldwound and not give it any more ground!

Mitsuyo trained in a temple of Iomedae in Nerosyn, Mendev's capital. Her single-mindedness and desire to prove that she's "not a little girl but a warrior" earned her a reputation as one of the initiates with a greater death wish than others. "We are all willing to give our lives to Good," one of her peers said. "But when a martyr claims that you're reckless, perhaps it's time to reconsider your options?"

It was likely this personality trait which prevented her from becoming a paladin. But all the same her zeal is all the stronger, if not more so.

Revelation

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 06, 2016, 02:19:33 AM
Changingsaint, , you're all set.

Excellent!

Now, I am curious. This is going to make me sound like a pervert, but this is Elliquiy - plus I am not trying to be a total pervert. Is erotic content expected in the game(s)? I haven't really seen much discussion about that at all in the adventure here, so I wasn't sure if this was to be more smut free or if no one had asked yet and I get to be the perv asking about smut. I didn't really join the game for it - more just to play a snazzy PoW character, i'll admit. But it's elliquiy.

indarkestknight

Skynet, you're all set, then.

Quote from: Changingsaint on October 06, 2016, 03:27:28 AM
Now, I am curious. This is going to make me sound like a pervert, but this is Elliquiy - plus I am not trying to be a total pervert. Is erotic content expected in the game(s)? I haven't really seen much discussion about that at all in the adventure here, so I wasn't sure if this was to be more smut free or if no one had asked yet and I get to be the perv asking about smut. I didn't really join the game for it - more just to play a snazzy PoW character, i'll admit. But it's elliquiy.

I suppose, if people wanted, I could throw in a few unnatural lust traps or tentacle monsters here and there, but by and large that isn't really the focus of the adventure path. I don't discourage erotic content, however, and, say, if all members of the party are defeated, or a member of the party gets absconded with, scenes of dubious consent or non-con are on the table, with the important caveat that all players in the given campaign are okay with that. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, so if you want to opt out of any scenes of dubious consent or non-con, your character won't be subject to them.

That said, some sections of the adventure will have more opportunity for erotic content than others. The titular Midnight Isles of the fourth leg of the AP are the Abyssal domain of the demon lord of lust herself, and the AP gives you a chance to brave them.

Revelation

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 06, 2016, 03:40:47 AM
Skynet, you're all set, then.

I suppose, if people wanted, I could throw in a few unnatural lust traps or tentacle monsters here and there, but by and large that isn't really the focus of the adventure path. I don't discourage erotic content, however, and, say, if all members of the party are defeated, or a member of the party gets absconded with, scenes of dubious consent or non-con are on the table, with the important caveat that all players in the given campaign are okay with that. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, so if you want to opt out of any scenes of dubious consent or non-con, your character won't be subject to them.

That said, some sections of the adventure will have more opportunity for erotic content than others. The titular Midnight Isles of the fourth leg of the AP are the Abyssal domain of the demon lord of lust herself, and the AP gives you a chance to brave them.

That's about the answer I expected. I am a sucker for romance in games 'n all, but I guess we'll see what happens! Should be fun in any case.

Snake

I've already applied the modifiers to Mila. I just rolled kinda high which is why I used Tiefling to bring some of the scores back down without feeling neutered. (After all we're supposed to at least have the potential to be great in the AP and too-low scores sort of take some of that away.)

I rolled for wealth and wound up with like 10 gold over the average.

She has a drawback: Umbral Unmasking, If people pass a DC: 15 Perception check; they see she has a demonic-winged and possibly horned shadow (Umbral Unmasking is from Champions of Corruption page 30. giving you either no shadow or  a monstrous shadow)

I'm altering Mila's Alignment to Lawful Evil

She's a worshipper of Asmodeus after being rescued from the Ritual mentioned in "Stolen Fury"; since she'd witnessed the Hellknights annihilating the cultist that abducted her and eliminated the Incubus that'd been raping her at the time

And my opinion on Lust or tentacle monsters: I'm all for it. I sort of wouldn't expect less; if nothing mor than the suffering it'd cause; demons would normally love to try and impregnate mortal women :p

Zaer Darkwail

What comes myself and on erotic content; I do expect some content occuring with Nanaly. Either she initiating it (coercion, consensual, non-consensual) or someone (or something) taking advantage of her :P. She is chaotic evil and is driven by her impulses, albeit much tamed compared to her earlier behavior where she had zero filters and breaks. I can see her trying flirt and seduce Mila for 'tail jobs' more than one occassion :P. Even if Mila would punch Nanaly but she is big girl and can take hit (and practices in truth same style even).

Guancyto

Changed it to a proper Glaive then just so I don't have to go and recalculate money.
Deity is now Iomedae.
Took a HP from favored class, didn't know I could do that!
Maneuvers are so marked!

Backstory! This is super rough, hopefully I will have more later.
Mei had a good life once, before the darkness came for her home and family. Thrown on the fastest cart heading away, she never looked away. She couldn't look away, transfixed. The sight, the absolute cold she felt as her family and friends were destroyed, awakened something primal in her soul. A rolling, volatile mass too wild and too old for sorcery; it took all the discipline she could learn and the best efforts of the priests of Iomedae to keep it under control. It was comforting, in a way, to know that as terrible as that nameless, ancient evil was, it had an antithesis, an antibody force, and that now she was a part of it.

Eventually she learned to channel it, and resolved to return to her home and bring justice for the dead, cleansing for the tainted. She surges with determination; the world is worth fighting for!

Premier

Redoing char history and fixing sheet. Go!

Tevreh Gnelm

Tevreh was born to the Black Hand tribe and for that alone they hated her. Half-Orc's were weak and she was not going to be the first to prove them wrong. She might tower over them, but she was never able to match them for strength and savagery. She tried, she desperately wanted to be able to live up to her heritage but she always fell short. She was a little smarter than her kin, but what Orc respected brains?

She was a Half-Orc, filled with half worthless blood.

The Black Hand still had a use for their weak though, for they had a way to power that other Tribes did not. The Demoness Shariel had been captured by the orcs long ago, weighed down with iron chains that burnt her flesh and dragged about by the brutish tribe she was bled and her blood fed to those too weak to refuse it. It robbed them of their will but gave them incredible strength in return, enough that they could be used as a living siege weapons by the Black Hand when they came upon a target too tough to take by force alone.

When the Black Hand came across the Dwarven Mountain hold of Brokdan they needed that power. Dwarfs did not give holds away easily and the mindless demon blooded were the only way they'd survive the hail of bolts approaching it. The weak were dragged to the suffering chained body of Shariel to drink and Tevreh was among them this time. She drank and for the first time in a long while the Demoness smiled, for it had found blood it could finally work with. Malleable human blood, with ambition and cunning. It flooded Tevreh's mind with power, that fleck of intellect stretched out into something and filled with some of the Demon's own cruel tricks. She didn't need urging to want to take swift, brutal revenge against her kin for what they were doing to her and the Demoness laughed as she finally got her own little revenge against her captors.

The Black Hand fled from Tevreh rather than have themselves torn apart by her magic and Shariel reached out to whisper into Tevreh's ear of the power she could give. But she had made a mistake, Tevreh's mind was sharp now and she was thinking fast and one realization she came too quick was anyone stupid enough to make a deal with a demon would pay for it in the end. She wouldn't be Shariel's pawn, but she granted it a death so it could return to its plane. It would be her last act of mercy to a demon.

Without a clan she found a brief respite with the Dwarves who she'd been set to attack who had eventually been convinced she had some good intention in scaring off the Black Hand. She learned a little from them, but moved on when it was clear she'd overstayed her welcome with a mind constantly fizzling with new ideas. She felt adrift from who she was but hungry to learn who she could become. If she could crush some of the demons that had so gleefully poisoned her kin and tried to set the world against itself along the way then all the better.

Latooni Subota

I'm totally fine with no real big focus on smut for smut's sake. The occasional Game Over/Kidnap scenario or trap, or romancing, is always fun but I don't need NONSTOP LEWDITY or anything. :P

Removed that +2 reflex. That was another holdover from an earlier build I missed.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

indarkestknight

Latooni, Premier, you're set.

Guancyto
• Remember that you get x1.5 your Strength mod on damage for two-handed weapons.
• You should have 9 sp left by my count, if you're using average gp.

Snake
• What price did you use for the holy text?
• Maybe I'm missing a skill point, but it looks like you've only spent 3 skill points. You ought to have 4.

Guancyto

Oh right! Mentally stuck on later editions, fixed.
(Must have forgotten a 1sp purchase somewhere. also fixed!)

indarkestknight

Guancyto, you're all set.

Still waiting on ShadowFox89. Snake only has internet on days he can get to the library, so he hasn't signed on in a few.

In the meantime, I set up threads for OOC & Character Sheets. I figure NC Exotic is sufficient for our needs, but if you think we should go with Extreme instead, please pipe up.

indarkestknight

Snake

indarkestknight

Good to hear from you. Hope the hurricane wasn't too rough on you and yours.

Snake

Enormous amounts of rain and somen intense winds at times but everything's just fine!

btw; I put my char up into the character sheet thread, is that alright?

Zaer Darkwail

I say quite complex background story but overall works for me at least :). Up to GM though.

Snake

So far Darkest seems to approve, he's helped me shape it up a bit more with a few minor alterations.

I specifically looked up the Hellknight ranks anr Armiger sounded reasonable as it's literally just a hellknight-in-training. Like she has some of the discipline and skill but isn't formally one (as in prestiging it up) yet

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah and hellknights as organization sounds quite interesting :).

Snake

I felt that the Godsclaw was best cuz it uses teachings from Asmodeus, Iomedae, Torag and the other lawful deities.  Utilizing what seems appropriate it seems.

indarkestknight

Godclaw is an excellent choice for Wrath of the Righteous, both for their connection to Iomedae and because their origins can be traced back to the First Mendevian Crusade. Of all the Hellknight Orders, they seem to be the one with the strongest ties to the Mendevian Crusades.

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 07, 2016, 02:38:23 AM
Snake
• What price did you use for the holy text?
• Maybe I'm missing a skill point, but it looks like you've only spent 3 skill points. You ought to have 4.

As soon as these are addressed and I've combed through your purchases to tally them up, your character sheet will be approved.

Snake

Since there isn't a pre-made Zealot package I used the cleric with what I felt were reasonable modifications so I imagine the cheapest version, like 1 gp or something.

I believe I lowered it because I had to account for the lower Int score due to correcting my error with the Int score.