Random Song!

Started by QuickSpell, December 20, 2015, 10:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickSpell

I'm a fan of old R&B music and jazz and am heavily influenced by it. Sometimes I think of random grooves and wish to compose a song because of how these random tunes affect me. I thought I would make this thread and see if there were any poets, song writers/lyricists, or emotional writers out there who would be willing to compose a little song here with random lyrics, starting with a "flashy" hook/chorus. I will provide the first hook/chorus; the next to respond can either provide his/her own or reply to the hook I provided. Hopefully this works out and is enjoyable for all those who participate!

"You're my lady,
And though the sun may shine
When you're away,
I feel my world get so cold."

(Aside: I have no idea why this came to mind, but it sounded pretty nice when I sung it/thought about it in song form; if anyone participating has listened to anything by the Isleys I would hope you could see some association.)

DominantPoet

"Times can be tough, our roads can be hard,
But lady, trust me, we'll be fine,
When you get back and I look in your eyes,
I know our love won't ever get old."

QuickSpell

Quote from: DominantPoet on December 22, 2015, 06:21:55 AM
"Times can be tough, our roads can be hard,
But lady, trust me, we'll be fine,
When you get back and I look in your eyes,
I know our love won't ever get old."

I take it this is your own hook? Perhaps you're responding to mine? I'm not sure, which means I have organized this poorly xD Now I just want to know the random words that take form in people's heads.