Barbaric X-Men?

Started by Ezekla, June 20, 2012, 05:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezekla

This is my brain at six in the morning...-facedesk-

Anyway, I had an idea for an RP involving x-men-ish mutants, but in a medieval, sort of, barbaric setting. I kind of pictured groups of them coming together, for safety if nothing else, because if modern day people are so nervous about mutants, you can imagine that barbarians would be hanging them all as evil witches or something. Anyway...thoughts?
Thus, storytelling - from wherever it comes - forms a layer in the foundation of the world; and glinting in it we see the trace elements of every tribe on earth.

Pumpkin Seeds

That is actually a pretty neat idea.  Could certainly lead to the myths of legend seen in later times.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Ezekla

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 20, 2012, 02:17:45 PM
That is actually a pretty neat idea.  Could certainly lead to the myths of legend seen in later times.

That was kind of my thought. These would be the real people who formed the stories of legend later in life. Do you think their townsfolk, families, friends, would have accepted them or treated them like demon spawn lol?
Thus, storytelling - from wherever it comes - forms a layer in the foundation of the world; and glinting in it we see the trace elements of every tribe on earth.

Pumpkin Seeds

Depends I suppose.  More than likely they would have been attacked, feared and hunted.  I'm sure certain groups might have accepted them or leaders might have tried to use them in their armies.  One can hardly deny the usefulness of someone like Storm back then, or imagine having someone like Wolverine as your huntsman. 

Ezekla

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 20, 2012, 07:36:40 PM
Depends I suppose.  More than likely they would have been attacked, feared and hunted.  I'm sure certain groups might have accepted them or leaders might have tried to use them in their armies.  One can hardly deny the usefulness of someone like Storm back then, or imagine having someone like Wolverine as your huntsman.

I suspect as well that most of them would have been attacked, though perhaps some of the much lower classes would have considered them "wise" or even "godly". I just kept thinking of a young girl, very young, like perhaps seven or eight. She is unable to control her abilities, but the people in her town think she has been blessed by the Gods. They practically worship her, taking her away from her chance at a real childhood and forcing her to be more adult-like as they seek to have her solve all their problems.

Jebble212

I'd be interested in this, would you base this in the marvel universe as a parallel world like 616, AOA, and Marvel Zombies or world this be completely separate as an original entity?

Ezekla

Quote from: Jebble212 on June 21, 2012, 09:24:33 AM
I'd be interested in this, would you base this in the marvel universe as a parallel world like 616, AOA, and Marvel Zombies or world this be completely separate as an original entity?

I suppose I would rather keep it within the marvel universe. To me, that leaves a nice big opening, in case anyone ever decides they want to involve a more "modern" hero or villain. This barbaric place would be like its own planet, close to the way Earth is set-up, except a few hundred years in the past.

Occident

Have you read Marvel 1602? Would we be going by their somewhat realistic take on the characters?

Pumpkin Seeds

Anything ever get picked up with this idea?

azzmeister89

I'm so in with this idea, the powers of the characters would need to be in themselfs pretty primative, i dont think having powers like cyclops would fit in with the setting.

Jebble212

Quote from: azzmeister89 on July 06, 2012, 09:30:46 AM
I'm so in with this idea, the powers of the characters would need to be in themselfs pretty primative, i dont think having powers like cyclops would fit in with the setting.

Not his visor of coarse but he would be pretty much blind when not destroying.

RadiantMind

Quote from: azzmeister89 on July 06, 2012, 09:30:46 AM

Cyclops? what about Forge?

Jebble212

Forge is an accomplished athlete and trained soldier. He also has a high mystical aptitude and has developed several magical spells, including a so-called "spirit sight," the ability to open portals to other dimensions, and the ability to use others' souls to enhance his mystical spells.

http://marvel.com/universe/Forge#ixzz1zrC5RZ9V

RadiantMind

Quote from: Jebble212 on July 06, 2012, 10:35:01 AM
Forge is an accomplished athlete and trained soldier. He also has a high mystical aptitude and has developed several magical spells, including a so-called "spirit sight," the ability to open portals to other dimensions, and the ability to use others' souls to enhance his mystical spells.

http://marvel.com/universe/Forge#ixzz1zrC5RZ9V

I was talking about his mutation only. Forge wouldn't be a mystic if he hadn't been raised as one :P

Jebble212

Quote from: RadiantMind on July 06, 2012, 10:39:17 AM
I was talking about his mutation only. Forge wouldn't be a mystic if he hadn't been raised as one :P

He would still have his powers but not much to use for them, clearly not the best choice of characters but your welcome to try and make it work.

RadiantMind

Quote from: Jebble212 on July 06, 2012, 10:48:22 AM
He would still have his powers but not much to use for them, clearly not the best choice of characters but your welcome to try and make it work.

Jebble, I direct your attention to the original quote, I never intended to play forge, I was remarking that his powers would be hard to use back in time

Jebble212

Quote from: RadiantMind on July 06, 2012, 10:56:11 AM
Jebble, I direct your attention to the original quote, I never intended to play forge, I was remarking that his powers would be hard to use back in time

I'm aware and I assume the idea of this RP was to make a new and challenging setting.

RadiantMind

I think if I had to pick a mutation, I'd pick gambits

azzmeister89

i would go with shapeshifting only with animals or teleporting like nightcrawler