"My Topics" is too short

Started by Jeramiahh, November 29, 2007, 03:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeramiahh

I'll admit it; I have too damn many games. Current count is 22 active games, and that's not considering that one has two threads. On top of my OOC and character threads for the collection of eight games... and I have 25 threads saved on that list.

However, I used to have a lot more games saved there, ones that have, mostly, gone inactive, much to my disappointment. However, I discovered the hard way, when you have more than 25 threads, the lowest numbered ones vanish. No second page, no continuation; they're just gone. Highly distressing, since my oldest game is also one of my favorites, and it was quite disconcerting to see it vanish from the list.

Any possible fix for this? (Aside from "drop some games"... I actually plan to add another, relatively soon. >_>)
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Xillen

Technically, they're not gone, but just don't show up there. I discovered the same problem, though I had enough games on my list that I could get rid off. The email activation still works, even for the ones that do not show up.

Bliss

As Xillen said, they aren't gone - you can get to them thus:

Go to your My Topics.
Above the list is a link to go to your Notifications Page.
When you click that link, you get a list that looks very much like your My Topics... but if you go to the bottom there are number links to a second page, where your older games can be found!

(I had the same panicky worry once upon a time and found this quite by accident. Quite serendipitous!)

^_^
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

King_Furby

22 games..wow. Are you sure you're only one person?  ;D

Bliss

I have 36 gamethreads. But, uh... several are dead/defunct delayed, and... uh...

*hangs head* I am a freak of nature.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

King_Furby

I only count active games. I got three here about 2 on AOL. But thats pretty much my limit of games. though i wish i could handle more.

Jeramiahh

Yeah, the, uhh, 22, is all active games. Or, were, two weeks ago before I left. Though some were moving towards defunct.

But, yeah... I just like having all my threads and their statuses in one place.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.