Let the 76th Hunger Games begin (Character Sheet up, topic updated)

Started by xxmaxinitxx, December 15, 2012, 12:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxmaxinitxx

The Rebels lost the war. The capital, out for blood, has decided to raise the age for the Hunger Games. People from age 16 to age 25 are now being drawn to participate in the annual event.

So I have a basic design in my mind. I want to do a CYOT game. I will get a character sheet up as soon as I can. You will make your character, choose their district, and you will play with them through a Hunger games arena. I would like a co-gm to bounce ideas around with, but I think something like this could be really fun. This is still in planning stages so if anyone can jump in and give me suggestions then that would be nice as well. I'm also thinking of adding a sponsor type system that is powered by the people of E that are or aren't in the game. So I decided from the feedback I have gotten so far that I will not be adding the stat sheet. I will let the characters role play out all the scenes and if they can't decide on a winner then I will just have to pick one. If you fill out a character sheet, send it to me via PM so that you can keep some things hidden that you need to. Don't need others seeing your strategies and best weapons unless you want to show them. Thanks for everyone showing their interest!

I'm thinking that since this is an adult site, we can slip away from the traditional traps and maybe add things sexually based as well. Either character on character, or maybe some of the mutts. If you guys want them that way.

Anyone looking to talk ideas for traps, the arena, mutts, or the like can PM me and help out! As I plan more of this out and put it down on paper I will update this thread. Let me know if you guys are interested!

Character Sheet:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:
District (you may not get the one you want):
Weight:
Family (Name, a little bit about them, will come into more effect when we do the interviews with family.)
Mom:
Dad:
Siblings (optional):
Friends:
Reaping
Volunteer or Chosen:
If chosen, reaction:
If volunteer, why:
Reaping outfit:
If volunteer, introduction:
Training/Fighting/Weaknesses/Skills
Training Strategy (What they will train with, how much they show the competition, trying to make allies):
Weapon of Choice:
Hang out with(certain district or group):
Weaknesses (at least 3):
Strengths (at least 2):
Good at navigating? Yes or no:
Personal
Relationship (Are you willing to be in a romantic relationship?)
Career Pack:
Loner:
Trustworthy:
Smart:
Strong:
Background:
Pair (Willing to have an ally):
Group of three(Willing to have multiple allies):
Interview
Outfit Idea (optional):
Interview Quote (optional):
Interview Angle (needed, Strong, Mysterious, This is how you will try to get your sponsers):
Arena
Will brave B.B. (Blood bath, Initial fight for the weapons and supplies in the cornucopia):
Will try to make allies once inside:
Will stay away from fighting:
Preferred Death:

District 1
Male: Calix Antonio Matthews - Kalika Kai
Female:
District 2
Male: Caligus Occisus - TheRaven
Female: Kiara Cane - sansa
District 3
Male:
Female:
District 4
Male:
Female: River Willows - xSnorkleRainbow
District 5
Male:
Female: Misaki Asou - persephone325
District 6
Male:
Female:
District 7
Male:
Female:
District 8
Male:
Female:
District 9
Male:
Female:
District 10
Male:
Female:
District 11
Male: Calvin Hunt - 42ftw
Female:
District 12
Male:
Female:

MzHyde

xxmaxinitxx

CYOT or SYOT means Create/Submit Your Own Tribute. Basically you would create a character entirely from scratch, go through a reaping, training, and such. And then use them to role play your way through the Hunger Games. When I get a good character sheet I will post it to give people something to fill out for their characters.

TheRaven

"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Roen

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Faustus

Also tentative interest. Waiting for further details.

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

xxmaxinitxx

Hello guys! Thanks for stopping by. I have my basic character sheet set up. I'm going to work out a stats type page to go along with it. Unless you guys want to try and make it a role play only type game? I'm thinking for the main set up, we'll have each day end after a certain amount of time. We'll let people role play out what they will do during the day. If two people interact, either through alliance or a fight (I'm thinking of putting this in big groups) they can make a new topic and do the scenes there. Anything secretive The characters want to get up to and not let others see (maybe creating weapons, a secret alliance) They can discuss it through PM's but tell me everything thats going on. I should have the character sheet up today. If people don't want the stats then I will more than likely post it sooner. But if people don't say they don't want them then I will add them by default.

Roen

Personally I'm not a fan of a stats system, never liked it. I think it would make more sense to RP it, and solve disputes over results by the GM's logic. It's just my own personal opinion, though, wouldn't dare impose it on others.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

xxmaxinitxx

Okay. Well we can try it that way and see how it goes. No harm in giving something a shot! The stats thing was giving me fits anyway :p I'll have the character submission sheet up soon.

xxmaxinitxx

xPeachyPuff

I would also like to express interest in this. I've never used a stats sheet though, so if you're thinking about using one you might have to give me time to get used to it.

-xSRx

xxmaxinitxx

I think I will just go with Roen's idea and let the character's role play it out. Gives them more chance to interact and have fun that way. When you create your character sheet send them to me via PM. When I start getting them in I will put up a list of open and closed district slots.

xPeachyPuff

I am thinking about having a female tribute from District 4, if that's alright. Probably will wait to see another characters profile before posting my own.

-xSRx

xxmaxinitxx

Thats good! I would prefer the career districts to act like it though. Meaning that districts 1,2, and 4 will mainly have volunteers and have trained for a while.

Vaulera

I would definitely love to be a part of this one! Loved battle royale and the hunger games.

Kalika Kai

Would love to do this.
I have never used stat sheet though, so I don't know how well I'll be able to do that if you decide to go that way.

xxmaxinitxx

AurelieCatena

I'm interested.

What if the goal was not to kill your opponents but to capture them and keep them prisoners (possibly raped and tortured) until everybody but one is a prisoner? That would keep the game alive.

xxmaxinitxx

Quote from: AurelieCatena on December 16, 2012, 07:16:28 PM
I'm interested.

What if the goal was not to kill your opponents but to capture them and keep them prisoners (possibly raped and tortured) until everybody but one is a prisoner? That would keep the game alive.

Hmmmm. That could be interesting. but the problem would be that I'm afraid it would turn the whole game into more smut and most of the interactions would be sexual based. I'd have to figure a way to work that. We'll see though.

42ftw

xxmaxinitxx

Start creating your characters and sending them to me please!

42ftw

Looking at the character sheet and it seems they are almost all yes or no answers, is this correct? For instance it asks about working in a group, should I just put he's willing or will I need to put who?

xxmaxinitxx

Quote from: 42ftw on December 16, 2012, 09:35:03 PM
Looking at the character sheet and it seems they are almost all yes or no answers, is this correct? For instance it asks about working in a group, should I just put he's willing or will I need to put who?

It's mostly yes or no correct. If you want to elaborate, Like if you want to work in pairs but not with certain people/types of people, then you can. Otherwise if a yes or now would answer the question. Thats all you need.

42ftw

Last thing (sorry, still kind of new at this) when you ask for the angle for the outfit, what do you mean?

xxmaxinitxx

No problem. I'll make sure to go clarify that after I reply to this. The outfit is what you will be wearing during the interview. The angle is how you will act. Will you go for the strong and arrogant? Sexy and seductive? mysterious? Things like that.