Potential Teen Superhero Game

Started by Xerial, May 28, 2007, 10:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryvaken

Meh. The automatic characterization of a half-demon as having evil powers gets tiresome.
In creativity, meaning.

Valerian

They don't have to be evil powers.  Maybe they're just plain difficult to control.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

indarkestknight

Actually, was leaning more towards phasing/dream-walking/pheromones this time. Son of an incubus... and painfully shy.

Ryvaken

In creativity, meaning.

Seereous

I'd rather have the spider armor, personally.  Never was too good at the Brick role. *laughs* 

Who wants to help me think of a name?  These are the best that I can come up with concerning spiders:  Widowmaker, Recluse, Arachnis, and this is the point where my brain stops working.

Seereous

Quote from: Glabrezubane on May 30, 2007, 07:20:47 PM
Actually, was leaning more towards phasing/dream-walking/pheromones this time. Son of an incubus... and painfully shy.

Very Cool!  Great concept!

Ajoxer

Depends.

You're a skilled Capoera fighter, as you were mentioning- The dancing fighting style. And what spider is known more for it's causing dances?

Tarantula.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Seereous

Quote from: Ajoxer on May 30, 2007, 08:02:11 PM
Depends.

You're a skilled Capoera fighter, as you were mentioning- The dancing fighting style. And what spider is known more for it's causing dances?

Tarantula.

*nods* Thought about that as well. I considered Recluse because the Brown Recluse is an aggressive spider as well as being poisonous.

Okay.  Tarantula is on the table.  Any others?

schnookums

Yikes, all sortsa folks are queuing up for this game...

Valerian

How about Anansi, the spider from the African folktales?  He was called the Dancing Spider.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Seereous

Quote from: Valerian on May 30, 2007, 08:25:24 PM
How about Anansi, the spider from the African folktales?  He was called the Dancing Spider.

Very nice. Anansi.  I like it.

Valerian

I actually suggested a good name?  But I'm usually terrible with names.  *swoons in shock*

Heh.  Glad you like it.   :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ajoxer

Anansi, actually, is basically PERFECT for that character. Very intelligent... Make him a bit of a charmer/manipulator, and he's perfect.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Seereous

Looks like we have a winner then.  Anansi it is!  Very cool, thanx bunches! ;D

Valerian

You're very welcome.   :D

Now I just need a name for my character... though actually, maybe she doesn't even have a hero name, considering her powers...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Seereous

Quote from: Valerian on May 30, 2007, 08:49:23 PM
You're very welcome.   :D

Now I just need a name for my character... though actually, maybe she doesn't even have a hero name, considering her powers...

Mindseye?  *shrugs*

Ajoxer

Xerial

In order of what caught my eye/mind and in brief form, as for the moment I am ramblinbly incoherant...ish.

- The setting for the RP is contemporary Earth, but in the sense of most comics. The world is as it is today, but with magic, monsters, mutants and machina thrown into the mix;
- Powers and their sources are up to your imagination, but keep in mind this isn't a high power game, and while tech toys and magic items are allowed, they can be taken and possibly used against you;
- The game isn't necessarily first come first serve; I tend to be selective, and if you don't make the cut, I appologize ahead of time, but there is a semi-mystical force which guides my mind and the processes of selection which I often can't quantify... as usualy, however, questions, comments, concerns and death threats can be tendered via PM;
- The game will be a blend of combat, character interaction, and a hefty dose of puzzle solving to boot... one dimensional characters might have a chance of being accepted, but they might find themselves feeling left out from time to time;
- Radioactive mole men will be confined to anti-radiation running globes for the safety of their non-radioactive teammates;
- And limits with regards to powers will be discussed upon application, but one `reality` should be remembered... no matter how powerful you are or think you are, someone out there in the big bad universe can clip your wings, if only at a comically wrong moment for a short period of time;
- This isn't a hentai game, but tentacle-transformations may well result in the appearance of Lovecraft obsessed `heroes` intent on preventing the rise of the Elder Gods;
- A high IQ does not a survivalist make... for evidence, see the first five minutes of Idiocracy, or my life;
- I will not mention the idea for this game came to me while watching a flash video of a certain Teen Titan getting a birthday present, nope;
- Y'all are being observed like so many white mice... be wary... *Kefka laughter*

And with that glut of info spat out for your perusal, I offer the simple sheet of simplicity, but keep in mind what's been asked of you already:

Codename: 
Height/Weight: 
Hair/Eyes:
Appearance/Costume:

Kinks:
Frets:
Sexual Experience:

Personality Sketch:

Powers/Skills/Gear:

History:

PM your character when you're happy with 'em... lines will be open for at least a week on this.

firestorm

This caught my eye this afternoon, and I brainstormed up some character concepts at work.  Is there room for one exceedingly new person, or has recruitment already been slammed shut like an iron gate?

Xerial

Ryvaken

Do we have any kind of timeframe on how things are going? There was a call for PMs and then utter silence. Silence is not informative.
In creativity, meaning.

Ajoxer

He probably wants a decent number of characters before deciding who he'll accept- He's mentioned that he's rather picky, and it hurts a lot more to accept somebody and then kick them out for somebody you like better than to wait a while, y'know.

Xerial

Quote from: Ajoxer on June 02, 2007, 05:29:17 PM
He probably wants a decent number of characters before deciding who he'll accept- He's mentioned that he's rather picky, and it hurts a lot more to accept somebody and then kick them out for somebody you like better than to wait a while, y'know.

Correct in one... at least in part... I'm giving time for people to submit characters, then I will be adressing each application with a few additional questions/concerns as is fit... after those responses will come the roster... otherwise, how much more informative need I be?

Ryvaken

Quote from: Xerial on June 02, 2007, 06:04:05 PMhow much more informative need I be?
Enough to silence the monkeys in my brain. They get angsty when I don't know if I need to fix something or not. Wait, no! Stop! Not the sofa!! Excuse me, I need to get a squeegee rated for monkey poop.
In creativity, meaning.

firestorm

Well, I guess it is true: better to keep your mouth shut and look like an idiot than open your mouth and prove them all right.   :D  See what I can do about a character, then.