How about a Game of.....Thrones!? [Interest Check]

Started by Primarch, June 23, 2011, 10:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

So the first season is finished ~and what a first season!

Anyway, so I'd be interested in playing a Game of Thrones inspired RP, I was thinking base it at a similar point the series started with the game largely revolving around the King's search for a new Hand and all the politics that tends to go around. I'd encourage custom characters, but for a degree of ease in putting ourselves in their shoes and filling what needs feeling leaves the Houses themselves in place or at least some of the major houses (House Stark, Lannister & Baratheon) with perhaps a touch more flexibility on smaller houses. 

So is there an interest in such a game? If there is....let us forge it!

House Baratheon: Lord (King)/Lady/-
House Lannister: Lord/-/-
House Stark: Lord/Lady/-
House Greyjoy: Lord/Lady/-
House Tully: Lord/Lady/Heir

Interest for thus far:
Lady Lannister ~ Absinthe Tori
Stark Heir ~ Primarch
Baratheon daughter ~ Karlissa
King's Landing Whore ~ RedEve
Greyjoy Heir ~ TheHangedMan
Lannister Heir ~ mainsnoires

Character Sheet:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b] In society, Lord/Heir/Consort etc
[b]Appearance:[/b] ~Image, real person please~
[center][img] [/center][/img]

[b]Attire:[/b] Any clothes tend to be worn
[b]Armour:[/b] If applicable
[b]Weapon of Choice:[/b] If applicable

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Ambitions:[/b]
[b]Virtue:[/b]
[b]Vice:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

[b]Other details:[/b] Anything else worth knowing, being it a special talent, unusual trait or special trinket

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

Primarch

I'd imagine for each family we can have their current head, the wife, heir and other children, members of their court, knights, the Kingsguard and other individuals who are involved.

What would you pair be interested in?

TheHangedOne

I'd rather play a unique character, as I feel like I can never do an already created character justice.  Probably a body guard for one of the Lords/Ladies.

My tentative interest is because I like Game of Thrones, so I think it has potential, but the finer details are still pretty nebulous; I can't really dedicate to it yet, though I am dedicated to watching it develop and maybe contributing a bit to that process, if that makes any sense.
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 23, 2011, 10:47:07 AM
I'd rather play a unique character, as I feel like I can never do an already created character justice.  Probably a body guard for one of the Lords/Ladies.

My tentative interest is because I like Game of Thrones, so I think it has potential, but the finer details are still pretty nebulous; I can't really dedicate to it yet, though I am dedicated to watching it develop and maybe contributing a bit to that process, if that makes any sense.

Oh I have no interest in there been canon/created characters. I'd totally encourage custom characters, I'd only think using some established families to frame the game, give us roles to fill without all the land and power in the game being a free for all for customs to claim at will.
But if you have any input feel free!

Lithium

Quote from: Primarch on June 23, 2011, 10:37:43 AM
I'd imagine for each family we can have their current head, the wife, heir and other children, members of their court, knights, the Kingsguard and other individuals who are involved.

What would you pair be interested in?

I think that's way too many people involved, it's going to be nearly impossible to find enough players who actually remain active to fill even the primary roles there, let alone secondary and tertiary. I'd be more interested in something smaller scale for the simple reason that it would have better chances of actually taking off. Don't take that as me trying to make you change your idea or anything, it's just a suggestion and nothing more.

Primarch

Quote from: Lithium on June 23, 2011, 11:03:30 AM
I think that's way too many people involved, it's going to be nearly impossible to find enough players who actually remain active to fill even the primary roles there, let alone secondary and tertiary. I'd be more interested in something smaller scale for the simple reason that it would have better chances of actually taking off. Don't take that as me trying to make you change your idea or anything, it's just a suggestion and nothing more.

Makes sense to me. If people are interested beyond the primary roles we can open up the secondary stuff and more.

Shjade

Quote from: Lithium on June 23, 2011, 11:03:30 AM
If you take the major roles for granted it would be easier to run the game as background to the main plot, I'd think. It would require the players to all know the existing story, at least for whatever time period the RP takes place, but considering how much action was going on in the riverlands alone during the war it wouldn't be hard to just run some mercs and smallfolk while the Houses do their thing off-screen.

Ignoring the main characters entirely, save where the RP directly intersects with scenes from the series, seems like it'd be the easiest way to run a game in that setting. On paper, at least. Just a thought. ^.^
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Primarch

Quote from: Shjade on June 23, 2011, 01:31:42 PM
Ignoring the main characters entirely, save where the RP directly intersects with scenes from the series, seems like it'd be the easiest way to run a game in that setting. On paper, at least. Just a thought. ^.^

That's an idea , but then you miss the courtly politics that I think made the show great, which is why I'm trying to orchestrate a custom character AU of sorts. Although really I'm not against that either, I've just got a GoT muse I'd like to enjoy,

Zealously Jaded

I'm interested. I think that it would be an interesting concept to base a rp on :)

Primarch

Assuming we were to currently limit options to some of the Great Houses, these being
House Baratheon (the current Royal Family, now seeking a new Hand to the King)
House Lannister (them rich folk!)
House Stark (Wardens of the North!)
House Greyjoy (of the Iron Islands)
House Tully (Rulers of the Riverlands)

Who/what positions would people be interested in claiming?

Zealously Jaded

Ohhhh don't make me choose! lol I think if I'd have to pick I'd be a Lannister! If that's alright :)

Primarch

Quote from: Absinthe Tori on June 23, 2011, 05:21:28 PM
Ohhhh don't make me choose! lol I think if I'd have to pick I'd be a Lannister! If that's alright :)

Well I put you down for the Lannister Lady, assuming that's what you want. Once a few more are claimed I'll put up a character sheet.

Zealously Jaded

Lannister Lady would be great...thank you :) I don't think I should ever let my male side out...it's dark.

TheHangedOne

Okay, so wait a minute...I'm a bit confused. We are playing as the canonical characters, or we are creating new characters to replace the canonical ones?  ???
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 23, 2011, 07:48:50 PM
Okay, so wait a minute...I'm a bit confused. We are playing as the canonical characters, or we are creating new characters to replace the canonical ones?  ???

Creating characters to replace canons, the family name will be the same, with perhaps some traits, like the Lannisters are rich, the Stark's are Lords of the North, but the character themselves are your own creation. Consider it an AU.

TheHangedOne

Okay. This sounds like fun.  :-) I'll probably make a Stark boy. Much respect for the Wardens of the North.
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 23, 2011, 08:05:41 PM
Okay. This sounds like fun.  :-) I'll probably make a Stark boy. Much respect for the Wardens of the North.

Fancy making Lord Stark himself? I was going to take up the Heir, you can be my pa : D

TheHangedOne

Nah, I'm not particularly fond of being the big guy in charge.  :-) I'd have tos crap the concept I'm already working on.
Check out my poet tree!

Sasha

ummmmm I was only able to watch a couple shows of this ....and found it quite entertaining to say the least .

Ponders ...

bubby

Holy shitballs Primarch!

TAKING MY IDEA! Hating you....I'm kidding of course. GoT RAWKED...and the fact it was so close to the book just made me in awe. I notice though you have no House Targaryen.. how dare you!  ::)

If you add that..IF I can be Daenerys...I'd love to play.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 24, 2011, 02:56:55 AM
I notice though you have no House Targaryen.. how dare you!  ::)

If you add that..IF I can be Daenerys...I'd love to play.

As awesome as Drogo is, the number of houses and settings in the game means that even if we had half a dozen players they could be so spread out it makes interaction hard. A different country as Daenerys is in brings up this risk more then others I'm afraid. :/

bubby