Vampire: The Masquerade *game in creation*

Started by Aragem, January 10, 2009, 08:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elohim

Also are you looking for starting points characters?  Or are you looking to hand out some bonus points to characters in positions of power?

Elven Sex Goddess

For points total, give me a day or two to work on that.  I have to pull the books out.   But yes,  those in positions of status and power will get a bonus at start.   

Aragem

They'd have to.  I mean you can be Prince and Sheriff of the city without having the power the back your claim. 

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright,  I am going off memory here.   But here is something to start with.   

Elder creation;       Approval needed. 

Elder Character Creation:
Attributes; 10-7-5
Abilities 20-12-8
10 disciplines
7 virtues
15 backgrounds
20 freebies
Starting Generation: 11th  And generation must be purchased if want lowered it is not free.

Standard;

Attributes; 7-5-3
Abilities 13-9-5
3 disciplines  / 4 for starting Ancillas
7 virtues
5 backgrounds
15 freebies / 50 freebies for Ancillas
starting generation; 13th

Ghouls;

attribues; 6-4-3
abilities 11-7-4
discipline 1 potence 1 clan
virtues 7
backgrounds 5
freebies 20

Elohim

May I suggest elders start at 11 gen and be modded accordingly with background points?

Aragem

Should I change the name of the thread? 

We're no longer looking for a WoD game, but actually creating one.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Seraph on January 11, 2009, 10:14:18 PM
May I suggest elders start at 11 gen and be modded accordingly with background points?

Yes, good idea.

Quote from: Aragem on January 11, 2009, 10:16:47 PM
Should I change the name of the thread? 

We're no longer looking for a WoD game, but actually creating one.

Sure, be a good thing. :)

Also the elders,  who ever wants to play one.  Your going to be tasked to be a storyteller.  So basically the characters will be really npc.   Through can have other characters as pc.  Just not in the same sphere of influence of the elder.    Thus as the game goes along, and characters grow, players can rise up and claim various positions of power.   

Vandren

Quote from: Asherah on January 11, 2009, 10:11:02 PMAlright,  I am going off memory here.   But here is something to start with.   

Those sounds correct from the V:tM and War of Ages books.  Ghouls depend.  From V:tM, that would be it, from Ghouls: Fatal Addiction, they get Potence and one other discipline dot ("clan" one).  Obviously, that doesn't have to be the case.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Aragem

I think I'll start with a few generic vampires since this will be my first game.  Don't worry, you won't have to hold my hand too much.  I'm doing research right now, but it's a little overwhelming, the mechanics of it that is.  But don't worry, I'll hack my way through it all.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Vandren on January 11, 2009, 10:29:47 PM
Those sounds correct from the V:tM and War of Ages books.  Ghouls depend.  From V:tM, that would be it, from Ghouls: Fatal Addiction, they get Potence and one other discipline dot ("clan" one).  Obviously, that doesn't have to be the case.  :)

Thanks,  I was thinking two and I was stuck on thinking potence but what else was not sure in memory.   Through think be better if go with the fatal addiction.

RubySlippers

You missed a few clans first any Independents that decided to join the Camarilla, since they are officially the real faction that oversee all Kindred (save the Sabbat naturally) so technically a Setite or other caln could be in the camp. ANd the White Trash of the vampire world the clanless Caitiff.

Are you allowing Merits and Flaws? I never go overboard but they do add nice flavor taking a few points in each.

Vandren

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 12, 2009, 12:16:11 AMYou missed a few clans first any Independents that decided to join the Camarilla, since they are officially the real faction that oversee all Kindred (save the Sabbat naturally) so technically a Setite or other clan could be in the camp. And the White Trash of the vampire world the clanless Caitiff.

None of whom typically have any representation in Primogen councils, which is what the list of clans below was for.  Unless, of course, the city Prince is feeling notably liberal and magnanimous.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Imogen

I have been part of various VtM Chronicles for the past ten years, with a strong preference for the Camarilla Clans. Toreador and Tremere are among my favorites, although I can manage each of the other clans. I've played prince, seneschal, primogen, sheriff, scourge, harpies, elders, neonates, ghouls and childer. If the Gm's like, I'd happily toss my hat in for a council member.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mia

I would love to play a ghoul... if any vampire wants me that is.
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

ON and OFF: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8615.0

RubySlippers

Quote from: Vandren on January 12, 2009, 07:20:50 AM
None of whom typically have any representation in Primogen councils, which is what the list of clans below was for.  Unless, of course, the city Prince is feeling notably liberal and magnanimous.  :)

Caitiff are fun and face it everyone in the clans ignore them, until they find out that little upstart actually has a power base built up and agents of her own.
:D

As for the other ones I understand nor reps on the council but remember Camrilla Law is all Kindred are under their authority ,unless Sabbat, if they like it or not. So a Setite could be in the sect just won't have any power just like a Caitiff. Actually the Setite might be treated better they at least have a proper ,if degenerate, clan.
;)

Elven Sex Goddess

It was answered before,  the clans listed are what is of the core camarilla clans prior 1999.   Since I listed the Gangrel amongst still.  Since a cam game,  the purpose is to build the camarilla and get it established and going.  Then the game can start branching out, establishing the sabbat,  indepentents and anarchs. 

A good catiff is fodder that obeys.   Just teasing,  they can be fun to play.   :)

Quote from: Mia on January 12, 2009, 08:44:44 AM
I would love to play a ghoul... if any vampire wants me that is.

Sure that be no problem.     :)

Quote from: Imogen on January 12, 2009, 07:50:07 AM
I have been part of various VtM Chronicles for the past ten years, with a strong preference for the Camarilla Clans. Toreador and Tremere are among my favorites, although I can manage each of the other clans. I've played prince, seneschal, primogen, sheriff, scourge, harpies, elders, neonates, ghouls and childer. If the Gm's like, I'd happily toss my hat in for a council member.

Great hun,  pm me what you would like to take on.  :)

Vandren

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 12, 2009, 09:44:29 AMAs for the other ones I understand nor reps on the council but remember Camrilla Law is all Kindred are under their authority ,unless Sabbat, if they like it or not. So a Setite could be in the sect just won't have any power just like a Caitiff. Actually the Setite might be treated better they at least have a proper ,if degenerate, clan.
;)

I'd respond, but since you've missed the point a few times already (that no one's disagreeing that your scenario is possible, if unlikely, but that your scenario was not the point of the initial list), it'd be a waste of my breath.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Anyhoo . . .

Due to time and whatnot, I think I'll start out with a Gangrel ancilla/neonate.  I'll use the slash there because the locals probably won't be certain which he is.  :)

Aragem

I'm working out the details of my characters, but so far I have inside my head . . ..

A female Toreador
Female Ventrue
A female Malkavian (a vampire kid with ADHD)
Male Nosferatu
Toreador and Gangrel brothers

Working on the character sheets.  Bit confusing, I never filled out a Character sheet like this before, but I am up to the challenge.

RubySlippers

Caitiff then for me, how old likely either an Ancilla or Neonate, they are not technically a Clan per se but are in the Camarilla so should be kosher. I don't really want to play an Elder proper in any case. To much responsibility and too many people in the power games trying to bite your neck open to get your assets.

Will be a new arrival but at least have the benefit of a Letter of Introduction from someone important enough in the sect to let her into the city without to much hassle, hence an Ancilla is more likely. If a Neonate will be your typical embrace that failed to properly imprint the clan trait and well has a pissed off Sire figuring what they did wrong.
;)

Muse

*Offer's his wrist to Mia to drink from*  Don't fear the reaper. 

I have multiple ideas, but would like to speak to Asku about them, since she pointed me here, and Mia as well if she'd like to be my ghoul. 

Do we have any thoughts yet on pacing?  Setting?  External sources of conflict?  if the pace will be one I can handle, I'd like to do one of the elders, though Vampire never was my favorite old world of darkness game. 

A thought, this being Elliquiy, are we going to slightly blur the vampiric physical atrophy of passion?  Or are we all satisfied with feeding as the true sexuality of the kindred? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elohim

I know admittedly I am turned on by bloodletting... so I vote that blood drinking is the epitome of kindred arousal. *giggles madly*

Mia

Quote from: Muse on January 14, 2009, 01:24:01 AM
*Offer's his wrist to Mia to drink from*  Don't fear the reaper. 

I have multiple ideas, but would like to speak to Asku about them, since she pointed me here, and Mia as well if she'd like to be my ghoul. 

Seems to me I have found myself a master :)
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

Beowulff

hey everyone I have about 7 years exp with vtm and love it. My favorite clan is of course the Malkavian. Who doesn't like them P:) ?
anyways I would be up to play a elder that spends his time in the network taking as many insanitys as he can. As for my initial I think I will go with halucinations paranoia and schizophrenia and mabye narcissism. Trust me I can play any insanity you want or most at the same time. :) just ask muse. I have enough exp to be a elder or mabye even the primogen. I will just wait for your approval and I will make the char. If you have any questions just PM me and we can talk.
Also how many points in flaws can we take I love having flaws they give me so much to play on. :) 
Break the chains and constraints "normal" society has placed on our souls. Show them what a gamer really is. Let them know how far from satin you are.
To gamer Freedom :)

RubySlippers

And Merits I always like taking a few points of Flaws to get a few points in brownie points in her favor, I don't like going overboard myself just to get a few extra xp's during character creation. Might I suggest 7 pts, in each with at least 1/2 the total Flaw points (rounded down) must go into Merits. And I would add limiting Supernatural Merits at least the abused ones like Unbondable, even for ghouls. That takes away one of the horrors of the game that of being a slave to another vampire in the Food Chain. Just ideas thats all.

I for one as a Caitiff will be looking for around 4 pts. in each since I'm leaning to a Neonate, less complicated and even more ignorable on the vampire food chain at the start.

Mia

(assuming I will be Muse's ghoul)

Who my character will be much depends on who Muse's character is so I wait for him to make up his mind first.