X-Men Group - An Interest Check.

Started by Pockets, January 09, 2010, 06:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pockets

X-Men: The Future Now

The time of Charles Xavier's X-Men are gone. All of his X-men have died their final death, retired to enjoy their last few years in as much peace as they could muster, and those that still had the will to fight on but knew they were past the point where they'd be of any use stayed on at the Institute to teac the next generation.

The year is 2045 and Charles Xavier has left us. Dying peacefully in his bed, surrounded by friends and family as he passed of old age. In his place his only son, Joseph Neramani-Xavier has taken up the mantle of leadership and is forging a new team prepared to stop old and new enemies with equal efficiency. Drawing from the many children of former X-Men, he draws together two teams.

One will be the X-Men who are there to do a job with as much finesse as possible, few casualties and minimal destruction of property.

The other will be X-Force. The heavy hitters who are sent to do a job, property damage be damned. Though he has issues with excessive loss of life. Enemies who die are one thing, but he still strives to keep non-combatants free of the firezones.

Meanwhile, humanity still struggles with accepting mutantkind as it's brother and there are groups out there who intend to do whatever it takes to put mutants in their rightful place... at the foot of their human masters or buried underfoot.

Still others hold to Magneto's views. If humanity will not accept us as brothers and sisters, then they will either bow to mutant dominance or they were be crushed under heel.

Which side will you take?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously this is simply an interest thread. I've kept details to a minimum for the moment because I'm wanting to see if the interest is there for more than a two or three person thread before I try and work out more details than what I have given. If anyone's interested please PM me or leave a note here expressing interest. If enough people are interested, I'll petition the Gods and Goddesses for our own corner of the E forum for use in this endeavor.

Also within your PM/reply please leave a note as to any possible adult expectations you have? This way we can place it appropriately.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Josietta

*jumps on board and encourages other filthy muties to join*

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Crovonovin

desert ashes

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

PhantomPistoleer

Is this freeform or system?  If the latter, consider me interested.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Pumpkin Seeds

This sounds cool :: throws hat into the ring::

Wolfy

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 09, 2010, 09:05:13 PM
Is this freeform or system?  If the latter, consider me interested.

And if the former, Count me in. ^-^

GreenHavok

Kizurin

Interested if the system is freeform. Might be if there is a system.
My switches ON and OFF
When Kizurin is away...

I am rooting for you Vekseid, stay healthy.

The human species is made up of seven billion subspecies each consisting of one specimen. 
~Robert Brault

Immortal Cherubin

A/A
O/O

I'm the Doctor; I'm worse than everyone's aunt!    And that is not how I'm introducing myself.

To everyone that I am currently Rping with and to my friends, I am going on a well deserved vacation tomorrow 15.8 and I will return around 30.8 my in that time I won't make any posts because I need to rest my body and soul from the computer.

Spell

Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Kolbrandr

interested if system based in some fashion.

Pockets

Chances are it's going to be freeform, unless there is need for dice roles to resolve issues between characters. Then I'd probably do something with dice. But I'm not really about hardcore rules for story, which is something I'm wanting. I've already gotten started a little side story with Josietta that could fall into this story.

Also PEOPLE NEED TO EXPRESS THE LEVEL OF EXTREMES THEY MIGHT WISH TO SEE IN THE GAME this way I can see about putting this in the appropriate area.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Crovonovin

I'm basically as flexible as they come.  So long as the story and characters keep me interested, I can work with just about anything under the sun.  My character might end up being a bit bestial though.

Immortal Cherubin

Well I am also easy to work with, if the story keeps me interested I don't mind the level of extremes.
A/A
O/O

I'm the Doctor; I'm worse than everyone's aunt!    And that is not how I'm introducing myself.

To everyone that I am currently Rping with and to my friends, I am going on a well deserved vacation tomorrow 15.8 and I will return around 30.8 my in that time I won't make any posts because I need to rest my body and soul from the computer.

Kizurin

Great count me in then. And hmm.. Level of extremes... Well, hmmm... I can see and watch everything, participate in? I guess I am rather flexible? My big 'no' are in my O/O, but other then that I can be convinced to most things..

Other then that I can not wait to see what you will come up with Pockets.

And I just realised that there are less Ladies interested then I thought.. Not that I mind.
My switches ON and OFF
When Kizurin is away...

I am rooting for you Vekseid, stay healthy.

The human species is made up of seven billion subspecies each consisting of one specimen. 
~Robert Brault

PhantomPistoleer

I was hoping for something more crunchy, like M&M2E.  I'm out!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Wolfy

Still interested. ;D

Flexible as well, for the most part. o3o

Rachubka

Mnemaxa

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Pumpkin Seeds

Pockets

Alright everyone, I'm gonna see about getting this group started perhaps tomorrow when I get a chance to try and contact the upper Echelon of Elliquiy society and get something started.

So for now, here is a bio form to work with. Please try to keep things reasonable for the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Name:
Nickname(s):
Code Name:
Parent(s): (One of which must be a Marvel canon character)
Roll: (Student, X-Force, X-Men, Villian, Independent)
Character Model: (If using an actor/actress to portray character, list whom here)

Nationality: (White, black, native American, etc)
Orientation: (gay, straight, etc)
Dominance: (Dominant, Switch, Sub) [If you're character doesn't have a preference, go with Switch. Please)

Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:

Known Mutant Power(s):

Weaknesses
General Personality/Traits:

History:

(Please keep in mind that the leadership positions for most teams will be taken by me to help guide the story along)
08/02 - New A/A Update

Wolfy

Question, pockets..does our character HAVE to be related to a marvel character?

Pockets

I'd prefer it. That's part of the general concept. Though the parent(s) don't have to be heroes. They could just as easily be villians. This is the next generation, taking up where there parents left off.
08/02 - New A/A Update