For The Crown [New Positions Open =D]

Started by LimitlessNikkie, June 19, 2011, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

*Insert canned audience applause here for Eeyore*

So does this mean we're full up and will start soon?  :D

aya

Changed to 38; so, there's not going to be a Theiri king it seems, unless I missed it. How are we going to be working around that?

I kind of wrote Lyssa to be able to rule, just in case- if we don't get anyone we can just go that route unless there's a better idea.

DarkRose15

Quote from: bubby on June 27, 2011, 12:08:22 AM
*Insert canned audience applause here for Eeyore*

So does this mean we're full up and will start soon?  :D

I think there are still a few other parts that need to be filled but it looks like we're close ^_^!
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

LimitlessNikkie

I'm going to wait till tomarrow before setting up the threads, but keep recruitment open untill all the main roles are filled. Unless we magically fill the open spots by tomarrow Aya as queen of theiri will rule as if her king is ill and Aserits Heir will be leading a campain against another kingdom. The princess of Therir will be NPCed (i'll write up a basic vague bio tonight) and will be replaced when and if we get someone to fill her dainty shoes.

On to other matters. Theres been alot of castle sugessions for Aserit so if you could all vote between
Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 24, 2011, 09:08:55 AMNumber 1
here's another idea.
this
Quote from: NileGoddess on June 24, 2011, 05:21:58 PMNumber 2
http://images.alphacoders.com/656/65619.jpg
or this
QuoteNumber 3 [url=http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/newsletter/2008_07/em_fixture_rvr_fortress.jpg]http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/newsletter/2008_07/em_fixture_rvr_fortress.jpg
That would be great!

Unless anyone for Theiri disagree this will be the Theiri castle
Quote from: aya on June 24, 2011, 11:04:01 PM
here :P

TheHangedOne

Obviously, I'm voting for the one I suggested...  :D
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Joslyn

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 27, 2011, 12:28:19 AM
I'm going to wait till tomarrow before setting up the threads, but keep recruitment open untill all the main roles are filled. Unless we magically fill the open spots by tomarrow Aya as queen of theiri will rule as if her king is ill and Aserits Heir will be leading a campain against another kingdom. The princess of Therir will be NPCed (i'll write up a basic vague bio tonight) and will be replaced when and if we get someone to fill her dainty shoes.

Juliette can be put in the princess role if we assume the King of Theiri publicly acknowledged her. It might be easier than running yet another NPC.

LimitlessNikkie

If your willing to play it I'm more then happy to have you step up to being a court princess. Thank you so much Joslyn, you just saved me half an hour of writing!

Joslyn

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 27, 2011, 12:37:51 AM
If your willing to play it I'm more then happy to have you step up to being a court princess. Thank you so much Joslyn, you just saved me half an hour of writing!

I'll edit my character sheet then. :)

DarkRose15

LimitlessNikkie

K thanks DarkRose.

I'm thinking of putting this game in bondage, if anyone has issue with that speak now or forever hold your peace.

DarkRose15

Joslyn

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 27, 2011, 12:58:26 AM
I'm thinking of putting this game in bondage, if anyone has issue with that speak now or forever hold your peace.

Sounds good to me too. Though I'd also be fine with being in NC-H section.

I updated Juliette's background. At the start of the game, I'm going to assume she's only been acknowledged as princess for about a month. I also decided she would not take the family surname (which I assume is Theiri) in order to make the nobles slightly less upset. I think I may write up a few blurbs on some minor NPCs as TheHangedMan did.

LimitlessNikkie

Your more then welcome to Joslyn. I'm creating the character thread now so if anyone edits there chafracter please please please let me know.

LimitlessNikkie

DarkRose15

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

LimitlessNikkie

Theiri and Aserit threads are now up and links can be found on the first post in this thread. The game will start with the Aserit monarchy departing for their visit to the Theiri court and Theiri preparing for their visit. Let the games begin!

Joslyn

Kiko — Juliette’s mother, age 44. Despite a difficult life, she has aged gracefully. Like her daughter she has pale skin and dark hair. Kiko was a servant in the royal palace until a brief romance with the current king resulted in her becoming pregnant. She was banished from the castle and blacklisted as a servant. With no other skills, Kiko was forced to turn to prostitution to survive. Since then she has become a seamstress and owns a small shop, with an apprentice working for her. She is currently dating another merchant, and Juli has been very pleased to see how happy her mother is lately. Kiko is no longer banned from the palace, but has no desire to go there in order to avoid stirring up trouble for her daughter.

Corporal Nira Smithson — Juliette’s bodyguard, age 22. Towering over her former commander at 5’11, Nira is also much more muscular than Juli, but not necessarily to an unattractive extent. She has fair skin and short-cropped brown hair. Nira wears chain mail armor and an imposing battle-ax rests at her back. She also carries a small crossbow. She served under Juli in the Ghosts for three years, and still calls her “Major” when there are no nobles about. Nira is constantly watching for threats and takes things too seriously, causing Juli to try to drag a laugh out of her now and then. Nira is cunning, but not necessarily intelligent. She loves the thrill of combat and is fiercely loyal to Juli. The two women were briefly lovers, but never really connected emotionally or intellectually and drifted apart.

Colonel Galen Darkstrike — Friend of Juliette, age 56. A still athletic man with graying hair and a short beard, Galen is cheerful and talkative. He is relatively wealthy but not a noble, with a comfortable estate in the city. He has a wife, three children, and five grandchildren. Founder of the Ghosts, an elite Theiri military unit. The Ghosts use hit-and-run tactics against enemy forces which threaten trade caravans, and also go behind enemy lines to interdict supplies and troop movements. Retired six years ago. Galen and Juliette act like a couple of old war buddies when left to their own devices, though he has also been a mentor and father-figure to her.

Knight-Major Sir Marius Tirgen — Commander of the Ghosts, age 31. A ruggedly handsome man who can be charismatic but whose default attitude is “condescending.” He has short brown hair, and his appearance is immaculate when he is not out in the field. In the field he wears chain armor and is armed with a short sword, buckler, and crossbow. However, when not deployed (and therefore having no need for stealth) he favors plate armor, sword, and shield. He is a knight from a wealthy background who serves out of zealous loyalty to the crown. He is a former rival of Juliette’s within the Ghosts, who felt snubbed when he was passed over for command of the unit. He is elitist, sexist, xenophobic, and opinionated, though Juli earned his gruding respect and softened his attitudes somewhat. She also taught him a lot about tactics and molded him into better officer. Juli and Marius used to get along poorly, but since he gained command of the Ghosts and learned Juli is a princess he has warmed to her considerably.

LimitlessNikkie

Your NPCs have been added Joslyn thank you for writing them up :)

MagicalPen

I second Nile Goddess's Castle Suggestion (the 2nd one linked).

Also, what are you expecting in regards to the posting rate for this?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

TheHangedOne

I made a post. If their's anything wrong with it, I'll gladly change it.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

NileGoddess

CrazyIvan

I just hope there are more Aserit princesses, I want to try practicing.... diplomacy with them :) . Nothing against the current one it is just she is to young as is, at only 15, and they don't seem like they would get along with there personalities.

LimitlessNikkie

Base number for posting rate is once a week, more is welcome as long as you don't leave anyone behind story wise.

I'll get an OOC up in a minute, It was really late when I finished last night so honestly I forgot...:)

Recruitment will stay open for anyone who would like to join. At this moment I'm more focused on guys, since the current standing is 6 to 4 without counting NPCs.

DomShark

The Basics
Name: Eyes
Sex: Female
Orientation: Straight
Role: Sight-Hound

The Look
Height: 3'4"
Weight: 65 lbs.
Hair: Silver, black and grey
Eyes: gold
Skin: hidden
Anything else: A scar over her left eye.

The story
Likes: Outdoors, night time, human food, day naps, having low on her stomach scratched.
Dislikes: Violence, people threatening her or her Master, going hungry, horses, arrows.
Personality: Eyes is very opinionated and protective over the ones she loves. Her relationship with Sanguine is precious to her and she knows that it is mutually beneficial. She has known him for nearly all of her life and has cherished the luxury of being his eyes for him. She gets nervous and combative sometimes when he is away from her for too long and views his safety as her personal responsibility.
Habits: Whining when she doesn't like something, biting her tail, sleeping late.
Skills: Stealth has been practiced into her from years of following San on his various missions, contracts and raids. She shares his survival instinct and his love of peace. She can also take down a horse if the situation demands it.
History: Eyes' parents were killed by bandits who had stumbled upon their lair, seeking refuge from pursuing guards. Her parents killed a few of them, but the bandits eventually killed both wolves with their tools. Some of the men nearly killed Eyes as well, before Sanguine took up the fight to save her life. He killed far more of the men than her parents did, even with his problem, San had saved her life. She still wears the scar from that day, and the two have been inseparable ever since.
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.