Pathfinder Kingdom Building (interest check)

Started by Autocad, July 04, 2016, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocad

Interest check for a kingdom building game based on Pathfinder's kingdom building rules.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/kingdom-building

It could be based on Kingmaker book 2 or something homebrew.

Players get to be in positions of power like being ruler, general, spymaster, etc., all that good stuff.

A turn would be a month run using the kingdom rules, with a small event (perhaps one encounter's worth) each turn for the personal touch.

Feel free to chime in with interest or suggestions.

Jaded

I would potentially be interested.  Is Kingmaker similar to the Ultimate Campaign version?
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/kingdomsAndWar.html

Chulanowa

Would the characters start off with wresting the kingdom for themselves, or will they be starting already in charge of a kingdom? Or a little of both, "you're in charge, now go build a kingdom"?

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Tamhansen

Quote from: Jaded on July 04, 2016, 09:53:43 PM
I would potentially be interested.  Is Kingmaker similar to the Ultimate Campaign version?

The kingmaker rules were the original version of the UC rules, but they were hastily written, and rather unbalanced. Smart groups could swarm over the map within two years. The UC rules made it better, but not perfect. Later a third party book came out. Ultimate rulership, which balanced it even further.

But basically all three are in essence the same.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

National Acrobat

Potentially interested depending on setup, etc.

Dilaculo

I'd like to express my interest as well! And point out that, yes, the system got a bit more coverage in Ultimate Campaign, alongside other rules for Downtime.

Autocad

QuoteI would potentially be interested.  Is Kingmaker similar to the Ultimate Campaign version?
The Ultimate Campaign version of the rules will be used. The setting / geography / plot can be based on Kingmaker or it can be homebrew, depending on popular consensus.

QuoteWould the characters start off with wresting the kingdom for themselves, or will they be starting already in charge of a kingdom? Or a little of both, "you're in charge, now go build a kingdom"?
The party starts off having just accomplished a deed of great heroism, and as a reward are granted relatively uncivilized land to build up into a vassal kingdom by an existing power.

Grizzly

Potentially interested as well.  I've never played Kingmaker nor used the Kingdom rules in UC so this would be me learning it.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

CirclMastr

Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Autocad on July 05, 2016, 05:41:53 PM
The Ultimate Campaign version of the rules will be used. The setting / geography / plot can be based on Kingmaker or it can be homebrew, depending on popular consensus.
The party starts off having just accomplished a deed of great heroism, and as a reward are granted relatively uncivilized land to build up into a vassal kingdom by an existing power.

Alright! So long as we get to do soem adventuring and it's not just a text-based RTS, I'm in

Chaeronea

Potentially interested. I don't have much experience with Pathfinder, but I've heard it's very similar to D&D 3.5 (with which I have quite a bit of experience). What levels would our characters start at? And would they get to do adventuring as well as managing the kingdom?

National Acrobat

Quote from: Autocad on July 05, 2016, 05:41:53 PM

Ok, definitely interested.

Tamhansen

ons and offs

Soveliss

I'd be interested in playing a bookwormy witch (as in, the class from the Advanced Player's guide) who would be running the kingdom's financial books, if everyone's okay with that. Else, I'll find another concept.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

PhantomPistoleer

When I played Kingmaker, my group loathed the kingdom building process because it usually came down to one person calling all the shots.  However, things really picked up when everyone got their own city to develop.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Tamhansen

I think it depends. I loved the system, and our group really spread the workload, which made the city so much better.
ons and offs

Callie Del Noire

I could do this.. Kingmaker is one of the APs that keep dying on me. :D

Autocad

Woot, glad to see a healthy amount of interest in this.

So, getting into more gritty details, if you are seriously interested can you post the following for my count :

1) What role from the rules do you want to play? Choose only one please. You can change later if there is overlap between players.
2) For those who want to play the Ruler, if the spot is not available, would you settle for a nonruler role, or would you rather be Ruler of your own small fief separate from the others?

Jaded

1) Probably Magister.  A Wizard, Witch, or Sorceress as the class I am thinking.

Chulanowa

It's kind of hard to say right off the bat - I would tend to place role after the character itself. And to build a character, it helps to have an idea of the setting. Several are tempting; High Priest is always fun, since it really lets you nudge your way into the character of the kingdom. But I'm honestly feeling more of a "cunning" angle for this, I want to do some of the politicking. Which points towards Spymaster or Grand Diplomat.

It's hard to pick one; but between the two I think the Grand Diplomat role would have more... function? while we're getting things established, and builds nicely. Spymaster feels more like a "late game" role - I mean when you're just starting a kingdom, what's the spymaster keeping tabs on, five gremlisn who keep stealing socks?

So, grand diplomat for me; I'd be willing to trade if someone else wants it bad, though  ;D Also, is it possible to double up, i.e, be an influential position and a "minor" one like Consort or Royal Enforcer (the ones with no penalty if you're missing it)

Soveliss

As I said, I was thinking a bookworm witch treasurer, but I am open to changing if there are too many arcane magic users in the party.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Tamhansen

I'd love to play diplomat or if not taken the ruler. Have a brilliant oracle that could fit either role.
ons and offs

swordwind

National Acrobat

I'd want to play a cavalier or knight type, so someone who is head of the guard, responsible for enforcing edicts, parsing out justice, serving as guard or hand for non-martial types who go forth representing the ruler on official business, etc. Court Knight or something similar.

Zaer Darkwail

National Acrobat: Then your case you could be either Warden (guy who enforces laws in large settlement) or Marshal (who enforces also laws but works mostly outside the capital).

I voice interest on this; I would primarily want to be a Ruler, exact class will be determined later when others do picks but it would be charisma based (so sorcerer, warlord if Path of War is allowed, bard, paladin etc). If ruler is not available I am open for Councilor or General.

Chaeronea

I agree with Chulanowa that I'd like to have more information about the setting before creating a character. However I do have a couple of ideas. One is a character I played before, a rogue with some levels in the shadowdancer prestige class who has a real hatred for a certain evil cult. The other is a ranger who doesn't have ranger magic but instead has a couple of levels in the sorceror class, and who focuses on hunting monsters - basically a witcher from the games and novels of the same name. So a potential Spymaster and a potential Marshal.

National Acrobat

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 07, 2016, 06:25:00 AM
National Acrobat: Then your case you could be either Warden (guy who enforces laws in large settlement) or Marshal (who enforces also laws but works mostly outside the capital).

I voice interest on this; I would primarily want to be a Ruler, exact class will be determined later when others do picks but it would be charisma based (so sorcerer, warlord if Path of War is allowed, bard, paladin etc). If ruler is not available I am open for Councilor or General.

Right, thanks for the Clarification.

Warden or Marshal, that fits with what I'm going for.

Depending on the main religion in the area, I'd likely go with Order of the Star to align with whatever faith the High Priest/Priestess is of.

Autocad

Okay so since some people have requested it, here is the setting.

The game starts in Kingmaker book 2. PCs are level 4 after having defeated the bandit leader Stag Lord and his motley band of ne'er-do-wells in the Greenbelt as their backstory. The swordlords of Rostland issue a charter to the PCs granting them permission to establish a colony in the Greenbelt as well as enough supplies to get them started.

Now as for roles, if there is more than one player who wants to be a ruler, I can have multiple settlements to spread them out. I am compiling separate lists for rulers and non-rulers, you can express interest in both. Again, please try to stick to one non-ruler role, if there are multiple listed I will track only the first one (for my own sanity).

Ruler Interest Roster

Tamhansen
Zaer Darkwail

Non-Ruler Interest Roster

Jaded: Magister
Chulanowa: Grand Diplomat
Soveliss: Treasurer
Tamhansen: Diplomat
Zaer Darkwail: Councilor
Chaeronea: Spymaster
National Acrobat: Warden

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, Tamhansen, do you want share the ruler slot with my char? I have so far thoughts on sorcerer (using imperial human bloodline). Or want go for diplomat with your oracle? Or as mentioned I can cover counsilor role if you really want to be a ruler.

Or go simply roll d6 dice to help decide :). Whoever rolls highest wins and if same result, re-roll again.

Tamhansen

I'd love the ruler role, but I'll happily roll you for it.
ons and offs

Tamhansen

ons and offs

Zaer Darkwail

You rolled 3 times :P. Albeit first roll is a 5 but it's 2 minutes before rolls of 1 and then 4. Would be less confusing what for rolls were if you would had named what for the rolls were.

Tamhansen

Yeah. Sorry. Sometimes i get confused by dicebot. It kept telling me 'this is a test roll' so i guess i linked the wrong one, sorry. Naming them is a good idea.
ons and offs

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, so first roll was 5 and thus your ruler :). I go as counsilor then.

Tamhansen

Thanks, yeah. To be fair I think all that means is I eventually get to add my stat to all three kingdom stats. Also, that you get to do the important rolls, which might be for the best, as evidenced before. Also, that means Chula can be our diplomancer.

What character creation rules do we get? And are we using the ruler skills optional rule?
ons and offs

Zaer Darkwail

I checked that which leadership roles need filled to avoid any penalties in kingdom (if spots get filled then you do not suffer penalties);

Ruler = Absolutely needed (without him we cannot claim hexes, create buildings, roads, farms and unrest goes by +4 every upkeep turn).
Councilor = -2 loyalty, cannot benefit from holiday edict action and unrest increases by 1 during upkeep phase.
General = -4 loyalty decrease.
Diplomat = -2 stability and cannot issue diplomatic nor exploration edicts.
High Priest = -2 stability&loyalty and during upkeep phase unrest increases by 1.
Magister = -4 economy.
Marshal = -4 economy.
Spymaster = -4 economy and during upkeep unrest increases by 1.
Treasurer = -4 economy and cannot do collect taxes edicts. During collection of taxes kingdom cannot gain taxes and it's considered 'none'.
Viceroy = If you have none at vassal state, the state counts to have same penalties as with no ruler in it.
Warden = -2 stability&loyalty.

Now, all rest roles do not have no penalties if their absent. Also every player can cover only single role and I think most critical roles are the ruler and treasurer (as without treasurer you cannot collect tax = gain no BP via taxes). Also any role which causes unrest = people are not happy and they will go rebel. We got 11 spots but we got no players cover them all I think so we need be mindful what we pick. Either case ruler adds his charisma modifier to either Economy, Loyalty or Stability (so if we lack some aspect we can boost it up with ruler focusing on that attribute first or boost secondary strong attribute and thus have two strong attributes).

Also using BP (resources, around 1,000gp = 1 BP in start) can be used improve attributes in the kingdom (example alchemy adds +1 to economy and needs just be adjacent to one house as requirement). So no stress if ecomony is low (it just means via taxes we do not gain nothing much for BP value) but if stability is low it results rapid growth in unrest and it can result loss of hexes (and at 20 = kingdom falls to anarchy). So stability or able deal with unrest (or negate it) is important as is loyalty (as if loyalty falls = people loose respect/trust on you).

Just bit math here on my own part to determine best leadership positions which to pick for good start :).

Quote from: Tamhansen on July 07, 2016, 05:48:30 PM
Thanks, yeah. To be fair I think all that means is I eventually get to add my stat to all three kingdom stats. Also, that you get to do the important rolls, which might be for the best, as evidenced before. Also, that means Chula can be our diplomancer.

What character creation rules do we get? And are we using the ruler skills optional rule?

Yeah, it depends on settlement size when you add charisma to all three stats. But other leaders also make important rolls (like warden rolls for stability roll during upkeep phase).

Zaer Darkwail

So far I am leaning to Bard (negotiator archtype) or Monk (Wanderer archtype). Both cases a human.

Tamhansen

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 07, 2016, 05:52:08 PM
snip

Yeah, it depends on settlement size when you add charisma to all three stats. But other leaders also make important rolls (like warden rolls for stability roll during upkeep phase).

yeah, but the councilor does the edicts iirc, and they are the ones that get us to a good start, or not.

Loyalty is a good stat, but luckily doesn't come up a lot. I've played several games where it was more than a year before one came up. Stab is the most important one, at first anyway.

If we're playing the kingmaker as written, we start with 50 BP, and we can get a castle at half price. Though this may sound like a lot of BP for one building, it does add a whole lot of stats, as well as defense to the capital.
ons and offs

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, better get castle for half-price definately. We after all are still middle of wild dangerous wilderness.

Tamhansen

Also I think we can leave the viceroy, at least until we start colonising Rostov :P

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 07, 2016, 06:08:23 PM
So far I am leaning to Bard (negotiator archtype) or Monk (Wanderer archtype). Both cases a human.
Cool. I'm going Gnome oracle of Lore. Based mostly on leading stuff, but good at being a wall in combat.

Wonder if we're allowed to recruit Oleg and Svetlana to fill empty seats.
ons and offs

Tamhansen

If everyone joins in, we'd be short a high priest, general and marshall.
ons and offs

Autocad

You can have NPCs fill in missing roles, so it's not the end of the world if there aren't enough players to fill'em all.

Here are the character creation rules:

Level 4
25 point buy
Max HP at first level, half hit dice HP afterwards
2 traits, 1 extra trait can be taken with 1 drawback
6000 gp

Optional rules start off disabled to minimize complexity, but may be activated later on if things are rolling smoothly. So, it's a good idea to build up the relevant skills.

National Acrobat

I will draw up a half elf cavalier. If there isn't a high priest with an appropriate faith, I'll choose a different order than the star.

Jaded

I wouldn't mind switching to a Half-Elf Bonded Witch as Marshal (assuming people don't mind that it wouldn't be her primary ability score for the benefit) if material from splat books is allowed, and if no one else is taking Marshal.

Tamhansen

It's up to you, Jaded. I don't see any reason to say no, though the character could just as easily be magister, penalties are the same either way, but if you feel Marshal is a better fit, I for one have no issues.

The priest NPC is Erastil, my ruler is Irori, if that helps, National acrobat.

If we follow the adventure path, the NPC's we've encountered would be:

Jhod a good fit for high priest.
Akiros, good fit for warden
Kersten, good fit for general
Svetlana, good fit for councilor
Oleg, good fit for treasurer.

Of course there's no need to put them in those seats as they're basically just warm bodies, but just put them here for illustration.

Do you want us to put character sheets here or somewhere else Autocad?
ons and offs

Soveliss

Just throwing my two cents in, but building roads and farms if we have extra budget we can spare will help greatly. Road only cost BP and improve economy, meaning that over time they pay for themselves, and farms cost BP and have no drawback once they are build, yet reduce consumption so if we have a decently sized military they will pay for themselves pretty quick, and farms and roads can share hexes with other hex improvements, and the only drawback roads have is that they could allow armies to move faster (including enemy armies, which might be mitigated by judicious use of checkpoints). But then again it depends on having spare budget.

Also, I can easily picture my bookworm making sure that as little money as possible is wasted and the bureaucracy is as efficient as possible to avoid wasted taxes, though since she would be pretty shy and self-effaced and would occupy the boring and often overlooked job of optimizing the bureaucracy, almost no one would know what she would look like, perfect for traveling incognito.

I'll be working on my character sheet.

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Tamhansen

roads are always a main point. Same goes for trying to capture hexes with rivers. Rivers may cause road prices to double, but also give extra economy.

Farms are useful, but only if BP are available, and on cheap land. Building farms on mountains or in dense forest is rather a waste.
ons and offs

Soveliss

Quote from: Tamhansen on July 08, 2016, 03:57:15 AMBuilding farms on mountains or in dense forest is rather a waste.

Depends on how big our army is. Armies cost a lot to maintain. If we plan on getting a big military, farms pay for themselves after a while. But still, they probably aren't a high priority, but something to spend extra budget on a good month/year I guess, since they are also useful for trading if we have more than necessary to maintain all our armies. :P

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Chaeronea

Anyone got a link to data on the world setting in which this campaign will be set? I'm looking for data on nations, gods, etc. I'd be looking at playing a human or half-elf rogue with at least one level in the shadowdancer prestige class (or aspiring towards getting levels in that prestige class if he can't meet the minimum requirements at this level). Would the idea that taking levels in shadowdancer requires the character to be of a certain bloodline sought by an evil (or even good) conspiracy be possible for this world?

Tamhansen

it's pathfinder's core world golarion (spelling sic), specifically the northern parts of the river kingdoms, just south of Brevoy. As far as free materials go, I think this is the best bet. http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Golariopedia
ons and offs

Callie Del Noire

I'd like to play something like spymaster or maybe a councilor if there are still openings

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char is meant cover councilor spot but then again if I go for bard (negotiator) he would fit also as treasurer easily (or diplomat). Or spymaster.

Chaeronea

Quote from: Autocad on July 07, 2016, 01:23:22 PM
Okay so since some people have requested it, here is the setting.

The game starts in Kingmaker book 2. PCs are level 4 after having defeated the bandit leader Stag Lord and his motley band of ne'er-do-wells in the Greenbelt as their backstory. The swordlords of Rostland issue a charter to the PCs granting them permission to establish a colony in the Greenbelt as well as enough supplies to get them started.

A friend of mine loaned me his copy of the Golarion campaign setting, so I've managed to read about Brevoy and the River Kingdoms. I can't find out much about the Greenbelt - is that near the border of Brevoy and the northern River Kingdoms? If so,  is the charter we have been issued meant to form a buffer state against the River Kingdoms? Also, which of the human races mentioned in the campaign setting would be most common around Brevoy?

Finally, would I be able to discuss some character background ideas I have for my character with you by PM?

Tamhansen

Quote from: Chaeronea on July 08, 2016, 09:02:20 AM
A friend of mine loaned me his copy of the Golarion campaign setting, so I've managed to read about Brevoy and the River Kingdoms. I can't find out much about the Greenbelt - is that near the border of Brevoy and the northern River Kingdoms? If so,  is the charter we have been issued meant to form a buffer state against the River Kingdoms? Also, which of the human races mentioned in the campaign setting would be most common around Brevoy?

Finally, would I be able to discuss some character background ideas I have for my character with you by PM?

I hope Autocad is okay with me fielding these, well most of them.

The greenbelt is in the river kingdoms, exactly up against brevoy and the city of Restov , the area was never worked out except for what is mentioned in the kingmaker books as there were no plans to write a river kingdoms specific book, instead it became the focus of the world famous (cough) pathfinder MMO.

The charter we have been given is officially to bring peace and stability to the bandit ridden river kingdoms, there are other factors, but its best discussed with the gm how much you would know.

As for Ethnicities, most rostlanders (southern Brevoy) would be considered Taldan, the generic humans. Issians are mostly Taldan, but have a large Ulfen element in their nobility as the Iobarans were Ulfen.

ons and offs

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 08, 2016, 08:40:48 AM
Well, my char is meant cover councilor spot but then again if I go for bard (negotiator) he would fit also as treasurer easily (or diplomat). Or spymaster.

Of course I could be a simple 'alchemist' or 'magician' :bows: Got to think up a concept first.. Tempted to try an make some version of Rhea from our old RPOL game..she'd definitely be a spymaster type.

Or see if I can adapt my old Shattered star character as a concept.. being trapped in the cloned body of a runelord sounds like a good excuse to leave town..and emigrate to the River Kingdoms where everyone hides.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, Rhea would definately fit as spymaster sort or diplomat :). Albeit no fey'ri at Golarion but there are tieflings.

Chaeronea

If Callie's hooked on playing our spymaster I could play a character for another role. Zaer, what other roles are still available?

Tamhansen

Ruler =  Tam
Councilor = -Zhaer
General =
Diplomat = Chulanowa
High Priest =
Magister = Jaded
Marshal =
Spymaster = Chaeronea
Treasurer = Soveliss
Warden = National acrobat

This was what I had last, from Autocad's posts.
ons and offs

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, General would be needed if want reduce loyalty penalty or high priest to avoid unrest happening. High priest can be any divine caster (cleric, druid, oracle, warpriest).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chaeronea on July 08, 2016, 11:28:17 AM
If Callie's hooked on playing our spymaster I could play a character for another role. Zaer, what other roles are still available?

Nah, you were there first.. I can figure up something..or just lurk and watch. :D

Jaded

Quote from: Tamhansen on July 08, 2016, 03:15:46 AM
It's up to you, Jaded. I don't see any reason to say no, though the character could just as easily be magister, penalties are the same either way, but if you feel Marshal is a better fit, I for one have no issues.

It is more for thematic reasons.  How I am envisioning the character. 

Quote from: Tamhansen on July 08, 2016, 11:57:36 AM
Magister = Jaded
Marshal =
Warden = National acrobat

So National Acrobat is going Warden?  If so may switch to Marshal unless AutoCAD has an issue with it?

National Acrobat

Soveliss

Okay, so Autocad accepted my witch's background, so I'm asking if anyone wants to have been the adventuring companions of a shy witch with support and healing powers, the kind who has a support role and is mostly forgotten about by those who weren't involved in heroics because her role isn't as flashy as the ones throwing fireballs or cutting a path through enemies with a two handed sword or whatever. Since she is basically support, she can't adventure on her own, and her background has her going on adventures before the campaign started.

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

National Acrobat

Quote from: Soveliss on July 09, 2016, 05:41:40 AM
Okay, so Autocad accepted my witch's background, so I'm asking if anyone wants to have been the adventuring companions of a shy witch with support and healing powers, the kind who has a support role and is mostly forgotten about by those who weren't involved in heroics because her role isn't as flashy as the ones throwing fireballs or cutting a path through enemies with a two handed sword or whatever. Since she is basically support, she can't adventure on her own, and her background has her going on adventures before the campaign started.

I might be interested in that. Sounds like some of the cavaliers teamwork feats would be good for protecting such a character.

Autocad

Here's the current list I've got so far. Assuming this is the roster we're working with, I'm open to the General and Royal Enforcer roles being doubled up with Marshal and Warden, respectively. Also, the High Priest and Magister roles can be filled by NPCs.

Ruler: Tamhansen

The Royal Council of Insertkingdomnamehere

Councilor: Zaer Darkwail
Grand Diplomat: Chulanowa
Field Marshal (combined Marshal and General in charge of border patrols and militia): Jaded
Spymaster: Chaeronea
Treasurer: Soveliss
Commander of the Watch (combined Warden and Royal Enforcer in charge of city watches): National Acrobat
High Priest: NPC
Magister: NPC

As per the rules, each turn takes 1 month, and I'm thinking it'll go something like this at the monthly Royal Council Meeting. To keep things interesting I have divided up duties among different default roles. The Ruler can change them as he sees fit.

Upkeep Phase

Step 1—Determine Kingdom Stability: The Ruler makes the Stability check
Step 2—Pay Consumption
Step 3—Fill Vacant Magic Item Slots: not needed until you have magic item creation buildings
Step 4—Modify Unrest: The Ruler makes the Loyalty check (optional)

Edict Phase

Step 1—Assign Leadership: usually not needed unless someone is fired or incapacitated
Step 2/3—Claim and Abandon Hexes: The Field Marshal is in charge of day-to-day operations. As GM I will take final orders from the Field Marshal. It is up to the Ruler and his Royal Council to make sure the Field Marshal is ordering what they want.
Step 4—Build Terrain Improvements: The Field Marshal is in charge of day-to-day operations. As GM I will take final orders from the Field Marshal. It is up to the Ruler and his Royal Council to make sure the Field Marshal is ordering what they want.
Step 5—Create and Improve Settlements: The Commander of the Watch is in charge of day-to-day operations. As GM I will take final orders from the Commander of the Watch. It is up to the Ruler and his Royal Council to make sure the Commander of the Watch is ordering what they want.
Step 6—Create Army Units: not needed until you have cause to raise armies
Step 7—Issue Edicts: The Councilor is in charge of day-to-day operations. As GM I will take final orders from the Councilor. It is up to the Ruler and his Royal Council to make sure the Councilor is ordering what they want.

(The Ruler is too busy to run day-to-day operations himself and so must delegate the above steps to members of the Royal Council. He does have the power to fire and appoint new people in charge if they aren't listening to him though.)

Income Phase

Step 1—Make Withdrawals from the Treasury
Step 2—Make Deposits to the Treasury
Step 3—Sell Expensive Items for BP
Step 4—Collect Taxes: The Treasurer makes the Economy check in a PM to me the GM, privately. The Treasurer also reports the result to everyone else, publicly. Presumably both private and public numbers are the same... or there's some embezzlement going on... how much do you trust the Treasurer?  >:)

Event Phase

The Grand Diplomat and Spymaster haven't had much to do during the previous phases, but the events will give them more to do.

Dilaculo

I could throw in a Magister, if you're amenable to more players? An Arcanist, probably. Been wanting to try one out.

Callie Del Noire

Don't suppose anyone needs an assistant or deputy?

Chaeronea

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 09, 2016, 10:16:23 AM
Don't suppose anyone needs an assistant or deputy?

Callie, if you want to play Spymaster I could settle for playing your deputy or 2IC. I'm working on a rogue with eventual shadowdancer levels, but if you want to work on more of the big picture stuff I'd be okay with that.

Autocad, could something like this work?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chaeronea on July 09, 2016, 11:10:18 AM
Callie, if you want to play Spymaster I could settle for playing your deputy or 2IC. I'm working on a rogue with eventual shadowdancer levels, but if you want to work on more of the big picture stuff I'd be okay with that.

Autocad, could something like this work?

I'm leaning arcane trickster with creation feats, definite a 'q' type

Chaeronea

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 09, 2016, 11:21:16 AM
I'm leaning arcane trickster with creation feats, definite a 'q' type

That plus the support-centred witch character that Soveliss is playing means we've already got some pretty good support options so far.

Callie Del Noire

I even got the wrist crossbow launcher with bolts and looking at spells like MW transformation

Jaded

Autocad

Zaer Darkwail

Background
Danish Copper was born twenty years ago to kitsune parents, he has very early memories of loving embrace of mother and voice of his father. But something happened when he was young, around four years old, where he ran with parents but he lost grip on mother and he fell into river. Almost drowing but he succeed manage get into shore. He called, cried and shouted for mother, but no one came for him expect a curious old woman who lived in shack near a human village. The woman saw he was kitsune but also a child, so kindly old woman who never had child of her own took him in. Giving him human name; Danish and woman was Elya Copper. She was very old but he took care of Danish despite how poor she was, all alone, no relatives and making by raising gnarly rooted potatoes. Danish suffered his second loss when she died on fever in one winter when he was ten years old, had learned disguise himself early on as human and in that moment he grew his second tail in his sorrow.

Since then he has been wanderer, orphan, beggar and much more. He listened tales of bards and thanks his magical heritage he catched on bardic magic easily by mimicking what other bards did do on a stage. He became then a wandering merchant, quick on tongue and deft in skill on negotiations. But he none the less did not forget inspiring tales he heard in his growing youth about sword lords, magnificent displays of bravado, romances, sword duels of legends...he dreamed of that. Then he heard a group going to borderlands to reclaim it for themselves, smelling a adventure he joined them. At first disguised as human and keeping heritage a secret, but then revealing it on accident and finding acceptance amongst his new friends who defeated stag gang and bandits and then got deed for the lands and some resources to use and manage.

Albeit Danish could cover various roles, he decided to be person who concentrates on communication between council members and towards to the people, be the face of the council when they decide on their projects and get people support and work on them eagerly to expand and grow the kingdom their creating. As he understands the common folks very best (he after all had used this intuitive knowlegde to make many great deals).

Callie Del Noire

I think I'll bow out. Already looks to be full.

Have fun..

Jaded

Hrm.  I am struggling a bit with my character's background, and if Warden/General is combined and Soveliss is going Witch as well, I may switch classes (yet again).  Sorry for the delay.  A Barbarian could be interesting. 

National Acrobat

I've sent my sheet via pm for review/approval.

Chulanowa

Been a little stuck on what I want to play. Will work on it this evening

Autocad

Thank you to all the people who have submitted character sheets so far. I'm going to cap this at 8 players which is how many we potentially have right now.

Let's try to get all the character sheets done by Friday so I can start up on the weekend, yeah?

Ruler: Tamhansen (sheet submitted)
Councilor: Zaer Darkwail (sheet submitted)
Grand Diplomat: Chulanowa
Field Marshal (combined Marshal and General in charge of border patrols and militia): Jaded
Spymaster: Chaeronea
Treasurer: Soveliss
Commander of the Watch (combined Warden and Royal Enforcer in charge of city watches): National Acrobat (sheet submitted)
High Priest: NPC
Magister: Dilaculo?

Soveliss

Autocad, did you get my spell list I send you by PM? If you got it, all I need is one last feat (maybe Craft Wondrous Items), and an equipment list (favored class bonuses will go toward HP. :-) )

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Chulanowa

I'll have it togetehr tomorrow - had some long work days and splitting headaches of late, so, not a lot of time to sit and throw together numbers.

Autocad

Chulanowa

Hey, sorry for the delay, this weekend was a mess, then work. If ya still got space, my thing will be good to go this evening (for reals!)

...He said, before pulling a 14-hour shift and crashing the moment he got home. There'll be time after breakfast. Ungh.

Autocad

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 19, 2016, 04:03:48 PM
Hey, sorry for the delay, this weekend was a mess, then work. If ya still got space, my thing will be good to go this evening (for reals!)

...He said, before pulling a 14-hour shift and crashing the moment he got home. There'll be time after breakfast. Ungh.

It happens to the best of us.  :P

Meanwhile, I aim to get the IC thread up by this weekend...

Chulanowa

Name: Mariel Lindshae
Race: Elf
Class: Investigator (Majordomo archetype)
Level: 4
Role: Grand Diplomat

Background
   Mariel is nobility... technically. The Lindshaes are a vassal family to a vassal family, with just enough of a hint of royal blood to keep them in the social circles, but not enough to garner any renown, or to cause much intrigue. No, save that for those they serve. Such as the Valmenor.

Mariel knows all about the Valmenor family. It's hard not to, when she's spent more time around them than her actual family. When she was still a young girl, Mariel was sworn to serve the female scion of House Valmenor as handmaiden. Tanelia Valmenor was everything a noble elf ought to be; well-schooled, trained in blade and bow, shrewd and diplomatic at the same time, yet still kind and playful among close company. Though the rules of court kept a certain number of walls between them, Mariel was Tanelia's confidant, playmate, and companion. When Tanelia took it in her head to leave the comforts of the palace to seek adventure and experience in the greater world, it was only natural that Mariel accompany her.

This is how the two of them, a young cleric of Desna and her lady-in-waiting, met the companions. Mariel settled into the role of squire and assistant, and often found herself in a position to council and smooth over strife between the others; weeks in the wilderness can grate on even the best, after all. She never really thought of herself as part of the company - it was Tanelia who had signed the contract, after all, and taken up the quest.

And it was Tanelia who took a bandit's arrow through the eye in their second month on the mission. Just like that, a brigand, barely a man himself, had taken away centuries of life in an instant with little more than a sharp stick. Just that quickly, a woman who had been the center of Mariel's life was removed forever. For days, she was numb with the horror of it, before another realization came to her; She was still alive, and the people around her - her new friends - still needed her help. More now than ever. It was with a sense of obligation and vengeance that Mariel took to the task of clearing the borderlands of hte bandit menace.

Now, the lot of them stand on the verge of nobility in right as well as name. This is a new, strange position for Mariel of House Lindshae. She's been a servant all of her decades of life, living in the shadow of those above her; even if she had the skills, she has no desire to rule. But when asked to serve, to put her "people-skills" to work... well, she couldn't refuse.

Chulanowa

So... I finished (Basically; need to fill out skills and gear, and choose a picture) but the character is essentially done. Sorry for taking forever and a day.

Autocad

Don't worry about it... you're conveniently covering up that I'm taking forever and two (or three  :P) days to start. But yesh, I don't die when I am killed am still alive.

Tamhansen

ons and offs