Black Crusade: We Hunger (Interest Check)

Started by ShadowFox89, June 12, 2014, 09:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Hey shadow, what kinda WP are we getting for daemonic weapons from reward rolls? 40?

Cataclysmic Archangel

I don't know any of the other books or anything... But now that it's come up... Can anyone think of any other weapons that are like a GK nemesis halberd?  I'd really like to use a heqa staff, as the Thousand Sons used to use... Basically a khopesh blade on a staff handle.  Made for a balanced weapon, rather than the sword.  I figure maybe a Nem Halberd would have similar stats I could use (though perhaps too fancy).

Just a thought.  Any other suggestions anyone wants to hurl my way, besides grenades?  Although yes, I could probably walk away with something like 75 Legion krak grenades...

Edit:  Something like a Blackwing Halberd from the GK book (yeah, just found that one).  Would that be realistic?  A Force Halberd instead of a Force Axe?  Balanced, but not as much Pen as an Axe might have?

Hmm.  A Psychocculum.  That would fit him perfectly.  Something acquired and installed into his helm!

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Arcannyx on June 23, 2014, 09:43:35 PM
I don't know any of the other books or anything... But now that it's come up... Can anyone think of any other weapons that are like a GK nemesis halberd?  I'd really like to use a heqa staff, as the Thousand Sons used to use... Basically a khopesh blade on a staff handle.  Made for a balanced weapon, rather than the sword.  I figure maybe a Nem Halberd would have similar stats I could use (though perhaps too fancy).
I would use the statline for a Force Scythe, and just fluff it as a hega.

As for the halbred, id say that would probably be fine if it looses its balanced quality so its not flatly better than every other force weapon. Compare, the Scythe trades a point between damage and pen compared to the halbred, so they are very close that way, but its Unbalanced, while the halbred is Balanced. Conversely, the low damage force weapons, staff and sword, have balance but do less damage and pen than the scythe or halbred. So taking away its balanced quality puts it more in line.

But thats just my opinion.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Yeah, I saw that one.  I can't decide if that's more suiting or not.  It's a very aggressive weapon, where I liked the sword as a balanced weapon for defense. 

Probably does make the most sense to just go with the scythe...

Sinestra

Scyth makes the most sense...

AND OTHER SOURCES! WEEEEEE! Editing character. :) lol
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

ChaoticSky

WIP
Lailah
Name: Lailah (The Silkstar Tyrant, Sword Of The Prince, Wielder of Osculum)
Race: Human
Archetype: Psyker (+5WP)
Pride: Grace (+5 Ag, -5 BS)
Disgrace: Hubris (+2 Inf, -4 Int)
Motivation: Perfection (+5 one, -3 any two)
Bio

Appearance

History
Lailah was born on the Imperial world of Alixe II, a modestly wealthy world just outside the Calixus Sector that makes a brisk trade between the sector and elsewhere, making it a popular stop over, outside the intense paranoia of the sector proper. The culture of the planet however is not so far divorced from its feudal roots, and the nobles who have ruled the world since the dark days before the coming of the Imperium continue to do so, while the formation of the Calixus Sector has dropped a veritable trade empire in their laps, weath has never been their primary interest. Indeed, the low tariffs they place on trade, is a large part of why this world so quickly became such a focal point; so much so many merchants assume that the locals are merely ignorant bumpkins that dont realize how much more they could ask for and still undercut all their competition.

The truth of the matter is that they know very well, they simply dont care. No, their focus is on something far more.... material than mere coin; the Sword. The entire noble caste of Alixe are consummate swordsmen and women, from a early age they learn the ways of the sword, finding which style of blade suits them best and devoting their lives to mastering it. Lailah was a prodigy even by the standards of her clave, perhaps too much so, she won tournament after tournament and wallowed in the knowledge that she would never get better without stronger opponents to fight. Every night, she prayed to the God Emperor to deliver her from this stagnation of her talents.

It was not the God Emperor that answered her.

Normal intersystem trade, merchant sows and chartist captains were one thing.... but a Rogue Trader was quite another. When the flagship of the Harathi Dynasty slid into port at Alixe, it was the subject of much buzz among those who cared about such matters, the nobles however merely shook their heads and went back to their business. One merchant was much the same as another to them. It was something of a surprise when Trader Donald Harathi himself came to the planet's surface with a open challenge for the nobles of Alixe; a duel to the death with his champion to see who's swordsmanship was superior. All but salivating at the prospect, Lailah claimed the right to answer the challenge, and happily offered to duel anyone who thought they could beat her. No one did. While she was unsure how good the swordsmanship of a offworlder could be.... she hoped that this was the Emperor's way of answering her. As it turned out, the duel quickly became the greatest battle of her life; the man was a hulking brute of muscle with a massive blade.... but his skill technique was impeccable, he left no openings, his brawn was a flawless match for his sword's weight~ Over a hour they traded cut and thrust, parry and feint, Lailah smiling like a maniac, having more fun than shed had in years.... it was almost a disappointment when she found a gap in his guard, her slim blade sliding between his ribs and into his heart before she consciously realized what she was doing.

The gathered nobles cheered as the Trader's champion fell, but Lailah could feel only a gathering void, as the knowledge that she would never face such a opponent again settled on her like a shroud. Donald himself seemed surprised... but not angry, the man levered himself to his feet and came over to shake her hand to congratulate her on her victory, and leaned close, speaking words that only she could hear.

"There will be greater warriors among the stars.", then he left. And several days later, when his ship departed Alixe forever, Lailah was on it.

WIP

Personality
Lailah is a consummate follower of Slaanesh, though she began as a noble swordswoman seeking to perfect her art, the nature of Chaos is such that her noble bearing has given way to narcissism and arrogance. Which in turn has lead her to seeking levels of sensual stimuli that can only be satisfied by the infinite appetites of Slaanesh's followers; the finest, most flavourful foods, the loudest, most elegant music, the honed, most refined scents. And of course, levels of sexual depravity that are shocking both in their variety and callousness. But above it all, she seeks ever greater warriors to test her skill against.

She is curious by nature, for those who do not seek, shall never find, and even friendly by default. But few measure up to her standards, and after first brush those who do not she will treat as little more than amusements to be toyed with and then discarded. Such is often the fate of her paramours, particularly those she claims in battle.... but sometimes, just sometimes, if she feels that her 'victim' has made progress as a result of their experiences, she will leave them a small token of her esteem, in the hopes that it will inspire them to seek the levels of perfection that she herself strives for. More than one strapping young survivor of raids shes been apart of carry such talismans still, and through which, they may one day win free of the Corpse Emperor's lies.

For those who she does consider worthy however, you would be hard pressed to find a more stalwart companion. To be great is to be alone, and though Lailah would never admit it, she is lonely. The endless streams of sycophants and inferiors does nothing but wear on her; ruling is not her interest, nor is lording her power over her inferiors, there is nothing to be gained from the adulation of the weak. Instead, she hopes to one day find a circle of companions worthy of her, and to earn the acknowledgement of those people she deemed worthy of her respect. Unlike many followers of her god, betrayal is simply not a part of her nature, abhorrent as it is to her sensibilities, she will however go to any length to avenge such a slight against her person.

Short Stories

The Girl In The Hall

Characteristics
StatBaseAllocModsGearTotal
WS2520+550
BS253-5-320
Str2510+5*40
T2510+5*40
Agi2515+545
Int2512-4-330
Per25530
WP2520+550
Fell255+5*35
StatBaseRollModsTotalCurrent
W841212/12
Inf195+9+2+5*40
*Indicates total Advances, SCs, or Names

Corruption: 20

Movement:

Skills, Talents & Traits

Skills
Common Lore (Any Two)
Forbidden Lore (Psykers)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Trade (Scrimshawer)
Awareness
Psyniscience
Deceive
Parry
Charm
Dodge
Acrobatics

Talents
Weapon Training (Primary, Shock) [Can use]
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Jaded [Immune to mundane Fear]
Warp Sense
Leap Up
Lightning Reflexes
Radiant Presence
Sure Strike
Precise Blow
Quickdraw
Lightning Attack

Traits
The Quick and The Dead [+2 Init]
Psyker

Psyker

Psy Rating: 3
Powers
Telepathy
Delude

Telekinesis
Mind over Matter
Precision Telekinesis
Telekinetic Shield

Gear

Weapon
Osculum: The Singing Touch Of The (Melee. 1d10+7 Pen 8. Balanced, Concussive(2), Flexible.)
(+10 WS, +1 DoS WS, +2 DoS Disarm, +2 AP RArm, +5 WP, +4 to any Crit roll.)
Fluff
Details
Stats Expanded
Base Weapon: Best Craft Sword (Melee. 1d10+1 Pen 0. Primitive, Balanced. +10 WS.)
-Upgrade: Mono (Remove Primitive, +2 Pen)
-Upgrade: Adamantine Hilt Guard (+2 AP on RArm/DoS on Disarm)
Legacy: Excess (+1 DoS to WS tests/+5 WP. +half InfB to Damage and Pen (2).)
-Artful Pattern: Fast (gain Flexible).
Daemon: WPB: 4, Binding 1. Mastery Test: +40 (Add WPB to Damage and Pen)
-Shrieking (Gain Concus(2))
-Piercing(Add WPB to any crit damage)

Armour
Flak  Cloak
Refractor Field

Cybernetics
Black Blood
Pheromone Generator

Gear/Misc
Psy-focus
Laspistol
Neural  Whip
dataslate(arcane lore)

Gm Stuff

Wanted List
Best Craft Mesh-weave clothing. ExR AP 3
targeting monocle. Thermal. VR
Best Craft Powerfield. NU.
Pendant Of Slaanesh. ExR
Shrieking Soul. NU
Ritual Kit. Sc
Grimoire Of True Names. VR.
Best Craft Psychic Hood.  ExR

Chargen Rolls:
Inf: At 2014-06-22 01:26:18, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 1d5 Result: 5
Wound: At 2014-06-22 09:35:25, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 1d5 Result: 4

Legacy ability: At 2014-06-23 21:01:10, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 1d10 Result: 6 Modded +1 to 8: Fast

Reward Test: At 2014-06-17 19:21:00, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 1d100 Result: 23 Pass
Reward Test: At 2014-06-17 19:21:06, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 1d100 Result: 19 Pass
Reward Roll: At 2014-06-17 19:21:34, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 1d100 Result: 11 Daemonic Name
Reward Roll: At 2014-06-17 19:21:31, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 1d100 Result: 13 Modded up to Daemonic Weapon
^Wanna note, when i originally rolled, i was planning on a khornate, so i rerolled duplicate gift results (collar of khorne) a couple times, but since im onto slannesh now, i used the first two rolls and am ignoring the latter ones.
Daemonic Name Infamy Roll: At 2014-06-24 20:37:35, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 1d5 Result: 5

Acquisitions
Starting
-Osculum (Sword(common)+20, Good -10, Legacy -10 = 0. then -20 for two upgrades, +10 for single =-10)
-Refractor Field (VR -20, single +10 = -10)
-Black Blood (VR -20, single +10 = -10)
-Pheromone Generator (VR -20, single +10 = -10)

EXP Expenditures
Alignment
Khorne ||
Nurgle ||
Slaanesh |||| ||||
Tzeentch

Exp
+4600 [Starting]
-Leap Up [-250 S]
-Lightning Reflexes [-250 S]
-Radiant Presence [-250 S]
-Sure Strike  [-250 S]
>3600
-Precise Blow [-500 S]
-Quickdraw [-250 U]
-Resistance (psychicpowers) [-250 N]
-Charm [-200 S]
-Dodge [-200 S]
-Acrobatics [-200 S]
>2000
Simple Str Advance [-250 K]
Lightning Attack [-750 K]
>1000
Simple T Advance [-250 N]
Simple Fell Advance [-250 S]

Sinestra

Ok, question...

What setting are we looking at here? Will we be agents infiltrating locations or will we be following a published adventure or on a random planet... etc?

Because in the end, I guess that determines what we can look at. I mean, there are small-group aircraft, Firefly-style, that one of us could purchase (I would volunteer to use the Acquisition since A) Pilot and B) I think I have an extra acquisition above the group average.

But, if we're not going to be semi-sandbox, or if we're going to be infiltrating somewhere... etc etc, then there's little reason to take anything but say, a combat bike for person transportation.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Baalborn87

Quote from: Sinestra on June 24, 2014, 01:23:06 AM
Ok, question...

What setting are we looking at here? Will we be agents infiltrating locations or will we be following a published adventure or on a random planet... etc?

Because in the end, I guess that determines what we can look at. I mean, there are small-group aircraft, Firefly-style, that one of us could purchase (I would volunteer to use the Acquisition since A) Pilot and B) I think I have an extra acquisition above the group average.

But, if we're not going to be semi-sandbox, or if we're going to be infiltrating somewhere... etc etc, then there's little reason to take anything but say, a combat bike for person transportation.

A pirate prince, out of the slaaneshi book. Free ship (made by the GM)

Sinestra

Quote from: Baalborn87 on June 24, 2014, 12:20:51 PM

A pirate prince, out of the slaaneshi book. Free ship (made by the GM)

Not a bad idea if we were doing 'that' kind of a game... a roaming band of do-evilers and all that. But we don't really know the kind of game we're heading into just yet. :)

Baalborn87

One of the players in the game I'm running at my rpg club has made a pirate prince to play. They're on a prison planet, and I'm making it that he was an inmate there when the rest of the group encounter him (its already part way through an adventure when the guy joined us). And his "loyal" crew managed to escape to their safe haven from the imperials after he got captured. Boom! No ship to make the adventure come to a premature end, and a neat plot hook for their next adventure (I'm sure he'll be wanting his ship back and a word with his crew as to why the left him to sit in prison for x amount of time).

ChaoticSky

I know its been done, but personally ive always been a fan of Broken Chains, especially expanded versions.

ShadowFox89

It's up to you guys, honestly. Do you want to conquer and hold an imperial world? Raid lost relics? We could easily set this in the Koronus Expanse, where you're forming your own kingdom of worlds, conquering unexplored lands.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 24, 2014, 04:27:21 PM
It's up to you guys, honestly. Do you want to conquer and hold an imperial world? Raid lost relics? We could easily set this in the Koronus Expanse, where you're forming your own kingdom of worlds, conquering unexplored lands.

Then I propose we start with a expanded Broken Chains, have a little starting adventure to fully explore and master the vessel, then proceed to carve out a territory in the Vortex for ourselves, probably pick a planet and take it over, then we start casting our eyes outward to tackle Imperial targets.

Also shadow, what about my requestion regarding daemon weapon rewards?

HairyHeretic

That sounds a reasonable plan to me. I like the idea of things building up in a logical manner.

1 - Escape
2 - Ship
3 - Expendible minions
4 - Profit :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cataclysmic Archangel

I'll go with the flow.  Since I don't know the game rules or the setting of this campaign, I can pretty much be anywhere hunting artifacts/relics.

FYI, due to a death in the family, I may be checking in scarce the next few days.

Sinestra

:( Arcan :( *hugs*

In regards to the "How we start" bit, I'm honestly up for anything... if we're traveling around, getting into mischief, killing, torturing, converting and corrupting, I think we'll be good.

Reason I ask about before is there's a Gun-Cutter ship. Room for 6 people with living commendations, that I could buy (or ask for permission to buy) that would let us do some on-planet moving around... and would let us reach ships in orbit but wouldn't let us venture too far once there. Maybe a weekend trip to a moon or something.

So in the end, do we want a small transport/base of operations ship, or do we want to keep things simple and let our dear GM throw stuff our way and leave the ship-aquisitions to ourselves in-game?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Darkling on June 24, 2014, 04:59:35 PM
Then I propose we start with a expanded Broken Chains, have a little starting adventure to fully explore and master the vessel, then proceed to carve out a territory in the Vortex for ourselves, probably pick a planet and take it over, then we start casting our eyes outward to tackle Imperial targets.

Also shadow, what about my requestion regarding daemon weapon rewards?

I'll need a bit to read over Broken Chains and write some expansion for it. It's likely that the game won't start for a week or so....

For a daemonic weapon, you'll need to go through the whole process of summoning, binding, and forging the weapon..... of course, other players can assist in this task.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sinestra

Aye, I've also rolled, under gifts, for a Daemon Weapon. Was wondering how I'd make it... or just, since it's granted at Character Gen, should I just write it up and submit for approval?

ShadowFox89

Ah, there it is.... Those who got Daemon Weapon as one of their Gifts may choose the binding level of the daemon bound to their weapon. Slaaneshites have a Daemonette bound, which has a 28 WP. You can pick how many bindings it has on it, you start with two ability rolls and for each binding it goes down by 1, to a minimum of 1.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cataclysmic Archangel

Shadow, I just had a crazy idea, and I'd like to run it past you.  I was digging through other books I found, mostly just looking for interesting ideas for that last bit of acquisition I had, and I saw something in the Inquisitor's Handbook...

Psyber Familiar?  I can't catch what I might need to run one... Lesser Minion, I suppose?  But would I need anything else?  It seems like a decent option for my character, something a little bit different, without going all Heretical...

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 25, 2014, 01:30:32 AM
Ah, there it is.... Those who got Daemon Weapon as one of their Gifts may choose the binding level of the daemon bound to their weapon. Slaaneshites have a Daemonette bound, which has a 28 WP. You can pick how many bindings it has on it, you start with two ability rolls and for each binding it goes down by 1, to a minimum of 1.
Daemon weapons arnt meant to use the actual statline of daemons, the example ones often dont (for example, the Glaive from TOB has a bloodletter (WP bonus 3) that has a WP bonuse of 4. Daemonettes also have less WP than the other baseline daemons, so the results would be weaker than a daemon weapon of tzeentch or khorne.

It would basically make Daemon Weapon rewards worthless...

Arch, use the rules from RT Navis Primer, they are way cooler fammilars, im planning to do that for mine XD

Cataclysmic Archangel

I could just go 'screw you all' and take a Rubric Marine as a bodyguard!  I technically have enough Xp for it. *grins evilly* 

That would deal with my combat deficiencies...

Edit: 
Independent & Inquisitive
Toxic Blood & Heightened Senses (Sight)
Psy-locator and Attuned (Divination)

Wow, those rolls were PERFECT for this guy if I go with a psyber familiar!

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Darkling on June 25, 2014, 05:30:34 AM
Daemon weapons arnt meant to use the actual statline of daemons, the example ones often dont (for example, the Glaive from TOB has a bloodletter (WP bonus 3) that has a WP bonuse of 4. Daemonettes also have less WP than the other baseline daemons, so the results would be weaker than a daemon weapon of tzeentch or khorne.

It would basically make Daemon Weapon rewards worthless...

Arch, use the rules from RT Navis Primer, they are way cooler fammilars, im planning to do that for mine XD

It says right in the Gifts from Slaanesh.

QuoteDAEMON WEAPON
The character is gifted with one of the most cherished blessings
a servants of the Ruinous Powers can ever receiveā€”a Daemon
Weapon, imbued with the essence of a daemon of Chaos.
The character may generate a Daemon Weapon, bound with
the essence of a Daemonette
, as described on page 192.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Sinestra on June 24, 2014, 08:38:07 PM
Reason I ask about before is there's a Gun-Cutter ship. Room for 6 people with living commendations, that I could buy (or ask for permission to buy) that would let us do some on-planet moving around... and would let us reach ships in orbit but wouldn't let us venture too far once there. Maybe a weekend trip to a moon or something.

So in the end, do we want a small transport/base of operations ship, or do we want to keep things simple and let our dear GM throw stuff our way and leave the ship-aquisitions to ourselves in-game?

A gun cutter would be fine for 'tactical' level play, but if we're going to travel inter-system, wouldn't we need something at least frigate sized? I don't think anything smaller is warp capable.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 25, 2014, 08:28:15 AM
It says right in the Gifts from Slaanesh.
*nod* I'm aware of that, and we can go with it if thats what you want (Though, i wont be taking that reward if so). But basically no one does that since its worthless, a regular sword imbued with that gift would, barring a single very very lucky roll trait roll, be entirely and completely inferior to a power sword, something thats standard equipment for most classes, and not even in the same playing field as many of the exotic melee weapons. Daemon weapons are supposed to be incredible tools of war... not the chaotic equivalent of socks for xmas.

Dont get me wrong, i dont want something freaking amazing, but this would be something im going to be using for the rest of the game as part of my legacy weapon, i dont need a WP of 80 or some insanity, i just want a respectably middle-line daemon. Most games ive played (where this had come up) normalize it to 40 wp and let the player pick the binding strength (this is is generally considered a fair trade off, control vs traits)

@ hairy;  you mustnt be afraid to dream alittle smaller ;D. Only frigate or bigger ships are warp capable, but A) well have the Chains for that, and B) within the Vortex, physics doesnt exactly work as it does elsewhere... distance is relatively relative, and there are many ships (for example, the Gold Ships of Q'sal) that can be waaaaaaaaaaay smaller than a frigate, and even gateways and other non-ship methods of transportation from world to world. Though all those only work within the Vortex.