Writing Prompt 1: The Betrayer

Started by selvensound, November 27, 2012, 05:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selvensound

As I awoke from my deep slumber my eyes were blinded and my ears ringing with the sound of bells. I locked the window.. I said to myself. The church bells were ringing and the sun was blinding me as the windows lay open. As I arose and looked out the window towards the church tower, I noticed a kunia stuck in the top of the tower. I closed my windows and locked them again. As I made my bed, thinking of the strange events I found a piece of paper in my pillowcase. I just stared at it for a moment, it was encased with a rough parchment envelope, and had a familiar seal on it. The seal of the syndicated.. I threw it on the table and got a drink out, the best vodka within the county, made by myself. I poured till I retch a third of the glass, then I squeezed an orange into it until it was full. I mixed it, took a sniff, smirked a little, then went under my bed and got my clothes and weapons out. I put on my cloth vest, which had many holes for weapons of all sorts to pass through and be held securely, my pants were similar. I had a katana, wakazashi, and several kunia which I slotted into their appropriate positions before I tied my shoes on and sat down at the table. I chugged the orange juice and breathed deeply as I opened the letter. I knew I had been found, but I knew not what they wanted from me.

Let me know if you like it, what I can do to improve, and if you wanna hear more. Thanks!
O/O's

"If you won't take in the cold embrace of my darkness, you don't deserve the warmth of my light."

"Sleepwalk our lives away,
In search for shallow graves."