Something everyone needs to try: bacon cinnamon rolls

Started by Jefepato, September 28, 2008, 11:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jefepato

Sherona

oh my Bliss so has to see this thread....though really Bacon + Sweet= sounds like fail to me....*hides from Bliss*

Caity

Oniya

Salt and sweet is actually a reasonable combination.  Think of honey-roasted peanuts or maple breakfast sausage.  Honey mustard is pretty good on French fries, too.

But personally, I like my bacon pretty crispy.  I'd be curious to see how that all worked out in a baked pastry.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Maeven

I will confess to enjoying breakfast sausage links dipped in maple syrup so I suppose this concoction is similar.  And I bet the smell was pretty intoxicating!

One of my fondest memories from childhood is staying at my Great Grandmother's house in this tiny little town in central florida called Umatilla.  Every morning, the smell of bacon frying in a cast iron skillet would waft through the wooden doors and wake you from your slumber.  That and I loved hearing the sound of the 'slamming screen doors' and their creaky springs. 

Miss that.

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Ket

Since I adore eating odd combos of breakfast food....  scrambled eggs mixed with strawberry jelly, sausage links smothered in maple syrup, then mix it all together with hash browns, mushrooms, onions and cheese.....  I'm making myself hungry!

I have to try these!  -adds to grocery list-
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Inkidu

Why not just take a bite of bacon and  cinnamon roll. You get all the flavor and none of the worries about undercooked pork.

I doubt it'll work with my bacon. I get this pepper bacon. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Ket

Because the flavors won't mesh together as well as they would when baked together.  Sure, you'd still have the flavor of both, but they wouldn't be blended in that oh-so-perfect way.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on September 30, 2008, 03:55:28 PM
Why not just take a bite of bacon and  cinnamon roll. You get all the flavor and none of the worries about undercooked pork.

I doubt it'll work with my bacon. I get this pepper bacon. 

Actually, I just looked up how to prepare bacon in the oven by itself (saves mess on the stove-top, and if you put it on a rack, all the fat drips away and it's nice and crispy).  The recipe site listed 400 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 15-20 minutes.

The cinnamon rolls are baked for 15 minutes at 425 degrees, so the pork should be properly cooked.  It just might not be as crispy as some people like it.  (If the smoke detector hasn't gone off, it ain't done!)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

Quote from: Ket on September 30, 2008, 03:57:04 PM
Because the flavors won't mesh together as well as they would when baked together.  Sure, you'd still have the flavor of both, but they wouldn't be blended in that oh-so-perfect way.
I'm rather peculiar about pork. If I'm not sure it will cook through I won't wrap it. I don't buy the precooked stuff either it doesn't taste right. My oven's ancy too.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Jefepato

Quote from: Oniya on September 30, 2008, 04:07:37 PM
Actually, I just looked up how to prepare bacon in the oven by itself (saves mess on the stove-top, and if you put it on a rack, all the fat drips away and it's nice and crispy).  The recipe site listed 400 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 15-20 minutes.

The package of bacon I have listed 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  I can verify that it was definitely cooked after 10.

Oniya

I've had bacon to varying degrees of doneness, from essentially jerky to shatters-with-a-glance.  It will be interesting to find out if the presence of the dough affects the consistency.  It will either wick away fat or hold moisture in.

On a slightly different baked-meat track, I'm now craving pepperoni rolls like Grandma made.

Bliss

Quote from: Sherona on September 28, 2008, 11:42:35 PM
oh my Bliss so has to see this thread....though really Bacon + Sweet= sounds like fail to me....*hides from Bliss*

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS THREAD!? (may have to write someone a note requesting Sherona-spankings... -_-)

Bacon + Sweet = win! Really, I have to send you a batch of maple bacon chocolate chip cookies!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Elandra

Quote from: Bliss on October 01, 2008, 01:05:49 PM
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS THREAD!? (may have to write someone a note requesting Sherona-spankings... -_-)

If you truly want to punish her I would suggest just the opposite.

Really, I have to send you a batch of maple bacon chocolate chip cookies!
Consider this an official request for said cookies.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Sherona

hey wait a minute! I thought Bliss would be drawn to this thread! And...and...Well its just not fair withholding spankings *stamps foot*

On topic, bacon meh...its tolerable, doubtI could add sweets to it as I dislike most sweet things anyway but still :D

Bliss

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Oniya

'Dinner: Impossible' tonight featured chocolate covered bacon with almonds.

I thought of this thread.

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on October 01, 2008, 09:42:37 PM
'Dinner: Impossible' tonight featured chocolate covered bacon with almonds.

I thought of this thread.
I'm now scared to buy a Hershey bar.  :-X

Bliss

There's at least one online shop that sells chocolate coated bacon.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!