Messages and Profile Page Layout Change?

Started by Haibane, January 19, 2012, 08:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Oh - did the forum page layout suddenly change or did I press a wrong button somewhere?

My messages layout just changed to remove the left hand side panel of label names and the options to send, check inbox and view sent messages, and the profile page just changed as well with the avatar now to the left.

I'm a bit lost, especially with messages so wondering if I did something unintentionally somewhere?

Martee

I do it all the time, Haibane, it's very easy to change the layout accidently. On the right side of the page, just above the active PM, you should see two small left-pointing arrows. Clicking those will change the layout so that you have the left-hand menu visible again.

Clicking the double arrows in the Messages   menu header will hide that menu and give you a full screen message window.

Not sure about the profile window though,  but it could be the same sort of thing. Just look for two little arrows to hide and show the side menus.

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Haibane

Duh. I'm so stupid. Thanks. That fixed it. The layout of both message page and profile page is toggled by the same double arrow icon. Been here three and a half years and never noticed that before!

Thanks!

Martee

Oh, my pleasure. Like I said, I accidently hit that toggle all.the.damn.time. I knew exactly what you were referring to- it's easy to overlook until you know what to look for.

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding