Diesel Heart's Literary Corner

Started by Diesel Heart, April 28, 2016, 07:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel Heart

Diesel Heart's Literary Corner
"An invisible Red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
- Chinese Proverb

Kimi No Na Wa - The first film my wife and I watched together. Forever yours.

Salutations, writers and literature enthusiasts, to my small haven here on Elliquiy.  I am someone of little importance in the grand scheme of things, but for you, I could be your next writing partner!  Although my life turned hectic and my availability has been sporadic (and inconsistent) for a few years, I believe I am now in the position to return and offer at least one or two muses for whoever decides to give me that chance.  If you are as inquisitive as I am, then I will give a few details about myself to, hopefully, allay any doubts and paint a relative picture of what I can offer.  First and foremost, I am a happily married man in his early thirties; an American ex-patriate that moved to Tokyo for a few years but now resides in Malaysia.  My experience in roleplaying spans nearly two decades (Discord, forums, MMORPG, table-top, Larp, etc.) and I made it into a part-time career as a professional gamemaster both online and in person.  It is the only hobby that has kept my interest, enabling me to meet people around the world, see things from another's point of view, and vaguely comprehend things that I would not be able to experience otherwise.  With what little insights that provide you, I hope I can become your next writing partner and I look forward to meeting you in the future! Until then, you can find more general information about how I seek to approach an immersive and compelling story.

Writing Preferences

• Posting Rate: 2 - 5 Days; Between college, the time I spend with my wife, and the demands of my profession, I cannot afford to be active at a daily rate. There may even come periods where the posting rate is prolonged, although I do not see this being frequent until my wife and I decide to have children. It should also be noted that there is the potential of a substantial difference in time zone.
  • Posting Length: 2 - 5 Paragraphs; As a writer, I value the unspoken gift that comes from invoking mental imagery in someone who reads what I have described. In the past, I would simply fill out empty space as a means to leave some impression, and I no longer believe that the ability of a writer is defined by the length of a post. I prefer being concise in invocation.
  • Story Content: Beyond the rules provided by this website, I do not possess a line that I believe cannot be crossed. What is conjured from the imagination and put into text format is not real and the art of writing is intended to stir an emotional response, be it negative or positive. As a result, I am open to all types of pairing, genre, or otherwise. Some will be unexplored territory, and I do not shy away from sexual implications. However, my characters are not subjects of gratuitous indulgence. I have no interest in a story that has no substance beyond the act of platonic sex. If I am to put a ratio to this, I prefer 70% story and 30% smut.
  • Communication: As a disclaimer, I hold no bias toward gender or other labels of identification. If you are willing to write a story with me and our understanding of the points listed above, then that is all I concern myself with. With that said, a story written by two (or more) people requires collaboration and the ability to not only make suggestions but also adapt to the addendum.

Diesel Heart

Story Repository
"Love takes off Masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within."
- James Baldwin

As mentioned above, I am open to all types of pairings, genres, or otherwise. To provide as much transparency as I can, I will have a generalized listing of things I would like to write followed by specific plots that have predetermined factors such as genders and setting. It should also be noted that I am not limited to what is seen on this page. If you have other ideas that were inspired by something here or simply believe I am a writer that you can enjoy partnering up with, please send me a private message. Thank you.

Settings

• Dark Fantasy. When it comes to fantasy, I have always enjoyed something more gritty or mature in the atmosphere. This also includes 'Low Magic' because I find that characters with heavy limitations are the more interesting. If you need an example of what I consider Dark Fantasy, then I point you to Dragon Age. It is not necessarily 'Low Magic', but the setting and the lore are heavily influenced by conventional Dark Fantasy tropes.
  • Cyberpunk. My interest in science-fiction mirrors my interest in fantasy. The idea of a dystopian future where the characters have cybernetic augmentations is something that has always intrigued me. Similar to Dark Fantasy, an example I can provide for Cyberpunk is the tabletop roleplaying game, Shadowrun. To me, it is the quintessential example that fully embodies the ideals of the genre.
  • Fandom. There are quite a number of settings made by others that I would enjoy writing a character in. This list includes, but is not limited to:
    • Dragon Age
    • World of Warcraft
    • Dungeons & Dragons
    • DC / Marvel Comics
    • Final Fantasy
  • Modern. This is a broad and relatively vague category, I admit. By modern, I mean a setting that is similar to our own in present-time. This means that alternate 'timelines' or the like are include. A "popular" example is a present-day under the assumption that Germany won World War II. So long as the typical advances of modern science and daily living are applied, I presume it to be a Modern setting. Here are some genres that can be mixed in:
    • Superheroic. A world where people harbor supernatural powers and turn them toward selfishness or selflessness.
    • Fantasy. Imagine a Minotaur walking around New York with a business suit talking on the latest cellular device.
    • Zombie Apoc. The idea of two souls trying to survive and make love work in this scenario is always enticing to me.

For Honor & Love
Tags: Historical, Romance, Drama, Combat/Action, Adultery, MxF, Interracial
Content Ratio: 70% Story-Driven, 20% Combat/Action, 10% Erotica

Story Premise:
In July of 1853, Commodore Matthew Perry of the United States Navy appeared in Edo Bay and fired upon several buildings around the harbor, forcing Japan to end its isolationist foreign policy known as sakoku. A year later, the Treaty of Peace and Amity was signed, allowing American whaling ships, shipwrecked sailors, and a United States consul to take up residence in Shimoda. In 1858, the Treaty of Amity and Commerce was signed, further increasing United States operations in ports and other foreign powers followed suit. As a result, the Japanese economy has plummeted. The price of food has risen, causing famines. Unemployment is also on the rise, as well as inflation. Now, rumors of riots and premeditated attacks on foreigners begin to spread in response to the growing complications caused by the presence of foreigners.

Edward Charles Mason II, a Lieutenant of the United States Navy from Mississippi, and his close friend, James Hart, decide to venture from the port of Shimoda when granted leave for the weekend. They decide to view the local selection of food in Edo when they stumble upon a young woman being publicly berated and struck by an inebriated local. Ignoring his friend's warnings, Edward is unable to ignore his roots of southern hospitality and interferes. Humiliated in front of his peers, the local threatens him and condemns the woman from re-entering his house. Now, bearing the responsibility of caring for the woman he saved, he faces the potential of being attacked by locals and the consequences of instigating them in the eyes of his superior officers. What he doesn't suspect, however, is that this woman actually knows how to speak English and was sent by the shogunate to find out information on a corrupt noble -- the very man he humiliated. Where will this lead the two? How does he react when he finds out she is a spy? How does she continue a mission he caused her to possibly fail?

Seeking/Expectations: I am looking for someone to play the role of the woman. Negotiations are applicable and variations of the story premise are welcome!

Hedonistic Addictions
Tags: Modern Fantasy, Romance, Action, Corruption, Substance Abuse, MxF
Content Ratio: 50% Story-Driven, 10% Mystery, 10% Paranormal, 30% Erotica

Story Premise:
Although the world continues to turn and etch out history based on conflict, there is no shortage of those that dabble into the paranormal or the occult. While the mundane and average rarely speaks of it, those within its inner circles are tightly knit in an aloof sense of unity. Some agree to keep secrets and safeguard others from facing its dangers and horror.  Some simply broadcast it and create a means of income from it.  There are a few, however, that are forced into this "hidden layer" of reality in unexpected ways.  Such a case befell the young runaway, Seren Hillsburough. Her life has been a series of unfortunate events ever since the untimely death of her mother fifteen years ago. Over the span of a rocky childhood and a stint of regretful teenage years, she dropped out of high school, became a two-time tenant of her local juvenile detention center, ran away from homes multiple times, and fell in with the wrong crowds before ultimately becoming a withdrawn loner as time went on. While her alcoholic father, school counselors, and a psychologist all struggled to understand the root of her issues, the truth was simple: she is unable to escape the visions and whispers of the deceased...

Now, at the ripe age of nineteen, Seren left home due to very unfortunate circumstances and started to walk her way across the country. With no real destination in mind, she hitches a ride from a complete stranger bound for the big city.  With the miles growing larger and larger behind her, she cannot help but ask what his agenda is, why he decided to help, and what sort of payment is he going to ask for? In time, she will learn that he is a private investigator and that she has the means to help the man's career.  What does this all mean? What is his current investigation?  How will her unique "gift" be able to help?

Seeking/Expectations: I am seeking someone to play the role of the male in this scenario. Negotiations are applicable and variations of the story premise are welcome!