News:

Main Menu

A Damned Bad Day

Started by Zakharra, May 10, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakharra

Today I had my life shot out from under me. Most of the day was good. No problems on my job.  The sh*t started when  I got home to find out that the Child Protective Services had been called and had taken my and my gf's children. We are both in shock. It took us awhile to track the sheriff's dectective down that took them. My gf is going to be talking to the detective tommorrow since I have to  work. We don't know when we will get our children back. It's tearing my gf apart.

We both love out children very much. I am still in shock. We'll find out what happens when  she's done meeting the detective.

Goddess pray for us, for we need it.  They are our children....

Swedish Steel

Damn, that's horrible! What is it, some gay thing? Lesbians can't be good parents? That's just bullcrap.  >:(
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

littlelostlaney

I don't know you, so I'm really sorry if you want me to butt out (just say so and I will). But I'm sorry this happened. Do you have any idea why? Feel free to vent like crazy, I'm listening anyway.

Laney.

Zakharra

All we know is that the school might have had something to do with it. The reason that we know of is abuse and neglect and bruising.   We'll find out what's up tommorrow. The detective is coming by tonight to drop off some paperwork. Hopefully that will give us something. 

littlelostlaney

I don't know if this helps at all, but here's a quick list of internet resources: http://www.olywa.net/preblelaw/cpspeople.htm

Zakharra

If it's some BS, we'll be very pissed. There is a chance the CPS will go digging in to our lives. Looking for things to show that we are unfit parents. My gf, Arri lives a different lifestyle that would suit parts of this forums (bondage/Dom stuff)  and I am a TS, Transsexual. If CPS brings that up for us being unfit parents, I'm going to sic the ACLU on  their damned asses and have it done up as discrimination.

Both me and my gf take care to keep our children out of that. We have not told them what we do and they don't know I'm a ts yet.                                                                                                                                     

littlelostlaney

Just out of curiosity (by all means tell me to screw off if you want to), where are you? That's horrible news, and you should definitely get the ACLU involved if you think it's discrimination.

Zakharra

We live in north Idaho, USA.

Amberghylles

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I've had a child torn out of my life... I know it's worse than losing part of yourself.  You have my sympathy and I shall pray for your children's swift and safe return.

littlelostlaney

I'm in Seattle. I know there are some resources available for the trans community out here, but I don't know how widespread they are in North Idaho. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Zakharra

There is some in Spokane, the nearest large city and I could get some help from the local Gay and Lesbian group maybe. I'll know what we might need tommorrow, so all of this is speculation. Hopefully it will be smoothed over and our children can come home.

.. damn it. I miss them.

RogueJedi

One of my other TS friends went through this as well.  I am sorry, but this is BS.  And as a fellow TS, if you need help, I am willing to offer what I can.  Quick point, who are your congressmen?  (If they are Republicans, I might be able to help out some more...)

Ellyssa

*hugs Zakharra* Sorry to hear, ugh, I hope everything goes well for the both of you.. that's horrible! :(

Lyria

I can't begin to say how sorry I am and that I feel for you. While I've never been in your shoes, as a mother just the thought of losing my child like that makes me ache and feel physical pain. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for you.

I sincerely hope things work out and wish there was something we could all do.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Zakharra

I can't do much right now, until we know more.

:'(  Damn  it, they're my children..

Elvi

Zakharra........*hugs*.......
You know where we are, there's not much Strangely and I can do for you over here, but you know where we are..... 
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Natalie C. Barney

This is why my lover and I refuse to have children, adopted or otherwise. I love kids but its too much of a hastle and risk here in Florida. We couldn't legally adopt anyway due to the laws.

I'm sure of your legal standing though being gay or transgendered is not protected by law in most places. I do hope things work out for your family I suggest if it does move to a more accepting location maybe someplace in California or Vermont I hate to say that but to many any gay with a child is suspect. And with you a TS and your lover into what she is your a big target for religious bigotry.

First things first you must win the fight at hand. Good luck.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Zakharra

Thanks for the support.  If they end up looking into our private lives, it won't be pretty. This isn't the way I was expecting to anounce my TS to my parents and everyone else.

Elvi

Your parents are adults, they will handle it or not.
Concentrate on getting your children back and then worry about that.
Infact, there is little point in worrying about any problem until you find out why they were taken.

Just take a deep breath and the two of you prepare yourselves to be calm and reasonable, it is in the end all you can do at the moment.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Zakharra

Got the paperwork. We have a court hearing in 48 hours. Arri will be going to it likely, since I cannot get any time off (contracted in and I have no substitutes to work for me). It's a good thing she has the week off. However this is not how she intended to spend it. She's researching what she needs in Idaho right now. I really really hope this can be worked out.

Natalie C. Barney

My sister works for Child Protective Services in New York CIty she said one thing up front get a good lawyer immediately to protect your rights. Don't fill out anything, talk to anyone or put yourself in any risk until you talk to someone. And in Idaho she suspects they will dig deep and may get a warrant to search your computer to protect yourself you need a lawyer. I didn't give details but thought some advice from a person in the position would help and a lawyer is the main thing you have to get NOW, not later. That was the big mistake most people make going into this without one.

Hope it helps some.

"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Zakharra

She's working on that now. She's talking to a friend of ours, online, that has done alot of social services work, and he can give us advice on what to do and such.

alahendra

Quote from: Zakharra on May 10, 2006, 08:52:52 PM
We live in north Idaho, USA.

Oh Zakharra, I am so sorry this happened to you in Idaho.  As I live in southern Idaho, I can attest to the close-mindedness of some of the idiots in this state.  In addition to the ACLU, if you decide to seek private counsel, there is a list on this website.

http://www.rainbowlaw.org/html/directoryID.htm

Good luck to you. 
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

Ajoxer

I'm terribly sorry... God, this is one of the things I hate more than anything else about this damn stupid country, full of Puritan remnants- I hope that you can get your kids back, and get the legal right to kick the people who decided you were unfit to be parents in the ass. Those jerks... * hug.* If we can do anything, remember, we're there.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Lilac

Quote from: Zakharra on May 10, 2006, 10:59:04 PM
Got the paperwork. We have a court hearing in 48 hours. Arri will be going to it likely, since I cannot get any time off (contracted in and I have no substitutes to work for me). It's a good thing she has the week off. However this is not how she intended to spend it. She's researching what she needs in Idaho right now. I really really hope this can be worked out.

;_;

I wish you the best of luck.