Star Wars: Here, They were the heroes (Imperial centric,) Interest Check

Started by Mac84, August 02, 2017, 04:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayrax

That one's usually used by the rebels. To my knowledge the Imps used Star Destroyers (VSD-I, VSD-II, ISD-I, ISD-II), cruisers and rarely corvettes.

Metraxa

The OP had a list of the ships the garrison had.

Quotetwo first generation Imperial Class-Star Destroyers along with a handful of Victory Class, and Gladiator Class Star Destroyers. Smaller Imperial Raider Class Corvettes

Also, marking interest. If someone flies a ship, I'm willing to be second in command or what have you. I have som interesting ideas

Captain Whitebread

Actually, any Nerbulon-Bs that were used by the Rebels were captured from the Imperials.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

RubySlippers

Remind me to have my character own shares in Czerka Arms stock.  ;D

Seriously I'm looking for a good rifle with scope and other military mods but not collapsible like that rifle posted, they must have other versions, its a big company with a lot of likely slug throwers and a good pistol or two but not acid but good armor punching through solid rounds but could add those kind of clips for squishier targets.  >:)

Captain Whitebread

RubySlippers

Juggtacular

You know what else Czerka is good at? Being target practice.

I'm thinking my guy is a Mandalorian or Kiffar who essentially turned into a Smuggler/Pirate specifically in defiance of the Empire. He wreaked havoc on supply lines, stole equipment, credits, info, etc... Finally one of his crew betrayed him to the Empire. But instead of killing him, they actually respected his abilities. They decided that they could kill two birds with one stone and use him as a guinea pig for bleeding edge cybernetic experiments. And he had no choice but to agree as they had information on his loved ones to use against him. So they didn't risk any loyal Imperial soldiers, but if the procedure worked, they had a cyber-warrior with a leash around his neck. He did wet work and covert ops for years until he was left to die on an operation that was deemed a failure partway through. He completed the mission and survived though. But instead of a reward, he was pushed to the ass end the galaxy by the men in charge of his program. They couldn't afford to lose face with the Emperor with having the operative show up alive after they reported a total failure to cut their losses. But they couldn't afford to destroy him either. So instead they put him in political purgatory, giving him a garrison posting to keep him out of the way while they figured out a way to reintroduce him to the Empire without incurring the wrath of the Emperor for their fuckups in the past.

Mac84

Quote from: BlackStone on August 03, 2017, 07:24:38 PM
Would playing command of the Imperial presence be allowed?  I was thinking the Captain of one of the Victory or Gladiator Star Destroyers since the role of Ace pilot was already pitched.

Yeah, command of a Victory, or Gladiator is allowed. As well as Imperial Raider Corvettes.  There is two ISDs in the Fleet, The Manticore, and the Stalwart. Both are older First Generation Imperial Class Star Destroyers. Though the Stalwart is perpetually stuck in Dry dock as the Fleet does not have the parts to maintain her, and have been actually robbing parts from her to keep the Manticore afloat.

At the moment, there is no Ace Pilot. I was using Tara as an example for a character sheet.

Quote from: Metraxa on August 03, 2017, 09:31:07 PM
The OP had a list of the ships the garrison had.

Also, marking interest. If someone flies a ship, I'm willing to be second in command or what have you. I have som interesting ideas

What kind of interesting ideas?

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on August 03, 2017, 04:41:58 PM
Technically it's a random sci-fi sniping rifle pulled off Google.  In canon it would be a redressed E-11 sniping rifle or if I had a preference, a redressed a sniper modded version of the DC-15A

I can edit to change the name and the pic.

DC-15A Blaster Rifle

Yeah, lets go with the DC-15A then as it looks more like Star Wars.

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on August 03, 2017, 09:47:07 PM
Actually, any Nerbulon-Bs that were used by the Rebels were captured from the Imperials.

Really!? If the Imperials were using them, you would think we would see it in the films. Course, that could be Books.

pendarious

I'll take command of one of the Star Destroyers. I don't care if i'ts the Dry Docked Stalwart or one of the other classes....by the way are they Victory and Gladiator I's or II's?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Metraxa

Quote from: Mac84 on August 04, 2017, 07:39:23 AM
What kind of interesting ideas?
Off the top of my head a corrupt second in command (the kind susceptible to bribery in exchange for not looking too hard at certain things). Because corruption is fun :V

RubySlippers

In the hospital and have surgery tomorrow with recovery won't be back on until Monday reliably but my wife is bringing my laptop its on military insurance and the hospital is treating me like a queen and tons of family are around so assuming nothing goes wrong its fairly easy time for me, I've got younger nieces and nephews to slave for me.

Captain Whitebread

Will edit the profile.

Wookieepdia indicated that the Nebulon-B that Luke was recovering on after his fight with Vader was a captured and converted ship.

RegretNot

I am interested.  The current idea I am working with is that fact that Imperial Special Forces / Death Troopers are around in this era.  It is a big enough garrison as well as a focus for the emperor for the "threat" that maybe one unit is sent and attached to the garrison.  They are doing patrols and scouting in the area trying to figure out what is going on, being Imperial Special Forces their team is built to be self sustainable and likely their appearance puts a lot on edge. 

Mac84

Quote from: RegretNot on August 05, 2017, 02:40:08 AM
I am interested.  The current idea I am working with is that fact that Imperial Special Forces / Death Troopers are around in this era.  It is a big enough garrison as well as a focus for the emperor for the "threat" that maybe one unit is sent and attached to the garrison.  They are doing patrols and scouting in the area trying to figure out what is going on, being Imperial Special Forces their team is built to be self sustainable and likely their appearance puts a lot on edge.

While yes, there are Special Forces/Death Troopers around. Bear in mind that the galaxy is completely blind to the Threat. So there is no way for anyone to anticipate it. The other part is that this is considered one of the worst assignments in the Empire. A purgatory where people, and their careers are forgotten. So Special Forces/Death Troopers would likely not be assigned to this sector cause of the waste of their potential.

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 04, 2017, 06:12:42 PM
In the hospital and have surgery tomorrow with recovery won't be back on until Monday reliably but my wife is bringing my laptop its on military insurance and the hospital is treating me like a queen and tons of family are around so assuming nothing goes wrong its fairly easy time for me, I've got younger nieces and nephews to slave for me.

Good luck with your Surgery Ruby. :D

Quote from: pendarious on August 04, 2017, 12:16:25 PM
I'll take command of one of the Star Destroyers. I don't care if i'ts the Dry Docked Stalwart or one of the other classes....by the way are they Victory and Gladiator I's or II's?

As it stands, the Stalwart does not have a captain. Only a skeleton Crew to keep up what maintenance it can while they wait on the parts to get her up, and running again. Imperial High Command sees no urgency in getting them the parts. So for the moment, the Stalwart is a dead stick.

So it would be Victories, Gladiators, and Raiders. All "I"s.

Quote from: Metraxa on August 04, 2017, 01:12:46 PM
Off the top of my head a corrupt second in command (the kind susceptible to bribery in exchange for not looking too hard at certain things). Because corruption is fun :V

I guess everyone has to make a living, and Imperial Credits are barely enough to afford Top Shelf. :p

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on August 05, 2017, 12:01:16 AM
Will edit the profile.

Wookieepdia indicated that the Nebulon-B that Luke was recovering on after his fight with Vader was a captured and converted ship.

I didn't know that. :-)

Now onto the Matter of Sex. While fraternization between the Ranks may be heavily frowned upon closer to the core worlds, and Civilization. This far out in the boonies, there really isn't much else to do. That, and Commanders understand that the Troopers, and Sailors need to blow off some steam every now and then. While it is not as frowned upon as in the Core Worlds, the Upper command does expect a level of decorum, and professionalism. Basically so long as it doesn't affect an Imperial performance in a negative way and kept behind closed doors. A blind eye is often turned to such indiscretions. Even if it involves Alien races. And while I know everyone knows this, I will say it just in case.

Please respect your Partner's Ons and Offs.

There is also a place on Entant IV, a neutral Zone where a person's affiliation is checked at the door. One of the few distractions for those that are exiled to this sector of space. A large Cantina/Inn known as "Paradisio". Several rules are iron clad. 1. No uniforms/markings (This goes for Imperial, Rebels, Etc.) 2. No fighting. Everyone is armed and no one wants the only decent bar to get busted up. So the Person you're sitting across from, sharing an ice cold beer could be the most wanted man in four systems! They could be the meanest nastiest slaver. They could be a Hutt's Right hand Man. Hell, the person you could be sitting across from could be the Area's Rebel Commander! You never know, and he/She ain't talking about it.

RegretNot

What if this unit was made to "fall on their sword" for an operation gone wrong.  Their unit is dispatched out here as part of a deep reconnaissance mission with no expiration date, they know that means that they are basically being left out in the cold void.  I was thinking of them being "Stintaril Squad" and via being involved at the Battle of Scarif and failing to stop intelligence from getting out they get shipped off.  If that doesn't fit the timeline can always have another plundered operation.  A group of twelve special forces dealing with a Grand Moff's anger and being tossed out wouldn't be outside the scope and also give them more want to redeem themselves or assume they are stuck forever.  I always found their canon to be interesting and it builds an interesting camaraderie if others wanted to make members.  If this doesn't fit I can go back to the drawing board. 

Kadigan

Name Pemily Metcalf
Race: Human
Sex Female
Sexuality: Bisexual
Faction: Imperial

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

Height: 5’4
Weight: 120
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Sense of style: Pemily has no real sense of style or much care for it. She wears whatever pants and shirt she has laying about, usually imperial issued dark clothing.

EQUIPMENT-ABILITIES

D-93 Incinerator ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/D-93_Incinerator_flamethrower)
E-11 Blaster Rifle ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-11_blaster_rifle/Legends)

HISTORY-PERSONALITY

History: Pemily grew up in a middle class family on Corellia, to a safe, boring, predictable existence. Daughter of an architect and a holovid reporter, she went to a nice school, joined all the right clubs, her future mapped out for her. She would get a job, find a spouse, grow old and die. The only strange thing in her life was the fire that seemed to follow her around. The equipment shed at her school caught ablaze. Then several stands near her home. It took investigators 3 years to put it together that she was the one doing it. The flames fascinated her, drove her to them. To shape them, control them, to nurture them.

Her parents didn’t quite see it that way and neither did the doctor’s. But her profile and condition were flagged after a few years in the system, and came to the attention of her local Imperial recruiter. Paying her a visit, his credentials and a threat were all that it took to get the girl released into Imperial custody. Of all the troopers, the Flametrooper division was the hardest to recruit for, so anyone who actually wanted a job that involved burning things was a rare find indeed.

After completing basic imperial training, she was fitted with a customized tank for her smaller frame, she was put into the field. Her job was fairly simple, find a place where fire was not and correct it when ordered too. It was the ordered too part that drove her mad sometimes, but she was able to rein it in, as she was given plenty of opportunities to light things on fire.

Personality: She’s quite devoted to the Empire, as she was given an occupation where she could indulge her love for as long as she’s able to do it, and do it well. She’s generally a fairly cheerful, if a bit sarcastic person, as long as it’s not too long between assignments, then she gets twitchy and a bit aggravated, like a user coming down from a high.

Reason for Assignment: A division of Flametroopers was chosen at random to go on this assignment, there was no malice or incompetence involved. Her name just happened to come up in the rotation for it. Just another cog in the machine.

Ons: Things on fire. Setting fire to things. Eopies.

Offs: Things not on fire that should be.

pendarious

alright then I'll take command of one of the Victory I's I'll get a profile up soon-ish
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Kadigan

Mac84

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on August 05, 2017, 10:05:56 AM
Also, this whole thing makes me think of this great Pro-Empire video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

I will freely admit that this video made me want to do an Empire Centric RP. particularly cause the Bomber pilot is smoking hot! XD

Quote from: RegretNot on August 05, 2017, 09:15:12 AM
What if this unit was made to "fall on their sword" for an operation gone wrong.  Their unit is dispatched out here as part of a deep reconnaissance mission with no expiration date, they know that means that they are basically being left out in the cold void.  I was thinking of them being "Stintaril Squad" and via being involved at the Battle of Scarif and failing to stop intelligence from getting out they get shipped off.  If that doesn't fit the timeline can always have another plundered operation.  A group of twelve special forces dealing with a Grand Moff's anger and being tossed out wouldn't be outside the scope and also give them more want to redeem themselves or assume they are stuck forever.  I always found their canon to be interesting and it builds an interesting camaraderie if others wanted to make members.  If this doesn't fit I can go back to the drawing board. 

I'm sorry but for this game I would like to avoid "Special Forces"/Super Soldiers type characters.

Quote from: pendarious on August 05, 2017, 09:59:33 AM
alright then I'll take command of one of the Victory I's I'll get a profile up soon-ish

No worries, Pend.

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on August 05, 2017, 09:52:19 AM

Name Pemily Metcalf
Race: Human
Sex Female
Sexuality: Bisexual
Faction: Imperial

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

Height: 5’4
Weight: 120
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Sense of style: Pemily has no real sense of style or much care for it. She wears whatever pants and shirt she has laying about, usually imperial issued dark clothing.

EQUIPMENT-ABILITIES

D-93 Incinerator ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/D-93_Incinerator_flamethrower)
E-11 Blaster Rifle ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-11_blaster_rifle/Legends)

HISTORY-PERSONALITY

History: Pemily grew up in a middle class family on Corellia, to a safe, boring, predictable existence. Daughter of an architect and a holovid reporter, she went to a nice school, joined all the right clubs, her future mapped out for her. She would get a job, find a spouse, grow old and die. The only strange thing in her life was the fire that seemed to follow her around. The equipment shed at her school caught ablaze. Then several stands near her home. It took investigators 3 years to put it together that she was the one doing it. The flames fascinated her, drove her to them. To shape them, control them, to nurture them.

Her parents didn’t quite see it that way and neither did the doctor’s. But her profile and condition were flagged after a few years in the system, and came to the attention of her local Imperial recruiter. Paying her a visit, his credentials and a threat were all that it took to get the girl released into Imperial custody. Of all the troopers, the Flametrooper division was the hardest to recruit for, so anyone who actually wanted a job that involved burning things was a rare find indeed.

After completing basic imperial training, she was fitted with a customized tank for her smaller frame, she was put into the field. Her job was fairly simple, find a place where fire was not and correct it when ordered too. It was the ordered too part that drove her mad sometimes, but she was able to rein it in, as she was given plenty of opportunities to light things on fire.

Personality: She’s quite devoted to the Empire, as she was given an occupation where she could indulge her love for as long as she’s able to do it, and do it well. She’s generally a fairly cheerful, if a bit sarcastic person, as long as it’s not too long between assignments, then she gets twitchy and a bit aggravated, like a user coming down from a high.

Reason for Assignment: A division of Flametroopers was chosen at random to go on this assignment, there was no malice or incompetence involved. Her name just happened to come up in the rotation for it. Just another cog in the machine.

Ons: Things on fire. Setting fire to things. Eopies.

Offs: Things not on fire that should be.

very interesting character. :D

RegretNot

Wasn't looking for super soldiers but understood.  I will be withdrawing interest, good luck with the game. 

Captain Whitebread

Something I'd like to add to Randall Dunn's profile:  He's a collector of speeder bikes (he's got four) and in his off time is frequently tinkering with them, trying to scavenge parts to get them all running (currently one or two run consistently, one is borderline and one doesn't run at all.

I'm thinking maybe these ones
Bespin Motors CK-6  'Freeco' swoop bike (borderline) - abandoned military design - still has the weapon mounts and targeting system - just no weapons
Geonosian Huppla Pasa Tisc Shipwrights Collective 'Flitknot' (not running) - kinda hard to get parts all the way from Geonosia
Lhosan Industries 'AeroChaser' speeder bike (running) - looks like a beater but runs like a top
Mandolorian MandalMotors 'Balutar'-class swoop (running) - his pride and joy

Mac84

Quote from: RegretNot on August 05, 2017, 12:41:45 PM
Wasn't looking for super soldiers but understood.  I will be withdrawing interest, good luck with the game. 

Thank you for your time, and interest. I wish you the best of luck as well.

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on August 06, 2017, 10:44:36 AM
Something I'd like to add to Randall Dunn's profile:  He's a collector of speeder bikes (he's got four) and in his off time is frequently tinkering with them, trying to scavenge parts to get them all running (currently one or two run consistently, one is borderline and one doesn't run at all.

I'm thinking maybe these ones
Bespin Motors CK-6  'Freeco' swoop bike (borderline) - abandoned military design - still has the weapon mounts and targeting system - just no weapons
Geonosian Huppla Pasa Tisc Shipwrights Collective 'Flitknot' (not running) - kinda hard to get parts all the way from Geonosia
Lhosan Industries 'AeroChaser' speeder bike (running) - looks like a beater but runs like a top
Mandolorian MandalMotors 'Balutar'-class swoop (running) - his pride and joy

I don't see a reason why he can't have a small collection, though they'll have to be stored planet side or at a private residence when he is away on Missions.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Mac84 on August 06, 2017, 02:44:02 PM

I don't see a reason why he can't have a small collection, though they'll have to be stored planet side or at a private residence when he is away on Missions.

You mean he can't carry them around with him?  LOL.  I was thinking they're stuffed off in one corner of the base vehicle bay.  The space isn't needed for anything and he keeps it nice and tidy.

TheLegionary

Bookmarked.

Will anyone play Mara Jade? I would love to create a character to interact with her.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: TheLegionary on August 06, 2017, 06:59:29 PM
Bookmarked.

Will anyone play Mara Jade? I would love to create a character to interact with her.

I'm thinking she won't be turning up in our backwater corner of the galaxy.  I could be wrong but don't hold your breath.