Darkest Desires - Good enough to sink your teeth into...

Started by Esoteric Myobi, March 01, 2010, 02:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Profiles are looking great so far. We have two characters per clan (or will once the two reserved spots get their profiles up), except for the werewolves.

Hm, if we manage to get more people per clan that would make for a decent amount of interaction hopefully but for now two each is good.

So..just need to get another werewolf to even that out..and perhaps a few werewolves and fangless?

Thoughts?

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

TheHangedOne

If people will be allowed to join into play later on, I'd say we have enough people to get things rolling. I do think it would be nice to even out the numbers. <.< maaaybe get a few more humans. Just my two cents on the matter.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'd agree that we have enough to get it started. For the clans, even with one werewolf were still doing well in terms of character associations. I'd welcome more players, but, for me, providing a good way to incorporate new characters is better than waiting especially when, often the story is a better basis for new characters than the concept itself.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Esoteric Myobi

Agreed, Aether will just be a little lonely for a while but he'll be busy with the rest of us vampires anyway. Hope you don't mind too much Aether ^^;

I'd like to get the two reserved character profiles up first as well. The player who expressed interest in the Ravnos king will be away for the next few days so we'll probably get started once his character is posted.

Is that fine with everyone? And yes, if anyone else expresses interest later on they can always join as well.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Xanatos

Esoteric Myobi

Lolx, are you sure you aren't just an animal at heart? >:)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

I am working on it, I swear!

Cassiopeia

Name: Cara (O'Connor) Altare
Race: Turned Vampire
Clan: Altare
Station: Altare's second in command
Abilities: Telekinesis
              Empathy

Weapons: Crossbow
                 Sword

Appearance: With long golden locks extending down to the small of her back and soft, fair features Cara would not at first appear to be the stereotypical vampire.  Save for her almost glowing violet eyes she would give off the impression of a nearly innocent young woman.  She uses her curvaceous toned form as a weapon in fighting, keeping it well trained and not simply relying on her vampiric abilities.

Personality:
Cara is efficient in her duties, carrying out swiftly whatever the queen asks of her or seeing that others do.  At times she may give off the impression of being cold but inwardly that's not the case.  The small amount of people she lets close to her get to see a very warm, playful, and loyal side, one demonstrated by sweet smiles and youthful dimples.  Though once having dwelt on revenge Cara sees the importance of peace for the clans as well as the species in order to maintain safety, it is a goal she would sacrifice herself gladly for.  Fighting, although a great talent of hers isn't so much a hobby as a necessity as she regrets spilling blood in anger. 

Biography:
Cara O'Connor was born in the mid 17th century to a family of shepherds.  War and battles were behind their family for the time being, and they lived in peace, secluded in their large area of lush green land.  Cara grew up knowing a quiet and simple existence, though she had her own personal sense of adventure which she kept tucked away inside her, allowing it room to breath when she was alone and had time to daydream.

One day, at the age of 16 it was she and her brother's turn to watch the flock.  Since her brother was feeling sick she took it upon herself to go alone, venturing far out into the pastures.  She watched the sheep while letting her mind wander free and unhampered until she heard the shrill screams carrying all the way out to the grassy knolls.  Her heart lurched up up into her throat, thinking that her family was being attacked by some lingering soldiers.  In her heart though, as her horse raced back to her home, she knew that nothing human could cause such anguished cries of pure torment.  Swift as her steed was she was too late to do or see anything but the exsanguinated bodies of her family, splayed through the yard and the house.

Her fragile heart was shattered as well as all hope within her, seeing that everyone whom she loved and cared for was brutally taken from her.  She sat on the ground for hours, crying and shaking until her mind began to morbidly wonder what on earth or hell could have done something like this.  Cara could see the fang marks on the colorless bodies when it occurred to her.  She knew of only one thing that could be responsible for such killings, the fabled sumaire.  It had only been a myth though, a scary story for around the fire ... but what else could it have possibly been?

She was unsure how much longer she lingered in the same spot, though it was less than a day, when the beautiful and dark young woman approached her.  Cara could see just by her almost glowingly bright eyes that she was not human and once her teeth were displayed her suspicions were confirmed.  She had nothing left to live for but to avenge her family.  Without weapons or even a plan she flew at the creature, set to kill or die trying.  Having no real fighting skills and not even half the strength of the lady vampire she was easily overpowered but was shocked when death did not come.  Instead the woman explained that she was not one of the vicious creature that was responsible for the atrocity and that the pack of hungry vampires had gone on to terrorize the local village as well.

It was then that the woman, showing a surprising amount of compassion, offered Cara to come with her for there was no reason left to stay and on her own she would possibly fall victim to the beastly vampires if they returned.  Partially out of desperation and partially out of desire to keep an eye (and possibly gain the upper hand) on this sumaire who she mistrusted, Cara agreed and went along with her.  She couldn't help the dark curiosity she had for these sentient predators.

The dark woman she came to know as Arina led a clan of vampires and was committed to peace between the species.  Arina protected Cara, ordering that she not be bitten or touched by any other vampire and slowly Cara became convinced of her sincerity.  By the end of her first year among the Altare clan the two became quite close though Cara always felt inferior, reminded subconsciously of the weakness of humans in comparison.  Not wanting to be weak and vulnerable she longed to be turned but Arina would always deny her either saying she was too young or that she should treasure her humanity.  Though this made Cara unhappy she continued to be loyal to her savior, the only person alive who she truly cared for.

Six years after her family's death Cara entered a village as she had grown accustomed to doing, both for necessary items and to remind herself of what she truly was.  On her way back to the Altare fortress she was attacked by a group of vampire hunters who had apparently been watching her for quite some time.  They beat her for being a traitor to her kind and threatened to kill her unless she led them to the clan.  Cara refused, intent on protecting her only 'family' at all cost.  When it became apparent that no matter how severely they beat her she would continue to refuse they slashed her, nearly to ribbons, and left her for dead.  Thankfully Arina had had a vision of the attack after Cara left the fortress and went out searching for her.  Happening upon her nearly lifeless body Arina knew there was only one option and with a heavy heart turned Cara into an immortal.

As her new life began Cara took on the surname Altare, feeling the need to let go of that aspect of her old life and fully accept her new family.  Now turned she and the Altare Queen were closer than ever, bonding beyond their maker/turned connection as Arina helped her through the transition.  Deciding against becoming fangless Cara did not fight her vampiric desires, controlling her need to hunt very carefully and only feeding as Arina had taught her.  She was even more committed now to the Queen's goal of peace, seeing with new eyes how it would be a benefit for all the races, including humanity.

Over the centuries she extensively trained in combat, focusing on her defense.  Her talents lied in swordsmanship and her deadly aim with a crossbow.  For a time she withdrew herself completely from all things human, thinking it would be easier but now has come to accept it as a part of her, attempting to do small things to remind her of her inner humanity.  Though her life as a vampire has seen her go through many changes one thing has never wavered much at all: her undying loyalty and love for her savior and maker.

Cassiopeia

That took so long and I totally got carried away! ><

Hehehe animal ... you and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals ...  O:)

Jellineck

Hm. Now I kind of wish I had submitted a male character to help even it out. If I should pick up a certain character throughout the course of gameplay, it will likely be a nice burly werewolf man (or maybe cowardly spindly werewolf...hey, fun to defy stereotypes). It will be a good change from the uppity bitch I plan to hate. Hey, I get my sick jollies playing characters that people hate.
“If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” - Tallulah Bankhead

Esoteric Myobi

Lolx Jellineck..well hopefully we'll get more players interested. But if not, feel free to make a second character if you feel yourself able to dual role. =)

And yes Cassi, you wrote a book and put us all to shame >.> But I'll forgive you since you're speshal =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Nuu ><  That was not my intent at all and you knows it!  It was just ... the backstory ... and the alliance ... and the turning!  I couldn't stop myself  :-[  I was not in control of my own body!

But at least I is speshal  ;D *glows*

Aether

*grins at the glowy Cassi*

Love it when a story comes together!

Xanatos

I see animals are in style here... -smirks- Xavier and Danica might need to put on a show?

As for being an animal at heart? Most certainly not, I am just good at pretending.

Esoteric Myobi

Well, I like to think that we all have an animal hidden away somewhere within us x3 Just waiting for that chance to come out and show their full potential =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Jellineck

I really enjoyed it, Cassi. I think a nice thick back story can just help put more flavor into a character. Besides, it's lovely when one is inspired. I've had novels of charrie descriptions before because the layers of development just unfold naturally sometimes.

And I have the feeling my inner animal is a chinchilla. Not particularly kinky. *envisions trying to scratch someone up with little tiny mouse paws* Maybe for the very very very patient masochist.

Gr, muthafucka.
“If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” - Tallulah Bankhead

Esoteric Myobi

Oh my gosh!!!

-squeals!-

Sooo cuteee!!

-huggles and cuddles and squeezes the adorable chinchilla-Jellineck-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Aw ty Jellineck, that's really sweet of you to say ^_^  Yeah it's kinda funny when you just get on a roll, it's like someone else is practically writing for you :P

ZOMG Chin! *squeees*

Damnit My beat me to the cuddly-squish! <.< *shrugs and cuddles My instead*

Today I keep bouncing between being a crazy flying squirrel

(note my large stash of toys <.<)

And a devilish vixen  ::)

Duchess

taking my time in reading before applying ,might join if more people is needed if that OK..

Esoteric Myobi

Duchess, take your time reading ^^ It helps to know all the finer details and less confusion in the long run. Also, what I'm currently looking for most is another werewolf, humans, and perhaps a few Fangless. Of course, vampires are welcome as well. I just want to try and keep a balance between both female and male characters as well as a certain equal number in each clan.

Glad to know that we're still picking up interest. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Jellineck

>> <<  ;) *pops tongue out at Cassi then burrows contentedly into My's bountiful bosom* Yeah, I'm glad it's getting so much attention! I'm excited. In so many ways. Oh, what?

If anyone would like to have some sort of pre-existing relationship or encounter with Pearl, just let me know. I thought it might a bit fun to mix it up by having a bit of a history with some characters. After all, the vampires have quite a long time to find one another. I would kiss a chinchilla for a rival or even an enemy.

Xanatos

Here is my contribution to the cute and furry animals...

PeacethatPowerbrings

My inner animal:

Don't be fooled. Behind those eyes lies an evil geinus, bent on ruling the world and taking vengence on his furless human overlords.
Don't believe me?
Look closer.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.