News:

Main Menu

Favorite Concerts?

Started by Inferior Rabbit, January 26, 2016, 10:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DahliaBlossom

My very first concert I was 13 and my sister took me to a Rage Against The Machine concert, it was their last one before Zack left the group, so we were damn fucking lucky. It was the greatest night of my life. I can remember how cool Zack was on stage, telling the girls to keep their shirts on, for guys to respect the women in the crowd, for no moshing and no fighting. because we were all there to enjoy the music, not be assholes. it was AWESOME. At one point my sister and I were getting pinned and kinda crushed in the crowd so these HUGE guys that were behind us actively made it possible to push the crowd back so we, mainly me, breathe. There were like five or six of these really tall, buff guys. They helped us and they were awesome. They made sure we were okay and having fun, they were there for music too. It was just really neat.

My worst experience? I was at an AFI concert with a friend when we were roughly 16. I went to see Yellow Card, they were opening for AFI. So the fact I missed AFI entirely was fine by me. I was getting smothered in the front, I had a hoodie on cause it was winter but I should've just froze in line. I got overheated and needed to be pulled out. The security DROPPED me on that really thick fence they use to block the crowd from the stage. It fractured my spin, cause pieces of my spine to break off on the inside of my column. I was lucky I didn't get paralyzed, I had to wear a brace and had to be careful until the slivered pieces regrew back to my spine, otherwise one could fall or slam and the pieces could have paralyzed me. The doctor I told me story to didn't right everything down because the concert was at our University. So when I went to sue....I got fucked because of that doctor. Had he written everything down I would have walked away never having to worry about paying for school or anything for a long, long time.

ShadowOfSeduction

My best, by far, was the show I went to for Sabbath's retirement tour. It was epic. Ozzy was clearly sober again; he was jumping around on stage with the energy of someone half his age. There's nothing quite like the sound of fifty thousand voices singing "Iron Man". Plus, I have never seen that much unleashed sexual energy in one place before. Security wasn't even bothering people about anything less than blatant intercourse; they would have had to throw more than half the audience out.

Kaspider

Who here has gone to see Mono of Japan live? It's bloody awesome.
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.

Beej

DMX and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.  Weird crowd, hella good time.
Old R’lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one, by the Great Old One.

Giantmutantcrab

Bruce Springsteen. Bell Centre, Montréal, Québec. 2008.

Mind-blowing.

Nico

The Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra playing Star Wars songs in 2010. Perfect.

National Acrobat

Black Sabbath with Ozzy, 1999 (Pantera opened)

Black Sabbath with Dio, 2007 (Megadeth and Testament opened)

Ghost, 2016

Jethro Tull, 1988

Motörhead, 1995 (Bastards Tour, hell of a show)

Worst had to be the Cult in 1990. It was obvious Astbury was either drunk
Or stoned and couldn't remember lyrics and cues. Was all over the place.

Tanken Sai

Backstreet boys 2000
And mushroomhead second concert year 1998
May the goddess watch over you

Story Tale

Aerosmith, it was my first..

Wait.. *looks up*

Backstreet Boys and Mushroomhead? No explanations. Please, you must give me more, I am intrigued.

Life in Color

Every Yellowcard show I've ever been to has been amazing.

So sad they're done, now.

<3

readableoak

x Japan <3 I've seen them twice, 2010 and 2014. I went with my friend the second time and ahhh it was simply amazing~
[12/19/23 Hey! Let's Play!
1 Hetero idea up | 2 Yaoi / MxM ideas up | 1 Yuri / FxF idea up]

My Plot Thread

CopperLily

Pretty much anything played at Red Rocks in Colorado.

MetaAugustus

Coheed and Cambria in 2009.  Was at a local festival and I had just started getting into them, having heard of them before but never really going deep until a week or so before the concert.

My God, even while standing near the speakers and getting kicked in the face by every crowd-surfer ever it was the greatest time of my life.

VonHellsing

Last summer; Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin, with Alter Bridge and Saint Asonia opening.

Saint Asonia was alright. Nothing to really write home about. Granted, I never heard of them till the concert, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Adam Gontier still could rock the mic even after he left Three Days Grace.

Alter Bridge was pretty good, but sadly they didn't play that many songs. I was also kinda hoping they would play some of Mark Tremonti's solo songs, but I suppose that was wishful thinking.

Breaking Benjamin actually surprised me with how well they hyped up the crowd and owned the stage. I really only listened to their more popular songs before the concert... but lets just say I drowned myself in their material post-show. They also did a little bit of covers; Schism by Tool, Walk by Pantera, and Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. And their cover of the Star Wars Imperial March was sick as fuck.

As good as they were together, however, Disturbed made them all look like dogshit. Seriously, the two or so hours they were on stage was one of the most invigorating times I've ever had. Started with Ten Thousand Fists to absolutely psyche up the crowd and they never lost momentum. Their cover of The Sound of Silence was almost ethereal, and I nearly teared up because of the raw emotion David Draiman put into the mic. They played a surprising amount of songs from the The Sickness and a good amount from their new album, but what irritated me is they didn't do a single song from Asylum (it's pretty much my only complaint). I would've killed to see Asylum or The Animal live.

TL;DR: I left the concert that night with ringing ears and feeling more giddy than I had ever felt.
The difference between gods and demons largely depends on perspective.

Check out my O/Os!

Sara Nilsson

Best.. hmm I think it was to FINALLY after many years of missing them to see Sonata Arctica live with my husband. Now he isn't a metalhead but he does like Sonata since they are a bit more mellow. They did a great show, really enthusiastic and Tony was as handsome as ever :D Had a blast even though we where both exhausted after a long week of working. I was on cloud 9 even as he all but carried me out due to my chondritis kicking my ass hard.

Worst? hmm Nightwish. about four years back, the equipment sucked. Seriously sucked, the speakers where squeeling and they sounded TERRIBLE! Way to loud for what the speakers could handle. Was quite the disappointment.

Beautiful Mystery

OneRepublic with The Script. I have loved OneRepublic for a long time and I wanted to see them the first time they came to my city but couldn't. It was outdoors and I had lawn seats. It was the perfect temperature as well. The music was wonderful and they are amazing live.
Check A/A
The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns.
He comes dressed as everything you have wished for.
O2//A2//Request//Boudoir

yobo

The Pretty Reckless in February was awesome. Taylor Momsen is a great vocalist and has a great stage personality, and the music is great according to me. Definitely worth going all the way to Switzerland for. ;D

Chaosfox

I can not think of a worst concert (have not been to many) however best would be the loca Music festival.  Though only because they  got 3 Doors Down to play in 2015. THey had Sugar Ray this past year but it rained so I did not go... kind of wish I had though as I do love Sugar Ray.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

dead radio

Pearl Jam in Venice, 2010. It also happened to be my first big concert. I think I cried when I saw Eddie Vedder jumping on stage.  :-)

Kaspider

Want to go to a heavy metal festival but a bit scared. It gets wild as the videos show. I'm not a huge metal head but my favourite rock band are performing on one of the stages.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: niinja on August 24, 2017, 03:04:06 AM
Want to go to a heavy metal festival but a bit scared. It gets wild as the videos show. I'm not a huge metal head but my favourite rock band are performing on one of the stages.

Dont worry, us metal heads are not as bad as people think. We drink a fair bit yes but I found most to be very nice to those that just want to listen to the music, if someone falls we pick em up. If anyone is hurt we care for them. In general :)

Kaspider

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 24, 2017, 03:07:05 AM
Dont worry, us metal heads are not as bad as people think. We drink a fair bit yes but I found most to be very nice to those that just want to listen to the music, if someone falls we pick em up. If anyone is hurt we care for them. In general :)

That is so good! I went to a couple of concerts and they are so friendly and stuff. But this is like a 12 hour festival. A whole different ball game hah

RampantDesires

Matt Nathanson will always be my favorite live performer I think <3

His shows are generally in smaller venues and he never fails to form a crowd connection.  He's one of those people who sounds BETTER live than in the studio and he seems to genuinely love what he does.  So much love for that man.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

BentLycan93

Josh Groban back in 2011 around Christmas.