Like WHOA! Any good books xD?

Started by Monochromatic, May 28, 2006, 02:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monochromatic

°††°
I’m heading to the bookstore later on (tomorrow) and was wondering if anybody has any good suggestions on some books. I read pretty much anything, but I’m a sucker for Fantasy, Sci-Fi and the Classics.

<3.

Jefepato

Ender's Game.  That is all you need to know.

Monochromatic

Quote from: Jefepato on May 28, 2006, 02:27:06 AM
Ender's Game.  That is all you need to know.
xD! Well, now I have one book on my list so far.

Swedish Steel

Good Omens. Fun book.

A game of thrones, by George RR Martin. The only fantasy series you ever need to read, so wonderfully evil and perverted you'd think he was a member of Elliquiy. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Elvi

Good Omens deffinately, a great read.......
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Moondazed

As is just about anything by Terry Pratchett :)

If you're looking for something weird and off the wall, try Christopher Moore.  His characters are interesting and quirky and his plot twists never fails to surprise me. http://www.chrismoore.com/
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Swedish Steel

I also like Pratchett, but Good Omens is especially good since Gaiman reins him in when it's needed (and Pratchett do seem to need some tight reins  ;) )
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Elvi

Yep..any Terry Pratchet.

Like Dragons? - Anne McCaffrey

Monochromatic

I'll give them all a go xD! I'm a book aholic.

Elvi

Oh you've opened the flood gates now saying that!

Monochromatic

Muwahaha! Exactly what I wanted. My usually trips to Borders or the used book store about every two weeks, is me bringing home at least 20 books.

Some people are addicted to Cigs, or Alcohol... I'm addicted to words.

I just read a pretty humerous series of books; Dead Witch Walking; The Good, the Bad, and the Undead; and Every Witch way but Dead. xD

Elvi

They sound good..who are they by?

Moondazed

Quote from: Monochromatic on May 28, 2006, 01:13:11 PM
I just read a pretty humerous series of books; Dead Witch Walking; The Good, the Bad, and the Undead; and Every Witch way but Dead. xD

Kim Harrison?  I'll second that they're wonderful :) 

Kelly Armstrong is also a good writer if you like books about werewolves and witches.  She's written six in her series so far, Bitten, Stolen, Dimestore Magic, Industrial Magic, Haunted and Broken, which just came out.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Monochromatic

Quote from: moondazed on May 28, 2006, 01:59:53 PM
Kim Harrison?  I'll second that they're wonderful :) 

Kelly Armstrong is also a good writer if you like books about werewolves and witches.  She's written six in her series so far, Bitten, Stolen, Dimestore Magic, Industrial Magic, Haunted and Broken, which just came out.
Have those as well xD.

Elvi - They're uber good! I love the main Character, she's just as screwy as me.

Elvi

I'll look out for them....*smiles*

Monochromatic

They were out of "Good Omens" so I asked the guy to order it for me.

Timiko

The Foundation Series by Issac Asimov

Monochromatic

Quote from: Timiko on May 28, 2006, 07:06:23 PM
The Foundation Series by Issac Asimov

I'll give that a go next stop at the book store - as well ^^.

King_Furby

If you like Sci-fi Philip José Farmer is a very good author.

But i am partial to his novels because i have one that is authgraphed to me personally by him and he lives in the same city i do.

RogueJedi

A good sci-fi author is Elizabeth Moon.  Her stories are awesome!

Monochromatic

°††°
Furby
Lucky! I Wish I had an autographed copy of a book by an author I liked.

RougeJedi
I've heard of her- I'll give her a read ^^.

Ajoxer

I recommend Peter F. Hamilton- Warning, his books are HUGE. His first series, Night's Dawn, a Sci Fi Opera, came in at over 3000 pages in 6 books, but I personally loved it.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

diddywah

I just finished the third of Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books - LOVED them and can't reccomend them enough...witches, vampires, weres, pixies, fairys, trolls....

Great stuff.

Monochromatic

Ajoxer
I actualy have those, someplace xD.

*Attacks and snuggles on, because of your Avatar.* JACK! *Has a giant jack plushie I sleep with xD.*

Diddywash
I can't wait for the fourth book. been on my wishlist forever!