A Free World of Wonders: Adventures await! (All are welcome to join)

Started by emoguy, September 15, 2011, 03:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter had followed the young man into the tavern, sitting back down at the table in the corner, keeping away from everyone. This time however he took his hood down so that he could have a better look at the room, the hood was a visionary nightmare at times, especially with his shoulder length black hair covering half of his face all the time.

Electric blue eyes stared out at the tavern. After an initial glance around the room, his gaze settled on the troubled male that he had met outside, the man looked bewildered and shocked and confused, Hunter figured that the guy was working something out or something was coming back in his memory, so Hunter took his book out and began to read again, flicking his hair out of his face so that he could concentrate on the pages with both eyes.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Dragunov

his eyes gaze slowly down. his mask slowly slides off of his face on to the table. he doesnt know it but he is one of the most famous heroes on earth. He had not even the slightest clues. he also has the power to control fire but it could end up destructive and he also doesnt know that. his eyes glance up. he walks to the bartender and orders a drink. he tried to pay the man but he would not accept the money because of something he had done for them but he has no memory of it. suddenly a word burst into his head. "Krazor?"

emoguy

Draven nodded, glancing about at the men in the room that still looked at them. He watched the magik user and his new friend in the corner for a moment with a slight interest before turning his head back to Cia. The request of payment was simply a formality, but he wouldn't let on to that. She had interested him. Not much does that anymore. He has seen many things, delt with all kinds, but she was an enigma to him. So he wanted to stay around her to solve this puzzle.   That is acceptable. I don't ask for much though. I don't require much to survive. He flashed her a smile, the canines in his mouth slightly larger and more pointy than a humans. He had just now realized she probably still thought he was human. [/b][/i]

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a few leaves of paper and slid them to her. A contract./ This is to ensure that you fully understand what you're getting into by employing me. Read it well. Upon reading it she'd find that it mostly told how employment can only be broken by her and payment will only be accepted upon termination of the contract. It also stated that he was hers to command and that if needed to, he will give his life for her protection[/i]

emoguy

Dragunov, you never posted a character Bio in the OOC thread. The point of the Bio is to make it easier for people to interact with your character and to give a little knowledge of who they are and if they even want to interact.

Dragunov

Story Tale

Ariella stops just outside the village and pulls a map from the worn leather pack she is carrying. She squints at the map, looking behind her down the road, then looks again at the village. Her pale brow furrows with concentration and she turns the map upside down, then to the left, then around again looking at it from all angles. Her full lips purse into a small pout and she messily refolds the map and shoves it back into her pack. Tossing back her waist length blond hair she shrugs the strap of the pack higher up on her shoulder and continues on. The village felt right to her, and thats what mattered the most.

Her pale green eyes meet the wary gaze of every person she passes as she makes her way deeper into the village, anxious to feel a connection with one of them, some sort of spark or surge of adrenaline that would be a sign that they were the object of her Queens attention. Hiding her frustration behind a bright smile to a passing store owner, she whispers a string of curses in the ancient tongue of her people, a murmur that might seem like nothing more then gentle humming and soft spoken words of love. The store owner looks at the small woman traveling alone and his brow raises, looking behind him, then back to her, sending her a parting wave as she follows the crowd.

So far Ariella had seen no one of interest, and she mindlessly follows the flow of people, stopping when she sees a small group walk into a tavern. She might as well start in here, she thought to herself, and crosses the street to stand in front of the door. A hand lifting up to outline a graceful trail along the gold set in the wood. "The Widowed Beauty," she says softly, liking the way the words dance across her tongue. An anticipatory smirk lifts the corners of her mouth as she pushes against the door and steps over the threshold, her gaze traveling across the room, meeting the gaze of all who looked up. Her smirk widens into a bright smile to everyone and tips her head gently forward in a silent greeting, her hair falling forward across her shoulders, the tips of her ears just visible through the thick mass of light blonde, almost white hair that tumbles over her slender shoulders and down to her narrow waist.

Not waiting to see if any return her greeting she weaves her way through the tables and finds a clear spot at the counter. Catching the barkeeps eye  with a dainty flick of her wrist and a curl of a finger she motions for him and asks for a mug of hot tea. As he readies it she hops onto a stool and places her traveling pack on her lap, then rummages through it, pulling out a small clear vial with a thick golden liquid inside. The barman sets the mug in front of her and she opens the vile, letting a bit of the liquid drip into the steaming tea, only a drop or two, but no more. She tucks the vile back into her pack then swivels around on her stool, leaning back against the counter and studying the crowd, one slim leg crossed over the other, her foot bouncing with restless energy as she scans the crowd.

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter looked up at a woman with waist length blonde hair walked into the bar, he didn't say anything, instead cast out his senses to see what was on the womans mind, instead he was surprised to find that her mind was guarded; he could not read her.

He thought about this for a second and then shrugged, she was of no importance to him in the first place, so he went back to his book, reading in silence, occasionally sipping from his glass. A small ache behind his eyes was beginning to form, indicating that he was getting tired and would need sleep within the next few hours.

Dragunov

his eyes slowly observe the woman and he backs slowly to the corner of the room and sits back down away from everyone. he starts playing with his fingers. he knew something would happen. he had some rememberence of a certain power or form. a bright spark glistens in the air. "ah there we go." now a bright half red half blue flame appears in his hand flickering brightly. he puts the flame out slowly by clenching his fist. he knew somebody in here would know something about him.

TheStampede

Raphael walks slowly into the bar. He looks around the room, pausing momentarily on a few individuals who stand out to him. A woman with pointed ears, and platinum blond hair, an elf maybe; A man with blue hair and two identical swords on his back; A person reading a book, which seemed an odd sight in a bar; A woman with an odd tint to her skin that didn't look quite human. But he had no room to complain about others apparences he reminded himself, and he shook back his long mane and continues forward, walking in his bare feet, which were more like oversized paws.

He goes to the bar and orders a tankard of malt mead. Raphael took a seat at the bar, trying to ignore those around him. It was no use. The amount of people in the tavern meant that no matter how he tried, he could not ignore them completely. He could try somewhere else, but there was no quarantee that anywhere else would not be as crowded, and he had already found a seat and gotten a drink. Perhaps this would have to be test of his patience. Perhaps trying to find someone with whom to have a conversation with would be an easier task. He eyed the woman he thought might be an elf that he had set down beside. After a giving it some thought, he said the only thing that came to him at a time like this.

"Hello."
"If you stay right where you are, then people will eventually come to you."

Dragunov

Dragunov grips the handle of his knife. he felt something in the air. cold and dark. his eyes slowly turn to see a shadow going down the wall and flows to the ground and slowly a figure rises from the ground. a man he knew. bad memories were associated with this person but he didnt remember them because of the accident. the mans and grips his throat and squeezes on to it bringing him up off of his seat. "ugh." the man speaks. "this is for attacking the legion"the man rams a knife into his appendix just as dragunovs knife hits into the mans heart. the man now drops to the ground dead just as dragunov falls back into his seat gripping the handle of the knife in his appendix "ugh!!"

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter watches the scene in front of him, the apparent hero and the shadow man having a scuffle, putting his book down after marking the page, Hunter moves forwards towards Dragunov who is now holding a knife that is stuck in his appendix. Hunter knows he can help out, he had basic medical training when he was with the guild and knows enough about healing magick to be of assistance. He kneels down beside the fallen man and looks at the wound.

"This will hurt a lot, try not to yell"

With that Hunter grips the hilt of the knife and pulls it out of the man, dropping it to the ground, he then clamps his hand over the pouring wound, his hand soon becoming soaked with blood. Chanting endlessly for several minutes, healing energy passes out of Hunters hand and into the wound, knotting nerves and veins back together, healing the damage done by the blade. The effort makes Hunter sweat a little and he has to focus a lot on keeping the flow of energy going but eventually he falls back, his hand and most of his robes covered in blood but on the man known as Dragunov, there isn't even a blemish, the skin looking as if it didn't have a weapon sticking out of it minutes ago.

"Consider yourself fortunate that it wasn't as bad as it could have been, you need a guard"

Hunter got up and looked at the blood that has sunk into his robes.

"And the first thing you can do as payment in return for my services in buy me some new robes"

Hunter walked back over to the corner and picked up his staff and book then strode back over to Dragunov and sat down next to him. He looked at the crowd for a moment as they were watching the pair.

"You can all return to your drinks now, there is nothing to see here"

He turned back to his new employer

"So what do you need help with apart from general guarding and the recovering of your memory?"

Dragunov

he grits his teeth when the knife is pulled out and sits up slowly looking at Hunter. "thats about all i should need." his hand reaches into his robe pocket and in astonishment he pulls out a bag full of about 10 pounds of gold coins and gold ore. "is this enough to pay?"

Hunter Phoenix

"That is way too much, 1 gold piece is all that is needed, you need someone to keep a look out for you though, especially with the way your memory is at the moment, I'm coming with you whether you like it or not"

Hunter took one gold piece and placed it within his robes without blinking. He felt that he needed to help this guy out, he could have just ripped the mans memories out for him and given him his mind back but it was never as simple as that, he needed to learn it all back on his own.

"I know a lot about the mind and memories, trust me you need me with you"

To prove his point, Hunter pointed behind him towards a darkened corner were two red eyes were looking at the back of his head, watching the warrior that Hunter was talking too.

"They are after you for a reason, you need to find that reason out before they kill you, I'm helping you, end of story, now come on, we need to get out of here"

Hunter stood and helped Dragunov to his feet.

Dragunov

the word legion keeps repeating in his head. then he finally understands something. "have you ever heard of the guild of heroes? i have faint memories of the place. i know that thats a good place to retrace my steps and gain my memory back".

Story Tale

Ariella had watched the newcomer from the moment he made his entrance to the tavern. Her foot halts its bouncing and she lowers the clean but chipped mug of steaming tea to hover  just above her lap, turning her pale gaze to follow his path to the bar. As he slides in and orders a drink she turns to look at the rest of the room, but her thoughts keep traveling back to him. He looked interesting, to say the least, but she couldn't tell much about him yet.

As she hears him say hello she turns to him, her mouth parting to respond, a friendly smile on her lips - until the crashes and grunts of fighting reach her ears. Hopping quickly to her feet she turns towards the commotion, her hand at her thigh curling over the dagger that was strapped tightly against it. Before she even has the chance to move the fight is over, and she sees the man who had been reading, the one she had felt a stirring of magic in, stand to help another. With the danger gone, for now, her fingers slide away from her dagger, then curl back around her mug as she takes her seat, this time angling herself towards the newcomer.

With a small clearing of her throat she sets her mug of tea on the table, her fingers softly tapping a short tune on the ceramic. Ariella turns her attention fully to him, gazing at him curiously, taking him in from his full, bushy mane down to his giant paws. She hadn't seen one such as him before and she forces herself not to lean back and search for his tail.

"Hello to you, Sir." She says with a smile, her teeth sparkling behind her wide grin. She looks back to where the fight had occurred then back to him, her eyes sparkling. "Looks like trouble slipped in behind you."

TheStampede

"And that is the curse I seem to bare. Trouble likes to follow those that try to avoid it, it seems."

Raphael eyed the mage and the assasin as they got to there feet. He then emptied his tankard of mead in a single swig. He placed a single gold piece on the counter.

"You may call me Raphael," he said to the lovely woman beside him. "What, pray tell, is your name?"

Dragunov

his eyes narrowly focus on the man and the woman talking. he can still hear people talk of his name. frequently hearing things like. is that the hero of will and strength. no cant be hes dead. he wonders who he truely is. his head sturs with emotions and mixed feelings. he grasps a hold of the mug on the table and squeezes it tight shattering it into a million pieces. "sorry. i dont know my own strength yet" he truly has no clue what hes capable of.

Story Tale

Ari took a sip from her own drink, then held the mug close to her chest, the warmth from the tea sliding down her throat and pressing close against her like a soothing blanket. Although she did not look particularly worried about what had happened in the tavern just then, she wasn't used to fighting, and especially stabbings and such. For as long as she remembered any argument her people had amongst themselves had been settled by the hand of the Queen.

The man's golden mane fascinated her, as did the shiny bit of gold he had put on the counter to pay for his ale, and she had trouble tearing her eyes from these to respond to him. "My name is Ariella," she says as her restless hands find a grove on the counter, sliding over it as if she were trying to smooth it out. "Wha- erm." She chokes a little, realizing she was just about to ask him what he was before she stopped herself. "Where are you from? Here?"

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter nodded to the warrior

"I know the guild well, I have had several run ins with them, the most recent being when they were hired to attack my home town and they killed my family, I will take you there but if they make a single move against me, they will all burn"

Hunter looked over in the corner at the man and the woman he had seen earlier and walked over to them.

"How would you like to earn some gold? I'll pay you to come with me and Dragunov to the Guild of Hero's, just to get him there safely, after that you are free to go, the guild is some ways off though and will take a few days to get there"

To prove his point, Hunter reached inside his robes and pulled out a pouch and dropped it on the table with a thud, it opened and a small horde of gold was revealed.

"I will split that between the two of you to accompany us"

TheStampede

"Nice to meet you miss Ariella. I am from a distant forest, known to humans as Eldeen." Raphael looked at her for a moment thoughtfully. "As for the question I believe you were about to ask, I am what is known as a Leonal."

Raphael had trouble understanding why asking someones race outright was always concidered a rude thing to do. Surely curiosity was no sin. Raphael felt like asking that very question himself. Now that he was right next to her, he was not sure she was an elf after all. He had met a few, but she looked different. He decided that since she thought it would be rude for to ask such a question, he better not do it himself.

"And where might you be from?"

Story Tale

As the murmur of the other patrons conversations swirled around them she leaned forward, her eyes thoughtful on her tea. How much should she reveal to this man, her Queen had not told her to be secretive, she had just assumed that since her Queen had not told her of the plans, she was to keep most information to herself. Or maybe she was wrong, maybe her Queen had simply not told her the plans because she enjoyed seeing Ari fumble around searching. The idea was not unlikely, her Queen was quiet mischievous sometimes.

Lifting her bright gaze to the mans she decides it will be fine to reveal at least the answer to his current question. "I'm from the Otherworld. It's..." she frowns, her face screwing up as she tries to explain. "It's there," she gestures vaguely behind her to the bar, "and there" gesturing widely to everything beyond. She smiles, her mind turning to the beauty of her home, yes it was slow changing, but it was her home. "Its everywhere really. My Queen told me to travel to this place specifically, and so.." she trails off, spreading her leather clad arms, "here I am." Crossing her legs she leans closer as if to share a secret, her light flowery scent surely reaching his nostrils, "so now I must learn of this place, and reveal its mystery. What do you know of here?"

Dragunov

he slowly gets up from his seat. his eyes focus on the shadow in the wall. he starts to walk away slowly his black robe drifting in the slow breeze coming from the door he comes to a stop just as he feels cold steel press against his throat slowly. the man holding the silver gleeming sword speaks in a horse voice. "the legion shall not be made a fool of." the sword presses slowly harder on his throat. his eyes observe helplessly.

TheStampede

Raphael was puzzled by Ariella's response. The other world is what she had said. But she had not explained what it was. Perhaps she was trying to be funny. The thought was pushed from his mind as he caught her flowery scent. No matter he motives he needed to answer her question.

"I cannot say I know much of this area. I'm just passing through really." He thought for a moment. "But maybe it would be a good idea to learn more of this city before moving to the next place. What exactly are you supposed to be learning."

He noticed that she had leaned in closer to him, and he copied her. Certainly she was trying to hear him better, and he couldn't blame her in this place.