What Are You Currently Playing?

Started by ZK, July 04, 2006, 11:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

Havent progressed to the point where i can make an amulet like such. What do i need to be able to do that?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

kasen03

Ooh..now you're taxing my memory.

You'd need the largest soul gem with the largest soul in it.. but there is another way (since those are amite difficult to come across)

There is this quest one of the goddesses give you.. it's down in the bottom right of the map on an island (I think)  The quest is reasonably simple, and the reward is a Soul Gem that is NOT CONSUMED when you use it to make magic items.  Thus.. you can make LOTS and LOTS of constant effect magic items.. thus my cloak of flying.. my amulets of constant regen.. my items of constant sancutary.

Then either you use your enchantment skill (if it's high enough) or you go to an enchanter at the mages guild.

Lilian

Uh'm.. uh'm..

I was the grand champion of the Arena at level 4? >.>

But no magical stuff like that. =P

MagicalPen

lol...its pretty easy to be Grand Champion. There are mods out there that make the game harder. First time i played, i did it at level 2. Currently, upon leaving the Sewer in the beginning i only go into town to seel my gear. Just picked up some Dwarven Arrows and Armor  :o :o and that from just randomly doing some Dungeon Crawling. Well, its over in the area where the current grand champions home is (where you find out he is a vampire) since i decided to do that quest to learn some skillz from him. My alchemy is pretty awesome right now...could pretty much see first 2 effects of everything shortly after leaving sewer. Still hard to get Health Potions though. Dwarven Armor looks awesome...also found two bows in one dungeon..one dimishes fatigue on hit, other does fire damage. pretty cool...esp since i had to drop my bow earlier to pick up something i sold for 200. Plenty of gold...5K i think....

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Ellyssa

kasen03

Lirliel

Dungeons and Dragons Online

And no I don't play it.. I don't play anything with a monthly fee attached (cept for the net :P)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

MagicalPen

Me either. I love my games, but dont have that sort of time or money to make a monthly fee worth it.

BTW, i spent all my money on that manor house....the cursed one....and now find myself bitten by a vampire! Already to the point where being outside in the sun (its so bright!) kills me. I've heard that the quest for the cure is a long way...is there a simple way to cure vampirism? (i would like to be able to run around in the sun once more)...and i dont have any money right now either  :'(

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

ZK

Heh, I already beaten Oblivion 99% complete. Only last thing I have to do is that damnable Ninroot quest. The potions are kind of useless anyway in later levels.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

kasen03

I used to play WoW for abit.. had a SL character.. and right now am playing Puzzle Pirates..that's the extent of my onlinedness.

I am on Xbox online.. fun fun :D

ZK

Since people and myself flooded my own board and disreguarded my rule about the board. Anyway, about to get back on topic.

Currently Playing:

Console: Dead Rising [X-Box 360], Suikoden V [PS2], Dragon Quest VIII [PS2]

PC: F.E.A.R., Worms 4 Mayhem, SpellForce 2

Net PC Game [MMORPG]: Second Life, World of Warcraft

Retro Console: Chrono Cross, Persona 2 [Episode 2]: Eternal Punishment
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Lirliel

Currently playing:

PC: Arcanum (Rulez! :D), Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, IwD2, Bg2(Soa+Tob) and not to forget Fallout 2 *bows*

Net PC Game: Second Life
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

MagicalPen

Currently playing:

PC: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (plus both expansions)

I've become addicted it seems....not playing any other games or consoles!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

kasen03

Currently Playing (with apologies to Z.K.)

Xbox360 - Oblivion, Dead Rising, Tiger Woods PGA '06

PC - The Movies, Puzzle Pirates

Mucks - Heh heh.. forgot these. - Play on Shang, Taps, Beauty, SGA & Into the Black.  (although I'm mostly idle in most places)

Ellyssa

Sowwy.

Currently Playing:
MMORPG: Dungeons and Dragons Online. Yum. Loot. Also er.. this, and Kingdom of Loathing, but both of them are text games so they probably don't really count.

Have a ton of other games but they're all inactive right now. SL character still sitting at character creation after a month, so.. maybe sometime when I get tired of DDO :)

Akioth

PC Online: Knights Online, Turf battles, Face of Mankind. (Too busy nowadays to play though)

PC Offline: Star Wars Battlefront II, Halo, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Space Cadet Pinball (Yes the standard windows Pinball), Fate.
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

King_Furby

PC Online: Planetside Reserves (A sci-fi first person shooter/RPG)

PC Other: Halo / Halo CE (trying to learn how to make custom contest)

Mia Saisyu

PC : World Of Warcraft. XD Second life to a smaller extent, if it really counts as "playing"..

Console : FF7 : Dirge of Cerberus, Grandia 3, Rumble Roses XX ( I'm a dork -_x ) Ninety-Nine Nights.

Disgaea 2 is out next week! YAY! Xenosaga Episode 3! Enchanted Arms!

And then the week after that, KoF 2006!

kasen03

Heh heh.. I downloaded the demo's for Rumble Roses and 99 Nights.

heh heh

TonyWoods

PC : World of Warcraft (on the EU Draenor server, if anyone is on the same server and wants my character name(s) then gimme a shout!), Baldurs Gate 2 (for like, the 4th time - which is uber rare for me, as usually once I finish a game I'm done with it forever... if I can even be bothered to finish it, what with so many other games to play...), and Titan Quest.

Console : Need for Speed Most Wanted for the 360 (although I use the word 'playing' lightly here, as I just jump in every now and then, tear up the streets, and collapse the biggest thing I can find on a lot of police cars *grins*)

Games I'm looking forward to playing : Def Jam PSP (what, its not an RPG yet I still want to play it?!), Enchanted Arms 360 (if just to get that Pizza Golem...), Rogue Galaxy PS2 (if it ever comes out over here...), Final Fantasy XII PS2 (again, if it ever comes out over here...), Disgaea 2 PS2, NWN2 PC (hopefully there will actually be a good campaign in this one, as the lame assed story from the first one sent me to sleep every time I tried to play it... Baldurs Gate it most definitely wasn't...), Hellgate : London PC, Saints Row 360.

*looks at the list, feels wallet sink*

Now, who wants to place a bet on me finishing ANY of the above?!
Tony's Turn Ons - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7198.0

We are such stuff
As dreams are made of, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep

kasen03

Have you downloaded the demo for Saint's Row?

I was surprisingly disappointed by it :(  I'm now looking forward to GTA:4 in the fall for the 360.. unless that demo was a VERY early version and they've tightened it up, I'll maybe be passing it by.

I'm actually curious about the upcoming 'Mass Effect' game.. looks like it's giong to be a mix of rpg first person and squad based combat (admittedly the squad based combat looks really thrown together and icky.. too bad they can't get together with like the creaters of Battlefield 2 or something to get it right)

TonyWoods

Yeah a friend downloaded it a while ago whilst I was at his house - if anything I was swayed more towards playing it than I was offput by it, as the videos I'd previously seen for it online made it look very unimpressive to say the least (what can I say, I'm a graphics whore...).

At heart its just another GTA game, and I can't say I'd be buying it myself at full retail price - but thankfully I have a brother with more money than sense (which admittedly, isn't hard) so I'm quite happy to play that, and Dead Rising when he gets it, for free *grins*

Ah, and how could I forget Mass Effect?! I agree with your comment about the combat system - I hope it isn't another Jade Empire in which a badly implemented combat system detracts from the characters and the storyline... Looks like we've got about another 6 months or so in which to wait to find out!

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

kasen03

Dead Rising..
PURRRRRR

I have it.. I've beaten it.. now going through it again to try to get more stuff.. and the fact that I'm near-god-like now.

The game is one of the best I've played (and I think it does a good job of showcasing the 360)

I will pay full retail for games where I know I'll get the value out of it.  I paid full for Oblivion.. I paid full for Dead Rising.

And..hey...I liked Jade Empire.  Going around with the wonky quick changing martial arts which were all more or less the same was FUN :D  heh heh.  And I loved the graphics..that game SURE was PRUDY!!!

TonyWoods

What? You've got it already?! *checks profile* Bah, damn US getting everything before lil old England *grumbles*

I liked Jade Empire too, and it had one of the funniest end credit sequences I think I've ever seen - was genuinely laughing out loud pretty much through out it. Was just a pity that combat sucked and boiled down to 'hit, hit, hit... jump over enemy... hit, hit, hit...' - didn't exactly make me feel like Bruce Lee!

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

kasen03

Canuck.

So..like 'little' USA.. heh heh.

I'm jealous of you getting to watch the new season of Dr Who way before us..even though the CBC was one of the backers of the new series.

It FORCED me to download them.. see..I didn't WANNA be bad..I just needed to see it ;D