The Nonary Game

Started by Rollard, February 06, 2011, 05:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollard

You have been selected to play a special game. It is called the Nonary Game. Consider this a priviledge.

If you don't know what the Nonary Game is, then you're in for a real surprise.
You wake up in a room, the last thing you remember is a man in a gas mask and knockout gas filling your lungs. There is a bracelet on your arm with a number on it. You cannot remove it, no matter how hard you try. What do you do?

Create an original character fit for a modern-day setting without any fantasy elements. Do not tell any of us their name yet, however. That will come later.

We need 9 participants to play the Nonary Game. No more, no less. I will assign everyone a random single-digit number once there are 9 of us, myself included. I will provide more information on this "game" once we have that many.

There are currently 7 players. We need 2 more.

AurelieCatena

Intriguing to say the least... But without more details about the content, I find it hard to involve myself deeper into it.

Could you at least give us a couple of tags?

Zireena

Indeed, I'd like to know at least what type of character I should make...

Moon Hound Hati

This based on... Oh... Oh yeah, I'm so in! This game blew my mind, so I definitely want to participate in it. Of course, no spoilers from me for those who aren't in the know. :P

I'll see if I can get a sheet up later.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

rpgirl85

Her mother was an illegal immigrant in the States who for the sake of citizenship married an American agreeing to be his play toy. She ran away from him a few years later not able to take his abuses any longer pregnant with a girl child. So the girl was literally born and raised in the streets where after an untimely demise of her mother a decade later she was left to fend for herself. And without an education, prostitution was one of her few options to make a living and she adopted it.

Ebb

I'm interested. Do you want characters posted here or PM'd to you?

Solstice

...Oh. Oh, my.

So, yeah, I'd most definitely be interested, if you don't mind somebody who  (OOCly, mind) is familiar with... yeah. I'll come up with something, methinks. Any format you want character profiles in?
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Love And Submission

I'm in. Do you want us to send you our character? And if so, what do you want from them? Name and Backround only or more then that?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Zireena

This one was a former member of an all girls gang, until most of her gang was wiped out by another one. She was kept as a trophy, a sex slave to the gang, until she escaped. Now she's back on the streets, trying to recover from her humiliated ordeal.

Rollard

I actually had a thorough description on how the Nonary Game works, which was going to be on my introductory post, but a data vampire got to it, and I was so upset that I had lost everything, so instead the nature of the "game" will be revealed within the RP itself. If anyone has played 999, you'll know exactly what the Nonary Game is. If not, well, have any of you seen the Saw movies?

If anyone wants to PM me your characters' real names, you are welcome to do so, but my character will not know them without being told in the context of the RP.

Ebb

Character:

______ is a dentist, specializing in cosmetic dentistry. He makes a good living polishing the teeth of trophy wives in the ritzy part of town, and rumor has it he has slept with more than one of his clients. _____ himself is on his third divorce and has no plans to marry again any time soon.

Rollard: Do you have nine players?

Rollard

We have 8 candidates, including myself. We need one more. Although if two more people end up coming in, I can just play the role of the game master.

Moon Hound Hati

Character

Appearance

Name: _____ _____
Bio: _____ is a third year college student. He is usually calm and reserved, venting his pent up frustrations and anger at the local gym, where he practices boxing. He used to have two younger siblings, a pair of identical twin sisters, but they were kidnapped 9 years ago and never heard of or seen again.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Sethala

The idea intrigues me, but the reference to Saw makes me a bit cautious.  Not a fan of bloody slasher movies and such... would that pose a problem, or am I missing the point?

Moon Hound Hati

Hm, personally I find that it isn't like Saw in the sense of gory deaths, but rather that the game involves puzzles and traps that can/may result in death if not solved.

Sethala

Ok, figured out a bit more after some searching...

I think I may have to get this game, although I accidentally spoiled some of the ending so I'll have to wait a while so I can forget about it.  Regardless, if there's still room...

She used to have a normal life, nothing glamorous but not anything to be ashamed of, either.  She finished high school, but was still saving up for college when her life was turned upside-down...

Rollard

We have five profiles so far. The rest of you, I'm not sure yet. All I need is a picture, and a brief bio to confirm that you're in the game.

Photo

I'm in.

_______ is a young woman (obviously). A graduate of Stanford and recently hired in (the city/ town we base the story in) as a newspaper writer. _______ majored in journalism and minored in anthropology. She has difficulty being honest, especially to men. Her family background is shaky, hard to track and traumatic. She never talks about it, she refuses to even talk about where she's from. Never straightforward, she uses simple lies and sly manipulation techniques to get her way.

There's more...but since i've no idea what the game is, I'm not sure what will be relevant.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

LittleKitten

She is a bright young woman with a future in the military. Her father was a Japanese police man before he, his wife and their young daughter immigrated to the USA.
She excelled in school and finds her technical prowess exceeds even the geniuses of the field.  She graduated MIT at 23 and was recruited into the military. She was supposed to work on a program to all the rapid aiming of the rail gun. While she succeeded, she believed that program should be shared with the world.  With no other nations possessing the program, or even the ability to create rail guns...
she leaked the program online and sent it viral.
She's been dishonorably discharged and facing court martial and prison

I will think of a code name later

Rollard

Moon Hound Hati

Maybe edit the opening post to contain who's in, or at least how many we have and how many spots are still open?

Photo

agreed, an update of the first post would be cool
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Rollard

I did that, stating how many players we have left to go. What else is there we need?

Ebb

Although I understand that the mystery is a key element here, you might want to tip your hand a little and describe some of how you see the gameplay going. I myself wasn't really interested until I Google'd a little to get a better idea of what was going on. Not everyone might be as motivated to do so.

Rollard

Well, there's that. Now what?