Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 30, 2012, 06:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

Everyone knows the secret of Area 51, but what if there was another US government secret in the Nevada desert?

In the early 50s a traveller from the future arrived, warning that in the future time travel would become standard and if it wasn't policed it would be the greatest threat to world security they had ever seen. With his help the FBI set up the Time Agency, a group of elite agents trained to deal with threats to the timeline without the public ever being aware of their existence, based in the Nevada desert where few would notice it.

But something has gone seriously wrong.

The timeline has changed, events are taking place which shouldn't be, and as one of the few people aware something is wrong agent Jake Smithers must discover the truth before the real threat reveals itself. But is he already too late?

I would be playing Jake, your character can be anyone (as long as they're human, aside from the time travel this is a relatively realistic Earth) but you need to have something about their life that has been altered but which they are at the start of the story they are unaware isn't right. Suggestions for potential changes (although feel free to choose one of your own):

Dead family members who shouldn't be.
A wife they didn't meet in the changed timeline.
A different, perhaps less rewarding, job.
Living in the wrong town entirely.

The only other rule (aside from no power or godmodding) is that they must live in the immediate proximity of Jake as they need to be able to interact with him. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Photo

that's a nice spin on the classic timetravelling story. I'm interested, thinking of a character could be pretty challenging though, which is a huge draw to this game for me. I feel like it would take a few days to write something (I always think of characters faster than expected though).

Do you have a nice device to unite all of our characters, or should I worry about how we're all going to end up in the same spot?
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Lady Jenn

Well my thought is, considering Jake is panicking big time currently he's shouting out things he shouldn't do (look in the RP, under the same name as this request thread, for how it starts) so perhaps you could be his neighbour who overhears it and wonders what the heck he's talking about. After all the neighbour is unaware what's happening.

Lady Jenn

Name: Jake Smithers
Job: Agent of the Time Agency.
Biography: A young man born in upstate New York Jake was recruited to the Time Agency at college after showing an astonishing knowledge of quantam physics. One of the few recruits from his year who made it through the Agency's rigorous training regime he is now an active agent. He live alone in Iowa and wears the time travel device all agents use on missions constantly, even when asleep. To some this appears to be extreme paranoia or weird, but as he is about to discover it may be what saves his life...

Lady Temptress

Hello, may I join? I would like to be the Wife they never met.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

sounds like a good plan, could you do a character bio in here (like the one I posted for Jake but about your character obviously)

Lady Temptress

Thank's and  I can do that. Just give me a bit to  make that skelly. I'm at work til 10 am.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

that's fine, just post when you get a chance  :-)

Lady Temptress

Thank's and I will post it when i get home. It's hard tp post long when taking care of a 1 year old. :P I'm a Nanny to 3 kid's. Only watching 1 today. XD
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

ah, I haven't had to look after any kids in my life...yet anyway lol

Lady Temptress

I am home and time for myself, to rp. Ok time for my skelly. Name: Hannah Montgomery. Age: 19. Occupation: Nurse. She also work's for the Time Agency's medical staff. ( I hope that's ok to put that. ) Hair: Blonde hair to the tip's of her shoulders. Eyes: Baby blues as deep as the ocean's water's. Clothing: It changes daily of course, but she usually wear's nursing scrub's at work and off duty, she is adorned in jean's and blouses and tennis shoes. In the summer she wear's summer dresses, shaw's and flip flop's or open toed sandles. Bio: Hannah is married, but the man she is married to doesn't know that they are married. ( I wasn't sure what to put for that part. ) End Skelly.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

That sounds alright, if she doesn't know she's married then I take it you're assuming she doesn't realise the timeline has been changed? (there's a spoilerific reason for me asking that lol)

Lady Temptress

Oh, she know's she is martied but the guy - husband does't know? How do we work that?
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Well no, I meant more that neither of them realise in the real timeline they're married. Not necessarily that someone's deliberately ensured they never met but that it was sort of a butterfly effect from another alteration, if that makes sense?

Lady Temptress

That makes sense and I like it. So who would be the husband?
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

well I PM'd the other guy who showed an interest in this RP to see if he liked the idea of it being his character, of course it could be she should be married to Jake...but only he knows that lol

Lady Temptress

lol well, if the other guy doesn't respond to your pm, then she can be Jake's wife if you like. So, would she know that she is married, but just nit to who? Sorry for the wait, I was eating dinner.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

I prefer the idea that she thinks she's single, he knows they're married and is trying to convince her he's not a complete weirdo  :P

Lady Temptress

That works for me. How do I chane her status on the skelly? And is this where we rp it?
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

There should be a modify button next to your post with the skelly in it, that's how you edit. The actual RP is in the Non-Adult Roleplay section of the site, best off waiting for an answer from the other potential character before you post though. I can link the story thread in here though so you can check out the first post if you want

Lady Temptress

Thank you. we shall wait for his reply and please send the link.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Lady Temptress

Lady Dreamer

Lady Temptress

It has been a long day and this storm is putting me to sleep. so, I  shall see you tomorrow. Ii'm off to bed. Have a good evening. Night night.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Okay, hopefully Photo gets back to me soon  :-)