Monster University (Seeking Male Char for Gender Change)

Started by Nazora, April 29, 2012, 08:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Leona with tentacles would be...  :o Eek! Too scary!

Blue Leah

If you're still looking for someone to play the gender-swap character, I would definitely be interested. Let me know and I can put together a character sheet here shortly. :)

Chrystal

*Waves a welcome at people, especially Kimera* Hia hun, good to see you again.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Laughing Hyena

I dunno if that would be good or bad but there is some entertainment found in it.

Haibane

@ TKtheExiled and Kimera - please be patient. Nazora is our GM, so sorry if we all chit-chat away while waiting for her to answer your enquiries. Generally, though, I can say, yes the role of a magical girl is still open or so I understand as I think the game needs more than one.

Laughing Hyena

By the way how many people have we got so far for this? I think I see a good chunk of excellent writers here. (Not including myself as I am constantly needing to correct myself.)

Nazora

Well, of those who submitted character profiles no one has posted anything in the OOC or the Character thread. We have all the cast from the end of first season, I think, but no new cast for the second season. I approved Etah's character for one of the main gender changing roles as a Savior, and I sent him a message, but I haven't seen any further activity.  We have a lot of interest though, which is very encouraging. I think three very promising character candidates just expressed interest.

Annie, I love your profile idea, go with it. The mention of the disease the people died of is kind of upsetting to me, but that is more of a personal thing on my part. I had another idea, but I'm going to let it be your call. Anyone who's interested should submit a character a thread. Expect me to be a nitpick with your character, or possibly suggest other ideas. Usually it is not because anything is wrong with your character but because I need to fill other types of roles to balance the game.

I REALLY NEED NEW REGULAR HUMANS OF ALL ALIGNMENTS AND PROFESSIONS & MONSTERS ALIGNED WITH MAWD!

I NEED PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN MAKING A CHARACTER OUT OF THE FACULTY NPC's

I could still use ideas for a central gender change character, but these profiles will be a bit harder to get approved. As these will have to be characters I really want to toy with over a slow gender change! Still, don't be discouraged. If Etah does not play then I will need this even more desperately.

I can make room for other magical girls as well, and include or not include the gender change element.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Annie

Another pictures: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 (NSFW) - 6 (if she turn out to be a magical girl)

Player Name: Annie

Character Name: Hinata Yoshiko

Alignment: none

Powers: Sensor - she feels a strange alteration in one of her senses when near a monster. It's something subtle, like a blurry vision, or a low noise, a sensation of coldness... When more powerful the monster is, more senses are affected.

Personality:

She's the quiet type, although she can be very talkative when excited. Hinata doesn't gets along well with social interactions, but she does her best to be an enjoyable person and don't push away others with her nerdiness (something that she vainly tries to hide). Because of that, it's very difficult to her to say 'no' to a friend. The opposite sex is her weak spot: she became very shy and even more clumsy near a cute boy. Also, her experience with boys is zero. Hinata have the most romantic and orthodox thoughts about sex, altough her submissive nature would make her willing to try another kinds of experience (please, pm me or check my ons/offs).

She really loves to study and her favorite subjects are physics, mathematics and chemistry. As expected, she's a top student, and really gets pissed when receives a low grade. She dreams to work as a researcher in some important university and bring her contribution to Science, making a really big paradigm-changing scientific discovery.

Appearance:

Hinata have a curvaceous, feminine body, that she insists to hide, but without much success. She's shorty (155cm - 5' 1"), what adds to her cute looks. She usually keeps her blue hair in twin ponytails, only loosening it in special occasions (parties, dates - if she had one, that is). No, she don't use that yellow ribbon on her head. Her main choice for clothes is long skirts and long sleeved blouses, although she have no problems in using other kind of outfits. Her main problem is to have a poor sense of fashion, often picking clothes that don't help on her looks at all. The coke-bottle glasses she uses, hiding her beautiful blue eyes, is a drawback to her appearance, also (although there are people that find that cute). If it wasn't for her beautiful body, no one would look at her.

Background:

She 'survived' a monster attack, when she wasn't even born. A monster attacked a building were her parents worked. Her parents, among other coworkers, were saved. About some weeks later, her mother discovered that she was pregnant. Everything went fine from now on: she was born and they were a happy family... Until some years later (15, to be exact) when every survivor from that attack started to die in that year, from a unknown kind of cancer.

Now, she doesn't know about the other survivors dying from the same disease that killed her parents, in the same year. And her parents never said to her what happened in the attack. So, no one can tell if she was just exposed to some kind of "radiation" when still a fetus or if she is , indeed, "related" to the monster. And no one could explain why she didn't developed the same disease. Of course she doesn't question herself about this, since she doesn't even dream about all of these informations.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Laughing Hyena

Blue Leah

Generic Image

Player Name: TK

Character Name: Solthis (Sol) Merrillin

Alignment: SOS

Powers:
->Orbit A: Tārā'ō(Weapon Power): This power uses Solthis' necklace as a focus, and creates a ring of 5-10 ethereal daggers (Depending on amount of energy expended) that orbit Sol at shoulder height. These daggers can be manipulated in a variety of ways- while orbiting, they provide a constant, chainsaw-like aura within their radius; or they can be fired from their orbit as a projectile; or, finally, Sol can simply reach out and grab daggers to fight with in close quarters. The "Stars" orbit is relatively fixed, capable of being moved only from shoulder to hip height.
->Orbit B: Candra (Shield Power): This power uses Solthis' bracelet as a focus, and summons a pair of ethereal shields that orbit around the core of his torso like moons. When passive, these shields orbit slowly... however, their orbit is much more variable than that of the Stars, and can be shifted to cover any angle on Sol's body when he needs it. When active, the moons will shift their orbit as quickly as possible, interposing themselves between Sol and his attacker as best they can. It's not a perfect defense by any stretch of the imagination, but it serves well against most physical attacks.

Personality: Sol is, to put it bluntly, a bit of a "space case." Ever since he was a child, he's been fascinated by the moon and the stars in the night sky, and has spent a good deal of time out on his father's back porch looking for constellations when he could have been studying. Or Sleeping. Needless to say, his "night-life" directly impacts his day-to-day life, and he is prone to zoning out or dozing off in classes or even when just conversing with friends. People who can get past this fact find themselves dealing with a patient, loyal friend... when he's paying attention.

Appearance: Aside from the bags under his eyes from staying up until 3-4 in the morning on an almost nightly basis, Solthis keeps himself fairly well maintained. Sure, he doesn't really style the scruffy, bluish-black hair that frames his face... but he does keep it cut and kempt, and he at least makes sure that his clothes are neat and clean before leaving the house. Of course, no amount of neatening and tidying will get rid of the fairness in his skin from living the majority of his active life under the moonlight...

Background: Sol is the only child, born to a matriarchal family of Transmuters and Conjurers who have made their livings hunting and eradicating monsters in areas too remote or too poor to attract the attention of the more powerful Saviors. Being as he was the last in the blood-line, his mother began to teach him what she could of her clan's charms at a  young age... even as his father was teaching him the stories of worlds and galaxies beyond our own. The result was the first male child in the Merrillin bloodline's history with even a hint of transmutation ability (albeit, a very un-developed and unsophisticated hint), as well as the first Merrillin to dream of being an astronaut instead of a demon hunter.

Over time, though, it became clear that Sol could learn no further tricks from his mother or even his grandmother, and the young man was sent out to find someone, anyone, who could teach him how to control his gifts beyond a simple conjuration of daggers and shields...

Background needs some work, I think, but that is what I've come up with so far.

Annie

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 15, 2012, 09:02:06 PM
By the way how many people have we got so far for this? I think I see a good chunk of excellent writers here. (Not including myself as I am constantly needing to correct myself.)

This is one of the reasons why I joined this game. And I'm including you in the excellent writers, Hyena. ^^

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Annie

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 16, 2012, 03:56:30 AM
My first reaction: OMG! <3 *hugs the shy nerd!*

Something tells me that you liked her. ^^

Now, I updated her appearance and personality. Only needs to work on her background. Again, any tips would be useful. ;D

Kimera

Ok, had this great idea of a making a monster that would evolve during the course of the game. Still need to work out some of the parts obviously, but will work on it in the next few days.

The further it gets in its development the more powerful it becomes. I was thinking the first one could be a queen, and thus could control its broods once its an adult and starts reproducing more.

Name:

Picture:

Affiliation: Is it affiliated with MAWD? What is its rank? Is it independent or renegade.

Stage I: Egg

Type: Parasite

Weigh & Height: Couple grams

Influence: Does it have influence over any kind of non-sentient monster?

Description: Description of the monsters appearance.

Abilities: A breakdown of the monsters abilities for defense and non-combat.

Powers: This would deal with elemental powers that are directly related to attack and is limited to one main and one sub element.

Feeding: What energies does it prefer to feed on.

Preferred Feeding Method: How does it feed.

Stage II: Larva

Type: Parasite/Chimera (I think)

Weigh & Height: Self explanatory.

Powers: This would deal with elemental powers that are directly related to attack and is limited to one main and one sub element.

Stage III: Coccoon

Type: Parasite/Chimera

Weigh & Height: 2-3 kg

Influence: None

Stage IV: Young Adult

Stage V: Adult

Preferred Feeding Method: How does it feed

Nazora

Wow, that is not a cute monster, seems intensely formidable. It is a great idea, very unique, it is nice to see an insect monster, or a viscious looking monster. Just try not to make it to powerful. If you ware creating a swarm make sure the swarm creatures are smaller than the average dog or the swarm might be too hard to deal with. Being an insect, it will have to draw its energy from the forest and should have insect like weaknesses to balance out the strength.

Exiled: You're solid, a lot of potential in this character, but need some refining for this game.

Powers: These are appropriate and well thought out. Do remember that your character will only have powers as a Savior, not before. Also, since the character is male, her will have to go through the gender change to receive these powers.

Background: This is okay, but the powers you mentioned above can't be part of the clan's bloodline if he is being recruited as a Savior. If the SoS doesn't need to unleash his powers there is no need for a recruitment and gender swap. Then he would be more of an outside ally to the Saiors or the MGAPS, which could have much intrigue of its own if you don't wish to play the gender change. I can make room for another group of humans with powers outside the storyline, but you'll have to keep the historical abilities of his clan, or at least his own, limited, if he is to be recruited by SoS.

I'd like to here more about why he decided to go to Henkaku University.

Annie: I think your profile is okay as it stands, student profiles are rather straight forward. Um, there is a typo at the end of the background that bugs me though, fix it! Love the character.

Hyena: Stop drooling on Annie's profile  :P
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Annie

Typos, typos everywhere... O_O

But I'm not sure if I found the one you mentioned, Nazora. Now, about her profile, if you gave your blessing, who am I to disagree? I will post her on the char thread. ^^

Kimera

I wasn't sure if you wanted vicious looking or cute, monster-girl type monsters, but this had potential :3

Haibane

We seem to be drifting away from a world full of vanilla humans and monsters with magical girls that have the powers to a game where non-magical people have some powers.

I'm not comfortable with that as I think it blurs what we have so far which has been useful in clearly deliniating lines between the characters and their roles.

If powers are around among non-magical girls the world would know of them and the whole first part of the game was built on the premise that people didn't.

Can I ask that if you are not a magical girl (SOS or TAMGAP) then you have no powers? I suppose some very weak sensing ability is okay if you've been a victim in the past but nothing more than that and definitely no weapons (offensive or defensive).

Just my 02.

Laughing Hyena

I think TK's character is supposed to be a magical girl. Specifically the one that is meant to be gender bended for good into a girl.

Haibane

But I hope the powers come after the transformation and not before.

Laughing Hyena

Oooohh... yeah according to the backstory he would already have them. Yeah that might be something you'd have issue with and I can see why.

Haibane

Exactly. The game is about girls getting powers when they transform. Before they transform the boys gender change into girls. You don't become a magical girl because you have pre-existing powers.

Quote from: TKtheExiled on May 16, 2012, 08:05:19 AM
Background: Sol is the only child, born to a matriarchal family of Transmuters and Conjurers who have made their livings hunting and eradicating monsters in areas too remote or too poor to attract the attention of the more powerful Saviors. Being as he was the last in the blood-line, his mother began to teach him what she could of her clan's charms at a  young age... even as his father was teaching him the stories of worlds and galaxies beyond our own. The result was the first male child in the Merrillin bloodline's history with even a hint of transmutation ability (albeit, a very un-developed and unsophisticated hint), as well as the first Merrillin to dream of being an astronaut instead of a demon hunter.

Over time, though, it became clear that Sol could learn no further tricks from his mother or even his grandmother, and the young man was sent out to find someone, anyone, who could teach him how to control his gifts beyond a simple conjuration of daggers and shields...
None of this does fits the game world at all, unfortunately.

Also, I would prefer to see a character with a Japanese name seeing as he is an ordinary Japanese schoolboy.

Laughing Hyena

Those are two good points. Unless the backstory has him undergo a magical girl transformation prior in his back story (which defeats the purpose of what Nazora's wanted) then it doesn't make sense as far as continuity.

Blue Leah

Morning all. Just figured I would acknowledge some of the concerns with my logic behind the backstory.  If it is really a problem I'll drop the concept, but:
1) The powers listed are the final powers once the character obtains "Savior" status, not current powers for the character. However, the backstory does contain elements that are meant to make Sol an actual, viable candidate for the transformation, rather than just having him be a random kid off the street. Hence, the minor, underdeveloped powers; not enough to create the daggers of the Orbit spells, but the ability to make smaller changes to his bracelet and necklace. Something to give the existing Saviors reason to think there is potential.

2)Sol doesn't have a Japanese name because he's not Japanese. My concept is a character who has traveled to multiple places hoping to find someone to teach him to advance his abilities, with zero success thus far. Again, if that is really an issue, the concept can be changed. I was just running with an idea.

Hope that clarifies / makes sense. And as I said, if not I can dump the char and move on.

Laughing Hyena

Make sure you clarify these points on the sheet itself and that you make it out plain as day. Trust me that helps immensely.