Non-Adult Deity Group Role Play

Started by Interested, February 04, 2011, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

And now, we have enough players, if the others of you who have already posted are still in.

We will still accept new players though.

swordwind

Are you saying we have 3 avatars to control and then were a god?

Interested

I mean, you control 3 avatars to control while you are a god.

Sorry if it sounds confusing.

swordwind

Consilium  -God of Wisdom(Wisdom 3)
Long ago a man of unknown understand was birth into the raging turmoil of the world. What he saw was a place unlike any other and he knew that something had to be done to protect it from the harsh reality that it would slowly evolve into. But to do such he needed something have other look upon and worship. Something that would draw their attention and make them believe within him. Something beautiful, something they would love, something that would heal their pain and allow them to push through the hardships they would face. He thought and thought about what he could do for the people that he saw walking upon the earth, then it came to him. These traits couldn't be place within one being, but they could be placed within three. So he went to work and created three women that would walk the lands, to guide those that didn't know where to go, what to do, and someone to believe within. With his hard work he created his daughters.

Amor- Avatar of Love- Portfolio (Love 3) People needed someone that would draw their inner passion and turn it on. Someone that would drive people to their limits because they wished to be. Someone that people could grow to love. Amor was the first daughter that Consilium created. With her by his side he could continue to push his goals because he desired it, and whenever he thought things wouldn't work he gazed upon her and he found a way to continue on.

Forma- Avatar of Beauty - Portfolio (Beauty 3)
Forma was the second that Consilium created. She would be the beacon that people would look upon to come to Consilium way of thinking. She would show the people the pinnacle of their greatness, in a physical sense, and draw them like a moth to the flame, her name would spread across nations with her beauty and others would speak of her for years to come.   

Sanitas- Avatar of Healing - Portfolio (Healing 3) Sanitas was the last that Consilium created of his three daughters, because even love and beauty could push one to their limits or draw them to their greatest heights, some people had pain that no one could cure, that's where Sanitas came into being. She could purify the body, mind, and soul, with her powers. She would rejuvenate the weak and make them strong. Allowing them to follow the path that Consilium would lay before them.

Interested

Quote from: swordwind on February 10, 2011, 12:33:49 AM
Consilium  -God of Wisdom(Wisdom 3)
Long ago a man of unknown understand was birth into the raging turmoil of the world. What he saw was a place unlike any other and he knew that something had to be done to protect it from the harsh reality that it would slowly evolve into. But to do such he needed something have other look upon and worship. Something that would draw their attention and make them believe within him. Something beautiful, something they would love, something that would heal their pain and allow them to push through the hardships they would face. He thought and thought about what he could do for the people that he saw walking upon the earth, then it came to him. These traits couldn't be place within one being, but they could be placed within three. So he went to work and created three women that would walk the lands, to guide those that didn't know where to go, what to do, and someone to believe within. With his hard work he created his daughters.

Amor- Avatar of Love- Portfolio (Love 3) People needed someone that would draw their inner passion and turn it on. Someone that would drive people to their limits because they wished to be. Someone that people could grow to love. Amor was the first daughter that Consilium created. With her by his side he could continue to push his goals because he desired it, and whenever he thought things wouldn't work he gazed upon her and he found a way to continue on.

Forma- Avatar of Beauty - Portfolio (Beauty 3)
Forma was the second that Consilium created. She would be the beacon that people would look upon to come to Consilium way of thinking. She would show the people the pinnacle of their greatness, in a physical sense, and draw them like a moth to the flame, her name would spread across nations with her beauty and others would speak of her for years to come.   

Sanitas- Avatar of Healing - Portfolio (Healing 3) Sanitas was the last that Consilium created of his three daughters, because even love and beauty could push one to their limits or draw them to their greatest heights, some people had pain that no one could cure, that's where Sanitas came into being. She could purify the body, mind, and soul, with her powers. She would rejuvenate the weak and make them strong. Allowing them to follow the path that Consilium would lay before them.

I'm sorry Swordwind. Theo thers posted their gods right.

Your avatars all are vessels of your spirithat you use to effect the outside world.

swordwind

??? huh

I'm a bit lost on that reply, their avatars. Meaning they interact with the world they are sent out into. So....how is this wrong or right?

Interested

I mean, like, the Avatars are kind of like an extension of a deitie's will.

Primarch

I updated my first bio, on another hand if anyone wants to plot a connection/relationship between their characters and mine I'd be quite interested.

KaiiVii

Name: Aelin
Goddess of: Plants, Animals and Earth
Religion: The aspects of Aelin are often worshiped both together and as a whole. When a mortal feels the need to speak to her they often journey deep into a wild area to leave an offering to speak in thanks or prayer. Aelin-of-Animals is the one that is affected by a Hunter's Prayer after a successful hunt and it is she that might keep the unthankful hunter unsuccessful for a time. She does not like the cutting down of her trees to make great cities and her favor is reserved for those who live close to the earth and herself. Harvesting plants for food or cutting down diseased wood is another mater altogether, as long as those mortals are thankful for her gifts.
Appearance:
Earth Avatar: A short and stocky lady with earthen skin tones and mossy looking hair. Her vivid green eyes convey her deep emotion in her mind and clothes made from flowing cloth.
Plant Avatar: A tall dryad seemly covered in papery tree bark. Naked but flat chested and obviously in human. Large eyes and no mouth and a small nose. Small vines sprout from her head as if they were hair.
Animal Avatar: Her form varies from types of animals. She always blends in with her surroundings looking completely natural but has an obvious aura of divinity to mortals.

(I want to draw something for them but Its not going tooo well)
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

Primarch

I just changed history to "Religion" and wrote about early civilizations understanding of the god and how to give worship. You could do that. :D

KaiiVii

"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

Tomalak

Would anybody mind a late arrival?  I did something like this in High School, and it was a blast!
Shame I didn't keep it active...

Have you considered doing a 'in the beginning' story?  Or are primal deities even allowed?  I know if I got involved, that's the kind of thing I like to portray.
My apologies for spotty posting habits this week (the first week in march).  I have been ill, so they may continue.  I'm taking care of myself, so I hope it will pass soon.

cryptkeeper0

god of knowledge: Proterious
history: He  rose up from the void of the universe as order came from chaos. He watched the creation of all things taking down there very structure and organization. In intricate detail he took down all that there was to know and continues to dissolve all new information. He observes all happening in the universe.
utoris: A tall skinny grey being with no visible mouth and large all observing eyes.
The book of knowledge: a book whose pages have no writing but can be read by those it chooses to allow them to read. Filling the head of its reader with the knowledge it allows them to read.
The tool of expression : A tool that takes the shape of what ever its user needs and allows them to express there ideas and knowledge to a level of detail and fluidity that they couldn't do with out it.

RubySlippers

Name: Taa

Goddess of: Commoners 1, Idleness 1 & Freedom 1.

History: As a mortal was a creature of leisure over work and hardly industrious not that she minded doing things she liked if it made her money but never work.

Appearance: A earthy beautiful mortal woman often in little more that flowers and a simple tunic and smells of natures bounty that oddly varies by the person one might smell flowers and another soft freshness after a rain whatever they most find beautiful in nature to smell. Her hair is earthy dark brown and eyes blue like the purest sea.

Religion: Her followers tend to work enough to get by but she encourages learning and invention focused on peaceful applications supporting dieties along these ends with the end goal a society someday freeing mortals up from drudgery as much as possible so they may focus on enjoying their lives. A goal others do likely oppose since ideally no one would work or do anything that is unenjoyable forever at a certain point. Her faith is not a rich one but one rather that is of intrinsic riches extra hours to savor, a friend to spend time with, a lover or lovers, a walk in the woods or a nice swim and yes earning money at what you find enjoyable. Her holy places are libraries open to all she encourages learning and everyone being equal in this poor or rich, most have recreational things to do, gardens, baths, healers and centers for inventors to meet and work on progrssing the mortal race in good ways. In rural areas she has sylvan temples that focus on advancing food producing science and learning and tend to be at hot spring areas. Her clergy are generally wise over attractive as the main consideration favoring clergy that set the example. Holy days are April 1st [All Fool's Day] where the cult pokes fun at the mainstream and frolics more than usual and pranking others that are serious is expected. May 1st [May Day] is honored as a day to just enjoy the spring and mortal good things. But she encourasges lots of festivals and parties and most temples have many, many local lesser holy days. Her cult is very popular among the common folk and no few elites prone to support leisure for different reasons.

However she abhors slavery, leaders that mistreat the poor over the wealthy but accepts the fact some are going to be over others always until she brings True Harmony, placing unseen or seen chains on others against their will and those that are uncharitable.

Busty Peasant Girl: A older teen form with a voluptuous well fed body and scent of roses, often in a well worn dress showing off her form. [Commoner Aspect]

The Perfect Sloth: A perfect Sloth that can talk often lounging around some nice spot. [Idleness Aspect]

The Unbound Slave: A scantily clad enough for modesty woman in broken chains ans scarred from the lash with a wild look this is her harbinger form the one she takes when very angry to see her is to see your doom and her wrath when driven forth is ferocious. She rarely acts directly rather she will lay a curse or horror in place that will work itself out to undo that she is angry at. Note it may take alot to get her this angry but she rarely cools her temper once roused. [Freedom Aspect]

RubySlippers

I can see I'm going to be the popular deity in the game with all of you - so far. (sigh)

>:)

My character is not evil just wants mortal to never have to do anything they don't want, never go hungry or thirsty and enjoy their mortality with few if any cares someday. Might make all of your characters obsolete since she wants mortal invention to surplant the deities so we can retire from the lives of mortals.

Primarch

Retire? We've just started!

I gotta teach them all how to cave in each others heads properly.

Primarch

Quote from: Interested on February 12, 2011, 05:05:53 PM
Ok. . . We should start soon.

So how will it work precisely? Will we just RP as our avatars representing our Gods or will we be switching back between Earth and some kind of Clash of the Titans God Room?

sinoraa

I would disagree with that Ruby. Sense your god is so easy going, why would they worship her? There have been many gods of joy, and festivity through out the ages, yet we do not see them around anymore. What it comes down to is that people will not ask some deitys permission to have fun. But they will however fall down on their knees, and step in line if not doing so would get you a front row seat in eternal hell fire. And I find it harsh to call my character evil, she does however consider the sea hers, and rightfully so as its goddess. But if humans wish to swim around in it, drink it and clean their dirty... unmentionables... then she demands tribute. How would you like it if someone stormed into your house, uninvited, and did as they pleased?

I remember a few years back ants somehow got into my house, and built a nest in a crack in the wall... Their presence disgusted me, so I had them wiped out... So in a fashion, because they invaded my domains, I wiped out their entire civilization. Yes ants are not people, but people are hardly gods.

Primarch

Quote from: sinoraa on February 12, 2011, 07:38:20 PM
I remember a few years back ants somehow got into my house, and built a nest in a crack in the wall... Their presence disgusted me, so I had them wiped out... So in a fashion, because they invaded my domains, I wiped out their entire civilization. Yes ants are not people, but people are hardly gods.

Same thing happened to me last summer, they were coming from a crack at the side of our driveway into the house for the sugary drinks my brother would leave around over night. They didn't get the message when I sent boiling water down their crack, so I deployed chemical weapons D:< A great plague to wipe them out!

RubySlippers

Quote from: sinoraa on February 12, 2011, 07:38:20 PM
I would disagree with that Ruby. Sense your god is so easy going, why would they worship her? There have been many gods of joy, and festivity through out the ages, yet we do not see them around anymore. What it comes down to is that people will not ask some deitys permission to have fun. But they will however fall down on their knees, and step in line if not doing so would get you a front row seat in eternal hell fire. And I find it harsh to call my character evil, she does however consider the sea hers, and rightfully so as its goddess. But if humans wish to swim around in it, drink it and clean their dirty... unmentionables... then she demands tribute. How would you like it if someone stormed into your house, uninvited, and did as they pleased?

She is not a diety of pleasure but rather three things - commoners (those at the bottom of the mortal systems of leadership), idleness (not don't work rather work at what you love and as little as necessary to get along) and freedom (this to include freedom from want and anything freedom entails). My dieties ultimate goal is to form a mortal society so advanced that they don't have to do anything they don't want to do, live well their mortal lives and have a harmony where change is no longer necessiated by war or other challenges. Until then her clergy focus on these in ways suited to the society now such as innovations in food gathering so that its easier and therefore they eat better giving more time for other things a bit. When artifical intellignece comes along she wqould push this to create a master AI that could run robots to do menial things for mortals freeing them up from such drudgery. I want to make needing the gods and goddesses not necessary for mortals under her care. Consider her progressive but only as loing as progress ends in no need for progress at some point.

But she is not a nice diety you step on those under you, enslave the innocent or attack her dominion she could be as big a threat as any diety just being more sneaky. Like she might create a champion of the common man, mantle him or her with special abilities and plant them among a population of slaves creating a Spartecus at a real bad time in a society like a slave revolt during a major war by a mortal that has the strength and ability to withstand damage far greater than any other around. Maybe even hidden so the God of Wars faithwould train them in the crafts needed to rise up successfully. Or she might opt just to free the slaves by carrying them off to another land. But its unlikely at large her big goal can be met its like most drwams a dream but a society might get there among mortal socieites under her auspices.

She would be worshipped due to her offering those downtrodden a friend and many will die for a friend over someone striking fear into their hearts.

And must I note true the ants were ants, you get driver ants in swarms they can kill a human and strip them down to bone.

Primarch

As it would happen if she was too achieve her goal and the world, no longer needing nor wanting the Gods, forgot about them it would release my Titan of fire, death & pestilence :D

Tomalak

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 12, 2011, 09:09:45 PM
But she is not a nice diety you step on those under you, enslave the innocent or attack her dominion she could be as big a threat as any diety just being more sneaky. Like she might create a champion of the common man, mantle him or her with special abilities and plant them among a population of slaves creating a Spartecus at a real bad time in a society like a slave revolt during a major war by a mortal that has the strength and ability to withstand damage far greater than any other around. Maybe even hidden so the God of Wars faithwould train them in the crafts needed to rise up successfully. Or she might opt just to free the slaves by carrying them off to another land. But its unlikely at large her big goal can be met its like most drwams a dream but a society might get there among mortal socieites under her auspices.

This sounds like an antagonist to me. 
You are setting up a character who will become angered by any who mistreat (in your character's opinion) those below them.  That's going to seem like just about everybody at some point in the game.  Is it your intent to be constantly trying to rebel against the other deities? 
My apologies for spotty posting habits this week (the first week in march).  I have been ill, so they may continue.  I'm taking care of myself, so I hope it will pass soon.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Tomalak on February 13, 2011, 06:05:24 PM
This sounds like an antagonist to me. 
You are setting up a character who will become angered by any who mistreat (in your character's opinion) those below them.  That's going to seem like just about everybody at some point in the game.  Is it your intent to be constantly trying to rebel against the other deities?

She is not going against deities if a commander of war treats a common warrior fairly say not hurling serfs with padded armor, wicker shields and spear as the main force to be obliterated so the cavalry flank has a better chance of working then its unfair. The same serf is trained, in good armor and shield as part of a strategy equally risking the nobility and others higher born its fine. Her commoners with learning and a sense of fairness backed by her cult would see the latter is preferable and if any refuse orders to do such an attack she would back the commoners until the commanders have more sense. Since most armies rely almost solely on "enlisted and conscripts" angering them would not be good they might lose the armed force.

And all dieites should get their worship her dream is that one that she knows is going to take a long time. But she has things to offer. Her greatest weapon is commoners being educated, commoners yearning to be equal and free to think and exchange ideas and using these tools as her weapons the weapon of liberty ingrained in the soul of mortals forged by learning and knowledge guided with no idea being off limits or taboo. Then let them guide themselves to a better world nudged by her helping out maybe not always openly. JUst make sure you cults follow her rules and you do right by mortals then no problems will be there. Like if an area refused the goddess of the seas and waters then we have an issue where you have a right to justly respond to the outrage to your due. And commoners or not should honor the god of war. Until well she makes the entire diety thing unneccessary I'm thinking of having souls that can ascend to a higher form at some point a super race that together could match any diety alone in power. Her version of a check and balance over our affairs with mortals thast could someday usurp our role. My character really wants to retire to a paradise of her own at some point and leave all this bad drudgery work to others. Until then damn it the universe for making her work.  ;)