Fantasy/Historical/Sci-fi - Kushiel's ideas (M looking for F)

Started by Kushiel, August 21, 2011, 11:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushiel

I guess it's time I made one of these. I initially had some trouble coming up with story ideas I wanted to try, but once I started they just kept popping into my head ^^;

I'll keep this post up to date with the stories I'd most like to play out. Of course, if anyone is interested in just one aspect of a story, but wants to change certain details, I'm open to discussing that. Enjoy browsing my thoughts!

No points for seeing this one coming!
#1 The height of the Renaissance. Love is free and morals are just old hat. The entire city of venice changes when night falls on carnival day. Revelers flood the streets in riots of colour and bizarre costumes. All wear masks and forget who they were, transforming into hedonistic creatures of the night.
Those in the highest ranking positions of society attend a Masquerade Ball, sporting the most extravagant and eye-catching fashions of the day. They make games of discovering who is who, and embrace their anonymity as a chance to chase those that they secretly desire. Freedom is absolute, but these are dangerous games. If the wrong people were to discover what you had done at the ball, all hell could break lose and your life would be turned upside down.

This is a vague framework for an RP. The details behind specific characters, family situations, marital status and rivalries are all up for discussion. I'd love to hear from anybody interested in giving this setting a bash. I absolutely adore it.

This idea is based on the Mortal Engines Quartet by Philip Reeve. Look it up for greater details ^^;
#2 In the far, distant future, technology has taken an odd twist. Following large-scale global destruction in the the "Sixty Minute War", Entire cities uprooted, were lifted onto enormous wheels or tracks, and began to move to escape from Geological upheaval. So long had people moved in these Traction Cities, that over time, they forgot why they moved. The system of Municipal Darwinism became normal.
A young man, who had lived in London all of his life, was ecstatic when his home town swallows up a sizable resort town named Blackpool. Working down in the belly of London, he and his workmates got stuck in, stripping the newly caught prey for fuel and scrap. The refugees from Blackpool are lined up and registered to become new citizens of London, and it isn't long before a new worker is assigned to his team. Not many women were suitable for work down in the belly, but as he would soon discover, this woman had no intention of staying in London.

#3 I haven't put as much thought into this one yet, but I like the idea of doing a roleplay based on V for Vendetta. Specifically, the Aftermath of the comic/film. Will the Neo Nazi regime be overthrown by the angry, oppressed people? Or will their iron grip only grow tighter, and choke the people into miserable servitude again? How are individuals supposed to find happiness with eachother in a world like this? Is it safe to fall in love?

#4 It's a Victorian fantasy setting, based on a timeline where the excess of the Georgian regency was never halted, and Slavery never abolished.
In this world where the British Empire's conquests bring an endless stream of wealth and new cultural influences to good old England, the Aristocracy live lives of unrestricted luxury. This, having gone on for so long, has resulted in a somewhat bizarre twist in upper class fashion. Going to great lengths to improve one's own appearance is considered old fashioned, and hardly worth the effort. Instead of comparing their own appearances, Aristocrats have taken to parading around specially chosen slaves as pets, or dolls. It is their slaves that are dressed and made up to look beautiful, bizarre, exciting or exotic, depending on the season's fashion.
To top it off, the Royal pageant is coming up. Pet slaves need to be pampered and trained to perfection to appear before the Queen.

I'm looking forward to any PMs or replies to this post by anyone interested!

~Kushiel

Kushiel

Kushiel

Kushiel

*Sweeps heaps of dust and silly ideas off the thread, coughing and spluttering*

Well, it's about time.