Interest Check: 7th Sea (2nd Edition)

Started by AllieCat, June 13, 2016, 11:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllieCat

The backers for 7th sea have the preview PDF, the real books will be out in less then two months..

So.. I want to play 7th sea (or run it)

We can do what players want, but here's some ideas..

"Jenny, Jenny.. who can I turn to?" A long time Sophia's Daughter has passed away, and her daughter needs to know what the status is of various Jenny-houses in the different lands.  So, she sends the players on a whirlwind tour to check in with various Sophia's Daughters cells and to gather information for them, and to rescue those in needs of rescuing.

"The Mermaid's Song".. a lusty (and some busty) pirate crew preying on innocent and not-so-innocent traders..

"Down with L'Emperur!" (set in Montaigne, the players are a part of a cell trying to take down L'e,perur before he destroys the nation.

windwhisperedsecrets

I am very interested, more in playing than running (but could run if need be). Were you planning to have this be forum based or over some other medium?

greenknight

When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

AllieCat

windwhisperedsecrets

On here works. If I may express a preference should you end up GM, I like options 1 and 2 better. They allow for the most flexibility so far as character concepts.

MadPanda

Tentative interest here--I like what I'm seeing in 2nd Ed so far, and I admit to having a thing for swashbuckling tomboys.  :D
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Pumpkin Seeds

HairyHeretic

I'm interested in playing. Character concept will probably be determined somewhat by story plot, mood at time, and how recently I watched The Princess Bride :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3gfFVmw0kA
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MadPanda

I'll admit I got a whale of a laugh out of the fifth pre-gen character from the quickstart document, since she's more or less exactly the sort of swashbuckling tomboy I like to play* (and the possible SSR subplot aimed in her general direction was perfectly placed).

(* Namely petite, dark, and oh so very dangerous!)

In Memory of Bishrook

Revelation

Would love to give it a try, though unfortunately I didn't back it so no PDF's for me. I hope those who do have it, have fun though!

HairyHeretic

The quick start rules might still be on drivethrurpg .. that ought to be enough to help with the rules, and I'm sure someone could help you with the character creation bit.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MadPanda

Alas, they aren't up.  Or at least I can't find 'em, and that's with knowing where they were.

There were a few changes between the quickstart and the release candidate, so that may be why.  However!  We DID unlock the 'free' basic rules thing, so that will probably be forthcoming very soonish.

In Memory of Bishrook

AllieCat

I think the full PDF will be available soon on DriveThru, they sent a link to backers with the final copy (and it's going to print now, and out before gencon!)

Revelation

If they do release it soon i'd definitely love to give it a try. I had a fun Eisen character in a short lived game, would be fun to try that again with his Eisenfaust style if such is around still. The first two ideas would interest me the most.

AllieCat

This is what they said on the latest KS update today:

7th Sea on DTRPG

Over the next 12 hours (or so), we’re going to be delivering a DTRPG code via Backerkit to all backers who are receiving the 7th Sea Core Rulebook. The link we’re sending will automatically add the product to your cart for $0.00; just check out… and you’re done.

If you don’t get an email, don’t fret. The code should be available to you on your digital downloads page at this link by tomorrow at the latest:

(snipped out the backerkit website)

The new PDF has all sorts of corrections and changes from the previous versions, including new information about Villains, a ton of Ussuran and Sarmatian edits, and a full character sheet for the game. We’ll be making additional materials available this month (like maps), so we’ll update the file along with posting new materials on our website.

The PDF will go up for sale next week, but for now… the game is just for backers. We can’t wait to see what you all do with it.

They also announced a single player cRPG 7th sea video game to be kickstarted in late 2016.

greenknight

Is Finegan still a style? I'm wanting to play a wise-cracking brawler who might be available to consult on an investigation.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

AllieCat

it will probably be in the nation book that Avalon is in, I don't see it.

The styles in the final PDF (the systems pretty different from 1st edition, so I can't say how they change)

Aldana
Ambrogia
Boucher
Donovan
Drexel
Eisenfaust
Leegstra
Mantovani
Mireli
Sabat
Torres
Valroux

Kolbrandr

Interested depending on what the book ends up looking like, which even impacts my saying I'd lean to doing something with Avalon. No idea how that place comes off in 2e.

AllieCat

Here's a brief overview form the book:

Far north and west of mainland Théah lie the Glamour Isles, the United Kingdoms of Avalon. Three crowns linked by a single destiny and duty, Avalon is a place of mystery and fantastic reality. Visitors to the isles always  remember how the dew makes the grass shine like emeralds, how the cottonwhite clouds stretch across the cobalt-blue sky and how the forests are tall, dark and menacing. As its visitors suggest, Avalon could very well be a living færie tale. If you ask the Avalons, they smile, wink and remind you not to walk alone at night—not without an iron cross around your neck or a four-leaf clover in your pocket.

What Théans colloquially refer to as “Avalon” is actually three island kingdoms: Avalon, Inismore and the Highland Marches. Each island has its own peculiarities.

Avalon itself is not particularly mountainous, but has its share of rolling hills, glens, moors and marshes. The islands see a good deal of precipitation and the intense rain and warm weather make for good crops. Morning and evening in Avalon are always covered with a thick fog that seems to linger all through the night, a fog that even the chilly ocean winds never blow away.

The main island and capital of the three Kingdoms is the island of Avalon, ruled by Queen Elaine, keeper of the Sacred Graal. Both Inismore and the Highland
Marches have sworn fealty to her crown.

But humans aren’t the only residents of Avalon. The Sidhe (SHEE), an ancient and powerful race, also reside there. Long ago, the Sidhe made a sacrifice granting the inhabitants of the isles the magic
of Glamour: the ability to summon the power of legends. Both humans and Sidhe have this power, but only if they make a sacred vow to protect Avalon from enemies without and enemies within.
While the island kingdoms are technically united, political tensions still exist. For centuries, Avalon monarchs exploited both Inismore and the Marches, subjugating the people under an iron boot. But then,
out of the chaos of civil war, Elaine arose, bearing the Graal. But how did she get it? Who gave it to her? And is she truly worthy of bearing it and the crown?

Only time will tell.

Meanwhile, the King of Inismore, Jack O’Bannon, may be an immortal demi-god or may be insane. Or, he may be both. He has sworn fealty to Elaine so long as she stays true to Avalon. And in the north, the King
of the Highland Marches, James MacDuff, has also sworn fealty to Elaine, but many wonder if his own desires eclipse his concern for his people.

Kolbrandr

Which seems mostly the same, but I'm curious to the changes in glamour, and apparently only Elaine's 20 knights can use the stuff?

Revelation

A friend of mine shared his backer copy with me, definitely interested now.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MadPanda

One tomboyish Vodacce street-rat, comin' right up!

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

I'm leaning towards Castillian duelist, probably Aldana style.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds